Firestorm vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tsscls
Hal Jordan is the dominant personality and Lex Luthor is the sub-concious. With all of his implied powerset from Brightest Day. Luthor and Jordan are moderately experienced and working together in harmony. Surfer at his average; no BP chickenwing is going to take him down.
Does Firestorm have a chance?

Galan007
Originally posted by tsscls
Hal Jordan is the dominant personality and Lex Luthor is the sub-concious. With all of his implied powerset from Brightest Day. Luthor and Jordan are moderately experienced and working together in harmony. Surfer at his average; no BP chickenwing is going to take him down.
Does Firestorm have a chance? Firestorm could, and likely would win.

Naija boy
OP please elbaorate on what you mean by all his implied powerset from brightest day means. If its just Firestorm powerset with Lex Luthor and Hal jordan as the dominant concsciousnesses then Surfer still wins (more well rounded- physically much more formidable, faster, at least equal energy/matter manip etc)

Galan007
I'm assuming that he's referring the the universal powerset that was theorized by Stein/Deathstorm.

guy222
fs

Merlyn
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm assuming that he's referring the the universal powerset that was theorized by Stein/Deathstorm. Huh? confused

Prep-Man
I'm assuming that he's referring the the universal powerset that was theorized by Stein/Deathstorm.

Exactly how powerful was he? I didn't think any Firestorm, for the exception of Elemental Firestorm was Surfer level.

Galan007
Originally posted by Merlyn
Huh? confused This is the universal power I referred to:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11224902_bd_10_05.jpg
In short: FS=a big bang. With full control over that energy/the Matrix (which is one of the stips of this thread) he'd stomp Surfer.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Exactly how powerful was he? I didn't think any Firestorm, for the exception of Elemental Firestorm was Surfer level. Even without the aforementioned power, Firestorm, especially toward the end of his last solo series, would most definitely be in Surfer's tier. Surfer would likely still defeat FS, but FS undoubtedly has the tools/powerset to make Surfer work his ass off for the win. FS is a LOT more powerful than most realize.

Prep-Man
This is the universal power I referred to:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11224902_bd_10_05.jpg
In short: FS=a big bang. With full control over that energy/the Matrix (which is one of the stips of this thread) he'd stomp Surfer.

Even without the aforementioned power, Firestorm, especially toward the end of his last solo series, would most definitely be in Surfer's tier. Surfer would likely still defeat FS, but FS undoubtedly has the tools/powerset to make Surfer work his ass off for the win. FS is a LOT more powerful than most realize.

Do you think Elemental FS is in Surfer's league?

Galan007
^ Elemental Firestorm owned Captain Atom. Twice. With a gesture.

He would be beyond Surfer, imo.

lilshogun
Silver Surfer has feats that makes Firestorm still in kindergarden. Surfer will sample Firestorm with his cosmic awareness and read read FS every energy iota in his body/Silver Surfer controls the laws of physics to his every wish by the Power Cosmic. Something Firestorm never experienced. Power Cosmic is what makes him differ from other energy manipulators. With it SS has even sythesize magic and able to manipulate to a degree.

Galan007
Originally posted by lilshogun
Something Firestorm never experienced. You've obviously not read much Firestorm.

batdude123
Silver Surfer gets turned to salt.

Galan007
^ You know what's up. upnoneermm

lilshogun
Plus Silver Surfer has the experience edge within the cosmos.

Sin I AM
Norrin

Prep-Man
Originally posted by batdude123 Silver Surfer gets turned to salt.

nah, he turns him into a surf board.

lilshogun
What are you talking about? Are you referring Firestorm the elemental version who is is the physical and metaphysical embodiment of one of nature. SS has the cosmic awareness and if we are talking about 90's, Perez's, Norrin will just go Astral and beat the crap out of Ronnie and seperate the 2. Originally posted by Galan007
You've obviously not read much Firestorm.

lilshogun
SS reforms back and turns Firestorm into an extiguisher.Originally posted by Prep-Man
nah, he turns him into a surf board.

Galan007
What are you talking about? Are you referring Firestorm the elemental version who is is the physical and metaphysical embodiment of one of nature. SS has the cosmic awareness and if we are talking about 90's, Perez's, Norrin will just go Astral and beat the crap out of Ronnie and seperate the 2. g007-psyduck

Tony Stark
The only wat FS has a chance to push SS for more than a couple minutes is if he is elemental FS and per this thread he is not... So Radd FTW evrytime without too much trouble.

Stoic
Firestorm could, and likely would win.

Nice Sig Galan

What is it pointing at? big grin

Galan007
^ It's binary. wink

Stoic
I know it's binary. The numbers that i posted is what the binary you have in your sig are in decimal form. Great sig by the way.

Galan007
Oh, gotcha.

Thanks. smile

carver9
g007-psyduck

Lol.

lilshogun
Here is the thing if Fernus could manipulate and cut Ronnie from Firestorm then by means of feats, Surfer can extract the 2 by TP.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RZphDLgXUZQ/TP-dtAMbW0I/AAAAAAAABb8/jHoKtwgxj8Q/s400/urkel.jpg

g007-psyduck

Galan007
Here is the thing if Fernus could manipulate and cut Ronnie from Firestorm then by means of feats, Surfer can extract the 2 by TP. The f*ck..? srsly

abhilegend
Too much surfer wanking in this thread.

Endless Mike
I doubt Surfer's TP matches up to even normal J'onn's, let alone Fernus (unless Fernus' TP was weaker for some reason, I've never read that arc)

tsscls
Originally posted by Naija boy
OP please elbaorate on what you mean by all his implied powerset from brightest day means. If its just Firestorm powerset with Lex Luthor and Hal jordan as the dominant concsciousnesses then Surfer still wins (more well rounded- physically much more formidable, faster, at least equal energy/matter manip etc)

Implied powerset (BN) means that he has the power of the big bang at his fingertips.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer turns him into a can opener to better suit Firestorm's can crushing career

dmills
Here is the thing if Fernus could manipulate and cut Ronnie from Firestorm then by means of feats, Surfer can extract the 2 by TP.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1325021174.gif

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I doubt Surfer's TP matches up to even normal J'onn's, let alone Fernus (unless Fernus' TP was weaker for some reason, I've never read that arc)

How much TP do you think it would take? I don't know anything about Fernus, but I know Surfer feats. His TP is well into the class 100+ territory after which measurement becomes ambiguous.

I also don't know Firestorm very well, but from what I've heard, I doubt he could simply transmute a being formed by the power cosmic. I mean, it took Thanos days of super-science analysis to understand power cosmic physiology AND Surfer has transmutation powers of his own. I also don't see what stops FS from getting blitzed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
How much TP do you think it would take? I don't know anything about Fernus, but I know Surfer feats. His TP is well into the class 100+ territory after which measurement becomes ambiguous.

I also don't know Firestorm very well, but from what I've heard, I doubt he could simply transmute a being formed by the power cosmic. I mean, it took Thanos days of super-science analysis to understand power cosmic physiology AND Surfer has transmutation powers of his own. I also don't see what stops FS from getting blitzed.
Really, name some surfer TP feats? Because surfer never actually blitzes in character and has very few reflex feats for his own aside of travelling feats.

Dream Stuff

I realized randomly this morning that I was typing TP and thinking TK.

Surfer does have TP feats though it isn't a well he draws from often. They include things like placing people in hypnotic trances such that they don't think or move, reading and implanting images into minds. Pretty basic stuff.

One interesting l esoteric power is that he can merge himself with another being through physical contact. He can do this instantly and against their will. I wonder what kind of effect that would have on a guy who is already multiple people.

abhilegend

Surfer does have TP feats though it isn't a well he draws from often. They include things like placing people in hypnotic trances such that they don't think or move, reading and implanting images into minds. Pretty basic stuff.

One interesting l esoteric power is that he can merge himself with another being through physical contact. He can do this instantly and against their will. I wonder what kind of effect that would have on a guy who is already multiple people.
Meh, who knows and why would surfer merge with firestorm anyway?

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by abhilegend
Because surfer never actually blitzes in character

Tell that to Nova.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63560350@N06/6860492438/sizes/m/in/photostream/

I love that example in particular, because Nova doesn't even know what hit him at first and by the time Surfer comes back around, he's even thinking "EVADE!" but can't.

It's true that while he doesn't fight like the Flash or anything, "fly really fast straight into my opponent" is actually one of Surfer's favorite techniques. So, again, what stops Firestorm from getting blitzed?

JayDaDon

He also put everyone on earth into a peaceful state of mind, temporarily creating world peace.

lilshogun
I agree, SS from the 90's has shown insane feats such as able to shrink himself into a sub atomic universe, able to detect Thanos from the corners of the Universe. Different writers who explore his powerset made him most gifted matter and energy manipulator in MU. Sheesh, he had feats better than Galactus.Originally posted by Naija boy

the Darkone
Would this version of FS be like normal level Galactus, if so SS is screwed big time, even element FS would give SS hell !?

Don Corleone
Originally posted by the Darkone
Would this version of FS be like normal level Galactus!!!

This version of Firestorm > KMC Flash no expression

nuff said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.