Gorilla Grodd VS Bone Claw Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Who comes out as the winner? Gorilla Grodd, Wolverine, or Old Spice shampoo/conditioner?

http://i43.tinypic.com/1z6uwsw.jpg

VS

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/w_1d/wolverine5.gif

Grodd has all his powers & Wolverine's healing is up due to loss of adamantium.

Caps Conscience
Can't Grodd mind **** him?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Can't Grodd mind **** him?

Not anymore. It was revealed in the last issue that Rachel has been helping Wolverine with his psychic defenses, and if he gets mind controlled... he'll just go pure berserk to break free... because that is a safe and well thought out plan that could never backfire. laughing

Uriel005
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Not anymore. It was revealed in the last issue that Rachel has been helping Wolverine with his psychic defenses, and if he gets mind controlled... he'll just go pure berserk to break free... because that is a safe and well thought out plan that could never backfire. laughing dammit rachel stop being a tactical failure. Oversights like these lead to massive body counts...

Parmaniac
Not anymore. It was revealed in the last issue that Rachel has been helping Wolverine with his psychic defenses, and if he gets mind controlled... he'll just go pure berserk to break free... because that is a safe and well thought out plan that could never backfire. laughing Except of course the many times he was mindcontrolled recently.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Except of course the many times he was mindcontrolled recently.

Read my post again. When you get to the part that says "It was revealed in the last issue," stop and meditate on that for a while.

Placidity
Read my post again. When you get to the part that says "It was revealed in the last issue," stop and meditate on that for a while.

So it was only revealed the last issue, doesn't mean she has only been attempting to get his mental defenses up the last issue. She could have been doing it all along (judging by your post, this sounds more likely), she could have been doing just the period during the last issue, could go both ways. Jus saying.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Placidity
So it was only revealed the last issue, doesn't mean she has only been attempting to get his mental defenses up the last issue. She could have been doing it all along (judging by your post, this sounds more likely), she could have been doing just the period during the last issue, could go both ways. Jus saying.

The scene it is revealed is prefaced with the narration "A few days earlier."

Parmaniac
Wolverine's mental blocks were build up before and we've seen how this turned out. Wolverine's mind isn't an impregnable fortress, it never was and it never will be.

EDIT: Not saying Grodd can rape him but I can already see an agenda being pushed here.

Nietzschean
em I the only one who thinks that Rachel and Wolverine should hook and she get pregnant?

Prep-Man
Grodd.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Wolverine's mental blocks were build up before and we've seen how this turned out. Wolverine's mind isn't an impregnable fortress, it never was and it never will be.

EDIT: Not saying Grodd can rape him but I can already see an agenda being pushed here.

All of that was explained in the last issue. Rachel says a normal mind is like a vary limited series of caves or secret rooms, where through training you can block off the "doors" to keep out intruders. Alliteratively Wolverine's mind "is like the Eastern Front at the height of trench warfare," with tunnels leading all over the place, and old sleeper agent architecture, which makes him extremely susceptible to brain washing and mind control. The new plan is instead of stopping him from getting mind controlled in the first place is to have a fail safe for the inevitability that it does happen. That fail safe is the berserker rage. Not surprising, b-rage Wolverine has always been functionally immune to telepathy.

Blair Wind
I said bone-claw Wolverine. Not current Wolverine.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I said bone-claw Wolverine. Not current Wolverine. fine. Bone Clawed Wolverine couldnt be mind controlled either. smokin'

srankmissingnin
Grodd wins.

Horrificus
Buncha Bananas for Logan

carver9
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I said bone-claw Wolverine. Not current Wolverine.

You should have taken TP off...would have been more interesting. Now people are going to go 2 pages about Wolverine vs TP attacks and then everyone is going to just give up.

Uriel005
I don't see whats stopping grodd who has tagged the flash on occasion from reaching out and grabbing wolverine by the forearms negating his claws and bashing him on a wall a couple dozen times.

carver9
Captain Cold has tagged Flash as well. Tagging Flash shouldn't even be a high end ft anymore since almost everyone and their grandmoma in DC has accomplished this.

StyleTime
Ah.... you edited carver9.

You're safe.....for now. uhuh

carver9
Originally posted by StyleTime
Ah.... you edited carver9.

You're safe.....for now. uhuh

laughing out loud so you seen my error huh? Lol...I hurried up and edited it...people are nitpicky when it comes to my post.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Captain Cold has tagged Flash as well. Tagging Flash shouldn't even be a high end ft anymore since almost everyone and their grandmoma in DC has accomplished this. thumb up

Dum Dum Dugan
I agree with Parmaniac and Carver. Tagging the flashes is no more impressive then tagging any other speedster.

Dum Dum Dugan
All of that was explained in the last issue. Rachel says a normal mind is like a vary limited series of caves or secret rooms, where through training you can block off the "doors" to keep out intruders. Alliteratively Wolverine's mind "is like the Eastern Front at the height of trench warfare," with tunnels leading all over the place, and old sleeper agent architecture, which makes him extremely susceptible to brain washing and mind control. The new plan is instead of stopping him from getting mind controlled in the first place is to have a fail safe for the inevitability that it does happen. That fail safe is the berserker rage. Not surprising, b-rage Wolverine has always been functionally immune to telepathy.
I havent read this issue yet, which issue is it?

Also did the bring up the fact he also has defesnses in place to prevent mind conrtrol/telepaths from enter his mind. Like his scar tissue, psi blocker ect?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9
Captain Cold has tagged Flash as well. Tagging Flash shouldn't even be a high end ft anymore since almost everyone and their grandmoma in DC has accomplished this.

Through some context, sure.

Mindset
CC rammed Flash's head into the wall, Brucey has scans.

fo shure

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Through some context, sure. The context is that Speedsters in comics job which is fine noone wants to read comics of untouchable characters. The problem is to measure the actual speed they were moving on it can vary from being just plain faster than a human to OMFG HE'S FTL! In forum fights I give Speedsters a different treatment because we know what level they can operate on but using the feats of let's say Deathstroke tagging Flash is shitty it's either PIS or Flash was simply operating on a very low level in that instance.

Existere
Originally posted by Mindset
CC rammed Flash's head into the wall, Brucey has scans.

fo shure Originally posted by Starscream M
holy batman!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10369/325912-45363-captain-cold.JPG

captain cold grabs flash before flash can move and smashes his head...captain cold moves beyond light speed fo
shure

crylaugh

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Existere
crylaugh I remember that post. laughing

kinda embarrassing not to differentiate between mirror master and Flash.
he must be colored blind. rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.