Superman vs The Plutonian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tILcf_dys2g/S8OfSE8tT6I/AAAAAAAAAfY/yEISYXwOopw/s400/superman_1.jpg

http://www.boom-studios.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/290x435/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/I/r/Irredeemable_22_cvrC2.jpg

I searched. And I could not find this in KMC surprisingly.

This is Flashpoint and Prior. Superman is not holding back at all. At. All.

Q99
Superman.

As has kinda come up, Plutonian doesn't know how to fight. Oh, he's absurdly powerful, but he struggles hard against a skilled foe even close to his might. He really relies on his power. Granted, against most foes he'll come out on top anyway due to said power, but not this one.

godking
Originally posted by CosmicComet
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tILcf_dys2g/S8OfSE8tT6I/AAAAAAAAAfY/yEISYXwOopw/s400/superman_1.jpg

http://www.boom-studios.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/290x435/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/I/r/Irredeemable_22_cvrC2.jpg

I searched. And I could not find this in KMC surprisingly.

This is Flashpoint and Prior. Superman is not holding back at all. At. All. Superman and fairly easy.

As boring as the personality of the blue boyscout is at times he actuallly can fight and has won fights when his raw power was not enough.

The plutonian has not the the mental fortitude and guts to win when raw power is not enough.

Put the the Plutonian up against DOS Doomsday and he would litterally crap his pant and beg for his life.

gogogadgetgo
Superman
S u p e r m a n

Plutonian
P l u t o n i a n

they both sound gay = draw in gayness

Galan007
Plutonian.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Superman
S u p e r m a n

Plutonian
P l u t o n i a n

they both sound gay = draw in gayness

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1411602_o.gif

Horrificus
Plutonian for the win.
Recent revelations of Tony's powers place him a few rungs farther up the ladder than Superman.
Plutonian is not another "Superman". As I have stated in other threads, he is more like a "Peak Molecule Man" that uses his powers to fight physically. A la "Zeus against Hulk".

Plutonian's powers keep stacking up.

CosmicComet
I know his powers are pretty much psionic based, giving himself superman-esque powers, which implies a great deal.

But tbh his actual feats themselves don't seem like anything Superman can't replicate.

Again, this is not an average Superman in this thread. This is Superman pulling out all the stops.

And we know how insane Superman's high end feats can be.

"Id"
Plutonian.

Q99
Originally posted by Horrificus
Plutonian for the win.
Recent revelations of Tony's powers place him a few rungs farther up the ladder than Superman.
Plutonian is not another "Superman". As I have stated in other threads, he is more like a "Peak Molecule Man" that uses his powers to fight physically. A la "Zeus against Hulk".

Plutonian's powers keep stacking up.

We've seen him get beaten before, though.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by CosmicComet
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1411602_o.gif

LOL, HMmm i really need to discover who this plutonian guy is.

deathlife
Plutonian.

When he's been defeated, it's been by people that understand exactly how his powers work (apart from Max Damage that is).

"Id"
Originally posted by Lord Feron
LOL, HMmm i really need to discover who this plutonian guy is.

http://www.comicvine.com/plutonian/29-60993/

Working on it. When its finished, I will bring the finish product here.
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=751226

Horrificus
Not to take anything from Id, I just threw together some info.

Here is a quick list of Plutonian's Powers and Abilities:

- Matter Manipulation
- Weaponized use of Quantum Entanglement
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities
- Ability to Nullify Fundamental Forces of Nature
- Seeing through Objects- Subconsciously, can mentally alter the atomic structure of objects, allowing him to see by viewing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that only he can perceive.
- Durability- Subconsciously, mentally controls the density of his own skin and muscle.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage. Does the same to objects he is lifting, so enormous objects do not collapse under their own weight.
- Intangibility- Can alter his own density to allow mass to pass through him.

Most of the following quotations concern actions that the Plutonian does Subconsciously.-

- Qubit- "Operates outside the realm of known physics."
- Qubit- "Can redefine reality."
- Qubit- "able to alter quantum mechanics with his brain."
- Modeus- "Changing probability"
- Modeus- "Reversing entropy"
- Modeus- "seeing through time"
- Modeus- Eye Beams "Transfer Kinetic Energy to the air molecules, turning it into superheated gas"
- Modeus- Arctic Breath "can withdraw molecular motion from the air"
- Modeus- Flight "flies by shifting his mass through the atmosphere, telekinetically squeezing through it like soap through a fist"

And, as they have stated in a bunch of different ways, this is just the beginning of Tony's "awakening", learning about the use of his powers.

Concerning Plutonian's powers, Modeus states that all of this is - "just if he moves from Kindergarten to Grade School."

As you can see by the post above, Id is creating an excellent respect thread where you can see examples of the Plutonian's feats and abilities.

I'm sure there might be other statements, feats and narratives describing the powers of the Plutonian. I thought this might be a good start.

Prep-Man
Plutonian.

Juntai
a lot of that is just scientific ways to describe the typical Superman type powerset though.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Juntai
a lot of that is just scientific ways to describe the typical Superman type powerset though. OK, I removed certain powers that I thought might be similar to Superman's.
I kept the things that seemed to be unique to the Plutonian.

As far as I know, and I may be wrong, Superman does not have the powers and abilities I have listed below:

- Matter Manipulation
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities
- Durability- Subconsciously, mentally controls the density of his own skin and muscle.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage. Does the same to objects he is lifting, so enormous objects do not collapse under their own weight.

And, one final ability that I neglected to list before:
Plutonian is now forcing his own evolution.

Prep-Man
I think this is a job for Pre-CRISIS Superman!

Stunner2xx
superman beats this wannabe

JakeTheBank
High end/no holding back Superman?

He wins, imo.

Juntai
OK, I removed certain powers that I thought might be similar to Superman's.
I kept the things that seemed to be unique to the Plutonian.

As far as I know, and I may be wrong, Superman does not have the powers and abilities I have listed below:

- Matter Manipulation
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities

And, one final ability that I neglected to list before:
Plutonian is now forcing his own evolution. Once again nearly all of these have been applied as scientific explanations to what Superman does as well, both in comics, and in discussions on the idea that Superman isn't the toughest brick in the Universe, but it's greatest telepath just using his powers how he understands them.

For example, he does things that just aren't possible with his powerset at its basic idea. He can look across the solar system, and across the universe, and see things happening in real time. Much faster than light travel and hit the retina. He can hear people scream, or Jimmy's watch go off, or Lois' heartbeat, while in deep space where sound doesn't travel.

The Linear Men suggested to a council that Superman's existence and his thoughts and deeds change the courses of time itself.

One only needs to look at Superboy to see how telekenisis is involved in his character set, or alternatively, one of the Supermen alternates from Countdown, where density, flight, etc, are all products of psionic ability.

Post Crisis Superman mentally holds structures together as he lifts them to, as was described early on in the Man of Steel run under Byrne.

etc
etc
etc

Horrificus
Once again nearly all of these have been applied as scientific explanations to what Superman does as well, both in comics, and in discussions on the idea that Superman isn't the toughest brick in the Universe, but it's greatest telepath just using his powers how he understands them.

For example, he does things that just aren't possible with his powerset at its basic idea. He can look across the solar system, and across the universe, and see things happening in real time. Much faster than light travel and hit the retina. He can hear people scream, or Jimmy's watch go off, or Lois' heartbeat, while in deep space where sound doesn't travel.

The Linear Men suggested to a council that Superman's existence and his thoughts and deeds change the courses of time itself.

One only needs to look at Superboy to see how telekenisis is involved in his character set, or alternatively, one of the Supermen alternates from Countdown, where density, flight, etc, are all products of psionic ability.

Post Crisis Superman mentally holds structures together as he lifts them to, as was described early on in the Man of Steel run under Byrne.
But, the problem is that Plutonian's powers have actually been defined. Superman's haven't. It's still a lot of guess-work.

And, I understand what you are talking about with Superman, but Plutonian still has powers that Superman doesn't.

With respect to your post, I removed certain powers that may be similar to Superman's. But, I left the powers that Plutonian has, but Superman does not.

- Matter Manipulation
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities - mind reading, memory reading, seeing a person's past, effecting a person's mind.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage.

Juntai
But, the problem is that Plutonian's powers have actually been defined. Superman's haven't. It's still a lot of guess-work.

And, I understand what you are talking about with Superman, but Plutonian still has powers that Superman doesn't.

With respect to your post, I removed certain powers that may be similar to Superman's. But, I left the powers that Plutonian has, but Superman does not.

- Matter Manipulation
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities - mind reading, memory reading, seeing a person's past, effecting a person's mind.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage.

- Modeus- "seeing through time" These are still in what many believe is Superman's powerset though, when explained scientifically.

I understand you're suggesting he's in control of these powers- and I'm currently reading the issues to get a better idea of where he stands against Clark.

People have been debating for many many years that Superman's powerset isn't actually lazers and muscle through photosynthesis, but that he's actually arguably the universes mightiest telepath, through which he has obtained reality control, molecular control, etc. And has even been hinted to in the mainstream comics on a few occasions. But that he displays this by punching things and shooting lasers.

Knowing Waid got butthurt over not being allowed to take over the Superman title, seems like he took this idea of Superman and ran with it.

I'm interested to see how the story goes though, but it sounds like Plutonian is pretty overtly powerful by what you're writing. The first few issues were fantastic - I remember wanting to read it when it came out, but never got around to it. I collected the entire run here. Should I collect, or am I required to collect Max's series too to get the full story, or will I be good with this one?

quanchi112
Plutonain seems vastly more powerful than Superman.

Juntai
Originally posted by quanchi112
Plutonain seems vastly more powerful than Superman. Its a pretty good read so far. Check it out. It's only 37 issues or something.

quanchi112
Its a pretty good read so far. Check it out. It's only 37 issues or something. Maybe if I have the time. A poor man's Sentry is kind of interesting.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007
Plutonian.

carver9
Plutonian stomps.

Estacado
Plutonian respect thread needed.

Demonic Phoenix
I'm interested to see how the story goes though, but it sounds like Plutonian is pretty overtly powerful by what you're writing. The first few issues were fantastic - I remember wanting to read it when it came out, but never got around to it. I collected the entire run here. Should I collect, or am I required to collect Max's series too to get the full story, or will I be good with this one?

Irredeemable #32 & #33 are part of the Redemption crossover with Max's Incorruptible #25 & #26. Other than that, I don't know if Incorruptible directly ties into the events of Irredeemable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.