New species of Leopard Frog discovered...in New York City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17367664

inimalist
obviously proof of creationism

EDIT: how else would they have been so specialized for New York? srsly?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by inimalist
obviously proof of creationism
Frogs...created...probably rained...God is mad at New York for not stoning gays.

inimalist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Frogs...created...probably rained...God is mad at New York for not stoning gays.

now way that this is a coincidence

sorry for the OT

actually really interesting story, to think that there could be a huge section of biodiversity around us that is totally unknown, even in big cities.

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
now way that this is a coincidence

sorry for the OT

actually really interesting story, to think that there could be a huge section of biodiversity around us that is totally unknown, even in big cities.

That's a cool image, actually. Puts into perspective how far off track many Americans are from their "hero".

inimalist
I appreciate that, but totally didn't want to go that far OT...

in terms of the biology, I think this story is awesome without that kind of cynicism

rudester
Omega this be cool...

Symmetric Chaos
I wonder how long it will take to get animals that really are specialized to living in cities. Not just a population boom but physical adaptation.

Patient_Leech
They should call it the Freedom Frog. *facepalm*

Zampanó
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I wonder how long it will take to get animals that really are specialized to living in cities. Not just a population boom but physical adaptation.
What do you imagine this will look like, exactly? Bears' (and raccoons'!) paws are already pretty effective at dealing with garbage cans, for example.

Lord Lucien
I think he meant animals who can ride public transit.

Symmetric Chaos

Robtard

Shakyamunison
Could this be some kind of quick evolution?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
History Channel did a series called "Life After People", which proposed a premise of what would happen to the Earth and animals if humans just vanished.

Plant covered skyscrapers could/would become their own ecosystem with animals adapting to a life high above the surface. IIRC, cats could develop skin flaps like flying squirrels.

Just fantasy, but it was a decent series at times.

That sounds fun and interesting.

Cats would develop "skin flaps"? So they would be cat flaps?

Another word for cat?

BAM!

cantrell77
that is totally unknown, even in big citieshttp://www.datasea.info/avatar4.jpg

red g jacks
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think he meant animals who can ride public transit. Stray Dogs Master Complex Moscow Subway System

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Robtard
History Channel did a series called "Life After People", which proposed a premise of what would happen to the Earth and animals if humans just vanished.

Plant covered skyscrapers could/would become their own ecosystem with animals adapting to a life high above the surface. IIRC, cats could develop skin flaps like flying squirrels.

Just fantasy, but it was a decent series at times.

I've seen a few of those episodes, including the one you've referenced. I thought it was amazing how nature could just 'overwrite' us if we weren't here to look out for our buildings, terrorities or accomplishments. Even more interesting was the fact that the animals or 'pests' that rely and live of our waste or are drawn to our warm buildings would have to go back to fending for themselves.

I liked how they said the Hoover Dam (I think) could manage for a long time without maintenance although their underwater pipes or something would eventually get clogged up and then it would fail.

Digi
Originally posted by red g jacks
Stray Dogs Master Complex Moscow Subway System

Epic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.