Dr. Fate & Zatanna Vs Dr. Strange & Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Standard Scarlet, non HOM.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35895/774681-ross_dr.fate_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67397/1967879-16_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55309/2137078-dr_strange_by_yamao_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38741/2234532-wwwwwwww_large.jpg

guy222
wanda is still too much my friend

she has the life force

Prep-Man
This is just standard Zatanna and Scarlet.

Odekahn
DC takes this. Wanda almost overloaded from the magic when she crossed over into the DC earth because of it's power. DCs magic is vastly more powerful.

Cogito
Fate wins

Odekahn
Originally posted by Cogito
Fate wins

That's really what it boiled down to for me also, lol.

guy222
Originally posted by Prep-Man
This is just standard Zatanna and Scarlet.

standard wanda shares the life force with doom

if u wanted dc to win, state this is wanda with just hexes

she's too powerful and that's the reason marvel wins

Stoic
Originally posted by Odekahn
DC takes this. Wanda almost overloaded from the magic when she crossed over into the DC earth because of it's power. DCs magic is vastly more powerful.

No, DC simply has more chaos magic than Marvel does, which is what had her readjusting from the exposure. However I think Clea, or Morgan Le Fey (I think that's her name) may have been a better choice than Wanda.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Stoic
No, DC simply has more chaos magic than Marvel does, which is what had her readjusting from the exposure. However I think Clea, or Morgan Le Fey (I think that's her name) may have been a better choice than Wanda.

She wasn't just adjusting, she got an insane power boost.

JakeTheBank
Moot point as JLA/Avengers is inadmissible per forum rules anyway. And that's without saying that Wanda, even before Disassembled and HoM, has operated on a level able to rival Zatanna, too.

Existere
Largely depends on the incarnations of all of these characters - save Zatanna, I guess, though I have no clue what DCnU Zatanna has been up to, if anything.

Which Fate?

Which Strange?

If current Strange, classic Wanda and pre-boot Fate/Zatanna, I'd probably take DC.

guy222
morning all

from guy222 stick out tongue

wanda shares the life force with doom could b directly tie in to the phoenix force that b explained soon

doom>beyonder per the issue before doom was ultimately defeated as he always is when gains power

therefore wanda's power is too much for anyone here

aforementioned, and i do ur threads its no bother whether dc or marvel wins...but tells us if u liked dc to win just say wanda can only use her hexes because in my opinion that's the only way dc will win

JakeTheBank
Even without the Life Force power that Wanda supposedly has, people forget that "classic" Wanda was still pretty formidable.

guy222
afternoon j t b

yes she is

do u think classic wanda with her hexes paired with stephen defeats t1

JakeTheBank
How you doing, guy? Pumped for Wrestlemania?

Honestly, I think that if Fate and Strange are about equal in their respective incarnations, yeah, it's definitely possible Wanda swings it in favor for her team.

Prep-Man
What are Wanda's high end feats? Zatanna has taken it to universal level reality warpers and cosmic beings who can eat up the universe.

JakeTheBank
Wanda's high end feats include omniversal reality warping and apparently being linked to a power source which is beyond that of the Beyonder's.

Prep-Man
Scans? Was this before or after HOM? And can she be stopped by high end Zatanna spells?

PillarofOsiris
If this is Kent Nelson, put Zatanna on team 2 to make it somewhat fair.

JakeTheBank
Before HoM, it was implied that Wanda could grow to be extremely powerful as evidenced by her "Dark" Scarlet Witch phase(s). She was able to, iirc, combat Morgan Le Fay on evenish ground.

After HoM, her powers were confirmed by Doom (who is always right) to be more powerful than the Beyonder's.

High End Wanda would obliterate High End Zatanna, imo.

Prep-Man
True, but not average showings, IMO. Zatanna still has spells to take care of her.

JakeTheBank
True, but not average showings, IMO. Zatanna still has spells to take care of her.

Average showings Wanda likewise has the means to beat Zatanna.

Prep-Man
I'd say Z has more high end spells, so it depends on who gets the first attack off. Even if it is high end wanda.

JakeTheBank
High End Wanda would think, and Z wouldn't live anymore, if she would even exist to begin with.

Prep-Man
And Z has her own high end spells that could take care of high end beings.

JakeTheBank
She has a spell that can take down Wanda at the height of her power? Before Wanda literally blinks her out of existence?

Prep-Man
You'd have to show me a scan of Wanda's durability, because she does have spells to put down the likes of Starbreaker. And Z is extremely skilled. Skilled enough to do most of her spells with just a thought.

JakeTheBank
You'd have to show me a scan of Wanda's durability, because she does have spells to put down the likes of Starbreaker. And Z is extremely skilled. Skilled enough to do most of her spells with just a thought.

She was killed by Hawkeye, decided she didn't want to stay dead, and brought herself back to life prior to waving him away. At her higher levels, durability doesn't mean anything to her as she's basically having forced butt sex with reality itself.

I know Zatanna can cast spells without speaking, but 9/10 times her most potent spells will require an incantation. More than enough time for Wanda to decide she doesn't want Z to exist anymore.

Prep-Man
She only does that because it helps her concentrate, but it's not a necessity. Anyway, this is average showings for every character.

JakeTheBank
Which brings us back to square 1. stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Fate/Strange is a toss up, i think. Strange would get the majority over current Fate, but if it's hector, I see him taking it. Z and Scarlet would be a tossup for me as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.