Sub-Mariner vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Mckenzie takes on Eddie Brock?

Fight takes place in NYC, bloodlust on and no bfr

Gecko4lif
Venom gets his shit pushed in

majid86
lol

-Pr-
Namor imo.

majid86
Subby needs a strength boost, i mean he's class 100 tons but doesnt really have any feats to match the likes of Superman, Thor, Black Adam, Hulk etc.

-Pr-
I think he's fine; this is the guy that knocked out the Hulk back in the day, after all.

Existere
Namor's a static component of the marvel backdrop - sure, he has mood swings, but he and Atlantis are relatively stable elements that can transfer easily between narratives and stories. He's physically imposing enough as is to act as a strong, tough, doesn't-take-no-shit leader of his country and his people, but isn't so ridiculously powerful that he becomes one of the leading forces.

Guys like that - Superman, Thor, Hulk - can't be stable environmental elements, they become polarized and are always at one end or the other of major events, dying all the time and waging wars. Look what happened when Black Adam got a surge in popularity. If Namor became one of the toughest dick-swingers around, he'd lose a lot of what makes him a valuable, stable addition to stories and the general MU.

He's fine where he is.

Parmaniac
Namor tanked Torch's super nova and wasn't ****ed up except for the loss of his beard. laughing out loud

Digi
Possible power boosts aside, Spider-Man still hangs with Venom and has beat him straight-up. Namor wrecks him.

SamZED
I can only think of one time Spider-man defeate Brock without resorting to prep/trickery.. and even that one time he only slowed him down long enough to use a sonic attack. Normally Brock nosells all of Pete's attacks and he fights people in Namor's league pretty often. He can also mindcontrol/mindrape people, can become invisible, can form razor sharp tendrils (go for eyes) and I believe that in combat he's quicker than Namor. Also he himself is prety strong and hard to harm even for class 100 characters thanks to his ability to increase mass. This is not as onesided as people think.

carver9
Didn't Namor and a Venom already fight (I know it was Brock) and Namor stomped him. I see this fight going the same way.

Bouboumaster
Namor wacked up Gagan's venom, and he would do the same with Brock's.

Parmaniac
Gargan, he ripped off Namors wings, but got ****ed up pretty badly. But it was Gargan so everything else would have been retarded.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Gargan, he ripped off Namors wings, but got ****ed up pretty badly. But it was Gargan so everything else would have been retarded.

Namor repaid him by snatching his tongue out.

Badabing
Originally posted by majid86
Mckenzie takes on Eddie Brock?

Fight takes place in NYC, bloodlust on and no bfr The Aqua Man wannabe wins.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Namor repaid him by snatching his tongue out. I know I wasn't sure if it was a typo in your post, my post was actually a direct reply to yours, Namor wins.

majid86
Originally posted by Badabing
The Aqua Man wannabe wins.

laughing out loud

How can Sub Mariner be an Aquaman wannabe when he was created 2 YEARS before that lame character was first seen.

Seriously, you Aquaman fanboys need to relax and just accepted that your hero is a cheap ass lame DC rip off.

TheMagicPillow
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj4yzdZ3fn1qidrtmo1_500.jpg

Even though that was Gargan, i see a similar (albeit less humiliating) outcome for Brock.

I had no idea the symbiote could bleed.

SamZED
They can't. Gargan is just that awesome. Originally posted by carver9
Didn't Namor and a Venom already fight (I know it was Brock) and Namor stomped him. I see this fight going the same way. It was Gargan. Huge and I mean HUGE difference. Like comparing baby panda to grizzly bear.

Gecko4lif
Only difference between gargon and brock is that

1 brock has lower stats

and 2 Brock isnt dumb as a ****ing rock

SamZED
Brock has better stats. That includes speed, stamina, durability. Strength is comparable. One other important difference is that he is a very compitent fighter. Even withOut the symbiote he was shown outfighting like 10 cops at the same time, putting up a fight against armed thugs and even holding his own against symbiote possessed humans. And he did all that as Eddie.

abhilegend
Gargan hit namor with some dehydrant first in their brief fight IIRC.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Namor tanked Torch's super nova and wasn't ****ed up except for the loss of his beard. laughing out loud thumb up He's got some serious durability feats.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Existere
Namor's a static component of the marvel backdrop - sure, he has mood swings, but he and Atlantis are relatively stable elements that can transfer easily between narratives and stories. He's physically imposing enough as is to act as a strong, tough, doesn't-take-no-shit leader of his country and his people, but isn't so ridiculously powerful that he becomes one of the leading forces.

Guys like that - Superman, Thor, Hulk - can't be stable environmental elements, they become polarized and are always at one end or the other of major events, dying all the time and waging wars. Look what happened when Black Adam got a surge in popularity. If Namor became one of the toughest dick-swingers around, he'd lose a lot of what makes him a valuable, stable addition to stories and the general MU.

He's fine where he is.

this is a great post smokin'

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by Sin I AM
this is a great post smokin'

Seconded thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.