Odin vs the Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Pr-Conditions:

1) Odin has no weapons.

2) The Flash starts the fight ALREADY moving at his top speed.

3) Odin can't use any energy blasts, omni-directional blasts, etc.

4) Odin can't stop time.

Basically, I want the fight to boil down to this: Can Odin amp his speed enough to hit the Flash once while the Flash tries to hit Odin with as many IMP's as he can? Is it even possible for the Flash to deliver enough force in any number of IMP's to KO Odin? What do you guys think?

Batman-Prime
opportunist
sneaky2

Stoic
^ haha

Nietzschean
I refuse to believe super speed punches from a guy with athletic level strength could possibly hurt a high end brick let alone Odin. punch
An Imp punch is a different matter.

KingD19
Odin is still a God. If he can't amp his speed, he can certainly amp his durability.

Badabing
It's gonna take more than a herald level speedster to take Odin down.

Dream Stuff
Unsurprisingly, Odin doesn't have any speed feats that I know about. The question is always irrelevant.

For what it's worth, I'd wager that Flash could IMP until he dies of dehydration before he gives Odin so much as a black eye.

Badabing
Odin has limited "omniscience". Yeah, it's a contradiction but I don't have a better word. Anyway, that would be enough to counter Flash's speed, imo.

Nietzschean
the concept of Odin having limited Omniscience is pretty funny in its contradiction.
but, It's b/c he is suppose to be all knowing within the realm of asgard which he used to display from time to time but it seems to be on the blip when it involved Loki and those who plotted against him.

He is just very knowledgeable and able to sense crap that involves him.

you know what other Asgardian is suppose to be omniscient? Heimdal.

guy222
odin wins

geez

Doon
Funny thread.. Odin wins of course

Slaanesh
Odin is among the most powerful skyfather..Flash doesn't have enough force to KO him..

Existere
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=548253

Batman-Prime
Flash rapes Odin butt withing one picosecond. After Odin notices that his Ass is bleeding and what Flash did to him, he decides to kill himself, not longer bearing this humiliation.

Flash wins smile.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Unsurprisingly, Odin doesn't have any speed feats that I know about. The question is always irrelevant.

For what it's worth, I'd wager that Flash could IMP until he dies of dehydration before he gives Odin so much as a black eye.

Actually, he kinda does.

He battled one of the Enchanters across the universe, the two of them streaking past stars and distant planets.

Placidity
Originally posted by Nietzschean
I refuse to believe super speed punches from a guy with athletic level strength could possibly hurt a high end brick let alone Odin. punch
An Imp punch is a different matter.

The force of a strike:

F=ma

Strength is irrelevant to the force of Flash's blows.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Placidity
The force of a strike:

F=ma

Strength is irrelevant to the force of Flash's blows.

I was gonna say the same thing.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Actually, he kinda does.

He battled one of the Enchanters across the universe, the two of them streaking past stars and distant planets. That's not a speed feat. A human can fly a spaceship past stars and distant planets with ease.

h1a8
Flash wins with ease.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
That's not a speed feat. A human can fly a spaceship past stars and distant planets with ease.

That would be relevant if Odin wasn't flying across the universe under his own power while simultaneously fighting Forsung and was instead piloting a ship.

KingD19
Yeah, h1a8. He was fighting one of the most powerful beings in the universe while moving so past that he was "streaking" past stars and distant planets. That's millions of lightyears in a very short amount of time.

Silent Master
Flash wins with ease.

Just like he'd own 300 Supermen, right?

Bouboumaster
Odin just makes Flash disappear. The end.

Also, what a spite thread.

Doon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Seriously. It's like some people on this board have no clue who Odin is or what he can do. lol

Odin is Daddy!

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/Thor/Odin_Annihilus.jpg

Sabro
Flash wins

a job as a messenger boy

Uriel005
Starting at top speed... theoretical infinite... = theoretically infinite power behind his blows... So if this is Barry the guy who with every step he takes expands his powers by increasing the speedforce is starting at his hypothetical top speed of infinity which mind you is constantly growing, how does he not win if all he has to do is accelerate enough that any blow that makes contact with Odin instantly obliterates him considering the stips of the fight I don't see how Odin could tag him if Flash starts at top speed with no omni blasts/time manips which wouldn't help considering Flash is already able to run through time without any real limitation beyond his own... I mean the man did split a timeline into 3 pieces on pure speed.

Batman-Prime
Didn't Flash restart the DC U completely with his incredible speed? Without him we wouldn't have the DCnU... that's an abstract feat. Even the living Tribunal isn't capable of restarting DC!

vin

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

You kind of missed the point of OP.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Just like he'd own 300 Supermen, right?

In a forum fight Flash wins with ease. I take that back, I forgot about character. Prehaps Odins wins this after all. But Cisless Flash wins though.

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, h1a8. He was fighting one of the most powerful beings in the universe while moving so past that he was "streaking" past stars and distant planets. That's millions of lightyears in a very short amount of time.

That's irrelevant to battle speed. In comics, I can have a human character fly a ship just as fast. It doesn't mean they can move there limbs ftl now does it?

Silent Master
In a forum fight Flash wins with ease. I take that back, I forgot about character. Prehaps Odins wins this after all. But Cisless Flash wins though.

No, he doesn't.

Nietzschean

That's irrelevant to battle speed. In comics, I can have a human character fly a ship just as fast. It doesn't mean they can move there limbs ftl now does it? u know the rules u are making for other humans apply to the flash too?

once he is moving at ftl speed his reaction time is comparable to his time frame. he cannot punch ftl on another opponent who is moving at a comparable speed. his punches become human lvl reaction more or less when being viewed by someone moving at the same speed as himself.

Odin flying at ftl speed is not the same as piloting a ship and definitely not a car.
u might as well say a car and a slug are the same. u know a star ship requires immense computing power to navigate at ftl speed and make course corrections.

Odin doesnt have a computer doing the piloting for him, he has to use his own brain and reaction time to course correct on the fly. wink

Don Corleone
Odin. I refuse to put these two in the same sentence.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Odin. I refuse to put these two in the same sentence.

yes

h1a8
Originally posted by Nietzschean
u know the rules u are making for other humans apply to the flash too?

once he is moving at ftl speed his reaction time is comparable to his time frame. he cannot punch ftl on another opponent who is moving at a comparable speed. his punches become human lvl reaction more or less when being viewed by someone moving at the same speed as himself.

Odin flying at ftl speed is not the same as piloting a ship and definitely not a car.
u might as well say a car and a slug are the same. u know a star ship requires immense computing power to navigate at ftl speed and make course corrections.

Odin doesnt have a computer doing the piloting for him, he has to use his own brain and reaction time to course correct on the fly. wink LOl no. It's all about acceleration. I can accelerate to any speed I like but how long would it take me? Reaching ftl speeds within galactic distances is very slow. But reaching such speeds within battle distance is very fast.

Space is huge. If you were going at the speed of light towards the sun then you would only need 8 minute reaction times to avoid the sun. Rainman has faster reflexes than that.

No, he doesn't.

Of course he does. Just hits him with a couple of you know what type of punches and Odin is dead. But in this thread Odin wins.

Silent Master
Of course he does. Just hits him with a couple of you know what type of punches and Odin is dead. But in this thread Odin wins.

No, he doesn't. Flash doesn't have the damage output needed.

zeel
Odin picks his nose and pulls out flash.

what can ya say odin is on another level i dont care how fast flash is. FLash has no chance.

Doon
Originally posted by zeel
Odin picks his nose and pulls out flash.

what can ya say odin is on another level i dont care how fast flash is. FLash has no chance.

Exactly. It's like comparing Hermes to Zeus.

h1a8
No, he doesn't. Flash doesn't have the damage output needed.

With the IMP he does. He can use relativity to punch with any force he likes (CIS off that is).

Silent Master
With the IMP he does. He can use relativity to punch with any force he likes (CIS off that is).

We have seen the damage it does, Odin has withstood far worse attacks.

Uriel005
We have seen the damage it does, Odin has withstood far worse attacks. The math says it gets stronger the faster flash moves... Barry can accelerate indefinitely... If Flash really wants to and loses himself to the speedforce he will accelerate infinitely. In theory as long as he's moving fast enough and the opponent is physical there, there is nothing he cannot one shot. He's got a power that grows in direct proportion to how much he runs... the more he uses it the more it grows. F=MA so yeah... put infinity into the equation and its just a matter of buildup.

Silent Master
Where in the comics is that shown?

jalek moye
That's not a speed feat. A human can fly a spaceship past stars and distant planets with ease.

I guess all the times that Flash runs uber fast and beyond the speed of light don 't count because Reed richards can make a ship that does it to.

h1a8
Originally posted by jalek moye
I guess all the times that Flash runs uber fast and beyond the speed of light don 't count because Reed richards can make a ship that does it to.

Odin achieved light speed and beyond not before battle distance but after traveling a large distance in space. Flash can achieve lightspeed within battle distance. It's all about acceleration, not top speed.

h1a8
We have seen the damage it does, Odin has withstood far worse attacks. You haven't seen the damage because flash was always in character. CIS off is something not always shown in a comic. Flash doesn't kill and you won't see it.
The fact that D.C. explicitly explained how the IMP works and the fact that Flash can use it shows that Flash can one shot Odin if CIS was off.

Endless Mike
Odin can still teleport himself to another dimension and then blow up the galaxy

deathlife
You haven't seen the damage because flash was always in character. CIS off is something not always shown in a comic. Flash doesn't kill and you won't see it.
The fact that D.C. explicitly explained how the IMP works and the fact that Flash can use it shows that Flash can one shot Odin if CIS was off.

What's the IMPs best feat?

Stunner2xx
What the odin fans fail to realize is mathematically, flashes punches will do much more than give odin a black eye. the madder hulk gets the stronger he gets, well flash is similar in this case. the faster flash gets the harder this punches get. Theoretically, since flash can accelerate indefinitely, so does his damage output
force = mass * acceleration or
force = mass *(delta velocity / time)

if you plug in some numbers you will see that odins doesnt win as easily as you think.

Silent Master
You haven't seen the damage because flash was always in character. CIS off is something not always shown in a comic. Flash doesn't kill and you won't see it.

We have seen the damage Flash is capable of generating and the damage Odin is capable of tanking.....the damage Odin is capable of tanking is far higher.

lilshogun
Odin uses Asgardian magic plain and simple.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Odin can still teleport himself to another dimension and then blow up the galaxy

Normally I'd agree with this but op states Flash is already moving at top speed so now even this is a question mark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.