Wolverine vs Spider Man (Twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Sparring match, like Iron Fist and Wolverine had in New Avengers.

Spidey can only use his kung fu, no webbing.

Kid Kurdy
And no claws for Wolverine I take it ?

Spider-Mans wins.

Odekahn
Wolverine

cdtm
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
And no claws for Wolverine I take it ?

Spider-Mans wins.

Yes, no claws either.

Sr J-Bieb
Spider-Man claws Wolverine's face off and then punches it down his throat

BlackZero30x
without his claws wolverines best option is to get the crap beat out of him no expression...........

JakeTheBank
Spider-Man.

Bouboumaster
Whatever the stipulations, the badass (Wolverine) stomp the annoying emo (Spider-Man).

JayDaDon
Spidey

srankmissingnin
Wolverine.

Existere
Spider-Man.

abhilegend
Spidey beat the crap out of logan.

Mshinu
Wolvie gives bugboy an oil check.

Cogito
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Whatever the stipulations, the badass (Spider-Man) stomp the annoying emo (Wolverine).

Existere
For arguments sake, wouldn't that just be a feat of having an unbreakable body and stupid grip strength?

Good feat though.

Nietzschean
Wolverine.
Spiderman would tire before Logan.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Wolverine.
Spiderman would tire before Logan.
Not really.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Whatever the stipulations, the badass (Wolverine) stomp the annoying emo (Spider-Man).

How's spidey emo? And we all know Logan just tries waaaaay too hard. Being badass shouldn't take so much effort....

stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Not really.

Really.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Really.
I can't remember even one fight where Spider-Man said: that's it, I'm too tired too fight. It's very rare to see him really tired.

Of course, Wolverines stamina is no joke, and it's probably even bigger than Spider-Mans stamina, but it's not a big difference, and in this fight it definitely won't be the deciding factor.

srankmissingnin
I can't remember even one fight where Spider-Man said: that's it, I'm too tired too fight. It's very rare to see him really tired.

Of course, Wolverines stamina is no joke, and it's probably even bigger than Spider-Mans stamina, but it's not a big difference, and in this fight it definitely won't be the deciding factor.

Can you remember a time when Robin said: that's it, I'm too tired too fight. It's very rare to see him really tired?

Does Robin have comparable stamina to Wolverine too?

SamZED
Can you remember a time when Robin said: that's it, I'm too tired too fight. It's very rare to see him really tired?

Does Robin have comparable stamina to Wolverine too? Robin doesn't. Spider-man however does. If I had to choose who has better stamina id probably go with Logan. But IF I wanted to make an argument in Spider-man's favor I'd do it with ease. So comparable is not a bad word to use here.

Parmaniac
Spider-man ran 3 days non stop trough NY saving citizens then fought Vermin and then took on hammer amped Thing.

Wolverine is not going to tire him out, one of the 2 falls from fight caused damage first.

Nietzschean
so did Batman if not longer. he still slowed down and wasnt at his prime speed.
simply saying well he has bn awake doesnt mean he is operating at optimal speed and full potential. erm

funny cause I have actually seen spiderman get exhausted in fights in comics..

Parmaniac
simply saying well he has bn awake doesnt mean he is operating at optimal speed and full potential. erm

funny cause I have actually seen spiderman get exhausted in fights in comics.. funny I can say the same for Wolverine, same for being drugged and mindraped another myth that should never happen.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Parmaniac
funny I can say the same for Wolverine, same for being drugged and mindraped another myth that should never happen. good thing that I am not making the argument for either drugged and mindrape and has no bearing to the argument that Spiderman can and most likely will get tired in an all out prolong fight with wolverine.

SamZED

funny cause I have actually seen spiderman get exhausted in fights in comics.. Batman to my knowledge never had to relive most if not all fight he's ever had in his life one after another without rest. And if he did I'd gladly admit he has better stamina than Spider-man. Peter actually did that. With proper motivation he can fight for days nonstop.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by SamZED
Batman to my knowledge never had to relive most if not all fight he's ever had in his life one after another without rest. And if he did I'd gladly admit he has better stamina than Spider-man. Peter actually did that. With proper motivation he can fight for days nonstop. I recall the issue of spiderman on his single minded quest getting naps on balcony and walls while on his one man quest to halt crime. come on now that is completely different than actually staying fully awake let alone fighting for hours non stop against opponents after opponents with no rest whatsoever which waiting around and sitting on walls is a break whether u like it or not.

SamZED
I recall the issue of spiderman on his single minded quest getting naps on balcony and walls while on his one man quest to halt crime. come on now that is completely different than actually staying fully awake let alone fighting for hours non stop against opponents after opponents with no rest whatsoever which waiting around and sitting on walls is a break whether u like it or not. Dont know what example you're talking about. There were several examples of him fighting crime for days non stop without rest or sleep. But I agree that's not the same. The example im talking about had him fight one battle RIGHT after another without getting even a second to rest. He was stranded in time and had to relive every major supervillain fight he's ever had. And he did. Im sorry but comparing him to Robin is an insult.

cdtm

With all the web swinging he does, he'd need good stamina.

They could both probably go all day, without slowing down.

Nietzschean
Dont know what example you're talking about. There were several examples of him fighting crime for days non stop without rest or sleep. But I agree that's not the same. The example im talking about had him fight one battle RIGHT after another without getting even a second to rest. He was stranded in time and had to relive every major supervillain fight he's ever had. And he did. Im sorry but comparing him to Robin is an insult. I didnt compare him to Robin.

but I guess Robin and Spiderman are more comparable than Batman and Spiderman.

wink

SamZED
I didnt compare him to Robin.

but I guess Robin are more comparable than Batman and Spiderman.

wink Heh. If we're talking Teen Titans Robin (TAS) then yeah lol He's what Superman wishes to be when he grows up.

cdtm
Heh. If we're talking Teen Titans Robin (TAS) then yeah lol He's what Superman wishes to be when he grows up.

I think Timm-verse Batman could have taken him, considering how he did against Kalibak. But yeah, TTTAS was pretty overpowered.

They should have had Slade be a TTTAS Batman in disguise, testing Robin...

JakeTheBank
I remember that one episode where Slade was trying to turn Robin to the darkside and said he'd be like a father to him or something, to which Robin replies he already had a father, at which point a bunch of bats randomly screech and flap around the place.

Nice homage/reference to Batman.

SamZED
The comicbook based on that show actually did feature Batman. Sadly he never appeared on the show. Also Batgirl should've appeared at some point to amuse Starfire. They lost an opportunity to make some ex-gf jokes.

Sigh as silly as that show was I liked it better than any other comic-based show. That includes JLA and 90's Spider-man. Crazy I know...

Parmaniac
Sigh as silly as that show was I liked it better than any other comic-based show. That includes JLA and 90's Spider-man. Crazy I know... Reported

SamZED
laughing out loud I know I know

But Beast Boy Raven are comedy gold.

StiltmanFTW
That includes JLA and 90's Spider-man. Crazy I know...

no expression

lilshogun
Spiderman is too elusive for Logan plus by stats Spidey is way too strong. He is a class 10 ton and Logan?

BlackZero30x
The comicbook based on that show actually did feature Batman. Sadly he never appeared on the show. Also Batgirl should've appeared at some point to amuse Starfire. They lost an opportunity to make some ex-gf jokes.

Sigh as silly as that show was I liked it better than any other comic-based show. That includes JLA and 90's Spider-man. Crazy I know...

90's Spiderman was my FAVORITE super hero cartoon but that may have been because right up into my teens Spidy was the greatest lol! I also watched The X-Men, The old Fantastic Four, Ironman, Hulk, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, The Averngers (I didn't really like it), WildCats, and The Silver Surfer(although I feel it wasn't all that great). Oooh and who could forget the The WB Kids Batman/Superman hour?!

I still watch any of these when ever I catch them except Spiderman as I own the series lol

srankmissingnin
Batman to my knowledge never had to relive most if not all fight he's ever had in his life one after another without rest. And if he did I'd gladly admit he has better stamina than Spider-man. Peter actually did that. With proper motivation he can fight for days nonstop.

I would say on the whole Knight Fall is a better litmus test for stamina than Amazing Spider-man 500. Spider-man relived a few seconds of each fight before he jumped to the next. Peter was already complaining about being exhausted, and having slow reflexes in the very first fight he had to relive, so it's not that he wasn't getting tired or is stamina wasn't failing, he was running on fumes... he kept going on pure will power... because that's what super heroes do. Wolverine will be going 100% long after Spider-man starts to slow down, no question about it. If Spider-man comes at Wolverine exhausted, with his reflexes slowed, he gets put down.

SamZED
I would say on the whole Knight Fall is a better litmus test for stamina than Amazing Spider-man 500. Spider-man relived a few seconds of each fight before he jumped to the next. Peter was already complaining about being exhausted, and having slow reflexes in the very first fight he had to relive, so it's not that he wasn't getting tired or is stamina wasn't failing, he was running on fumes... he kept going on pure will power... because that's what super heroes do. Wolverine will be going 100% long after Spider-man starts to slow down, no question about it. If Spider-man comes at Wolverine exhausted, with his reflexes slowed, he gets put down. That's.. one hellova way to downplay a feat. Im sorry but I dont know what else to call it... Spider-man was already injured. Then he literally went through dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of battles against opponents (some of them much MUCH deadiler than an unarmed Wolverine) and he battled every single one of them for God knows how long. Dont just assume seconds, the time varied in every battle. Heck even if its just 15 seconds (which it wasnt) for every supervillain fight he's ever had EVEN THEN itd still mean he fought for days. What is that if not a display of stamina? To say that Spider-man will get exausted from fighting Logan faster than one of them gets koed is wishfull thinking. Logan has fought OR for a long period of time. Spider-man fought (arguably) even longer than that. Against many different villains and did great. And now we're just supposed to assume he's going to get exausted from only one battle and somehow there's no question about it? Sorry, but that sounds like a biased opinion and I disagree with it. And im talking classic Spidey.

As for the current ill wait untill we see more from him. Also i want to make sure other writers stay true to Slott's upgrade before I come to any conclusions. Because right now we dont how good of a combatant he is. We do know however that he's capable of sbitblitzing 4 supervillains who all have spider powers and we know his training made him >>> an upgraded Kain speed-wise. In other words >>>> his old self.

srankmissingnin
That's.. one hellova way to downplay a feat. Im sorry but I dont know what else to call it... Spider-man was already injured. Then he literally went through dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of battles against opponents (some of them much MUCH deadiler than an unarmed Wolverine) and he battled every single one of them for God knows how long. Dont just assume seconds, the time varied in every battle. Heck even if its just 15 seconds (which it wasnt) for every supervillain fight he's ever had EVEN THEN itd still mean he fought for days. What is that if not a display of stamina? To say that Spider-man will get exausted from fighting Logan faster than one of them gets koed is wishfull thinking. Logan has fought OR for a long period of time. Spider-man fought (arguably) even longer than that. Against many different villains and did great. And now we're just supposed to assume he's going to get exausted from only one battle and somehow there's no question about it? Sorry, but that sounds like a biased opinion and I disagree with it. And im talking classic Spidey.

As for the current ill wait untill we see more from him. Also i want to make sure other writers stay true to Slott's upgrade before I come to any conclusions. Because right now we dont how good of a combatant he is. We do know however that he's capable of sbitblitzing 4 supervillains who all have spider powers and we know his training made him >>> an upgraded Kain speed-wise. In other words >>>> his old self.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was accurate assessment of the feat you referenced. You can blow it up and pretend it was more than it was if you'd like, playing it up like relived the entirety of every fight he ever had, but what we where actually shown on panel is Spider-man very briefly reliving some past battles before shuffling forward to a new one. That's not an assuming... that's what happened. Why should I assume - like you do apparently - that the fights from the montage splash page lasted longer than the ones the writer actually decided to detail? We were shown with the effects of the time travel gauntlet was, and it was a few seconds of combat and then off to the next one... and Spider-man was complaining about being slow and tired the moment it started. Batman went days without sleep during Knightfall, and I think it a more impressive feat of stamina than Amazing Spider-man 500.

After some sustained combat Spider-man will start to slow down (assuming Wolverine hasn't already put Parker to sleep, which is a distinct possibility), but Wolverine won't. That's how stamina factors in. Spider-man isn't going to pass out from exhaustion, no one said or even implied that he would, but he will start to slow down before Wolverine does, and once that happens, once the lactic acid starts to build up in his muscles and has cardio starts to go the end result will be Wolverine will land more hits... which will eventually put Pete down. So whoever said Spider-man doesn't have the cardio to beat Wolverine is right.

Every member of the Avengers beat dozens of Spider powered people during Spider-Island... they were practically AIM level fodder.

YFZ 350
Logan wins.

Mindset
Spiderman punches the x-gene out of Wolverine.

OneDumbG0
Pretty close match.

lilshogun
If Logan is susceptible to being KO, I wil take Spidey due to his uncanny agility and speed along with his spidey senses.

cdtm
I'm backing SamZED's arguments.

Because he has Azula as an avatar, not because I buy into what he's saying. big grin

JayDaDon
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Every member of the Avengers beat dozens of Spider powered people during Spider-Island... they were practically AIM level fodder.

Didn't spidey speedblitz a room full of these spider-powered people like they were nothing?

SamZED
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was accurate assessment of the feat you referenced. You can blow it up and pretend it was more than it was if you'd like, playing it up like relived the entirety of every fight he ever had, but what we where actually shown on panel is Spider-man very briefly reliving some past battles before shuffling forward to a new one. That's not an assuming... that's what happened. Why should I assume - like you do apparently - that the fights from the montage splash page lasted longer than the ones the writer actually decided to detail? We were shown with the effects of the time travel gauntlet was, and it was a few seconds of combat and then off to the next one... and Spider-man was complaining about being slow and tired the moment it started. Batman went days without sleep during Knightfall, and I think it a more impressive feat of stamina than Amazing Spider-man 500.

After some sustained combat Spider-man will start to slow down (assuming Wolverine hasn't already put Parker to sleep, which is a distinct possibility), but Wolverine won't. That's how stamina factors in. Spider-man isn't going to pass out from exhaustion, no one said or even implied that he would, but he will start to slow down before Wolverine does, and once that happens, once the lactic acid starts to build up in his muscles and has cardio starts to go the end result will be Wolverine will land more hits... which will eventually put Pete down. So whoever said Spider-man doesn't have the cardio to beat Wolverine is right.

Every member of the Avengers beat dozens of Spider powered people during Spider-Island... they were practically AIM level fodder. Yeah, not your first "accurate assessment" aimed at downplaying other characters. Despite your.. lets call it a "unique perspective" for the lack of better words .. what was ACTUALLY show is Spider-man not just going through random battles he had in the past. He was re-living his entire superhero career and it was pretty clear. He started with with his first encounter with Vulture and the school fight with Sandman. Those are ASM #2 and #4 iirc. Then to his first battle with Electro. In the later pages we see him fight Electro once again. So it wasnt just one fight per villain, he fought the Green Golbin several times, had to try and save Gwen again, re-live his battle with Morlun. He even had to lift that hugeass chunk of metal, one of his most well-know lifting feats when he was trying to save Aunt May. Last time it took him an hour (like two issues) to lift that thing and the attempt almost killed him. This time it was just ONE of the many things he's done. He then fought the Hulk, there's a page that shows him fighting more characters than you can count. The whole story was clearly showing him re-living his ENTIRE superhero career. At least its clear for anyone who's been following his entire career. And you can only speculate how long each fight lasted. Again, the time varied in every battle, in some of the fights he had to just hold his own, in others he had to win in order to go further and that was shown on-panel. Just like when he fought Electro and had to lift that chunk of metal - he didnt go further in time until he won and performed the lifting feat. How many other fights out of the hundreds he actually had to win to go further? And how many feats to re-live? We can only guess but no matter how you look at it, no matter how you try to spin this in Wolverine's favor you can't prove he has a better stamina. That feat alone shows that Spider-man can fight for as long as it takes. And even in that state he didn't fight some nobodies. He fought Venom, Carnage, Hulk etc etc non-stop for what seems to be days (although we cant tell as he was stranded in time). But nevermind all that, now fighting an unarmed Wolverine will be the ultimate test of his stamina... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, stamina factor that doesnt exist. But there are factors that do exist. Like speed/agility/strength advantages Spider-man has. While I admit Logan stands a much better chance of tagging Spider-man with his fists than he does with his claws, Pete is the one who'll be landing most of the hits. And concidering they're class 20 punches/kicks/pressurepoint attacks Logan will be knocked out long before Pete gets tired. And unlike the graveyard fight Logan wont be taking these (PIS free/CIS free) class 20 attacks with a smile.

Avengers had trouble fighting them, and they were ordinary humans who gained spider powers. The ones Spider-man spitblitzed were already supervillains before the spier island. Pete even commented there's a huge difference between beating up some random thugs with spider powers and actual supervillains with spider powers. And yet, he put all of them down with pressurepoint attacks before any of them could blink. Also what about Kain? He's also a cannon fodder? He already has Spider-man's stats that were upgraded more. Spider-man beat the livving crap outta him the second his spider sense kicked nack in. Speedblitzed him before Kain could do anything about it.

SamZED
Originally posted by cdtm
I'm backing SamZED's arguments.

Because he has Azula as an avatar, not because I buy into what he's saying. big grin lol Azula kicks ass. Crazy hot (literally hot) chicks FTW! big grin

JayDaDon
^Legend of Korra is coming next month. You excited?

srankmissingnin
Yeah, not your first "accurate assessment" aimed at downplaying other characters. Despite your.. lets call it a "unique perspective" for the lack of better words .. what was ACTUALLY show is Spider-man not just going through random battles he had in the past. He was re-living his entire superhero career and it was pretty clear. He started with with his first encounter with Vulture and the school fight with Sandman. Those are ASM #2 and #4 iirc. Then to his first battle with Electro. In the later pages we see him fight Electro once again. So it wasnt just one fight per villain, he fought the Green Golbin several times, had to try and save Gwen again, re-live his battle with Morlun. He even had to lift that hugeass chunk of metal, one of his most well-know lifting feats when he was trying to save Aunt May. Last time it took him an hour (like two issues) to lift that thing and the attempt almost killed him. This time it was just ONE of the many things he's done. He then fought the Hulk, there's a page that shows him fighting more characters than you can count. The whole story was clearly showing him re-living his ENTIRE superhero career. At least its clear for anyone who's been following his entire career. And you can only speculate how long each fight lasted. Again, the time varied in every battle, in some of the fights he had to just hold his own, in others he had to win in order to go further and that was shown on-panel. Just like when he fought Electro and had to lift that chunk of metal - he didnt go further in time until he won and performed the lifting feat. How many other fights out of the hundreds he actually had to win to go further? And how many feats to re-live? We can only guess but no matter how you look at it, no matter how you try to spin this in Wolverine's favor you can't prove he has a better stamina. That feat alone shows that Spider-man can fight for as long as it takes. And even in that state he didn't fight some nobodies. He fought Venom, Carnage, Hulk etc etc non-stop for what seems to be days (although we cant tell as he was stranded in time). But nevermind all that, now fighting an unarmed Wolverine will be the ultimate test of his stamina... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, stamina factor that doesnt exist. But there are factors that do exist. Like speed/agility/strength advantages Spider-man has. While I admit Logan stands a much better chance of tagging Spider-man with his fists than he does with his claws, Pete is the one who'll be landing most of the hits. And concidering they're class 20 punches/kicks/pressurepoint attacks Logan will be knocked out long before Pete gets tired. And unlike the graveyard fight Logan wont be taking these (PIS free/CIS free) class 20 attacks with a smile.

Avengers had trouble fighting them, and they were ordinary humans who gained spider powers. The ones Spider-man spitblitzed were already supervillains before the spier island. Pete even commented there's a huge difference between beating up some random thugs with spider powers and actual supervillains with spider powers. And yet, he put all of them down with pressurepoint attacks before any of them could blink. Also what about Kain? He's also a cannon fodder? He already has Spider-man's stats that were upgraded more. Spider-man beat the livving crap outta him the second his spider sense kicked nack in. Speedblitzed him before Kain could do anything about it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Buddy the narrative jumps from Amazing Spider-man 33 all the way to the Amazing Fantasy 122 in one time skip. That is not Spider-man "re-living his entire superhero career" as you claimed it was, that is a gab of 90 issues. Even the first few fights he relived, which did happen to coincide with the first few issues of Amazing Spider-man, were not in order. You originally claimed Spider-man relived every fight he every had one after another without rest, and if that isn't an blatant lie it is - at the very least - INCREDIBLY disingenuous. You have an agenda and you are letting your agenda colour your opinion of what happened in that issue. Your statement was (and is) incredibly misleading, Spider-man relived a few seconds of each fight and then jumped to the next event... hell he didn't even fight Mysterio before he jumped unto the Hulk. One of the jumps was just him talking to Betty Brant for a few seconds! I'm not "downplaying" the feat, you are over hyping it to an INSANE degree, which is obvious to anyone who has read the issue you are talking about.

No that is exactly what will happen. Wolverine will shrug off everything Pete throws at him with a smile on his face.

He took down White Rabbit, Chance and Scorcher. Wow. eek!

Because those Z String "super villains" are a huge step up from random civies?

Kaine had Spider-man pinned on a cat walk hanging over a giant vat of plot device. Spider-man's spider-sense kicked back in and he hit Kaine twice and knocked him of the cat walk into that giant vat of plot device... Awesome? Stop exaggerating every little thing why don't ya? You are making yourself look bad.

Parmaniac
Kaine had Spider-man pinned on a cat walk hanging over a giant vat of plot device. Spider-man's spider-sense kicked back in and he hit Kaine twice and knocked him of the cat walk into that giant vat of plot device... Awesome? Stop exaggerating every little thing why don't ya? You are making yourself look bad. Wolverine "speedblitzing" Ragnarok

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Wolverine "speedblitzing" Ragnarok

He charged Ragarok before he could react... how would you describe it? Dude is even shown stationary for multiple panels more than once during the exchange while Wolverine is implementing his attack.

Metalmanx
Let's not forget when Spidey went for two days straight fighting crime all over the city when Jameson first took the office of mayor. He didn't even realize he'd been going for so long, said he was still full of energy.

And then during Fear Itself when he was going non-stop for over three days, fighting crime, saving civilians, oh, and fighting a hammered-up Thing and not letting up.

I'm not arguing that Spidey has better stamina than Wolverine. That would be dumb. All I'm saying is that in a fight under these parameters, I don't believe stamina will play much of a role. Whatever the outcome, I don't believe the fight will last long enough for either combatant to actually become fatigued.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I'm not arguing that Spidey has better stamina than Wolverine. That would be dumb. All I'm saying is that in a fight under these parameters, I don't believe stamina will play much of a role. Whatever the outcome, I don't believe the fight will last long enough for either combatant to actually become fatigued. Originally posted by Parmaniac
Spider-man ran 3 days non stop trough NY saving citizens then fought Vermin and then took on hammer amped Thing.

Wolverine is not going to tire him out, one of the 2 falls from fight caused damage first. thumb up

SamZED

srankmissingnin

OneDumbG0
He charged Ragarok before he could react... how would you describe it? Dude is even shown stationary for multiple panels more than once during the exchange while Wolverine is implementing his attack. He leapt at Ragnrok while Ragnarok was summoning lightning onto the group?

Placidity
Srank trying to overtake Battlehammer. Will have to try harder.

SamZED
Ok.. first of all, Srank. Let me start by appologizing. I realised some of the things I said were harsh and uncalled for. Didnt mean to make things personal, dont normally do that and we usually get along. So again Sorry. But I still disagree with your posts and say you're lowballing Spider-man. So back to the topic.

Or... you know... the writer could have stated it in the narration? Or shown it in the art instead of having Spider-man jump haphazardly to different events out of sequential order that were almost a 100 issues apart in some cases?

I'm not low balling the feat, you however were purposely embellishing it and leaving out details... so I corrected you. What you said is that he relived all the fights from is past. He didn't. He relived small sections of some of his fights... and that is a HUGE difference from what you said. What was shown, on panel, is Spider-man being forced to relive a few seconds of some fights / events from his past, before jumping to the next one. That is not my opinion, that is an objective fact.

Days? Where are you getting that number from? Lets say conservatively there is 130 fights represented on the splash page (30 in the foreground and 100 in the back ground), so we end up with 139 once we included the original 9 that are shown in detail. Then lets say that each of those jumps lasted on average a minute (which is overly generous, I'm thinking 15-30 seconds tops), and that each one of the 139 fights represents another 10 that took place of panel. That's 23 hours. And I think that even that is a stretch.

He didn't blitz Kaine, and least not on the part you are talking about. I suppose maybe you could say he did in the initial panel when he was Nightwinging across the page... but that isn't an argument I'd make as the narrative clearly stats that Kaine is faster than Spider-man on that very page. Not to mention Kaine basically one shots him after saying he's seen all the moves Spider-man was bragging about. I never said Vet had anything to do with anything. I said Scorcher, Chance and White Rabbit were Z String nobodies that barely register as a threat. They aren't even Shocker level villains... remind me... did Spider-man effortlessly blitz Spider-Shocker? No... no he didn't. I have to day, I do think it is a amusing that you are accusing me of low balling for pointing out the context you conveniently forget to mention every time you start singing Spider-man's praise.

And unfortunately for Spider-man, Wolverine is at his best too. Logan can eat punches from the Hulk. Hulk is like 50 thousand times stronger than Spider-man, it would literally take Spider-man all day to even start accumulating the same level of damage Hulk slings with a single blow. Even if Wolverine was only capable of taking on blow from the Hulk before going down (which we know is not the case), his damage soak would still be too much for a Spider-man caliber opponent.

FYI Each one of Spider-man's punches in Hide Tide were stated as being able to level cars.
OR it's possible possibility the writer assumed the readers are smart enough to understsand something that should be obvious. He doesnt have to chew everything for us in the narration. And it WAS shown in the art.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3271/95057738.jpg

Then there's this.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2031/74061164.jpg

If the writer wanted to make his intentions even 1% clearer he'd then have to personally come into every readers home and say "Clearly that's what's shown in the issue. Did I really have to come all the way here, thought it should be obvious to anybody."
That said I dont mean to insult your intelligence by assuming you dont get the writer's intetnions and do not realise why this is a crazy stamina feat. I know you do, its just your self-preservation instinct kicking in. First you say you don't lowball Spider-man then you say things like:
"He took down White Rabbit, Chance and Scorcher. Wow." while ignoring they all had spider-man's stats and the overall impressiveness of MA skills Spider-man demonstrated in that scene.
A 1/10 a second pressurepoint speedblitz of 3 very fast superhumans and your natural responce - "not impressive" and then you say you're not lowballing the character.
Then there's
"he hit Kaine twice and knocked him of the cat walk into that giant vat of plot device" at the same time you forget he speedblitzed him twice and landed like 5 hits for one of Kaine's hit. Even in your last post you try to excuse Kaine getting hit 5 times by saying that he later tagged Spider-man once. As I said. Lowballing.

Then there's ASM500 that shows Spider-man re-live like hundred fights in a raw and your responce "not a feat of stamina and not impressive"
And then you once again claim you're not lowballing anything. erm
Seriously, if you applied the same tactics with Silver Surder we'd be talking about mexican sledgehammers and cosmic armbars right now. Basically your debating tactics conceringing Spider-man comes down to either "nu-uh", "not impressed" or claiming "PIS!" for every feat you dont like. And that's a really bad tactics.

Great. Let's ignore all of Spider-man's feats because he didnt try to speedblitz Shocker. erm
Spider-man did speedblitz Kaine and if what Wolverine did to Ragnrok qualifies as speedblitz in your book then what Spider-man did to Kaine should be concidered the mother of all speedblitzes. I dont care what Spider-man said or thought, I care what was shown on-panel and its this:
The first time Spider-man landed several (afterimages included) hits before Kaine managed to land one. The second time Spider-man went tornado on Kaine's ass then kicked him into the Vet all before Kaine cold even raise a finger. Even though Spider-man was blinded and Kaine was in a better position. And somehow its still not impressive in your book.

And yet in the graveyard scene, Spider-man's punches couldnt even crack a tombstone or kill an ordinary human female in one shot. What's shown on-panel >>> Spider-man's narration. Wonder what would've happened to that tombstone or Charlie if Spider-man hit her this hard. One thing for sure, Logan wouldnt be smiling either.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5420/amazingspiderman.jpg

So a) In that fight Spider-man punches weren't anywhere near his best. And b) He punches even harder these days than he was back then.

I know Wolverine is at his best, good for him. His best doesnt enable him to sit there all day and take Spider-man's punches. And "he took punches from Hulk" argument does not prove that. Here's why - imagine you're being punched by either Spider-man or Hulk. Do you think you'll feel the difference? Both punches will take your head clean off. And while Logan is not me, nor you, has superhuman stats and healing factor his brain still CAN be damaged by either class 100 or class 20 attacks. With class 20 it would just take longer because he'll be healing the damage faster. But that does not make him unkoable. It was never that way and he was never shown that way. So no, he cant shrug off Spider-man's punches. And he sure as hell not wearing Spider-man off in a fist fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.