Death's Head vs Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/b/b7/Death%27s_Head_II_Minion_Earth_8410.png

vs

http://i.imgur.com/KSz7X.jpg

Classic Cable w/tech takes on Minion.

-K-M-
Gotta go with Death's Head. The combined might of the X-Men including Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Beast, and Jubilee (maybe there was more) couldnt put him down.

I don't think Cable can mess with him with his telepathy as Psylocke tried a psi-spike and failed. Plus Rogue even tried to absorb his powers and abosrbed over 100 personalities shutting her down. Neither attack really phased him.

guy222
D H

Nietzschean
DH2

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"
http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/b/b7/Death%27s_Head_II_Minion_Earth_8410.png

BOOOOO!

I liked the original Deaths Head better. Although the S.W.O.R.D. version was awesome.

cdtm
Originally posted by -K-M-
Gotta go with Death's Head. The combined might of the X-Men including Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Beast, and Jubilee (maybe there was more) couldnt put him down.

I don't think Cable can mess with him with his telepathy as Psylocke tried a psi-spike and failed. Plus Rogue even tried to absorb his powers and abosrbed over 100 personalities shutting her down. Neither attack really phased him.

Pretty much.

Deaths Head II was basically designed to take on a character that killed Dr. Strange and every major hero on an alt timeline/reality Earth.

Digi
Yeah, be careful, Death's Head is technically someone else. Your pic is Death's Head II (or Minion).

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty much.

Deaths Head II was basically designed to take on a character that killed Dr. Strange and every major hero on an alt timeline/reality Earth.

Well, he failed. Or rather, it took Death Metal to complete that task. Charnal was comfortably beyond DHII.

I don't disagree with your conclusion on the fight though, just your reasoning here.

"Id"

At Classic Level with tech. Cable would take down the same X-Roster with greater facility.

Flyattractor
BOOOOO!

I liked the original Deaths Head better. Although the S.W.O.R.D. version was awesome. Ditto that... and yes. It was cool to see the Giant Transformers verion of DH in that comice...heck DH1 was the only reason I bought that rag.

And I don't know enough about cable to hazard a guess.

guy222
hey

ur from ict

Flyattractor
No. I am BANNED from ICT.

That is even better.

Digi
My inclination would've been to say Cable here, but then people hopped on the Minion wagon. So I was like "meh, I'll ride." I'm not really familiar with Cable enough to know for sure though.

Horrificus
Minion should take this.
There were some characters involved in that story arc that were horrendously tough. Charnel was just bad news.

Writers were very "light" on the limitations of these guys.

Existere
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, be careful, Death's Head is technically someone else. Your pic is Death's Head II (or Minion). Well, the OP says 'Minion' so I guess that was the intention.

Anyways, I vote Minion.

Flyattractor
I would be an interesting fight if they used "minions' abilities like they were explained but never really used in the comic, like his ability to be able to pull experiance from any of the hundreds of personalities in his matrix.

Or how that could skrew with Cab's tp.

"Id"
I meant to use Minion (Death Heads II).

There are a few factors, that give Cable some hard edges. For one the psionic might mustered from his Psimitar, does far more damage than Psylock's psy blade. IRRC, he stood up to Apocalypse with it.

You have Dominus Objective, which grants him technopathy nearly on par with his telepathy.

In physical encounter, if Cable allows the T.O. to infect Minion could prove fatal for obvious reasons.

Thats just of the top of my head.

-K-M-
Concerning the physical issue, how strong does Cable get? As Minion is class 100 and has gone toe to toe with Thing and Hulk.

I seriously doubt the technopathy angle work work here, as DH has technopathy too. Who knows as we really didnt see him explore this power often

Nietzschean
Originally posted by "Id"
At Classic Level with tech. Cable would take down the same X-Roster with greater facility. which classic version b/c it depends on what he is carrying and classic late 80's early 90's didnt carry much other than laser guns, grenades and crap on average..

-K-M-
Originally posted by Nietzschean
which classic version b/c it depends on what he is carrying and classic late 80's early 90's didnt carry much other than laser guns, grenades and crap on average..

Thats what I was confused as well, sure ID can clarify as that may sway the battle.

"Id"
Classic days, as in prior to ridding himself for the T.O. virus.

He walked around with psimitar, with loads of Tk/Tp. Enough to challenge Hulk, Apocalypse, and his Harbinger.

I went ahead gave him his tech, to equalize the battlefield.

Nietzschean
Psimitar helped him harness his TP/TK to fire Psi Bolts. that should tell u about the power lvl he was operating at. the Techno Virus was still hampering him severely.

It was just a really fancy taser.

I will side with DH2 comfortably

"Id"
But the Psimitar also helped him internalize the same powers, for him to survive physical encounters he would otherwise lose.

You can belittle it all you want. But the measure of power did go up, with the use of Psimitar near the end of its dependence. Much more compared to what we saw in the 80/90's.

Unless you think he can survive city block smashing attacks under his own power? Its more than a fancy tazer.

Digi
Id might be onto something with the techno-virus. Minion had something similar that his healing was able to keep in check but not eradicate until his had the cure for it. Now, his healing is ridiculously uber, so anything Cable infects him with might not be the same strength. But it's worth thinking about.

In a raw power battle, Cable probably has more feats. Minion has some wins here though, most involving brawls where he either gives Cable feedback from all his personalities if Cable tries a psychic attack. Or cranial syphon attack to assimilate Cable. Cheap but effective. And Minion has Cl 100 strength and is made of the toughest material I've seen outside of adamantium.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would be an interesting fight if they used "minions' abilities like they were explained but never really used in the comic, like his ability to be able to pull experiance from any of the hundreds of personalities in his matrix.

It was directly stated that his fighting prowess was the result of all the fighters he assimilated. Really, the only one he didn't use was Reed's database. Which is a shame. One of his personalities also escapes at one point...it's the whole thing behind an entire story arc. So the writers didn't forget about it. Just underutilized it.

Horrificus
Now I have the bug to break out the old DH2 books again.

Flyattractor
I usta have all the DH2 books. It started out pretty durn good but fell apart pretty fast.
It was a real shame it and the entire MUK books tanked so fast.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I usta have all the DH2 books. It started out pretty durn good but fell apart pretty fast.
It was a real shame it and the entire MUK books tanked so fast. Ha! Yup, you are right.

Yeah, I broke them out, was all excited, started reading.

Then I got to a certain point and I remembered that the story falls off a cliff.

Too bad. It does start out great. I still think Minion was a great character though. Very powerful.

cdtm
Originally posted by Horrificus
Ha! Yup, you are right.

Yeah, I broke them out, was all excited, started reading.

Then I got to a certain point and I remembered that the story falls off a cliff.

Too bad. It does start out great. I still think Minion was a great character though. Very powerful.

Minon had potential.

It's just, Simon Furman's Deaths Head had to get punked out to create the character. He goes from bounty hunting the ridiculously overpowered UK Galvatron, outsmarting Unicron, and making Scourge, Cylonus, and Rodimus Prime his bitchs, and even give Dr. Who trouble, to being just a plot device for someone elses pet character...

Although I guess it was kind of awesome that DHI's personality was so powerful, it basically took over Minon and continued to influence the dominant personality.. I was kind of hoping maybe the DHI personality would get copied/transferred to a rebuild of his original body, while Minion as Deaths Head II could continue on as another entity, but they never there...

-K-M-
Death's Head I is actually STILL around and appeared recently in the S.W.O.R.D. mini (was an on-going)

cdtm
Death's Head I is actually STILL around and appeared recently in the S.W.O.R.D. mini (was an on-going)

Read it, and it was awesome. big grin

But was it DH's I? The original was shrunken by Dr. Who, and than absorbed by Minion. Given there was time travel involved courtesy of Dr. Who, this might be the "616" Deaths Head and S.W.O.R.D. DH might be alt reality/timeline versions distinct from each other, the same way "What If" versions of characters are similar but different from 616 mainstream.

Basically, a "rebooted" Deaths Head I, without he history behind the original.. Kind of hard to say, unless we see him in the future and he starts talking about his time fighting with giant transforming robots, like Furmans Deaths Head I did when he came over the the mainstream MU.

Another theory is that this is a much younger Deaths Head before he entered the Transformers universe. Supported by the fact "Freelance peacekeeping agent", which he referred to himself in the UK Transformers timeline all the time, was a new concept for him.

-K-M-
They never explained it, but the writer said: ""if you can't bring back a time-traveling dimension-skipper, who can you bring back?"".

Some believe it was him before he met the Transformers: http://itcamefromdarkmoor.blogspot.com/2009/12/deaths-head-is-back-yes-and-possibly.html

Death's Head II also appeared in Avengers #2 (2010)

Flyattractor
Minon had potential.

It's just, Simon Furman's Deaths Head had to get punked out to create the character. He goes from bounty hunting the ridiculously overpowered UK Galvatron, outsmarting Unicron, and making Scourge, Cylonus, and Rodimus Prime his bitchs, and even give Dr. Who trouble, to being just a plot device for someone elses pet character...

Although I guess it was kind of awesome that DHI's personality was so powerful, it basically took over Minon and continued to influence the dominant personality.. I was kind of hoping maybe the DHI personality would get copied/transferred to a rebuild of his original body, while Minion as Deaths Head II could continue on as another entity, but they never there... I like to think that What if DH1 had lived story is really cannon.

Digi
How is it that suddenly there's a bunch of experts on Minion and the Death's Head stuff? For years it was just me. Then Mungi. And that was literally it. Leo knew a little, but only because I fed him scans for a tourney he entered. I remember borderline making things up in DHII threads, and no one was there to call my sh*t. It was fun times.

Minon had potential.

Although I guess it was kind of awesome that DHI's personality was so powerful, it basically took over Minon and continued to influence the dominant personality.. I was kind of hoping maybe the DHI personality would get copied/transferred to a rebuild of his original body, while Minion as Deaths Head II could continue on as another entity, but they never there...

Minion was a good character in his own right. They both had short but cool runs.

They never explained it, but the writer said: ""if you can't bring back a time-traveling dimension-skipper, who can you bring back?"".

Some believe it was him before he met the Transformers: http://itcamefromdarkmoor.blogspot.com/2009/12/deaths-head-is-back-yes-and-possibly.html

Death's Head II also appeared in Avengers #2 (2010)

I followed Avengers in 2010. When did this happen?

And yeah, it's not hard to bring back any of the Death's Heads.

Horrificus
How is it that suddenly there's a bunch of experts on Minion and the Death's Head stuff? For years it was just me. Then Mungi. And that was literally it. Leo knew a little, but only because I fed him scans for a tourney he entered. I remember borderline making things up in DHII threads, and no one was there to call my sh*t. It was fun times.

Minion was a good character in his own right. They both had short but cool runs.

And yeah, it's not hard to bring back any of the Death's Heads. big grin
I tried to get people talking about him a while ago!

You should remember, Digi. You were there.
Step into my time machine...

Death's Head II (Minion) can defeat all of these characters:

by Horrificus

Digi
Originally posted by Horrificus
big grin
I tried to get people talking about him a while ago!

Death's Head II (Minion) can defeat all of these characters:

by Horrificus

I said experts. You thought he could beat Superman and Thanos.

Horrificus
I said experts. You thought he could beat Superman and Thanos.

313 Ha!

I was lookin' for trouble.

I wanted to see if I could even get somebody to discuss the poor guy. Even through outrage.

No dice. sad There weren't a lot of fans.

I don't think he could beat those guys. But, I DID always think the idea of the "multiple personalities" had a lot of potential for raising him above his physical level.

Who knows what he could have accessed?

cdtm
Wish I was there for those older threads, even if I'm more of a Deaths Head expert than a Minion expert.

I tried making a few Minion threads too, and I think only one or two posters replied, and those who did really didn't know the character.

-K-M-

Yeah I'm pretty great eek!

Here
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-002-2010.jpg

Anyone know where this is from?
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/891344-cbmi13_15_013_1280_minutemen_dts_n_tyler.jpg

Digi
I knew about him '06 but didn't say much about him. My respect thread came out in '07. I was mostly saving him for a tourney, and didn't want to educate people too much beforehand.

ninja

Here

So the cover. Oh. srug I remember that arc. He couldn't have had more than a cameo or I woulda flipped sh*t.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/891344-cbmi13_15_013_1280_minutemen_dts_n_tyler.jpg

OMFG Dark Angel is there too?! Yeah, I'd be really interested to know the answer to this.

Horrificus

Here

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/891344-cbmi13_15_013_1280_minutemen_dts_n_tyler.jpg no clue.

Maybe, is that a Dark Guard book?

-K-M-
I knew about him '06 but didn't say much about him. My respect thread came out in '07. I was mostly saving him for a tourney, and didn't want to educate people too much beforehand.

ninja

So the cover. Oh. srug I remember that arc. He couldn't have had more than a cameo or I woulda flipped sh*t.

OMFG Dark Angel is there too?! Yeah, I'd be really interested to know the answer to this.

Well played stick out tongue

Oh no thats the variant cover, which is literally pages from inside the comic. I can scan the interior pages if you want, but it;s literally the same as the cover. I just double checked and that was it for his apperance.

Yeah I liked Dark Angel too, no clue where that is from.

Digi
No need, I have the comic somewhere. Thanks though.

Dark Angel had one of the cooler power sets ever, imo. Just incredibly versatile. I had a lot of her stuff collected for a respect thread at one point, but I lost it somewhere along the line. Much like Minion, nothing strictly new, but presented in a badass way.

-K-M-
Oh I remember where that scan is from! it's from Captain Britain and MI-13 #15. Completly gapped that.

Digi
Wikipedia to the rescue:

Death's Head appeared briefly in the final issue of the Captain Britain and MI13 ongoing series, as one of the MI13 reserves battling against an army of vampires on the moon. Whereas the other Marvel UK characters reintroduced in the issue were accompanied with captions explaining their long absences from the Marvel Universe (e.g. "Back from space"wink, Death's Head was captioned as "Just... back!", and given the line "Surprise appearance, yes?!".

Digi
The wiki actually does a good job sifting through facts to piece together a coherent idea of how they all fit together. DH 3.0 in particular is troublesome from a continuity standpoint, but not without explanations. Seems 3.0 was a predecessor to Minion, and there's hints that Minion's creator is around and active in the current MU (working for Osborne? I fell out of the loop recently, gotta catch up on some titles). It's also implied that the S.W.O.R.D. DH was pre-Transformers, and Doctor Who actually stated that he sent DH to the Transformers-verse in an old comic (The Incomplete Death's Head #12 - the Doctor gets around apparently) so in a kooky, time travel sense, it kind of works.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Trying to say the Orginal DH and having a normal Time continuity is like trying to say Sally sells sea shells down by the sea shore with a live grenade in your mouth.

And the Death's Head .3 was a good story but a big let down for any true DH fan's.
Even Simon Furman said so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.