Looper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7973/looper.jpg

http://io9.com/5894172/get-a-first-glimpse-at-the-twisty-action+packed-time-travel-noir-looper

Hmmmm so his future self is played by Bruce Willis.

Myth
Storyline sounds decent. Hopefully the script and the execution is good.

Kazenji
PTyWAfqDrGA

srankmissingnin
Rian Johnson third film. Brick's one of my favorite movies, but I didn't like The Brothers Bloom much... still I hope Looper delivers.

Robtard
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a hitman? Come on.

0mega Spawn
joseph gordon levitt will make a interesting hitman
hes an underrated actor.

but who would kill their future self?
my past self maybe because a paradox could occur where the killer me would survive as he branches off into a different timeline... right? no expression

but my future self hell no that would be suicide no expression

marwash22
killing your future self wouldn't kill present you... it's the opposite.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a hitman? Come on. I said the same thing about Ryan Gosling supposedly being a badass in Drive; if you've seen that movie, you know how differently i feel now.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by marwash22
killing your future self wouldn't kill present you... it's the opposite. it wouldn't kill you but its still suicide considering afterwards you'll have to wait till the day yourself comes & kill you...

Esau Cairn
I like Willis, don't get me wrong.

But whatever the context of the plot is...it's just another excuse to put a gun in Bruce's hands.

nspokes90
still I hope Looper delivers.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Myth
Trailer is out. Looks decent.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Myth
Trailer is out. Looks decent.

and you couldn't post it because??

suppose i'll do it

5kGFyVKmqA0

dbonelli80
I didn't like The Brothers Bloom much... still I hope Looper delivershttp:/http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg/

Myth
Originally posted by Kazenji
and you couldn't post it because??

Because I was feeling lazy at that moment and knew that somebody else would post it rather quickly if I just point out that it was released. My assumption was correct. stick out tongue

wasson66
Hopefully the script and the execution is goodhttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Esau Cairn
Seriously Bruce Willis can single-handedly throw bars of gold in defence!??!

Much less carry several on his back???

I mean in Die Hard With A Vengeance the bad guys had to use 2 hands to lift one bullion at a time much less use a forklift to load them up.

Manchub
1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt needs to be in everything
2. Rian Johnson is a great, great director
3. Bruce Willis in an epic movie again? Yes please... more 12 Monkeys
4. Fills a nice little void in September before the holiday movies rape our minds

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Manchub
1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt needs to be in everything
2. Rian Johnson is a great, great director
3. Bruce Willis in an epic movie again? Yes please... more 12 Monkeys
4. Fills a nice little void in September before the holiday movies rape our minds

Wasn't he the kid from 3rd Rock From The Sun? I guess he's not bad, but i always just think of 3rd Rock when i see him. That show kind of ruined his presence for me, heh..

BruceSkywalker
think i'll pass unless i see this for $5

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a hitman? Come on. Did you not see him kicking ass in Inception?Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I like Willis, don't get me wrong.

But whatever the context of the plot is...it's just another excuse to put a gun in Bruce's hands. You say it like it's a bad thing.Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
think i'll pass unless i see this for $5 You'll see it for full price and you'll like it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
Did you not see him kicking ass in Inception? You say it like it's a bad thing. You'll see it for full price and you'll like it.

nope, a friend of mine owns and operates his own screening room, he just charges $5.. this seems that type of price unless when others see this before me it comes highly recommended

Esau Cairn

Don't get me wrong I like Willis.

But for every Die Hard movie you also get Surrogates, Mercury Rising & Striking Distance...poor excuses to put a gun in Bruce's hands.

BlackZero30x
the make up/prosthetic used to make levitt look like willis only seems to have made him look like the love child the two may produce....

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
nope, a friend of mine owns and operates his own screening room, he just charges $5.. this seems that type of price unless when others see this before me it comes highly recommended You misunderstand me. You'll see this movie opening night if I have to put a gun in your mouth.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Don't get me wrong I like Willis.

But for every Die Hard movie you also get Surrogates, Mercury Rising & Striking Distance...poor excuses to put a gun in Bruce's hands. Those movies didn't look nearly as interesting as this.

Nor did they have this dapper looking mother phucker.

http://www.gq.com/images/entertainment/MOTY/2009/12/joseph-gordon-levitt/joseph-gordon-levitt-moty-2009.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
the make up/prosthetic used to make levitt look like willis only seems to have made him look like the love child the two may produce.... img05

siriuswriter
Joseph Gordon-Levitt ultimately proved he could be a tough guy after his role in TDKR. And he was pretty much typecasted as "dysfunctional teenager/tough" in his teens. This is totally believable to me...

rudester
You misunderstand me. You'll see this movie opening night if I have to put a gun in your mouth.

Those movies didn't look nearly as interesting as this.

Nor did they have this dapper looking mother phucker.

http://www.gq.com/images/entertainment/MOTY/2009/12/joseph-gordon-levitt/joseph-gordon-levitt-moty-2009.jpg

he looks hot there... roll eyes (sarcastic)

BruceSkywalker
You misunderstand me. You'll see this movie opening night if I have to put a gun in your mouth.

nah laughing out loud

Mindset
http://www.gagbay.com/images/2012/07/bane_cat-117771.jpg

Patient_Leech
Well put. This looks okay, but time travel as a plot device gets on my nerves..

Little Caesar
I will bet five bucks that String Theory is not mentioned in this film.

Kazenji
Getting good reception this movie

93% "Certified Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes

On Metacritic, the film holds an 88/100 average rating, indicating "universal acclaim"

star review (denoting 'outstanding') with the latter saying that it's "The best sci-fi movie since Moon. The best time-travel yarn since 12 Monkeys. And one of the best films of 2012."

roughrider
Seeing the Willis-Levitt fight scenes, doesn't this film violate some law of physics? Other time travel films like Back To the Future Part II and Timecop, the danger is mentioned about two similar objects sharing the same space. Ron Silver gets turned to protoplasm by colliding with his past self, and Christopher Lloyd is careful never to touch his past self during a conversation. So...

F*** it, time travel is all theory anyway.

singhadmin
yes may be

singhadmin
movieshunters.com/movie/looper2012/

Ascendancy
This... was definitely one of the most 'intricate' of sci-fi movies I've seen. There manages to be everything from interesting takes on the future, good action, clear character development, comedy and emotion, and a bit more. There are some parts that are more than intense and the kind of things that don't normally make it out of novel form and onto the big screen. I will say that as visceral as they are, those scenes do advance the movie so they aren't pointless. A bit confusing in areas as well, though for the most part it all gets cleared up.

The things that are 'different' in the film seem to be worthwhile and help it to stand apart as its own creature. I also loved that the previews give away almost nothing of the film; you will know more than a basic framework for the premise, but you won't know what's coming next until it happens mostly. Glad someone in Hollywood finally figured out that people don't want to see the whole movie in the trailer.

Like all time travel films you will have to suspend disbelief a bit, though that's easy enough to endure. If you like to think during a movie you'll likely enjoy this.

KingD19
Great movie. Cid is hilarious.

Mindset
This movie is better than any movie made in the last 100 years.

Kazenji
Good movie

and that kid with his tk power's.....crazy

8/10 from me

KingD19
Yeah, that was Cid. He was the strongest TK in history and that's how the Rainmaker took over all 5 Syndicates with no problem. He was essentially a god among men. I died laughing when he looked at Joe and was like, you gonna shoot that guy?

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Kazenji
Good movie

and that kid with his tk power's.....crazy

8/10 from me
I like that they foreshadowed that without giving it away beforehand. Same with where the plot went in general. Friend who went with us hadn't seen a single preview and I don't think I had much up on him in terms of having ideas of where things were going beforehand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.