Jiraiya vs Orochimaru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ichigo12
Jiraiya vs Orochimaru

Both of them has full power at the beginning of the battle and it takes place at the Valley of End.

Nephthys
While it isn't perfect evidence.... Orochimaru handed 4-tails Naruto his ass while Jiraiya got seriously injured by 4-tails.

ichigo12
Well but I want to hear other peoples opinions because they were rivals and we never saw a fight between them.

marwash22
Originally posted by Nephthys
While it isn't perfect evidence.... Orochimaru handed 4-tails Naruto his ass while Jiraiya got seriously injured by 4-tails. that proves... very little.

For one, 4-tailed Naruto hit Oro multiple times (probably just as hard as he did Jiraiya), but failed to do damage 'cause Oro has those technique where he can puke himself.

Another thing is that Jiraiya wasn't actually trying to fight Naruto.

I'm inclined to go with Jiraiya due to how well he did against Pein. not certain though.

TheAuraAngel
These two are at the top of the S class for me and are both very much the closest one could get to S+ without being one. So this would be a good fight...

But if I had to pick, Jiraiya edges him out. Barely.

dadudemon
I would say that Oro was getting his *ss thoroughly kicked by Naruto, actually. Jiraiya on the other hand had a grenade go off in his hands: he wasn't aware of how bad it would get. That's not the same thing.

If Jiraiya knew what he was getting into, he would have probably started in Sage Mode.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
I would say that Oro was getting his *ss thoroughly kicked by Naruto, actually. Jiraiya on the other hand had a grenade go off in his hands: he wasn't aware of how bad it would get. That's not the same thing.

If Jiraiya knew what he was getting into, he would have probably started in Sage Mode. I agree.

How anyone could watch that fight and say "Oro handed four tails Naruto his ass" I can't know.

Orochimaru's attacks were utterly impotent against Naruto, and Naruto dominated the entire fight.

Jiraiya presumably was also not trying to, you know, kill Naruto, which Orochimaru would have no qualms with.

I am going with Jiraiya.

marwash22
Originally posted by dadudemon

If Jiraiya knew what he was getting into, he would have probably started in Sage Mode. indeed.

marwash22
Oro can't summon the kage's, correct?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
I agree.

How anyone could watch that fight and say "Oro handed four tails Naruto his ass" I can't know.

Orochimaru's attacks were utterly impotent against Naruto, and Naruto dominated the entire fight.

Jiraiya presumably was also not trying to, you know, kill Naruto, which Orochimaru would have no qualms with.

I am going with Jiraiya.

While Orochimaru's body was just starting to reject him and he was clearly toying with Kyuubi until the latter used its Bijuudama.

Though yes, Oro did not hand the 4-Tailed Kyuubi his ass. Far from it.

Originally posted by ichigo12
Well but I want to hear other peoples opinions because they were rivals and we never saw a fight between them.

Orochimaru has beaten Jiraiya in the past. It was a long time ago though.

IMO, thanks to Sage Mode, Jiraiya barely bests Orochimaru.

ichigo12
Yes, I writed full power so oro can summon the kages.

marwash22
oh, well, glad i asked.

Oro takes this unless Jiraiya knows how to stop summons like Hiruzen did..

NemeBro
Yes, I writed full power so oro can summon the kages.

erm

marwash22
inorite. this is an easy win now. it's good to ask these things.

TheAuraAngel
Jiraiya summons Gamabunta and Gamakin, and tosses the Kage into their mouths and they port back. awesome

Nah but seriously, went from good match to unfair. Lulz.

ichigo12
Is not my fault that Orochimaru has good techniques.

Ok the next one who comments will decide if Oro stays with the Edo Tensei or not.

marwash22
errrr, ok. he keeps it. now this thread can die.

ichigo12
So Orochimaru wins the fight.

Bullmonkéy
Orochimaru has upperhand with his cold heart, Reanimation, and Genjutsu. Jiraiyas my favorite but their relation is too messed up.

ichigo12
Jiraiya knows Oro's abilities so he would evade them.

Bullmonkéy
Jiraiya knows Oro's abilities so he would evade them.

Under someone else's view of something that specific it wouldn't happen. What they can and can't doesn't mean they would.

ichigo12
Well, Jiraiya was a friend of Orochimaru in childhood and when he departed Jiraiya said that he still was gaining information about him so I think he knows his abilities.

socool8520
Jiraiya can just put them in a genjutsu like he did the pains. They are not going to be fighting at full potential since they wouldn't really want to win. From the ninjutsu I've seen from both Oro and jiraiya, I would give Jiraiya the edge. His toad stomach jutsu even had Itachi, and Kisame wetting themselves.

ichigo12
But Oro is hard to get trapped (except by Itachi and his great abilities in genjustu).

socool8520
True, but Jiraiya has the frog genjutsu that was capable of trapping two of the pains. I wouldn't see why he wouldn't use it against Oro.

ichigo12
Remeber that Oro knows mostly all of the justus of the ninja world, he must know about that genjustu and the ways to evade it.

socool8520
Remeber that Oro knows mostly all of the justus of the ninja world, he must know about that genjustu and the ways to evade it.

He doesn't necessarily have to know that one. he never made a contract with the toads so he could have never come across it. Just because you know of a jutsu doesn't mean you can automatically have a defense for it. I know that Floyd Mayweather uses boxing techniques but that doesn't mean I can defend all of his punches. lol

ichigo12
So what is the point of learning all justus without learning how to defend against it? That is just stupid and I think Oro is not stupid.

socool8520
Just because you have a defense against something doesn't mean you are invulnerable to ninjutsu. Kakashi knows over a thousand jutsus supposedly and yet he is not invulnerable. He was still tricked by jutsus he knew about.

ichigo12
Because he fighted with very skilled ninjas.

socool8520
They don't get more skilled than Jiraiya. Who has Kakashi fought that was stronger than Jiraiya? Hell, even Itachi and Kisame didn't want to stick around to fight Jiraiya but Itachi pwned Kakashi. Pain admitted that had Jiraiya known about the paths, he would have defeated him.

ichigo12
But Kakashi would not want to fight Jiraiya and I dont see a point why, Jiraiya doesnt count.

socool8520
That's not the point I was trying to make with Kakashi is that just because you have knowledge of lots of jutsus does not mean you are incapable of being hit by them. Then you made the point that the reason why kakashi was hit by jutsus is because he fought highly skilled ninjas. Thus i countered with the fact Jiraiya is one of the most skilled ninjas in the series and thus by your own logic he must be able to hit people with jutsus they have knowledge simply based on his skills. The thinkg is it just seems that Jiraiya is more well rounded than Oro. He has sage mode that Oro can't use. He has more summons since he can summon several toads.

ichigo12
Oro too can summon a SHIT LOAD of snakes xD

Bentley
Jiyaya wtf-pwns this sucker even if Oro had Edo Tensei to help him. Frankly, he's just weak.

ichigo12
Even if i defended Oro, I go to Jirayia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.