Nu Darkseid vs. Hulk (HOTM)--Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This is a slugfest where they can't move or use any other powers and just have to punch each other. Who drops first ?

Colossus-Big C
savage hulk starts out below superman, thor and many high herald strength levels . he needs amp to reach them and surpass them.

it depends if darkseid can end him before hulk gets strong enough to beat him.

hulks amping varies greatly by writers, some times he can quickly amp 5 times his own strength, other times its really slow.

darksied 6/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
savage hulk starts out below superman, thor and many high herald strength levels . he needs amp to reach them and surpass them.

it depends if darkseid can end him before hulk gets strong enough to beat him. This isn't Savage Hulk this is Hulk not holding back from the Heart of the Monster arc.

Batman-Prime
NU Darkseid? NU like New Universe?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
NU Darkseid? NU like New Universe? Yes, the one who just appeared in the jla arc after the reboot.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes, the one who just appeared in the jla arc after the reboot.

He had just one appearance, I think we should wait till we see more, else it's kind of hard to judge his strength properly, don't you think?

Colossus-Big C
hulk wins then

CosmicComet
He had just one appearance, I think we should wait till we see more, else it's kind of hard to judge his strength properly, don't you think?

agreed.

and i think his redesign looks pretty bad tbh. doesn't look like it meshes, and doesn't look very threatening.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
agreed.

and i think his redesign looks pretty bad tbh. doesn't look like it meshes, and doesn't look very threatening.

Yeah he was kind of disappointing, from the looks. Not as Bad as Jay will but still. I hope it will come out that it was just an shitty Avatar and others will look cooler ^^.
But let's be honest, Darkseid always had a shitty design, except in Final Crisis, after reading it a second time I liked this look.

CosmicComet
I like younger beatles hair cut uxas.

vin

Parmaniac
Yeah he was kind of disappointing, from the looks. Not as Bad as Jay will but still. I hope it will come out that it was just an shitty Avatar and others will look cooler ^^.
But let's be honest, Darkseid always had a shitty design, except in Final Crisis, after reading it a second time I liked this look. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30154/614904-darkseid_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8849/690919-batman_vs_darkseid_super.jpg

Best design/portrayal imo. strong physique not that typical fatty one. Headshape is pretty good too.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30154/614904-darkseid_super.jpg

Best design/portrayal imo. strong physique not that typical fatty one. Headshape is pretty good too. He looks like a angry black man

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I like younger beatles hair cut uxas.

vin

confused What?

Batman-Prime

Best design/portrayal imo. strong physique not that typical fatty one. Headshape is pretty good too.

I forgot Turner, he got rid of the miniskirt thumb up

iceman24567
confused What? Never seen retro Darkseid? You are missing out on visual pleasure no homo

CosmicComet
confused What?

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/631/1229035youngdesaad.png

Batman-Prime
^Beat me to it^^. Thx.
Originally posted by iceman24567
Never seen retro Darkseid? You are missing out on visual pleasure no homo

I remember it from someones Sign... I guess my mind just tried to forget, thanks for the memory :cry:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/631/1229035youngdesaad.png

Some Designs which work, more or less.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12306/1966962-darkseid_20080226020408266_super.jpghttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57507/1957555-darkseid_vs_source.jpghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081104030950/marvel_dc/images/2/25/Darkseid_MK_vs_DC_01.jpg

iceman24567
He looks like a angry black man erm

Batman-Prime
erm

I always though he is, what else stands the Dark for?

no expression

carver9

This is the best Darkseid I've seen. Beastly looking.

quanchi112
He had just one appearance, I think we should wait till we see more, else it's kind of hard to judge his strength properly, don't you think? Nah, I am just comparing it to one arc of the Hulk anyway. Does this mean you give it to the Hulk ?

JakeTheBank
Lol?

Darkseid gets obliterated.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, I am just comparing it to one arc of the Hulk anyway. Does this mean you give it to the Hulk ?

Yes. DS lacks the feats yet, especially for a slugfest. He took on Superman but he was already weak from the OB. GL was still not expierienced enough and the Team was quite fresh. If that's what you want to hear but this is only temporary till we see how strong this new incarnation of DS really is^^. Happy?

JakeTheBank
Is there really any depiction of Darkseid who could take HoTM Hulk in a pure slugfest with no other abilities?

quanchi112
Yes. DS lacks the feats yet, especially for a slugfest. He took on Superman but he was already weak from the OB. GL was still not expierienced enough and the Team was quite fresh. If that's what you want to hear but this is only temporary till we see how strong this new incarnation of DS really is^^. Happy? I am quite pleased. I agree Hulk wins. Welcome to the Thanoside.

Batman-Prime
^I have nothing against Thanos, he is Marvels Darkseid after all wink. But I can't join your club, Batman needs me^^.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Is there really any depiction of Darkseid who could take HoTM Hulk in a pure slugfest with no other abilities?

Sure^^. More then one. I even bet you can guess at least 3.

quanchi112
^I have nothing against Thanos, he is Marvels Darkseid after all wink. But I can't join your club, Batman needs me^^.

It's like the Transformers starting after the Go Bots cartoon. What came before got blown out of the water.

Thanos is what Darkseid aspires to be. Poor guy lost two eyes in his first arc. Don't worry Seid things will get better.

JakeTheBank
Sure^^. More then one. I even bet you can guess at least 3.

To be completely fair to Darkseid, who at his higher levels has a plethora of powers that could roflstomp Hulk, restricted to nothing but his bare fists against the strongest on-panel version of Hulk yet, I'm drawing blanks. I'm aware of his instances of casually backhanding people like Superman and whatnot, but I definitely don't recall any instances of him blowing up planets with the aftermath of his punches (not even direct ones at that). Even vaunted Pre-Crisis characters would be hard pressed to deal with someone like this depiction of Hulk in a purely physical confrontation.

Batman-Prime
To be completely fair to Darkseid, who at his higher levels has a plethora of powers that could roflstomp Hulk, restricted to nothing but his bare fists against the strongest on-panel version of Hulk yet, I'm drawing blanks. I'm aware of his instances of casually backhanding people like Superman and whatnot, but I definitely don't recall any instances of him blowing up planets with the aftermath of his punches (not even direct ones at that). Even vaunted Pre-Crisis characters would be hard pressed to deal with someone like this depiction of Hulk in a purely physical confrontation.

Ok, some PC chars could drag a Galaxy full of planets behind them, I think at their best they are stil far behind HOTM Hulk.. Such chars were beaten by Darkseid. So PC DS would be one.
The DS who was falling towards the Multiverse would be an second example, his true Form is huge, the Boom Tubes make those Gods smaller btw.
A third would be the amped DS during DotNG.

JakeTheBank
Ok, some PC chars could drag a Galaxy full of planets behind them, I think at their best they are stil far behind HOTM Hulk.. Such chars were beaten by Darkseid. So PC DS would be one.
The DS who was falling towards the Multiverse would be an second example, his true Form is huge, the Boom Tubes make those Gods smaller btw.
A third would be the amped DS during DotNG.

What physical combat feats do PC, Final Crisis (assuming that's who you're talking about in the second example) and DotNG Darkseid have to suggest them beating Hulk with nothing but their fists?

carver9

I want to hug you right now Jake and yes homo. wink

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
I want to hug you right now Jake and yes homo. wink

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/dx.gif

Prep-Man
What physical combat feats do PC, Final Crisis (assuming that's who you're talking about in the second example) and DotNG Darkseid have to suggest them beating Hulk with nothing but their fists?

Physically beating down PC Daxamites/Kryptonians?

carver9
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/dx.gif

laughing out loud

Prep-Man
LMAO! Jake picks the best gifs

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Physically beating down PC Daxamites/Kryptonians?

And did they explode planets through aftershocks of their physical blows?

Yes, I'm aware of feats such as tugging a chain of planets, which to me reeks of PIS - yes, Pre-Crisis characters are not immune to PIS, even if it does seem like they generally get a pass when it comes to the crazy hi-jinx of the silver age, but that's my personal opinion and I'm sure someone will fly in here to tell me why I'm wrong (can already guess at a few of them) - but what exact feats/fights did you have in mind?

quanchi112
A third would be the amped DS during DotNG. Dragging a few rocks and destroying one rock by indirectly fighting around it aren't even in the same ballpark. It's laughable.

Ds never did anything physically on panel. Darkseid dragging down the multiverse was as a result of him being out of place in that reality.

The amped Ds and the Source only caused ten miles of damage on Apokolips. Comparing ten square miles to a planet is ridiculous.

Any more examples ?

Prep-Man
Superman was moving so fast he was destroying dimensions, IIRC. He also has the sneeze feat and was punched so hard by Ultraa that not only did it KO him, but the rest of the JLA.

JakeTheBank
Superman was moving so fast he was destroying dimensions, IIRC. He also has the sneeze feat and was punched so hard by Ultraa that not only did it KO him, but the rest of the JLA.

I'm not sure how that pertains here...?

quanchi112
Superman was moving so fast he was destroying dimensions, IIRC. He also has the sneeze feat and was punched so hard by Ultraa that not only did it KO him, but the rest of the JLA. Moving so fast has to do with speed not strength. A sneeze isn't a strength feat either.

Prep-Man
GA Supes also has the dimension punching feat as does Prime.

carver9

Savage Hulk was fighting so hard that he destroyed dimensions. Is his sneezing ft physical strength? The ko of the JLA is impressive. I wonder how they would have handled being in the Dark Dimension when Hulk was going crazy.

JakeTheBank
GA Supes also has the dimension punching feat as does Prime.

Savage Hulk has punched a time storm and dimensions or something along those lines.

quanchi112
I'm not sure how that pertains here...? I wish posters knew what strength actually meant.

Prep-Man
Savage Hulk has punched a time storm and dimensions or something along those lines.

Point is, I'm pretty sure Supes can do the same. And Darkseid was much stronger than even Superman. Cap Marvel had some insane strength feats like hurling planets across the galaxy at ftl speeds. And he was pretty much equal to Superman in that area.

quanchi112
Point is, I'm pretty sure Supes can do the same. And Darkseid was much stronger than even Superman. Cap Marvel had some insane strength feats like hurling planets across the galaxy at ftl speeds. And he was pretty much equal to Superman in that area. Saying Superman can do the same without him doing so is showing bias. Hurling a planet and destroying while while fighting around it aren't even on the same field.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Savage Hulk was fighting so hard that he destroyed dimensions. Is his sneezing ft physical strength? The ko of the JLA is impressive. I wonder how they would have handled being in the Dark Dimension when Hulk was going crazy.

Why wouldn't sneezing be a physical feat?

carver9
I asked a question

DarkSaint85
But you seem to answer that question pretty well when it suits you.....why is that?

carver9
Because that question happened 10 years ago. 🤷🏾‍♂️

DarkSaint85
It took you 10 years to realise that sneezes are a physical action? You are indeed special.

carver9
Or I probably knew the answer but just asked the question to see what you all thought.

It's always good to know that I'm a special part of your life, Dark.

DarkSaint85
You are - I don't know anyone as mentally challenged as you. It's interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.