Plutonian Vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Horrificus
Hehe. I think it's funny that nobody wants to touch this.

Any Sentry experts out there? Feats? Description of powers and source of powers?

carver9
Sentry could win this.

Gecko4lif
Plutonian stores sentry at the heat death of the universe

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hehe. I think it's funny that nobody wants to touch this.

Any Sentry experts out there? Feats? Description of powers and source of powers?

Sentry is pretty similar to Plutonian as he's effectively a psionic based character whose mental abilities often manifest as typical "brick" powers such as strength, speed, durability, etc. He's also teh matterz manipulation god as he beat the Molecule Man!1!!!1

complexbrother
Who is Plutonian ? stats please.

Horrificus
Originally posted by complexbrother
Who is Plutonian ? stats please.
This is what I have been posting when people ask that question:

Here is a quick list of Plutonian's Powers and Abilities:

- Matter Manipulation
- Weaponized use of Quantum Entanglement
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities
- Ability to Nullify Fundamental Forces of Nature
- Seeing through Objects- Subconsciously, can mentally alter the atomic structure of objects, allowing him to see by viewing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that only he can perceive.
- Durability- Subconsciously, mentally controls the density of his own skin and muscle.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage. Does the same to objects he is lifting, so enormous objects do not collapse under their own weight.
- Intangibility- Can alter his own density to allow mass to pass through him.

Most of the following quotations concern actions that the Plutonian does Subconsciously.-

- Qubit- "Operates outside the realm of known physics."
- Qubit- "Can redefine reality."
- Qubit- "able to alter quantum mechanics with his brain."
- Modeus- "Changing probability"
- Modeus- "Reversing entropy"
- Modeus- "seeing through time"
- Modeus- Eye Beams "Transfer Kinetic Energy to the air molecules, turning it into superheated gas"
- Modeus- Arctic Breath "can withdraw molecular motion from the air"
- Modeus- Flight "flies by shifting his mass through the atmosphere, telekinetically squeezing through it like soap through a fist"

And, as they have stated in a bunch of different ways, this is just the beginning of Tony's "awakening", learning about the use of his powers.

Concerning Plutonian's powers, Modeus states that all of this is - "just if he moves from Kindergarten to Grade School."

Id is creating an excellent respect thread where you can see examples of the Plutonian's feats and abilities.

I'm sure there might be other statements, feats and narratives describing the powers of the Plutonian. I thought this might be a good start.

TheMask
I have been collecting the plutonians comics Irredeemable, from reading the first few issues its a pretty good comic. Basically he's superman with he lives in a world were his friends treat him like crap and so does his fiance. So one day he loses his mind and says SCREW YOU WORLD IM NOT GONNA BABYSIT YOU ANYMORE and actually (spoiler ahead) sinks the country of Bejing (spoiler ended) and other dasterly deeds he's superman but with SERIOUS mental problems and a pshycopath.

TheMask
why so few threads on the plutonian?

tkitna
No idea about Plutonian to voice an answer, but he seems to be an almost mirror image of Sentry.

KingD19
Nah. He's more like Solar with a brick primary powerset, and a energy/matter manipulation sub-set.

Existere
Originally posted by KingD19
Nah. He's more like Solar with a brick primary powerset, and a energy/matter manipulation sub-set. Yup. Sounds like Sentry.

Kennedypjp
That's what i think too .http://forexjobs.info/sd.gif

KingD19
Sentry didn't do anything even remotely close to matter manipulation until he went up against Molecule Man, and that was very recently, and after that one time, he barely used those powers again, if ever.

TheMask
sadly the Plutonians comic is ending after only 37 issues sad and it had good ratings I hope sad

the Darkone
Originally posted by tkitna
No idea about Plutonian to voice an answer, but he seems to be an almost mirror image of Sentry.

YOu would think that Fanboy!!

Pultonian is basically Solar Man, these two alone are on another level, Sentry wishes he was at there lunch table!!

TheMask
DAMN BOOM STUDIOS WHY ARE YOU ARE YOU CANCELING IREDEEMABLE?!

tkitna
Originally posted by the Darkone
YOu would think that Fanboy!!

Ummm,,,,,,,,,what?

Didnt I post that I didnt know anything about Plutonian or did you even bother to read it? From the description posted, he reads a lot like Sentry power wise. No reason to be such a tool.

Thats great. Hope it makes you sleep better tonight.

tkitna
Sentry didn't do anything even remotely close to matter manipulation until he went up against Molecule Man, and that was very recently, and after that one time, he barely used those powers again, if ever.

Bringing people and himself back from death was pretty decent I thought.

"Id"
Plutonian and The Sentry share the same plot twist. In the sense that they are introduced as Superman Clones, but turn out to be Psionic entities imitating the powersets fabled flying brick. As they mature, they learn to to apply their power with exotic energy/matter manipulation.

And although both hit the topic of God Like Humans with the powers of God, struggling with their mental instability. Each comic goes about it, in very different ways. The similarities between the two end abruptly once you read into the character.

Sentry is about a junkie gaining the ultimate high, and super powers along the way. He is not a Hero. He does not hold superhero mentality, or personal will to carry out himself as such. He is a junkie struggling to be one. A junkie superhero wannabe, struggles with his own inner demons, developing a split personality that serves as his inner Id (Void) to counter his Super Ego (Sentry).

Plutonium on the other hand, is more of the deconstruction of the Superman. The story strives on shock-value, with the plot slowly revealing its history to explain why he switched from unconditional acts of heroism to complete a psychopath. The funny part, you kinda understand why he acts the way he does, since it was total hell for him to live in a world where you are set up to fail regardless of how good you are. On the other-hand the title "Irredeemable", does not necessarily apply Tony the main character. It actually applies to his former teammates, who did far more evil in the name of Justice.

tl'dr - Plutonian, and Sentry share the same set of abilities. But are otherwise completely different characters, with different backgrounds, in a plot executed entirely different from one another.

Q99
Originally posted by TheMask
sadly the Plutonians comic is ending after only 37 issues sad and it had good ratings I hope sad

Ending because Mark Waid feels like it's time to finish, not because he has to.

It should be a good ending.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Q99
Ending because Mark Waid feels like it's time to finish, not because he has to.

It should be a good ending. But, I'm just glad Mark waited until the story was fully told.

janus77
Plutonian has the brains to do more with the powerset, but Sentry's demonstrated more raw power. Then again, Sentry's in a universe with many many powerful rivals, Plutonian doesn't seem to have so much ... competition.

KingD19
More raw power? Physically alone Plutonian pushed a country under water.

Just recently he took a dead woman's powers, amped them(or something), and used it to save the planet.

He's got more power and versatility than Sentry, especially recently.

AbelAnderson
Ahem, does Plutonian have answers to DSS? laughing out loud
just found this when searching for a plutonian vs sentry thread.

yaadaveyaa
More raw power? Physically alone Plutonian pushed a country under water.

Just recently he took a dead woman's powers, amped them(or something), and used it to save the planet.

He's got more power and versatility than Sentry, especially recently.

im so glad this has changed since 2012 lol sentry's recent feat with exxotar is outrageous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.