Silver Age Mangog vs PC Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Classic Mangog

vs.

PC Darkseid

Mangog has rampage through Darkseid army, which leaves Darkseid alone too battle Mangog, his Omega Effect doesn't work on Mangog or he cant even BFR, can Darkseid put Mangog down and send him back to own universe or will he die!?

Gecko4lif
Darkseid absorbs mangaog

burps

farts

scratches his ass

then continues with his day

Cogito
Darkseid

Horrificus
You would have to show why DS can put Mangog down, when the best anybody has ever done, (combat-wise) is bfr him while he was momentarily stunned, from a God-Blast down his throat.

Out of the 2 of them, DS has many more combat defeats than Mangog.

Mangog has top seat here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
You would have to show why DS can put Mangog down, when the best anybody has ever done, (combat-wise) is bfr him while he was momentarily stunned, from a God-Blast down his throat.

Out of the 2 of them, DS has many more combat defeats than Mangog.

Mangog has top seat here.
Darkseid oneshotted Mon-el in coma. Who has defeated him in combat or even stunned him?

Batman-Prime
Darkseid makes him his slave.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Darkseid oneshotted Mon-el in coma. Who has defeated him in combat or even stunned him? Who has defeated Darkseid?

Seriously? Are you asking that because you really don't know, or because I have to be the one to make the list?

Frankly, what DS did to Mon-el, is what he should be doing to everybody in the DC. Unfortunately, they don't always write him that way, and yeah, it kind of sucks.

But, we have to deal with what has or has not happened in the books.

In the books, DS has a much worse record than Mangog.

And Mangog, going back decades, has one of the best records in comics.

People can take guesses and make assumptions against him, but the plain truth is, the character has never been beaten in combat.

Out of God knows how many fights with Thor, (several of them ending with an unconscious Thor), Mangog was finally "stunned" by a God Blast down his throat, and immediately bfr'd off a cliff.

And THAT is his only combat loss.

You can't say the same for DS. That is just the way it is.

On top of it all, with what DS is and what is inside of him, he would also feed Mangog all the power he needed.

Kelley2011
Good thinking..

Batman-Prime
Who has defeated Darkseid?

Seriously? Are you asking that because you really don't know, or because I have to be the one to make the list?

Frankly, what DS did to Mon-el, is what he should be doing to everybody in the DC. Unfortunately, they don't always write him that way, and yeah, it kind of sucks.

People can take guesses and make assumptions against him, but the plain truth is, the character has never been beaten in combat.

Out of God knows how many fights with Thor, (several of them ending with an unconscious Thor), Mangog was finally "stunned" by a God Blast down his throat, and immediately bfr'd off a cliff.

On top of it all, with what DS is and what is inside of him, he would also feed Mangog all the power he needed.

Who did PC Darkseid lose to?
And btw who did LT defeat? Actually he has a bad record. Still you wouldn't rank him higher then most Abstracts...

Cogito
This is PC Darkseid, not post-crisis.

He had a fantastic track record. His Gravity Guards alone trounced PC Superman effortlessly. Far more powerful and higher in stature than Darkseid today.

abhilegend

You didn't answer my question? Who has beaten PC darkseid not post-crisis darkseid? Do you think thor's godblast is more powerful than entire LOSH attacking at once?

Endless Mike
Darkseid created Validus who was a stronger brick than Mangog

abhilegend
Entire LOSH blasting at darkseid didn't make him even budge

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_lsh-v2-294-35.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_lsh-v2-294-36.jpg

abhilegend
The famous Mon-El bitchslap like an insect

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_lsh-v2-292-07.jpg

abhilegend

It was anti-force not god blast and mangog was ktfo

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsMangog30.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsMangog31.jpg

Horrificus
You didn't answer my question? Who has beaten PC darkseid not post-crisis darkseid? Do you think thor's godblast is more powerful than entire LOSH attacking at once? OK, ok. I will dig.

Actually, I hope you are right. I always liked Darkseid. In the old days, he was "serious". I know he has losses, so I will find them and post them.

And- Godblast vs LOSH

I don't think you can compare Thor's one-shot to the entire LOSH. Of course it isn't as powerful. But, what is important is, how powerful it was and where it was placed.
I think that Thor's God-Blast down Mangog's throat is more devastating than anything LOSH did to DS.

Then, you have to remember that all it did was stun Mangog long enough to be kicked off a cliff, while Thor took off.

Juntai
Stun? He was laid out. lol.

Horrificus
It was anti-force not god blast and mangog was ktfo

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsMangog30.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsMangog31.jpg Right. Anti-Force. Sorry.

But, that still didn't knock him out. Check this scan:

1. The top 2 left panels show Mangog stunned and moving.

2. Bottom right panel shows when he hit the ground after the fall and that's it.

3. Anti-Force down the throat did not knock him out. Getting smacked with the hammer and falling off a cliff isn't going to knock him out either. And, the showed nothing else after he hit the ground.
BFR.

But, even if you don't buy the BFR, that's ok. Either way, it is still his ONLY combat loss.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/ThorvsMangog31.jpg

abhilegend
Right. Anti-Force. Sorry.

2. Bottom right panel shows when he hit the ground after the fall and that's it.

3. Anti-Force down the throat did not knock him out. Getting smacked with the hammer and falling off a cliff isn't going to knock him out either. And, the showed nothing else after he hit the ground.
BFR.

But, even if you don't buy the BFR, that's ok. Either way, it is still his ONLY combat loss.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/ThorvsMangog31.jpg
That doesn't show mangog moving at all, it was thor blasting mangog with his hammer and showing that he was in the exact position as in the panel before it. They didn't show him again as he was killed or ktfo and thanos was the real threat. They even spelled it out "while one foe has fallen". This is supposed to be the marvel equivalent of PC validus, pathetic. Darkseid in PC days doesn't have a single combat loss save firestorm using omega effect turning back on him which is rather frankly PIS.

abhilegend
Darkseid shrugs off suckerpunches from superboy and supergirl

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_lsh-v2-294-32.jpg

Juntai
Right. Anti-Force. Sorry.

BFR.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/ThorvsMangog31.jpg Looks like he's curled up in the same position in both panels to me.

Galan007
Entire LOSH blasting at darkseid didn't make him even budge

The famous Mon-El bitchslap like an insect That's GDS Darkseid, though. Are we using him in this thread?

Darkseid shrugs off suckerpunches from superboy and supergirl

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_lsh-v2-294-32.jpg Still GDS Darkseid, but it's worth mentioning that the duo were amped by Highfather at the time. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
That's GDS Darkseid, though. Are we using him in this thread?

Still GDS Darkseid, but it's worth mentioning that the duo were amped by Highfather at the time. thumb up
He was said to be a mere shadow of his powers and at that basis do we disregard any legion feat of PC superboy or PC supergirl? This was all canon to PC darkseid, DC multiverse doesn't work like MU multiverse where any future reality is considered a separate reality to 616. Legion future is the direct future of DC main reality before or after the crisis.

Galan007
He was said to be a mere shadow of his powers and at that basis do we disregard any legion feat of PC superboy or PC supergirl? This was all canon to PC darkseid, DC multiverse doesn't work like MU multiverse where any future reality is considered a separate reality to 616. Legion future is the direct future of DC main reality before or after the crisis. You don't have to get defensive, and/or give me a lesson in DC cosmology. I know full well that the LoSH future is still tied to mainstream DC--that's why it was affected by the events of COIE.

I only asked because typically GDS Darkseid is used as a different version all together--namely because of the exotic powers he absorbed to attain his power, as well as the legendary TP he used during that arc (he's never used TP anywhere near that degree since.)

But if he's free game, then cool. I certainly don't have a problem with your line of reasoning as to why he *should* be useable. smile

Juntai
Question to the OP. How is he supposed to send him back to his universe if BFR is off?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
You don't have to get defensive, and/or give me a lesson in DC cosmology. I know full well that the LoSH future is still tied to mainstream DC--that's why it was affected by the events of COIE.

I only asked because typically GDS Darkseid is used as a different version all together--namely because of the exotic powers he absorbed to attain his power, as well as the legendary TP he used during that arc (he's never used TP anywhere near that degree since.)

But if he's free game, then cool. I certainly don't have a problem with your line of reasoning as to why he *should* be useable. smile
Ah, I was never trying to teach you anything. Cool with me.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Darkseid created Validus who was a stronger brick than Mangog

That's debatable, SA Mangog =PC Validus in base strength, but Mangog becomes stronger when he feeds on hate and physical contact.

abhilegend
Originally posted by the Darkone
That's debatable, SA Mangog =PC Validus in base strength, but Mangog becomes stronger when he feeds on hate and physical contact.
Based on? When mangog can ignore someone like Mon-EL punching him with everything he has and superboy getting ktfo by just ramming into him, call me.

Galan007
^ On top of what you mentioned, Validus was taking on Sun Eaters and coming out on top. He was more powerful than any 'brick' I can think of, with the exception of pre-crisis Omega--and Darkseid created him with a wave of his hand.

Not really surprising, though. Darkseid has a history of creating uber beings from scratch--Stayne and Brimstone are other examples.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Juntai
Looks like he's curled up in the same position in both panels to me. 1. First of all, you can see Mangog's arm reaching and he has taken a step.

2. Also, Thor is talking to him the whole time.

3. Finally, r u saying that Thor struck an opponent that was already knocked out?

Horrificus
Based on? When mangog can ignore someone like Mon-EL punching him with everything he has and superboy getting ktfo by just ramming into him, call me. SA Mangog shrugged off blows from Thor and Odin.

SA Mangog has NEVER been beaten in combat. Nor was he ever even harmed. In any way.

Are you saying that Mon-El could go through Asgard, from the outermost borders, all the way to the throne of Odin, without so much as a scratch?

Because, that is what Mangog did. Hell, he has just, pretty much, wandered around in Asgard, while Odin constantly talked about how unbeatable he was, and helpless to fight Mangog off.

Over and over, he knocked out Thor at the very beginning of their battles.

He knocked Odin out with one blow.

That's Odin.

To simply de-power Mangog, Odin had to amp himself with a very powerful artifact, and then, just de-powering Mangog, killed Odin.

He has other powers as well, but does not usually use them, preferring to tear his opponents apart physically.

"Mon-El", "Shmo-Mel". laughing

abhilegend
1. First of all, you can see Mangog's arm reaching and he has taken a step.

2. Also, Thor is talking to him the whole time.

3. Finally, r u saying that Thor struck an opponent that was already knocked out?
1. Nope, he is in the same position.
2. Lulz, was mangog talking back?
3. Its thor, who know what he wants to do? He's an ass.
So let me get this straight, even though narration says that "one of them is fallen", we're supposed to believe that mangog was only stunned by an extremely ambiguous panel where he supposedly moves his arm and thor talking shit to him. Not convincing anybody by that. What happened to your quest of finding darkseid's losses?

abhilegend
SA Mangog shrugged off blows from Thor and Odin.

SA Mangog has NEVER been beaten in combat. Nor was he ever even harmed. In any way.

Are you saying that Mon-El could go through Asgard, from the outermost borders, all the way to the throne of Odin, without so much as a scratch?

Because, that is what Mangog did. Hell, he has just, pretty much, wandered around in Asgard, while Odin constantly talked about how unbeatable he was, and helpless to fight Mangog off.

Over and over, he knocked out Thor at the very beginning of their battles.

He knocked Odin out with one blow.

That's Odin.

To simply de-power Mangog, Odin had to amp himself with a very powerful artifact, and then, just de-powering Mangog, killed Odin.

He has other powers as well, but does not usually use them, preferring to tear his opponents apart physically.

"Mon-El", "Shmo-Mel". laughing
When did mangog shrug off odin's attack? Koing a weakened odin you mean. Characters talk is just that, when time came odin dispersed mangog with just a spell. Mon has killed time-trapper albeit weakened by his bare hands, an abstract entity. You don't know much about PC characters, do you? Mon was stronger than superboy who could drag a galaxy worth of planets on a chain from one end of universe to another. Classic thor is not even as strong as post crisis superman much less pc superman.

Horrificus
1. Nope, he is in the same position.
2. Lulz, was mangog talking back?
3. Its thor, who know what he wants to do? He's an ass.
So let me get this straight, even though narration says that "one of them is fallen", we're supposed to believe that mangog was only stunned by an extremely ambiguous panel where he supposedly moves his arm and thor talking shit to him. Not convincing anybody by that. What happened to your quest of finding darkseid's losses?
Well, in Panel #1, we have Thor and Mangog right next to each other and Thor is stationary. Mangog is on all 4's.

In Panel #2, Whoa! There goes Thor after Mangog! There is more distance between the 2 of them. Oh! There is Mangog, head up now, he has taken a step and there is his arm stretched out ahead of him. Clearly in a different position from Panel #1.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/MangognotOut.jpg

Not that it really matters. But, I'm right.

Horrificus
When did mangog shrug off odin's attack? Koing a weakened odin you mean. Characters talk is just that, when time came odin dispersed mangog with just a spell. Mon has killed time-trapper albeit weakened by his bare hands, an abstract entity. You don't know much about PC characters, do you? Mon was stronger than superboy who could drag a galaxy worth of planets on a chain from one end of universe to another. Classic thor is not even as strong as post crisis superman much less pc superman. Wasn't it 13 planets?

Horrificus
When did mangog shrug off odin's attack? Koing a weakened odin you mean. Characters talk is just that, when time came odin dispersed mangog with just a spell. Mon has killed time-trapper albeit weakened by his bare hands, an abstract entity. You don't know much about PC characters, do you? Mon was stronger than superboy who could drag a galaxy worth of planets on a chain from one end of universe to another. Classic thor is not even as strong as post crisis superman much less pc superman. Here is Mangog shrugging off Odin's blows. Then, man-handling Odin. The next page has Mangog knocking Odin out.
And, it is not when he is weak from transferring Asgard.

And, NO, you can't just decide that everything the characters and writers stated through 3 full story-lines is BS, just because it hurts your argument.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/odinragdoll.jpgOdin gets knocked out.

abhilegend
Well, in Panel #1, we have Thor and Mangog right next to each other and Thor is stationary. Mangog is on all 4's.

In Panel #2, Whoa! There goes Thor after Mangog! There is more distance between the 2 of them. Oh! There is Mangog, head up now, he has taken a step and there is his arm stretched out ahead of him. Clearly in a different position from Panel #1.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%201/MangognotOut.jpg

Not that it really matters. But, I'm right.
So thor blasting him can't be the reason that he was moving, right? We're nitpicking on a small detail when the narration clearly tells us that mangog was out cold when dropped.
Wasn't it 13 planets?
Nope, only 13 planets were shown in the scans but superboy said that they were from a "dying galaxy". So either there were more planets or it was a really small galaxy considering how many planets were full of life in those days in DC comics.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/876/superboytowplanets1ur4.jpg

This happened when the same superboy rammed full force in validus

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5660/10ts6.jpg

abhilegend
Here is Mangog shrugging off Odin's blows. Then, man-handling Odin. The next page has Mangog knocking Odin out.
And, it is not when he is weak from transferring Asgard.

And, NO, you can't just decide that everything the characters and writers stated through 3 full story-lines is BS, just because it hurts your argument.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/odinragdoll.jpgOdin gets knocked out.
Where is that from? Name the issue, I can't tell without reading the context behind this.

Uriel005
Wasn't it 13 planets? no it was a dying galaxy I know the feat he's referencing. The galaxy was in an old section of the universe and all its stars were dying out so superboy saved themhttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84191/1645401-sa_superboy_can_pull_planets_super.jpg

Endless Mike
It should be noted that in the background of that scan you can see the trail of planets as a small line continuing back, meaning it was way more than just the few in the foreground

Prep-Man
Insane.

Batman-Prime
It should be noted that in the background of that scan you can see the trail of planets as a small line continuing back, meaning it was way more than just the few in the foreground
Now, how many Worlds/Planets does a Galaxy has? 100 Billion Worlds? Some smaller then our earth, some much much bigger...

Though WBH could potentially shed most of them with a wave of his hand, but then again, he isn't in this thread. no expression

Endless Mike
Well he would really only have to carry the inhabited ones. In real life that would probably cut the number down by a lot, but this is DC comics, where not only Earth, but Mars and Saturn (and maybe some of the other planets in the solar system, IDK) had intelligent life too.

Batman-Prime
Well he would really only have to carry the inhabited ones. In real life that would probably cut the number down by a lot, but this is DC comics, where not only Earth, but Mars and Saturn (and maybe some of the other planets in the solar system, IDK) had intelligent life too.

True but you would rearrange them in an similar way I guess, the solar systems, around other suns and all, I think. And some, like the 4th doesn't look like it has som living beings. But he states he is saving Billions of lives (intelligent or not), so maybe you are right.
Anyway, there are still ebough Planets to give this feat a big lulz.

Endless Mike
You can't really tell from the texture, besides, alien life can be weird, if that 4th planet was a desert planet it could be inhabited by living rocks that eat sand or something

Batman-Prime
You can't really tell from the texture, besides, alien life can be weird, if that 4th planet was a desert planet it could be inhabited by living rocks that eat sand or something

Like Athas or Dune ^^. Yeah, the art doesn't gives much away. But let's say you have 1/10 inhabited World in a DC Galaxy and it's still enough^^.

And it doesn't looks like he has to exhaust himself for this feat, he looks like he wouldn't care to drag more Planets behind him.

Endless Mike
Yeah. Although I've never actually read the entire issue, so I always wonder what was up with that green comet....

Horrificus
So thor blasting him can't be the reason that he was moving, right? We're nitpicking on a small detail when the narration clearly tells us that mangog was out cold when dropped. People will see the panels in different ways. To me, it looks like he changed position and is moving away while Thor is coming at him.
Like you said, no big deal.
Where did the narration say he was out cold?

Nope, only 13 planets were shown in the scans but superboy said that they were from a "dying galaxy".
Well, I only see 13 pllanets.

Plus...

Characters talk is just that wink
But, in your defense, Superboy was probably BIG into the "sauce" back then! So, don't feel bad that he lied to us.
I mean, a guy can only tow so many planets. (I know from personal experience.)

Also, to be honest, I didn't start getting into Mon-El until the whole Time Trapper thing, with the Infinite Man at the end.

You will see that years ago, I started posting a BUNCH of Infinite Man stuff on here, because that story was so freaking cool. And, I am pretty sure that story was right after crisis.

Horrificus
Where is that from? Name the issue, I can't tell without reading the context behind this. B But... then you will try to prove I'm wrong. confused

Hehe.

I will find out. It is from the 2nd Mangog story arc. I will have to go through them tonight to find which issue.

That is a scan I had saved from another thread.

I know it is from the 2nd, because Odin is in the "Odin Sleep" through the first story arc. And, the 3rd Mangog story is the one where Mangog takes on the guise and throne of Odin while he is on Earth, I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.