Wolverine and Sabertooth vs Fat Cobra and Steel Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Wolverine and Sabes are both berserk, Sabes has adamantium.

Who wins?

guy222
t2 stands no chance

cdtm
Originally posted by guy222
t2 stands no chance

Just to be clear, this is Davos with access to his ki source, as the Steel Phoenix.

And why don't they stand a chance? Fat Cobra's a close fight with Iron Fist, and Steel Phoenix, while nowhere near as skilled as Danny, has some nasty ki attacks.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by cdtm
Just to be clear, this is Davos with access to his ki source, as the Steel Phoenix.

And why don't they stand a chance? Fat Cobra's a close fight with Iron Fist, and Steel Phoenix, while nowhere near as skilled as Danny, has some nasty ki attacks.

It could be because Wolverine done quite fine against chi ampers when he fought them. He also was described by Iron Fist on the verge oif killing Junzo. Junzo was and Iron Fist. And Sabre-tooth just a less skilled but stronger, faster Wolverine.

cdtm
That was just garbage writing.. Junzo is supposed to be faster than Danny, he should be blitzing Wolverine like he's standing still (Considering Danny can keep up with Spidey, and Wolverine's more on a slower Captain America's level..)

That entire Wolverine/Iron Fist run was pretty bad. The writers even had Danny complain about being less popular than Spidey and how he can't banter with his bad guys because ninja's don't talk, making it obvious they wished they were writing for Spidey, and probably could care less about Iron Fist...

cdtm
So, no one else?

Fat Cobra's a pretty awesome character, there must be some fans around here. big grin

His issue in that Immortal Weapons run was one of the best single issue comics ever..

Existere
That was just garbage writing.. Junzo is supposed to be faster than Danny, he should be blitzing Wolverine like he's standing still (Considering Danny can keep up with Spidey, and Wolverine's more on a slower Captain America's level..)
lol, and now you've set the topic for the entire thread.

cdtm
Originally posted by Existere
lol, and now you've set the topic for the entire thread.

Probably. sad

But it's at least accepted Spidey is faster than Wolverine, right?

Right?

OneDumbG0

That entire Wolverine/Iron Fist run was pretty bad. The writers even had Danny complain about being less popular than Spidey and how he can't banter with his bad guys because ninja's don't talk, making it obvious they wished they were writing for Spidey, and probably could care less about Iron Fist... Junzo is a red herring. Luke Cage was pretty much the only one who got a solid hit on him that entire arc. That doesn't make Luke Cage more skillful than both Wolverine and Iron Fist.

Parmaniac
That entire Wolverine/Iron Fist run was pretty bad. The writers even had Danny complain about being less popular than Spidey and how he can't banter with his bad guys because ninja's don't talk, making it obvious they wished they were writing for Spidey, and probably could care less about Iron Fist... Issue name + number? Sounds like pure gold to me.

Nietzschean
Wolverine and Sabe ftw

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
It could be because Wolverine done quite fine against chi ampers when he fought them. He also was described by Iron Fist on the verge oif killing Junzo. Junzo was and Iron Fist.

I'm glad this came up again, because it's completely exaggerated. I actually read that issue now and saw Logan's brief fight with Junzo. He was NEVER on the verge of killing him. He tried to tackle him, then the following occurs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63560350@N06/6998091605/in/photostream

That's the ENTIRE fight. Wolvie never lands a single blow. Danny's comment clearly refers to Wolvie's intentions, not the action.

Dream Stuff
Back to the topic:

My money's on team 2. AOE and ranged attacks FTW. Given team 1's durability, this could take all day, but it would be funny to watch.

guy222

adamantium sabes correct

along with logan

seems easy to me who wins

ur opinion is different that's ok

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
I'm glad this came up again, because it's completely exaggerated. I actually read that issue now and saw Logan's brief fight with Junzo. He was NEVER on the verge of killing him. He tried to tackle him, then the following occurs:

That's the ENTIRE fight. Wolvie never lands a single blow. Danny's comment clearly refers to Wolvie's intentions, not the action. Classic

Bouboumaster
Team 1 murder Team 2.

Team 2 don't have the firepower to beat Team 1. Team either outlast Team 2, or gut them.

cdtm

That's the ENTIRE fight. Wolvie never lands a single blow. Danny's comment clearly refers to Wolvie's intentions, not the action.

And again, lets keep in mind this is someone who repeatedly thrashed Iron Fist.

And yet, Night Thrasher held his own!

Like I said, crap writing through and through.

And it's not even the fights that really bother me, it's the entire package.. The story's just dull, uninspired, doesn't make a lot of sense.. (The villains big plan is to bring K'un-Lun into Tokyo and use it to take over the world..? confused )

cdtm
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Issue name + number? Sounds like pure gold to me.

I'll do one better and post the scan: wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/12-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/13.jpg

That's from Iron Fist/Wolverine #1.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 1 murder Team 2.

Team 2 don't have the firepower to beat Team 1. Team either outlast Team 2, or gut them.

How much firepower does it take to get a 10 count, really? Steel Serpent didnt get a lot of feats, but both he and Fat Cobra have AOE and ranged attacks. Cobra especially can dish them out as often as he feels like without breaking a sweat. That gives them a pretty good advantage over melee-only opponents.

cdtm
How much firepower does it take to get a 10 count, really? Steel Serpent didnt get a lot of feats, but both he and Fat Cobra have AOE and ranged attacks. Cobra especially can dish them out as often as he feels like without breaking a sweat. That gives them a pretty good advantage over melee-only opponents.

And there's the fact Davos without the Iron Fist power or access to the ki he had in Immortal Iron Fist was still more than a match for Spider Man in Marvel Team Up.

This weakest version of Davos was super humanly strong and fast, catching a kick from Spidey in one hand, using him as a club to knock away Danny, and throwing him into a tree.

cdtm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Junzo is a red herring. Luke Cage was pretty much the only one who got a solid hit on him that entire arc. That doesn't make Luke Cage more skillful than both Wolverine and Iron Fist.

Good point.

Not to mention, this same writing team had Night Thrasher hold his own with Junzo in New Warriors, doing better than anybody.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.