Ragnorak vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Ragnorak is grounded for this fight and him and Wolverine are standing face to face...6 ft from each other before the bell ring.

Who wins? No bfring.

Mindset
Wolverine easily.

snikt snikt

bub

Silent Master
I love how Wolverine only stands a chance if the other side is seriously handicapped.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine easily.

snikt snikt

bub

You don't have to be a Wolverine fanboy to appreciate how awesome Wolverines back and forth with clone Thor was. That entire issue was well done.

Logan loses, of course, but he'll put up a fight.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins a grounded melee confrontation. Duh.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins a grounded melee confrontation. Duh.

How? He was only causing superficial damage.

If he couldn't put him down while stabbing him directly to the throat....

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
You don't have to be a Wolverine fanboy to appreciate how awesome Wolverines back and forth with clone Thor was. That entire issue was well done.

Logan loses, of course, but he'll put up a fight. Yes you do.

srankmissingnin
How? He was only causing superficial damage.

If he couldn't put him down while stabbing him directly to the throat....

And Ragarok was only causing superficial damage too. He couldn't put down Wolverine while bashing him repeatedly in the face and smoking him with lightening... durthor

On the ground Wolverine actually maneuver and dodge, and use his speed advantage. Get some power behind his attacks. Eventually he hits something vital in the operation of Clor's robotics, or he lops his head off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
From what I remember of their fight, it looked like it was really not in Wolverine's best interest to get hit by that third blow. I'm willing to bet that it would have finished off Wolverine -or at least ended the fight- if it had landed.

Anyways, Ragnarok wins sooner or later. If he lets Wolverine get in close (I.e. not just frying him with lightning) he'll bleed but that will piss him off more than anything. Wolverine would last longer against the relatively brainless Bendis version, the one from the initiative showed some intelligence.

JakeTheBank

Logan loses, of course, but he'll put up a fight.

Originally posted by Mindset
Yes you do.

laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
From what I remember of their fight, it looked like it was really not in Wolverine's best interest to get hit by that third blow. I'm willing to bet that it would have finished off Wolverine -or at least ended the fight- if it had landed.

Anyways, Ragnarok wins sooner or later. If he lets Wolverine get in close (I.e. not just frying him with lightning) he'll bleed but that will piss him off more than anything. Wolverine would last longer against the relatively brainless Bendis version, the one from the initiative showed some intelligence.

Has Ragnarok gone against any heavy hitters?

I've seen the Volstagg fight, and of course Civil War, but is he even half of what Thor is? Class 100, even?

JakeTheBank
He got raped by Thor.

He also steamrolled the Initiative team.

Non canon, but according to a What If issue, Clor was only 1/3 the power of the original Thor iirc, which sounds about right in my honest opinion.

Sr J-Bieb

I've seen the Volstagg fight, and of course Civil War, but is he even half of what Thor is? Class 100, even? No.

But he's more than enough to smash Wolverine, like what was shown.

And if we assume all the non coherent noises and ragdoll body like physics weren't enough, then that last blow was going to end his face to death.

JakeTheBank
Anyway, Ragnarok wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I've seen the Volstagg fight, and of course Civil War, but is he even half of what Thor is? Class 100, even?

He held his own against Hercules off panel then was destroyed by a hammer blow. He also fought Thor, although from what I remember; it was implied he got an upgrade when he regenerated IIRC.

Thor is comfortably above Ragnarok (At least when annoyed) but the clone is easily Class 100. I'd wager his stronger than beings like Thing or Colossus (Or on par), and would take them down in a fight.

ODG posted everything relevant regarding the clone, including the fight with Thor and the Initiative:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=522796&pagenumber=7

Dum Dum Dugan

I disagree, there no evidence to support Wolverine would have been dropped by another hit. He literally shrugged off ever single blow Rag hit him with while fighting in mid air.

Your bet would be wrong, and presumption not supported by the actual fight. Wolverine was shrugging off Clor blows and made zero indication he could not keep on doing so.

I disagree again there no reason to assume Wolverine cant put him down. He was landing more hits in mid air then clor was and seemed no worse then clor.

I

Lord Feron
Rag wins, sure logan gets some stabs in the first few moments but after that he would be smacked away and then bombarded with lighting. Did rag ever display any form of a omni blast attack? I thought he did but don't remember. That would help him but I don't think Rag would get messed up but logan more so.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Rag wins, sure logan gets some stabs in the first few moments but after that he would be smacked away and then bombarded with lighting. Did rag ever display any form of a omni blast attack? I thought he did but don't remember. That would help him but I don't think Rag would get messed up but logan more so.

Rag was not even capable of smacking away Wolverine while in mid air, what makes you think he do better on the ground? Also Wolverine took full blst of lightning from Clor and was still fighting. Why assume he would be put down by it in a forum match?

Please, even in there fight Clor had just as much damage done to him as Logan received from Clor. or did you miss that 11 stabbs he took? and the clear signs of pain from thoses stabbs?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Rag was not even capable of smacking away Wolverine while in mid air, what makes you think he do better on the ground? Also Wolverine took full blst of lightning from Clor and was still fighting. Why assume he would be put down by it in a forum match?

Please, even in there fight Clor had just as much damage done to him as Logan received from Clor. or did you miss that 11 stabbs he took? and the clear signs of pain from thoses stabbs?

What does being in the air and having the ability to smack someone away have anything to do with each other. But anyway I would imagine that you would have a lot more leverage on ground then just floating in the air anyway.

Okay he took a full blast, how about multiple full blasts, does Rag have only a single charge to use his lighting? Is it limited some how in it's uses? Not that I know of.

I think repeated smacks coupled with repeated lighting blast would put down Wolverine sooner than wolverine stabbing and clawing rag to death. It was not as if the blast had no affect on him or he just walked through it like it was rain.

Yes I know he was in pain I never doubted that.

Horrificus
I like Ragnorak. He's a crazy guy!

There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to beat Logan in a few different ways.

On a side not, I really thought Volstagg's showing was very cool. Personally, I enjoy a story where the hero is the underdog, but has a lot of heart. I would like to see Volstagg on a real adventure at some point.

Is there any reason not to believe that Volstagg shrugged off the same lightning strike that killed Goliath?

Dum Dum Dugan
What does being in the air and having the ability to smack someone away have anything to do with each other. But anyway I would imagine that you would have a lot more leverage on ground then just floating in the air anyway.

Because it much easier to accomplish that to an airborne target who cant fly then it would be to a grounded one.

Leverage arguement hurts you far more then helps. Clor can fly, Wolverine can't. If anyone has being impacted from lack of leverage it the non flyer, not the flyer.

Okay he took a full blast, how about multiple full blasts, does Rag have only a single charge to use his lighting? Is it limited some how in it's uses? Not that I know of.
Except it wasent a single lighting bolt. He held onto Wolverine and lighting the shit out of him, that more damaging then a single lighting bolt strike which by the way wolverine has and would be quite capable of easily tanking.

And please explain to me when Clor has simply kept assaulting people at range rather then enagage them in melee? I notice you like to ignore cis. There again is no evidence that it would put Wolverine down nor is there any evidence that Clor would even attempt such a strategy.

I think repeated smacks coupled with repeated lighting blast would put down Wolverine sooner than wolverine stabbing and clawing rag to death.
Based on what? There again no evidence that suggest this to be true.

And again Wolverine was stationary airborne target who had to remain in contact with Clor to remain in the air. And still Wolverine was out landing Clor. Now Wolverine grounded, which means it be significantly harder for Clor to land blows while being much easier for Wolverine to land his. You are very much over looking how and where the original fight took place compared with this current scenerio. The battlefiled completely favored Clor and still he was being out landed. That not a good indication he going to fair well on the ground.

It was not as if the blast had no affect on him or he just walked through it like it was rain.
He pretty much did walk through it, he hit clor 6 times in a row right after taking that lighting assault. Clearly did not impact remotely to the level your suggesting.

Yes I know he was in pain I never doubted that.

And if you notice Wolverine was shown in no more pain then clor was.

abhilegend
Ragnorak wins.

Lord Feron
Because it much easier to accomplish that to an airborne target who cant fly then it would be to a grounded one.

Leverage arguement hurts you far more then helps. Clor can fly, Wolverine can't. If anyone has being impacted from lack of leverage it the non flyer, not the flyer.

Except it wasent a single lighting bolt. He held onto Wolverine and lighting the shit out of him, that more damaging then a single lighting bolt strike which by the way wolverine has and would be quite capable of easily tanking.

And please explain to me when Clor has simply kept assaulting people at range rather then enagage them in melee? I notice you like to ignore cis. There again is no evidence that it would put Wolverine down nor is there any evidence that Clor would even attempt such a strategy.

Based on what? There again no evidence that suggest this to be true.

And again Wolverine was stationary airborne target who had to remain in contact with Clor to remain in the air. And still Wolverine was out landing Clor. Now Wolverine grounded, which means it be significantly harder for Clor to land blows while being much easier for Wolverine to land his. You are very much over looking how and where the original fight took place compared with this current scenerio. The battlefiled completely favored Clor and still he was being out landed. That not a good indication he going to fair well on the ground.

He pretty much did walk through it, he hit clor 6 times in a row right after taking that lighting assault. Clearly did not impact remotely to the level your suggesting.

And if you notice Wolverine was shown in no more pain then clor was.

Rag was in the air smacked logan away. Are you saying if logan could fly that the smack from rag would be less powerful or something or logan would develop some defense against the smacking because he would have flight?

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. I said a person swinging at a target in mid air would have greater force if he was grounded (but i think we would be applying real life rules to a comic so i don't really want to continue this debate but will if you want). Since they are both on the ground and rag is purposely grounded for the fight it wouldn't matter who had flight. But i believe the hits should be slightly more effective if rag was on the ground. Also logan in no way would be the person handicapped since he is more comfortable than a a flying guy if we try to use your views, and again they are both grounded so yea... Also it is not like this would define the battle or anything.

I didn't say it was a single blast. I do not agree with logan "easily" tanking repeated lighting bolts to his metallic skeleton based body. I am confident there are other instances less powerful electrical attacks has hurt wolverine.

The strategy of using lighting bolts to attack his enemies. Unlike thor He seems to use it quite often. Thor uses it against crazy badasses most of the time. Rag does it in many of his fights. I think he would use it alot imo. Not like im saying he is going to shoot a constant stream of lighting at logan pinning him down and destroying him, that would be ignoring cis.

Based off how the battle was going as you said your self, they were both injured. I believe logan would just lose out first since Rags attacks are stronger and logan HF/endurance would slow down compared to the robot and enogh hits to the noggin would KO logan since he has been KOed by far less than a hammer smash from a thor clone.

If logan is in jumping distance of you, it's not a disadvantage for him. In fact if he can jump on you it benefits him. Not saying it's easier him to fight targets that levitate above him but if the target s in reach the playing field is not as unfavorable as you think.

I do not agree with you that logan will walk thought a lighting blast as if it was a raindrop. That is what I am suggesting.

Dum Dum Dugan

carver9
Dum Dum is ripping through people left and right. Good stuff buddy.

Lord Feron

Lord Feron
Originally posted by carver9
Dum Dum is ripping through people left and right. Good stuff buddy.

Carv where is my cheerleader! Where is my emotional support! sad

Nietzschean
grounded fight I would side with Wolverine.

All Logan really needs to do is decapitate or stab his head and being on the ground Wolverine wont be restricted like he was in the comic where he had no where to go but maintain himself in front of Clor.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
No.

But he's more than enough to smash Wolverine, like what was shown.

And if we assume all the non coherent noises and ragdoll body like physics weren't enough, then that last blow was going to end his face to death. thumb up

The comic was pretty clear.

The no flight stipulation is irrelevant. It's not like Ragnarok used his ability to fly in any meaningful manner. He and Wolverine were all over each other (no homo) and Ragnarok certainly had no qualms about fighting him that way.

Dum Dum Dugan

DarkOdin
Ragnorak easily. What everyone is missing about their fight is Ragnarak was not just fighting wolverine but the whole team and winning for a a good amount of the time. If Wolverine had trouble with Ragnarok with the avengers line up behind he would get recked on a 1 v 1 fight.

OneDumbG0
^ Wolverine did get wrecked with the New Avengers line up behind him on-panel. Not sure how much possibly worse it could get.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Wolverine did get wrecked with the New Avengers line up behind him on-panel. Not sure how much possibly worse it could get. Well according to the wolverine fan club Logan would do much better 1v1 eek! . So we must be flawed in our logic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I disagree, there no evidence to support Wolverine would have been dropped by another hit. He literally shrugged off ever single blow Rag hit him with while fighting in mid air.

Your bet would be wrong, and presumption not supported by the actual fight. Wolverine was shrugging off Clor blows and made zero indication he could not keep on doing so.

I disagree again there no reason to assume Wolverine cant put him down. He was landing more hits in mid air then clor was and seemed no worse then clor.

You're free to disagree but I thought the intention was pretty clear. Simply based on this post, I think it's pretty obvious that we won't reach any consensus, never-mind all the other Wolverine related threads.

I find it highly unlikely that Wolverine would put down Ragnarok, at least any time soon, based on how ineffective his attacks were.

Silent Master
You're free to disagree but I thought the intention was pretty clear. Simply based on this post, I think it's pretty obvious that we won't reach any consensus, never-mind all the other Wolverine related threads.

I find it highly unlikely that Wolverine would put down Ragnarok, at least any time soon, based on how ineffective his attacks were.

The thread could be CISless Thor vs Wolverine and he'd likely argue that Logan wins 6/10.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Silent Master
The thread could be CISless Thor vs Wolverine and he'd likely argue that Logan wins 6/10. a cisless thor bfr logan with a hurricane or flash fries him b4 he could get close...... so no.. >_>

only in Melee does Logan have a high chance of success.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Nietzschean
a cisless thor bfr logan with a hurricane or flash fries him b4 he could get close...... so no.. >_>

only in Melee does Logan have a high chance of success.

Wolverine being in melee range wouldn't stop a CISless Thor from using those powers.

Nietzschean
Wolverine being in melee range wouldn't stop a CISless Thor from using those powers. did u just misread what I said? confused

Silent Master
Why would a CISless Thor only use melee?

Parmaniac
Why would a CISless Thor only use melee? Because the OP set those stips.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Because the OP set those stips.

Me and Nietzschean were having a side discussion.

Lord Feron

Dum Dum Dugan
Just like to apologize for some confusion you might have with matching my responses to what you are saying... i ugh never looked into how to quote specific parts of another person's text like you are doing... embarrasment

Also it is apparent we disagree on some fundamentals about each character/tactics and what is and what isn't a advantage /disadvantage. I would just like to end with, Rag may not immediately and repeatedly use the "Attacking logan cqc and when things get too rough hit him away strike him with lighting and press the attack again" but I do believe it is a tactic within his ability and mind set to use to win some fights against logan.

You do bring up some good points but i still believe Ragnorak will come out on top in a confrontation even if barely and not even 100% of the time.

No worries my friend. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I went years on here with out knowing how to quote lol.

fair enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.