Justice League vs Legion of Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
http://i40.tinypic.com/240yp0n.jpg

vs

http://i43.tinypic.com/25qytfa.jpg

Heroes:
Kyle Rayner
Superman
Power Girl
Cyborg
Wonder Woman
Flash
Martian Manhunter

Villians:
Lex Luthor
Gorilla Grodd
Huntress
Gigantra
Livewire
Metallo
Sinestro
Parasite

Existere
Kyle's distracts the Legion of Doom with his newfound breasts.

Villains go down.

JakeTheBank
The art is weird, but cool.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The art is weird, but cool.

I found them by going to some of the comic-art blogs I go to (Project Rooftop and Superheroofthemonth being the two main ones).

This guy has an entire re-imagined JL and LoD with some pretty interesting backstory to each character.

If you feel so inclined here are the links that go in depth with them:

Justice League and Legion of Doom

Galan007
Justice League.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I found them by going to some of the comic-art blogs I go to (Project Rooftop and Superheroofthemonth being the two main ones).

This guy has an entire re-imagined JL and LoD with some pretty interesting backstory to each character.

If you feel so inclined here are the links that go in depth with them:

Justice League and Legion of Doom

Y'know, those redesigns are pretty interesting. Not sure how I'd feel with them as a main continuity sort of thing, but I admire the attempt at something new but similar.

Digi
Cool photos. Cyborg has the Portal gun apparently.

Digi
Sh*t, I knew I recognized the art style from somewhere. It's the guy from Dresdan Codak. One of the weirdest but best-drawn webcomics on the internet. Livewire is basically right out of his comic. I was staring at it going "That reminds me of Kimiko" (one of his protagonists...er, well, she's complicated. But anyway). But I didn't put it together until I clicked the link.

Galan007
Is that little black woman to the far right supposed to be Parasite? If so, that's one hell of a revamp.

The rest aren't too bad, though. WW is my favorite (DC should use that look, imo), followed by Supes--his costume looks like an amalgamation of his regular suit, and Mon El's... Topped of with a Golden Age "S".

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Wonder Woman reminded me of DC 1 Million's WW. I like marble statue come to life thing. Superman's is also pretty cool.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
Sh*t, I knew I recognized the art style from somewhere. It's the guy from Dresdan Codak. One of the weirdest but best-drawn webcomics on the internet. Livewire is basically right out of his comic. I was staring at it going "That reminds me of Kimiko" (one of his protagonists...er, well, she's complicated. But anyway). But I didn't put it together until I clicked the link.

thumb up Kudos for knowing about him.

He's also redone the entire Batman Family as shown here (with a completely different take on the characters, which he describes in the link below). He kept the two (JL and Batman family) separate because he felt his Batman redesign would not fit in the JL universe.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsxt34P5Vq1qc9wc7.jpg

Batman Family

He gives them all such specific roles that, while I wouldn't want to see the normal Batman take this route, I'd definitely be interested in seeing an Elseworld style story being done.

JakeTheBank
The Batman stuff is pretty cool as well.

Liked Oracle's redesign.

Digi
Agreed in full about the Superman costume. Best of the bunch imo.

thumb up Kudos for knowing about him.

He's also redone the entire Batman Family as shown here (with a completely different take on the characters, which he describes in the link below). He kept the two (JL and Batman family) separate because he felt his Batman redesign would not fit in the JL universe.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsxt34P5Vq1qc9wc7.jpg

Batman Family

He gives them all such specific roles that, while I wouldn't want to see the normal Batman take this route, I'd definitely be interested in seeing an Elseworld style story being done.

Good stuff. I like the Robin redesign. His costume actually looks like something someone would wear. Comic book Robin always seemed comically impractical to me.

The guy is something of an amateur futurist. Very into transhumanism. His comic used to be more coherent and pandered to sci-fi dorks, but has sort of jumped off the deep end more recently with a technological future and its esoteric and philosophical implications. Odd stuff, but always well-drawn.

Existere
Giganta's redesign out of all of them is by far my favorite, with Wonder Woman coming in a close second - my only gripe with Diana's makeover is that I feel making her into a marble statue removes a lot of her human connection that makes her an incredibly important character and landmark in comics.

I love the greco-roman focus of the outfit though, and I love the redesign to weaponry and powers allowing for a greater and more natural emphasis on the mythological aspect of her character.

Also a fan of Gorilla Grodd, Metallo, Huntress, Cyborg, Flash's scientist-emphasis, and Martian Manhunter's costume.

Dislike Oracle.

All in all, super cool stuff. Gotta give this more thought. mmm

Existere
Also, this is just me musing now that those redesigns are kicking some thoughts around in my brain:

So Batman's whole classic rogues gallery explores the different ways that people mentally crack and a lot of his villains exemplify certain mental disorders: Two-Face was the ultimate split personality villain, Catwoman was a kleptomaniac, Joker was the quintessential comic-book psychopath, Firefly a pyromaniac, etc, etc.

Batman himself is portrayed often as mentally cracked, with little separating him from his rogues.

If I wanted to redesign Oracle, instead of having her become physically disabled, I would have Joker inflict such deep, irrevocable mental trauma to her psyche that the stress leaves her with incurable, severe agoraphobia, and have her overcome these limitations by fighting cirme via the airwaves as she already does.

Anyways, just my nerdy two cents.

JakeTheBank
That's a good assessment.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Existere
Also, this is just me musing now that those redesigns are kicking some thoughts around in my brain:

So Batman's whole classic rogues gallery explores the different ways that people mentally crack and a lot of his villains exemplify certain mental disorders: Two-Face was the ultimate split personality villain, Catwoman was a kleptomaniac, Joker was the quintessential comic-book psychopath, Firefly a pyromaniac, etc, etc.

Batman himself is portrayed often as mentally cracked, with little separating him from his rogues.

If I wanted to redesign Oracle, instead of having her become physically disabled, I would have Joker inflict such deep, irrevocable mental trauma to her psyche that the stress leaves her with incurable, severe agoraphobia, and have her overcome these limitations by fighting cirme via the airwaves as she already does.

Anyways, just my nerdy two cents.

thumb up

To be honest, this was the reason I started this thread laughing out loud. I didn't really care about the battle, just wanted to get some thoughts flowing like this.

Existere
thumb up

To be honest, this was the reason I started this thread laughing out loud. I didn't really care about the battle, just wanted to get some thoughts flowing like this. thumb up

I'd like to see his Catwoman redesign. mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.