Kevin Smith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
I love him as a Director, but I never got my hands on his comic books.

How are his runs?

Galan007
I've only read his run on Green Arrow and his Batman mini: The Widening Gyre.

Both were... Pretty darn good.

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by Galan007
I've only read his run on Green Arrow and his Batman mini: The Widening Gyre.

Both were... Pretty darn good.

Haven't read green arrow but i agree about The Widening Gyre being really good.

You know that was part 2 of a 3 part series?

The first one was called "cacophony" (which i thought was good). Third one hasn't been released yet.
Though you probably already know that lol.

Galan007
I didn't know that, actually. Thx for the info. thumb up

Existere
I think I liked Batman: Cacophony. I think. mmm

Bouboumaster
Does someone has read his run on DareDevil?

TheMagicPillow
I didn't know that, actually. Thx for the info. thumb up

No problem smile

Any of you guys watch kevin smiths "comic book men"?
Pretty good show.
One of the guys on the show (walt flanagan), was the artist who drew kevin smiths' "cacaphony", and "the widening gyre".

Galan007
I watch it every now and then. It blows my mind how much money people are willing to drop on comic books. It makes me glad that I DL most of mine. big grin

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow No problem smile Any of you guys watch kevin smiths "comic book men"? Pretty good show. One of the guys on the show (walt flanagan), was the artist who drew kevin smiths' "cacaphony", and "the widening gyre".

the show is good. as for the books, daredevil was the best. green arrows last arc was good as well. his batman is just ok.

TheMagicPillow
I watch it every now and then. It blows my mind how much money people are willing to drop on comic books. It makes me glad that I DL most of mine. big grin

Its ridiculous! There was a guy who's collection was worth a quarter of a million!
Kinda makes me resent my grandparents for not buying every action comics #1 they could find laughing

roughrider
He's a better comic writer than he is a movie writer/director.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Does someone has read his run on DareDevil?

Guardian Devil is Frank Miller-level. And sets up the initial, dark yet back to form Marvel Knights run before Bendis took it waaaaay dark. Also pretty ballsy to let him kill off two major marvel characters.

The Target would've been great if it ever got passed the first issue. Based on what's been said about it and what's been hinted during Bendis' run. The plot involves Al-Qaeda hiring Bullseye to kill Captain Ameria. Meanwhile Daredevil is near insane with grief after the death of Karen Page and 9/11 and decides to stalk Bullseye, in the process finding out all about his origins and planning to kill him in his sleep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.