Deaths Head II vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Stoic
WW Hulk breaks Minion.

guy222
wwh

Digi
WWH

Flyattractor
Minion pulls up the memories and abilities of Henny Youngman starts telling jokes WBH starts to laugh looses his hulk power transforms back to puny banner minion goes blade configuraton and wins.

Game over.

Sheesh people.

use your heads next time.

cdtm
I think it could go either way..

Minon's basically durable enough to take anything Hulk can dish out, given his insane regen factor. And he shrugged off Scotts full power optic blast even easier than WWH did. Considering Hulk's regen, they could fight each other for days and not do any real damage..

And he should be able to carve Hulk up, or even decapitate him. Minion's pretty ruthless, routinely beheading or shooting holes through opponents..

Flyattractor
WWH is the hulk that got the upgrade form Apocalypse isn't it?

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
I think it could go either way..

Minon's basically durable enough to take anything Hulk can dish out, given his insane regen factor. And he shrugged off Scotts full power optic blast even easier than WWH did. Considering Hulk's regen, they could fight each other for days and not do any real damage..

And he should be able to carve Hulk up, or even decapitate him. Minion's pretty ruthless, routinely beheading or shooting holes through opponents..

The Hulk that Minion beat, but needed some help to beat, was not on level with WWH. He's not indestructible, he doesn't heal from everything. He'd get some shots in, put up a good fight, then lose.

Originally posted by Flyattractor

No. And lime text is mildly annoying.

cdtm

That's War.

World War Hulk is the angry Hulk who came back to Earth after Planet Hulk got destroyed. His strength and regen factor are probably only second to Worldbreaker Hulk, but still not beyond Death Head II's ability to fight imo, given Juggernaut managed to hold his own, as did some other characters... Herc flash KOed him too.

Hulk might, MIGHT be stronger, but I doubt he has a better regen, and DHII's strength disadvantage is made up for by the fact he can slice and dice him at will, as well as shoot him with lasers more than powerful enough to shoot directly through him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
The Hulk that Minion beat, but needed some help to beat, was not on level with WWH. He's not indestructible, he doesn't heal from everything.

But it takes a lot of damage to beat him.

And supposedly weaker "Hulks" have beaten down teams before. Weaker Hulks have held their own with Warrior Madness Thor.

On a good day, Hulk pretty much obliterates just about anyone in h2h, but on average, imo Deaths Head has the feats and the power to do about as well against Hulk as any character. And WWH had enough problems with enough characters that I don't think Minion would fare any worse..

But really, the bottom line for me is the fact Minion didn't try and outright decap Hulk, as he was capable of doing. Hulks piercing ability is pretty poor, yet no one ever tries taking off limbs and such. And a class 100 character who can form any kind of stabbing weapon he needs certainly could lop off limbs and eventually take the head...

It's why I put Pitt over Hulk in most cases, because of those claws backed by his strength, and durability good enough to stay in the game long enough to carve him up.

Flyattractor
That's War.

World War Hulk is the angry Hulk who came back to Earth after Planet Hulk got destroyed. His strength and regen factor are probably only second to Worldbreaker Hulk, but still not beyond Death Head II's ability to fight imo, given Juggernaut managed to hold his own, as did some other characters... Herc flash KOed him too.

Hulk might, MIGHT be stronger, but I doubt he has a better regen, and DHII's strength disadvantage is made up for by the fact he can slice and dice him at will, as well as shoot him with lasers more than powerful enough to shoot directly through him.
10-Q I can't keep up with all this WHulk nonscence any more...

and i do recall DH2 fighting a mind controlled hulk while in space before..but it was typical comic book hero fight baloney.

Existere
No. And lime text is mildly annoying. Snap.

iceman24567

And lime text is mildly queer. thumb up

Stoic
That's War.

Have you read Battletide? If not you should check it out. WW Hulk wins this.

Flyattractor
The Hulk that Minion beat, but needed some help to beat, was not on level with WWH. He's not indestructible, he doesn't heal from everything. He'd get some shots in, put up a good fight, then lose.

No. And lime text is mildly annoying.
Go eat enought cookies to slip into a diabetic coma. evil face

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Existere
Snap.
Like your momma's bra.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up
So this is where the poor herochatters wound up. sick

Existere
While we're on the topic, you should also know that with the bolded red text, your sig looks like it says that you founded AIDS.

Parmaniac
While we're on the topic, you should also know that with the bolded red text, your sig looks like it says that you founded AIDS. Actually I've always read A.I.D.S. only after you pointed out that it's actually soething else I took a closer look.

Flyattractor
While we're on the topic, you should also know that with the bolded red text, your sig looks like it says that you founded AIDS. I can't help it if you need glasses.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Have you read Battletide? If not you should check it out. WW Hulk wins this.

Did he survive someone taking his head off, or something? sad

Existere
I can't help it if you need glasses. Fair enough. I have eye problems, you started a deadly, worldwide immunodeficiency pandemic.

Nobody's perfect.

Stoic

He/it survived but it was dismantled, and was incapable of self repair. Like Digi said, Minion is impressive, but he's barely touching the Herald tier. Against the big boys he would do well but the end result, would leave him with the big L.

carver9

Hulk snatched his own head off and was still walking around in a rage. Then we have this scene from a weakened Hulk.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9343/9fb40a5e0ega.th.jpghttp://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2797/49abcb831bga.th.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9193/5663fe29f3ga.th.jpg

By the way, being cut by Adamantium is completely different than being cut by any other object since Wolverine claws has been described as being capable of slicing to the molecular levels...capable of slicing atoms in half. What's the most durable object DH has cut because Wolverine was struggling to pierce WWH hide.

Parmaniac
That's from Hulk - The End, not canon. Nice story though.

carver9
Na.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That's from Hulk - The End, not canon. Nice story though.

I thought that was Canon.? If not, oh well.

-K-M-
haha oh Carver you are horrible with scans. As Parmaniac just said, not 616 Hulk and not canon.

cdtm
Carver:

Nah, only Thanos: The End might be canon.

But yeah, a nice story.

carver9
Originally posted by -K-M-
haha oh Carver you are horrible with scans. As Parmaniac just said, not 616 Hulk and not canon.

I don't mind being corrected. I thought it was Canon. Thanks for the correction.

cdtm
He/it survived but it was dismantled, and was incapable of self repair. Like Digi said, Minion is impressive, but he's barely touching the Herald tier. Against the big boys he would do well but the end result, would leave him with the big L.

Battletide was in two runs, right? Was this the first of the second run?

And wasn't he afflicted with a techno virus, inhibiting his systems?

cdtm

The fight in question:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_14-15.jpg

Personally, I think this is an impressive showing, measured against fights like Thor/Hulk, Herc/Hulk, and Thing/Hulk. I think it's safe to say Killpower had very little impact on this fight, given his blows weren't even slowing Hulk down, while DH was able to stagger him with chains of punches.

And characters that have held their own against Hulk in the past like Herc, Thing, and Juggernaut also had decent showings against the more powerful WWH. No reason to believe Deaths Head 2 wouldn't as well.

carver9
Thing, Ares, She Hulk...these people are stronger than DH and they couldn't even budge WWH. The only reason DH did as well as he did against Professor Hulk was due to sneak attacks...minus that, he would have gotten stomped like he did the first time. WWH stomps this.

Stoic
The fight in question:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Battle_Tide_II_02_14-15.jpg

Personally, I think this is an impressive showing, measured against fights like Thor/Hulk, Herc/Hulk, and Thing/Hulk. I think it's safe to say Killpower had very little impact on this fight, given his blows weren't even slowing Hulk down, while DH was able to stagger him with chains of punches.

And characters that have held their own against Hulk in the past like Herc, Thing, and Juggernaut also had decent showings against the more powerful WWH. No reason to believe Deaths Head 2 wouldn't as well.

That was also Merged Hulk, who was very weak in comparison to WW Hulk. Wonder Man gave Merged Hulk a hell of a fight, and look what happened to him during WW Hulk. WW Hulk at his strongest was shaking the entire Eastern Seaboard with foot falls. This isn't really going to end well for Minion, and he was incapable of KO'ing Merged Hulk in the scans that you provided. Don't get me wrong Minion is a very good character, and I really liked his run, but he would be beaten quite handily be WW Hulk.

carver9
Question. Is DH as strong as Ares, She Hulk, Thing, Herc? What's his best strength ft...doesnt have to be lifting.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Question. Is DH as strong as Ares, She Hulk, Thing, Herc? What's his best strength ft...doesnt have to be lifting.

He's easily above the Thing, and nearly killed him with ease in their first meeting. It's like Digi said, Minion is a class 100 but he would be below Hercules.

carver9
He's easily above the Thing, and nearly killed him with ease in their first meeting. It's like Digi said, Minion is a class 100 but he would be below Hercules.

Gotcha...with that said, that's not good enough...at all. What about his claws...who is the most durable being he has cut through or substance? Is his claws anything like Logans?

Digi
But it takes a lot of damage to beat him.

And supposedly weaker "Hulks" have beaten down teams before. Weaker Hulks have held their own with Warrior Madness Thor.

On a good day, Hulk pretty much obliterates just about anyone in h2h, but on average, imo Deaths Head has the feats and the power to do about as well against Hulk as any character. And WWH had enough problems with enough characters that I don't think Minion would fare any worse..

But really, the bottom line for me is the fact Minion didn't try and outright decap Hulk, as he was capable of doing. Hulks piercing ability is pretty poor, yet no one ever tries taking off limbs and such. And a class 100 character who can form any kind of stabbing weapon he needs certainly could lop off limbs and eventually take the head...

It's why I put Pitt over Hulk in most cases, because of those claws backed by his strength, and durability good enough to stay in the game long enough to carve him up.

WWH. The one that went toe to toe with Sentry and went through a cavalcade of heroes relatively easily, yeah?

No one said it wouldn't be a good fight. But you're just talking another level of power. DHII is roughly Thing level in strength, he'd get tossed around and liquified with Hulk's better punches.

And in answer to the comparisons above, he's >> Thing because of his full power set, but similar in strength. He overpowered Thing once (though not easily) so we know he's around that level.

That was also Merged Hulk, who was very weak in comparison to WW Hulk. Wonder Man gave Merged Hulk a hell of a fight, and look what happened to him during WW Hulk. WW Hulk at his strongest was shaking the entire Eastern Seaboard with foot falls. This isn't really going to end well for Minion, and he was incapable of KO'ing Merged Hulk in the scans that you provided. Don't get me wrong Minion is a very good character, and I really liked his run, but he would be beaten quite handily be WW Hulk.

This.

Digi
Gotcha...with that said, that's not good enough...at all. What about his claws...who is the most durable being he has cut through or substance? Is his claws anything like Logans?

An alternate universe Logan actually broke his claws on Minion. It was implied that it wasn't primary adamantium, and we also saw 616 Wolverine cut off Minion's arm (only to be reformed instantly).

His hand also morphs into a liquid-like substance to change form. It's not always at its hardest state. So the best we can say is that, the piercing ability of his blade is somewhere in the neighborhood of secondary adamantium.

his healing is also excellent. Like, reforming limbs in seconds. If he's blown apart or torn apart sufficiently, though, the healing doesn't happen. I think he's also been KO'd but I forget for sure. His strength is roughly Thing-level or slightly higher.

carver9
An alternate universe Logan actually broke his claws on Minion. It was implied that it wasn't primary adamantium, and we also saw 616 Wolverine cut off Minion's arm (only to be reformed instantly).

His hand also morphs into a liquid-like substance to change form. It's not always at its hardest state. So the best we can say is that, the piercing ability of his blade is somewhere in the neighborhood of secondary adamantium.

his healing is also excellent. Like, reforming limbs in seconds. If he's blown apart or torn apart sufficiently, though, the healing doesn't happen. I think he's also been KO'd but I forget for sure. His strength is roughly Thing-level or slightly higher.

He seems pretty powerful. I remember him taking on the XMen but did he ever defeat a top tier before?

cdtm
He seems pretty powerful. I remember him taking on the XMen but did he ever defeat a top tier before?

I think Hulks pretty much it.

He pretty much did his own thing, and crossovers were rare and almost always involved Wolverine in some way along with other Xmen..

Ironically, Deaths Head beating up Hulk is contrasted with Wolverine beating up Deaths Head.

Like, literally beating him down, not just cutting him with his claws. Wolverine even asks how he is later, and he's like "Surviving.. Just". "No thanks to me."

Digi

He beat some powerful characters, but no one well-known. He mostly existed in his own bubble of the Marvel universe, with only a few notable crossovers.

cdtm
He beat some powerful characters, but no one well-known. He mostly existed in his own bubble of the Marvel universe, with only a few notable crossovers.

Yep.

UK being self contained from US mainstream seemed like a common thing for UK stories. Simon Furmans UK Transformers run was mostly filled up with 2006 characters and followed their own storylines, making limited use of the G1 line that US stories focused on...

leonidas
wwh beats him every time.

Horrificus
WWH. The one that went toe to toe with Sentry and went through a cavalcade of heroes relatively easily, yeah?

No one said it wouldn't be a good fight. But you're just talking another level of power. DHII is roughly Thing level in strength, he'd get tossed around and liquified with Hulk's better punches.

And in answer to the comparisons above, he's >> Thing because of his full power set, but similar in strength. He overpowered Thing once (though not easily) so we know he's around that level.

This. We seem to have opened a "Pandora's Box". wink

Death's Head and Minion threads all over the place.

Digi
Originally posted by Horrificus
We seem to have opened a "Pandora's Box". wink

Death's Head and Minion threads all over the place.

Who's we? I haven't made a single damn thread.

cdtm

He did get the upper hand on Thing, though.

Gave him a bloody nose in one punch, and Thing told Reed this was going to be a harder fight than he thought. Than told the others to run while he holds him off.

Which means something, coming from Hulks favorite sparring partner.

Horrificus
Who's we? I haven't made a single damn thread. I'm talking about when we discussed Minion and my 2006 thread last week.

Just seemed like Minion threads popped up all over in the last week.

Which is cool. I like when the forgotten characters get some attention.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm talking about when we discussed Minion and my 2006 thread last week.

Just seemed like Minion threads popped up all over in the last week.

Which is cool. I like when the forgotten characters get some attention.

I'm going to make a thread. no expression

Flyattractor
Who's we? I haven't made a single damn thread.
Put doen the cookies sometime and give it a try . you might have some fun. Happy Dance

Digi
Put doen the cookies sometime and give it a try . you might have some fun. Happy Dance

Making threads would imply that I care about who actually wins these threads. I get sucked into the vs. forum as an offshoot of my modding, they're a fun diversion. But I haven't had a vested interest in them for years.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I'm going to make a thread. no expression Cool. You know what would be a good topic?

How about Death's Head II vs World War Hulk? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.