Dark Schneider vs Negima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
okay, it's been bugging me for a while, but I'm really curious about how powerful Dark Schneider was prior to the 4 year time skip. hell, I'm curious about how powerful he was at the beginning of Bastard!!

so DS from beginning of Bastard!! goes up against the entirety of Negima. how does this go?

Q99
It's my understanding that Schneider is *crazy* powerful, and pretty much entirely unkillable... however the entirety of Negima includes stuff like the Lifemaker.

Btw, know if Schneider can cast spells without moving? If not, then Evangeline could likely beat him.

danteiscool
don't know. I know he can do something like that after the time skip, but I can't recall if he could do it at the beginning of the series.

NemeBro
Dark Schneider at his most powerful can destroy galaxies.

Fortunately, this is pre-timeskip.

Dark Schneider is still a powerful foe, capable of grabbing and tossing a giant creature which was larger and easily overpowered a 550,000 ton golem. I am unsure on speed, but durability-wise he can tank attacks that can level mountains and shit, as can his Dispel Bounds, which effectively negate attacks fired to zero, if I recall correctly. He also has decent regeneration, able to repair lost limbs, organs, etc.

He also has a good variety of hax and powerful spells. Venom is a spell that effectively summons demonic bacteria to infect and destroy his opponents on a cellular level, annihilating them. Exodus turns him into a human torch, surrounding himself with 20,000 degrees C flames, he then bumrushes you to destroy you. Helloween is basically a big ass beam that can destroy castles and much of a city that surrounds it IIRC. His most powerful spell used pre-timeskip is Black Sabbath, which effectively seals his enemies in a pocket dimension about the size of a city block or more, vaporises everything in it with heat of millions of degrees Celcius, and then tears open a hole in space to get rid of anything left.

I am not far enough in Negima to say how well he does though.

Nephthys
IIRC the strongest Negima characters are lightning-speed.

NemeBro
Beyond that, apparently.

Q99
The fastest Naruto characters can literally turn partially into lightning. But they can still be reacted to by characters with low double-digit mach speeds.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
The fastest Naruto characters can literally turn partially into lightning. ?

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
Beyond that, apparently.

WTFHAX.

Q99
There is no 'faster than lightning,' dunno where you heard that.

"Turning partially into lightning" is how the technique is described.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
There is no 'faster than lightning,' dunno where you heard that.

"Turning partially into lightning" is how the technique is described. Apparently the actual volume of the manga in some appendix thing that Akametsu has going on described Negi as being as fast as a stepping leader during a lightning strike. Which is mach 440 - mach 6,600.

Apparently.

Nephthys
Lol, are you checking his OBD page as well?

Apparantly he has nanosecond reaction time.

Q99
Apparently the actual volume of the manga in some appendix thing that Akametsu has going on described Negi as being as fast as a stepping leader during a lightning strike. Which is mach 440 - mach 6,600.

One observer said that while watching. It wasn't a 3rd person omniscience, but someone working off partial knowledge.

Basically the way it works is the character can use it to pseudo-teleport, but is slower (though still incredibly fast) while using it continuously, and thus can be fought by people without such crazy speed techniques (though still, really really fast ones). That's going by my observations of how it's actually performed consistently on multiple occasions.

NemeBro
Didn't one character, Kurt Godel, simultaneously take out multiple of them?

Q99
Didn't one character, Kurt Godel, simultaneously take out multiple of them?

Yep.

The lightning form has limitations (even in it's second mode) that makes it more fightable than most would assume from raw numbers.

NemeBro
So based on some of the things I brought up, how would you say Negima does?

If you want scans... Nah. Not going back far enough to bother. Laziness demands it.

Q99
So based on some of the things I brought up, how would you say Negima does?

If you want scans... Nah. Not going back far enough to bother. Laziness demands it.

The problem is, I don't know a ton about Schneider. But I suspect he's at quite a speed disadvantage, and thus the higher-tier Negima characters can stop him.

Evangeline could likely freeze him in an eternal ice spell and trap him without having to overcome his immortality, for one thing.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
The problem is, I don't know a ton about Schneider. But I suspect he's at quite a speed disadvantage, and thus the higher-tier Negima characters can stop him.

Evangeline could likely freeze him in an eternal ice spell and trap him without having to overcome his immortality, for one thing.

I'm not sure honestly.

I mean, later on DS becomes millions of times faster than light, but I can't remember enough to even guess at a speed for him, the fastest speed feat is an attack of his underling, Ninja Master Gara, that is lightspeed, but that applies only to that character.

Come to think of it, Kosmik Katastrophe could probably work, DS did recently in what I am reading handle Absolute Zero freezing, but that is, you guessed it, post-timeskip, and may not apply to beginning of series DS.

danteiscool
I thought DS was several thousand times faster than light after the time skip. are you referring to his latest form (the one labelled Adam of Darkness)?

and I've been reading Negima from the beginning (kinda sad that it's ending. kinda) and from what I've seen Negi's lightning form is genuine and people have proven able to keep up with his speed. Jack Rakan is not that fast, but he has been able to stomp Negi in his 1st lightning form, not his 2nd. but all the other high tiers can apparently move as fast as lightning mode 2 Negi and so that was what gave me slight pause in making this thread.

Q99
Originally posted by danteiscool

and I've been reading Negima from the beginning (kinda sad that it's ending. kinda) and from what I've seen Negi's lightning form is genuine and people have proven able to keep up with his speed. Jack Rakan is not that fast, but he has been able to stomp Negi in his 1st lightning form, not his 2nd. but all the other high tiers can apparently move as fast as lightning mode 2 Negi and so that was what gave me slight pause in making this thread.

Note even with LM2, he specifically used infighting to prevent the mach-13 Rakan from being able to hit him. I.e. even at that speed, he felt he needed additional advantages to stop Jack from pounding him. So Negi himself felt Rakan could defend against it if given room too (room that Godel got in his fight).

And nothing says people like Eva, Fate, etc. could go as fast. I'll note the Lightning-Element Fate was moving a lot faster than Earth Fate.

danteiscool
that is true, though he had plenty of room to use when he went LM1 and Rakan really gave him a beating. and I thought Rakan was in the triple mach digits, not double.

and as to that part, Fate did show himself capable of fighting Negi in LM2 so surely he must have speed around that level as well.

Q99
Originally posted by danteiscool
that is true, though he had plenty of room to use when he went LM1 and Rakan really gave him a beating. and I thought Rakan was in the triple mach digits, not double.

When he threw his sword and rode it, that was Mach 3.2.

Double-digit is a high-end here.

Also, when he and lightning-Negi fought, non-uber tier people perceived it as a fight, not just a flash of light in an instant.

Not at all. After all, it is quite possible to fight a faster foe who doesn't think that much faster (it's only in LM2 when his thought-speed is boosted after all, and even then it's hard to say how much) without being near as travel-fast as them. It's not like Negi is like Flash, who lives and reacts at much higher speed, he just has a very high movement speed.

Negi was definitely faster than Fate when they fought. Godel as well, he relied on keeping Negi at a distance. Rakan had no speed problems whatsoever with Fate for that matter. Not once was he implied to be slow for a high-tier.

Tsukuyomi was able to fight with lightning-Negi and she's not faster than Setsuna....

You get the idea.

Rakan used anticipation against LM1 to thump it. While it's harder to do that against LM2, I'd say it's still exactly what was happening. Negi's LM2 thoughts were still in the realm of a high-end fighter to not be helpless against, and he still wasn't moving as fast as a lightning shunpo (which is pretty much the only time he looked to act like lightning) even when in that mode.

danteiscool
that is true. and now that I think of it, Negi was really getting in close when facing Rakan and Fate while in LM2. and for Negi's increased thought speed in LM2, while we may not know how fast it is then, we can assume that it's great enough for him to easily keep ahead of Rakan and others of similar speed. seeing how when Rakan went for a backhand against him in LM2, it seemed to look slow if this was being shown from Negi's point of view at the time. though looking as if it is so and if it's true are two different things...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.