Best Ending (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://www.thedevilsfeet.net/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/f9536659e8469e133662b2c5d4ed614d.jpg

This is a thread to discuss and reminisce about our favourite Video Game endings.

I will go first and be ultra contraversial by saying that I think that Prince of Persia 09 had one of the best endings I've seen in a video game. Its only competition in my mind is Persona 3.

FinalAnswer
Persona 3 had the most emotional effect on me out of any game I can recall, yeah.

Red Dead Redemption was also another good one.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://www.thedevilsfeet.net/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/f9536659e8469e133662b2c5d4ed614d.jpg

This is a thread to discuss and reminisce about our favourite Video Game endings.

I will go first and be ultra contraversial by saying that I think that Prince of Persia 09 had one of the best endings I've seen in a video game. Its only competition in my mind is Persona 3. *controversial

Nephthys
A loser is me.

NemeBro
Red Dead Redemption had one of the best endings out of everything that I can recall, and only neckbearded sissies who like to **** toasters would prefer Persona 3 to it, due to not being as manly as the people who prefer RDR's.

Metal Gear Solid 4 also had a most excellent ending, though 3's might have been better. MAYBE.

Toshi
Originally posted by NemeBro
Red Dead Redemption had one of the best endings out of everything that I can recall, and only neckbearded sissies who like to **** toasters would prefer Persona 3 to it, due to not being as manly as the people who prefer RDR's.

Metal Gear Solid 4 also had a most excellent ending, though 3's might have been better. MAYBE.

MGS4's mindfvck ending was one of the best ever. MGS3 also had its mindfvck if you could imply of what happened but MGS4's ending is just....wow.

Nemesis X
Z7Oc-pstqpc

Now while the Turian Councilor was obviously not seen at the end, I know this is what everyone was thinking right when they saw the Reapers heading towards the Milky Way.

Toshi
After the first time I experienced the convo with the Council I felt remorse for actually saving them.

BackFire
Red Dead Redemption is a solid choice. The ending was very powerful and effective.

I also love FFVII's ending. I know a lot of people have problems with it, mostly stemming from the fact that a lot is left open and unresolved, but the flash of Aeris' face at the very end is a very moving moment.

But I'll have to give it to FFVI. A 20+ minute ending, showing each and every character in the spotlight, with gorgeous music and wrapping everything up, it's among the most emotionally fulfilling endings in the medium.

Then there's Mass Effect 2. While the ending itself isn't all that spectacular, the final mission is by far the most tense segment of any video game. Knowing full well that any and all characters - characters that you've come to know and care about - can die takes the stakes of the mission to an unparalleled level of intensity and makes the whole thing feel very dire and desperate.

Stoic
My favorite was Uncharted 2.

BloodRawEngine
Sonic '06.

'Cuz it was all erased from existance 131

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nephthys

I will go first and be ultra contraversial by saying that I think that Prince of Persia 09 had one of the best endings.

Even with the Epilogue DLC they left the game open for a sequel.

socool8520
Red dead redemption was good. Still can't believe how many attempt I made to try and kill all those prople though.

MGS4 was pretty epic, although that is my favorite series so that's probably a little biased.

Impediment
Ocarina of Time has a place in my heart.

wakkawakkawakka
I'm going with MGS4 as a candidate for best ending. Well you know I'm going to be the odd man out and say the ending from Final Fantasy Tactics was pretty cool; I mean the sheer disappointment of not knowing what actually happened is something to respect.

Oh and Sonic 2...for some nostalgic reason.

AsbestosFlaygon
89Lj00wPlzk
Skip to 11:30 and get ready to cry

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Red Dead Redemption is a solid choice. The ending was very powerful and effective.

I also love FFVII's ending. I know a lot of people have problems with it, mostly stemming from the fact that a lot is left open and unresolved, but the flash of Aeris' face at the very end is a very moving moment.

But I'll have to give it to FFVI. A 20+ minute ending, showing each and every character in the spotlight, with gorgeous music and wrapping everything up, it's among the most emotionally fulfilling endings in the medium.

Then there's Mass Effect 2. While the ending itself isn't all that spectacular, the final mission is by far the most tense segment of any video game. Knowing full well that any and all characters - characters that you've come to know and care about - can die takes the stakes of the mission to an unparalleled level of intensity and makes the whole thing feel very dire and desperate.

I agree with Mass Effect 2. The idea that you can die and your companions can easily die (2 of them did on my bad guy character) make the last mission the most unforgettable. I remember taking a fair bit of time to make my decision on who to lead and etc. I don't know any other game that did it. It was so effective that I was worried for the last few missions in Mass Effect 3 when I had to decide who was in my group. "Hmm, I don't know if I want to take him/her because I like her and she might die".

Nephthys
Apparantly Mass Effect 3's ending isn't that good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.