Asgard vs GL Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Asgard has: Odin, Bor, Thor, Hela, the Enchantress, BRB, Loki, Thor Girl, Warriors 3, Valkyries, and all standard Asgardians.

They also have access to all artifacts, i.e. Destroyer Armor, Twilight Sword, Odinsword, Norn Stones, etc.

The GL corps has Sodam Yat Ion, plus all GLs, AND the Guardians (only one earth GL though: Hal Jordan)

Scenario:

The GL Corps are attacking Asgard. Odin knows they are coming 3 days in advance.

Who wins?

Sin I AM
gl corps

Newjak
You gave them all the Asgardian Artifacts?

I'm thinking the GLs are in for some problems

nimbus006
I'm thinking Asgard as well. Too many combatants to tell for sure.

Parmaniac
This thread is basically Odin + Bor vs. Guardians.

iceman24567
The Gl corps gets crushed

keiththegreat
I've gotta think though, if it was just Odin, vs Sodam Yat Ion, and 7,200 GLs, I'm not sure he could beat that many GLs at once. That's a damn lot of Heralds.

Dream Stuff
Asgard. Odin will be one-shotting GLs like it's a game. Hela, the Enchantress and Loki have 3 days to strategize and build magic defenses. AND they get Destroyer?

To be fair, I don't remember how powerful Sodam Yat Ion actually is, but unless it's really excessive over-owering, Asgard stomps.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I've gotta think though, if it was just Odin, vs Sodam Yat Ion, and 7,200 GLs, I'm not sure he could beat that many GLs at once. That's a damn lot of Heralds. It would be like you fighting 1 bird and 7200 flies while having a flamethrower.

Prep-Man
Does the corps get Ion?

Cogito
The Guardians are a real wild card here. They've been reduced so low these days they're basically useless for fighting, but they can still suicide BFR.

I'd give this to the Corps. There's just too many Lanterns, all of whom are way more powerful than random Asgardians. Odin pimped out with all those artifacts is a beast, but 7,200 Lanterns can do a lot of damage.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Does the corps get Ion? Yes but onyl Sodam Yat

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Cogito
The Guardians are a real wild card here. They've been reduced so low these days they're basically useless for fighting, but they can still suicide BFR.

I'd give this to the Corps. There's just too many Lanterns, all of whom are way more powerful than random Asgardians. Odin pimped out with all those artifacts is a beast, but 7,200 Lanterns can do a lot of damage.

Odin
Bor
Destroyer Armor
Hela - a death god

The Guardians would need to bring their A game to take down this group. Asgard's soldiers doesn't look like much but your random GL is a hand ninja half the time. If the Casket of Ancient Winters is one of the artifacts, 7200 frozen GL's is all that's left when Loki is done with them. Then you have that spiffy armor that Thor had during Fear Itself and the Odinsword.

Asgard edges out here.

Cogito
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The Guardians would need to bring their suicide game thumb up

Batman-Prime
GLs

Blair Wind
7,200+ Green Lanterns?

That's a lot for anyone to handle. If the Guardians got smart and just internalized the rings into the Green Lanterns (as they once did with John - who gained Guardian like abilities), it would be even easier.

gogogadgetgo
GL corps is a joke

its like saying 7,200 ants vs an anteater

Odin would solo all of those jokers while Thor plays wack the mole with the little green shrimps

cdtm
Destroyer + Bor + Odin = stomp for Asgard right there.

The entire GL corps can possibly take on a single skyfather, and the Guardians can probably hold their own with another one, but they can't take three of them, on top of Loki, Thor, and all of Asgards artifacts, blood colossus's...

cdtm
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
GL corps is a joke

its like saying 7,200 ants vs an anteater

Odin would solo all of those jokers while Thor plays wack the mole with the little green shrimps

Krona, Anti Monitor, and mad god sector 3600 are just some examples of how powerful multiple members of the Gl Corp can be.

Willpower stacks. Guy Gardner's comic established that even a Sinestro and GL user combining their wills together become exponentially more powerful than individually.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Parmaniac
It would be like you fighting 1 bird and 7200 flies while having a flamethrower.

More like a bird and 7,200 bees. While while, no GL is going effect Odin, 7,200 of them? That's a hell of a lot. Plus, most Asgardians just aren't that tough at all. It's too bad we don't know how many Asgardians there are total for this fight. But also, I don't think Asgard would know about Yat's lead weakness, so with him, and the Guardians, and the numbers....I might give this to the GL corps, although it would be a hell of a fight. I'd pay a lot of money to see this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.