Indiana Jones 5???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Will there be one???

queeq
I hope not.

roughrider
Yes...because Spielberg wants to shut up Shia and his 'we missed the target' criticism. And, more money is always fun.
Plus, it's the only role of the past decade-plus where Harrison ford seems awake while acting.

queeq
I hope not.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
Plus, it's the only role of the past decade-plus where Harrison ford seems awake while acting.

laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
smile

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider

He seemed to be awake during Cowboys & Aliens.

Sadako of Girth
Will have to check that out. Thanks Kaz.

Kazenji
There's a director's cut on blu-ray not sure what was added back in.

queeq
A few scenes, not a major change.

Kazenji
The thing i didn't have a clue about that movie was why were they collecting gold.

Sadako of Girth
I watched the 1st half of the movie yesterday...loved it so far, gonna finish it later. Will watch again from close to remind myself of the continuity.

queeq
I'm afraid that was the best part... this could have been a lot better.

Sadako of Girth
Hopefully then they will do a continuation. Cool concept.

queeq
It is, but this movie kinda ends... continuing credibly and originally would take some effort.

Sadako of Girth
Ah.

Kazenji
I've got the graphic novel its based on its different to the movie

its a good read just don't go in expecting something that will change the comic book industry like what Watchmen did.

Sadako of Girth
That was amazing.

Kazenji
So that Battleship movie starts this week

bring on UNO the movie.

Sadako of Girth
That sounds good by all reports.

Will go see it.

queeq
Hmmmm.... I dunno.

Sadako of Girth
Well thought it looked cool from the trailer, anyhow..

Kazenji
It least Bay isn't involved with it that's a plus.

dbonelli80
And, more money is always fun.
Plus, it's the only role of the past decade-plus where Harrison ford seems awake while actinghttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Kazenji
Don't look at me

i'm not with with him.

queeq
Originally posted by Kazenji
It least Bay isn't involved with it that's a plus.

It looks rather Bayish though...

Sadako of Girth
It was.

queeq
Reviews were not that great here.

Kazenji
I enjoyed the movie myself that was good enough for me.

Sadako of Girth
Did you have any preconceptions going in?
I did (From the trailers but avoided all spoilers) and was surprised by the difference in tone. If I'd expected that tone before going in I'd have probably enjoyed it for what it was a little better.

alisonw99
And, more money is always fun.
Plus, it's the only role of the past decade-plus where Harrison ford seems awake while acting.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Kazenji
Feel's like deja vu here...

Sadako of Girth
Feel's like deja vu here...

Kazenji
Better get out of here then, The agents will be here soon...

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

JediRobin23
http://www.theraider.net/news/index_indy5.php

Lucas says hes working on a script

Kazenji
The aliens will be back with a vengeance.

queeq
And so will the fans. wink

roughrider
So communist infiltration and alien invasions were on people's minds in the 1950's - what could Indy in the 1960's explore? Does he start the war in Vietnam by taking something from a temple on Vietnam's North-South border? Does Mutt drag him to Woodstock? Or does he at last find some old Nazis hiding out in Brazil or the French Foreign Legion? big grin

Sadako of Girth
He explores copious amounts of marijuana and LSD?
The 3rd act would be spent by Indy in trying to climb completely inside his Fedora, in which he'd hide and use it as a cocoon for meditation.

the ninjak
Hey Sadako they called the Off Topic Thread in the Comic Vs Section No MA'AM!

Sadako of Girth
Hahahahah Great stuff.
smokin'

Kazenji
Frank Marshall.....'Indiana Jones 5' is unlikely to happen, says producer

queeq
Marshall makes sense. And yeah, Kathleen will be running Lucasfilm now... no more teaming up with Spielberg then?

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Kazenji
Frank Marshall.....'Indiana Jones 5' is unlikely to happen, says producer

If thats the case, they should have not made Indy 4. Last crusade was the ending that Spielberg wanted. Crappy Crystal skull ruined it. Although Indy 5 would probably suck too

queeq
Unless Lucas considers it a Phail as well... but I doubt that.

Kazenji
Read Frank Marshall's wife is taking charge of Lucasfilm in San Francisco.

queeq
Yes, I said that:

Originally posted by queeq
Marshall makes sense. And yeah, Kathleen will be running Lucasfilm now... no more teaming up with Spielberg then?

stick out tongue

Bobby_Fette
Yes, I said that:

stick out tongue
Does this mean George Lucas is no longer making movies?

queeq
Nobody really knows what it means.

Sadako of Girth
Time will tell.

Kazenji
Has there been any new news?

been rather quiet lately.

Sadako of Girth
TOO quiet... shifty

bvfp5l7kgo4

queeq
LOL

Sadako of Girth
Yeah had to rewatch that one a couple of times today... stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
HJmkGYwovIo

queeq
Hilarious. Did they make a bunch of new ones?

Sadako of Girth
Im not sure about specials.. Im catching up on the last few seasons.

queeq
Cooll....

Jim Colyer
Harrison Ford is too old now. There will have to be a young actor in the role of Indiana Jones. It will probably happen. Jones is a great character.

queeq
I say... leave him be.

buytwit
The Walt Disney Company agreed to acquire Lucasfilm, granting Disney ownership rights to the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises. However, although Disney owns the intellectual property, Disney CEO Bob Iger says that Indiana Jones was not initially factored to its equation during the deal, as Paramount Pictures continues to retain certain rights to future film installments of Indiana Jones. However in February of 2013

queeq
Ah yes, Paramount...

Mr Parker
god if there is another Indiana Jones movie I will not go see it no matter what people say.Its no wonder Connery did not come out of retirement to reprise that role,he had enpugh common sense to see it was such a chessy and dumb script.too bad Ford didnt have that common sense. Ford made the same mistake stallone did with the rocky movies.

Instead of wisely leaving it as a trilogy,stallone continued the franchise with the god awful rocky 4 and it got even worse with rocky 5.Ford also should have left it as a trilogy and spared us that god awful Indy 4.If he made another one,i would lose what little respect I have left for Ford which isnt much since he went ahead and did Indy 4. mad

stallone lost all his respect with most rocky fans when he went ahead and did rocky 4 just for the money .Ford seems to be following the same path he went. mad

queeq
Don't forget Rambo IV... wink

Kazenji
What's Ford got to do with continuing the Indiana Jones movie

its more to do with Lucas making that decision.

queeq
Well, the idea was always that Lucas, Ford and Spielberg unanimously had to agree on a sequel. That was sort of the deal between them. If one drops out, the movie doesn't get made. So Lucas does not have the only say about continuing the franchise WITH Ford AND Spielberg. He could reboot the franchise of course with new actors and director.

Mr Parker
Don't forget Rambo IV... wink

well kinda.thats a little different since it was back in the 80's with rocky 4 that he was clearly in it just for the money so that was no surprise with him that he did rocky 4 where Ford always has shown he wasnt doing movie just for the money till Indy 4.Plus all those movies started getting stupid when they started making the movies with the subtile Rambo in them with the first sequal to first blood so a little differenct case there.

btw,if rumors are true,i wouldnt say money since he took on a good role and takled a good movie with 42 recently-one of his best flicks ever i would say and easily his best acting job showing what a versatile actor he is to wit,but it seems like he is really missing doing the star wars films since apparantly if rumors are true,he is going to reprise his role as Han Solo in the planned star wars 7. laughing Remember Lucas always had a plan to make 9 films so looks like its happening.lol.

queeq
And old Han Solo... *shudder*.

That's the same problem as with an old Indy: that's not who we want(ed) to be.

Kazenji
Whats wrong with old Han Solo, i'm okay with that one but not so much with indy now

queeq
What's great about an old Han Solo?

Patient_Leech
What's great about an old Han Solo?

He's apparently gotten wilder in his older age...

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Han+Yolo_d849f0_3988227.jpg

lol

Kazenji
That's how he celebrates after a good game of Sabacc.

queeq
laughing out loud

zeeshanaayan07
I think so

Toby831
What is the first Indiana Jones film out of the series?

queeq
Pardon? Is that a serious question?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.