Aegis Steel vs Celestial Host

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Same scenario as The Mighty Thor issue 300, but in this instance we replace the 2000 ft Destroyer, and place Steel with the Aegis armor in it's place.

How does John Henry Irons do?

quanchi112
Celestials stomp.

guy222
celestials

Galan007
A single blast from Reed's universal entropy gun slagged one of the mad Celestials. As it's name implies, the Entropy/Aegis armor can generate entropy rifts.

Just throwing that out there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Celestials, no contest.

guy222
indeed

Cogito
Celestials have been scaled way back since Mighty Thor 300. If it were the Entropy Aegis vs. a group of current Celestials, I would probably be inclined to give it to the Aegis.

But the 4th Host....mmm

Well, Thor did bust Exitar's dome. I think the Aegis could do better than that. It's close erm

guy222
evening friend

how have the celestials been scaled back

tell ole guy222

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
Celestials have been scaled way back since Mighty Thor 300. If it were the Entropy Aegis vs. a group of current Celestials, I would probably be inclined to give it to the Aegis.

But the 4th Host....mmm

Well, Thor did bust Exitar's dome. I think the Aegis could do better than that. It's close erm Taking into account Reed slagging a Celestial with his entropy gun, I'm curious what would happen to the 4th Host if the E/A released an omni-directional entropy blast..?

I'm not necessarily saying it would kill all of them--but I see no reason why it wouldn't destroy a few of them, at least.

Cogito
Back in the day they were awe-inspiring. The Council of Godheads was scared shitless. The 2000ft Destroyer didn't manage to do squat.

Now we've got Celestials that fail to kill characters when they're (supposedly) trying to. We've got Celestials who get wrecked by Sue Storm because of a ridiculous weakness. We've got Galactus easily dispatching a Mad Celestial (before being overwhelmed, albeit) -- and this is the same Galactus, perhaps slightly more amped, that essentially stalemated Odin. We've got a man-made weapon that destroyed the merged form of the Mad Celestials when a godly weapon (the Destroyer) powered by Gods was helpless.

Tell me this: When was the last time a Celestial did anything as impressive as their Mighty Thor #300 showing? erm

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Taking into account Reed slagging a Celestial with his entropy gun, I'm curious what would happen to the 4th Host if the E/A released an omni-directional entropy blast..?

I'm not necessarily saying it would kill all of them--but I see no reason why it wouldn't destroy a few of them, at least.

I would also be curious. I'd also be curious to know whether the Celestials could damage the Aegis, when the Quintessence couldn't scratch it.

carver9
Curiosity, does anyone have fts for the Aegis armor or is this all speculation based off or a title? Does anyone have any scans with pure power from the armor, especially power enough to hang with a Celestial, let alone a skyfather.

guy222
Back in the day they were awe-inspiring. The Council of Godheads was scared shitless. The 2000ft Destroyer didn't manage to do squat.

Now we've got Celestials that fail to kill characters when they're (supposedly) trying to. We've got Celestials who get wrecked by Sue Storm because of a ridiculous weakness. We've got Galactus easily dispatching a Mad Celestial (before being overwhelmed, albeit) -- and this is the same Galactus, perhaps slightly more amped, that essentially stalemated Odin. We've got a man-made weapon that destroyed the merged form of the Mad Celestials when a godly weapon (the Destroyer) powered by Gods was helpless.

Tell me this: When was the last time a Celestial did anything as impressive as their Mighty Thor #300 showing? erm

did u even read gaiman's eternals

those are alternate celestials who put fear in galactus, frankie etc

ur hyping sue and missing the point regarding celestials

read gaiman's and the brothers' eternals smile

Cogito
Originally posted by guy222
did u even read gaiman's eternals

those are alternate celestials who put fear in galactus, frankie etc

ur hyping sue and missing the point regarding celestials

read gaiman's and the brothers' eternals smile

I understand their weakness to hyperspace as it pertains to Sue and all that.

I'm just saying back in the day they didn't have weaknesses. They were just tough as shit. Now Reed pulls guns out of his closet and they're dead.

Seems like something changed to me. sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
There's no denying that the Celesitals aren't portrayed as powerful as they were during their peak (Tbf though, few are.)

Stories like the recent Fantastic Four and Uncanny X-men arc to an extent are indications of that. Ultimately, while I'm not fond of their portrayal, I don't particularly care, however, the Fantastic Four surviving that type of Celestial barrage and recovering so quickly is f*cking embarrassing.

The Gaiman mini was boss though, personally recommend it. It's a shame that the Celestial/Makkari communication was borrowed and bastardized, them being all chatty and shit kind of misses the point from what I remember.

Batman-Prime
I would also be curious. I'd also be curious to know whether the Celestials could damage the Aegis, when the Quintessence couldn't scratch it.

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Curiosity, does anyone have fts for the Aegis armor or is this all speculation based off or a title? Does anyone have any scans with pure power from the armor, especially power enough to hang with a Celestial, let alone a skyfather. Check out the last page of the Imperiex respect thread. I posted most of the E/A's feats there. One of those feats happens to showcase the E/A killing a Doomsday clone via a massive entropic blast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.