the blame game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Who is better at creating excuses and blaming others for their failures?

1. Dr. Doom
2. Lex Luthor
3. Thanos
4. The Leader
5. Darkseid

JakeTheBank
Lol @ #6.

Lex Luthor wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol @ #6.

Lex Luthor wins.
Doom wins again.

JakeTheBank
Nah.

Lex wins.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doom wins again. Doom doesn't give excuses, just reasons.

Tony Stark
Obummer by far... He is in a class by himself.

Class JACKASS

rotiart
Originally posted by Brockalizer

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Richard Nixon
4. Meg Whitman
5. George Bush
6. Mitt Romney

0mega Spawn
you all will be looking stupid as hell when newt starts firing lasers from his moon station.

ares834
Originally posted by rotiart

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Richard Nixon
4. Meg Whitman
5. George Bush
6. Mitt Romney

thumb up

Stoic
^ Yep. Obama is basically still trying to unravel the sh1t left behind by peanut head.

rotiart
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
you all will be looking stupid as hell when newt starts firing lasers from his moon station.

Newt wasn't on my list for a reason. No one mentioned him except for you.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Stoic
^ Yep. Obama is basically still trying to unravel the sh1t left behind by peanut head.

Jimmy Carter...?

Stoic
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Jimmy Carter...?

Bush. So by the time he finishes cleaning up his mess Americans may go ahead and vote the republicans back in and we can start all over again. First they would put more taxes on the poor and middle class citizens, and allow the rich to grow richer by encouraging the outsourcing of jobs again. Wow Obama is such a bad guy, after all why should people have free health care?

Bouboumaster
Thanos is a pretty humble dude. He knows where he stands.

I'd say Lex Luthor. Doom is good at it to, but he gots his moments of insight. Sometimes.

Also, c'mon dude. Obama is by far the best president you got in twelve years. Are you telling us that you think that Bush was better at the job that him? Or that there's someone better for it in the bunch of nutjobs that runs for the GOP leadership?

I take two Obama for one Harper, man.

Endless Mike
Has this turned into a political debate now?

Brockalizer
Bush. So by the time he finishes cleaning up his mess Americans may go ahead and vote the republicans back in and we can start all over again. First they would put more taxes on the poor and middle class citizens, and allow the rich to grow richer by encouraging the outsourcing of jobs again. Wow Obama is such a bad guy, after all why should people have free health care? How's the koolaid over there in Jersey? Time for a history lesson. Reagan inheritted a worse economy than Obama did. He didnt piss and moan about it, or keep blaming his predeccessor. He got to work and fixxed it. Why? Because a real leader produces results not excuses. Bush's tax cuts generated more revenues for the government than ever before. The tax cuts didn't tank the economy the housing bubble burst, that is what started the collapse. Guess who decided that not being able to afford a home shouldn't keep people from getting home loans? Here's a hint, it rhymes with Carter. Secondly Obama enjoyed an unbeatable majority in both houses of Congress for the first two years as president yet things got worse, how is that not his/their fault. Finally if free healthcare is so great why are deathrates from common cancers, such as breast and prostate, as much as 50% higher in countries with "free" healcare? Why do millions of Canadians and Europeans chose to come here and pay for treatment every year, rather than stay home and get "free" treatment. Why do people in Canada and Europe have to wait an average of six months for a hip replacement?

abhilegend
Nah.

Lex wins.
Nah.
Doom never looses in a thread.
Doom wins.

Parmaniac
Why do millions of Canadians and Europeans chose to come here and pay for treatment every year, rather than stay home and get "free" treatment. Why do people in Canada and Europe have to wait an average of six months for a hip replacement? It's quite simply, they don't.

Tony Stark
How's the koolaid over there in Jersey? Time for a history lesson. Reagan inheritted a worse economy than Obama did. He didnt piss and moan about it, or keep blaming his predeccessor. He got to work and fixxed it. Why? Because a real leader produces results not excuses. Bush's tax cuts generated more revenues for the government than ever before. The tax cuts didn't tank the economy the housing bubble burst, that is what started the collapse. Guess who decided that not being able to afford a home shouldn't keep people from getting home loans? Here's a hint, it rhymes with Carter. Secondly Obama enjoyed an unbeatable majority in both houses of Congress for the first two years as president yet things got worse, how is that not his/their fault. Finally if free healthcare is so great why are deathrates from common cancers, such as breast and prostate, as much as 50% higher in countries with "free" healcare? Why do millions of Canadians and Europeans chose to come here and pay for treatment every year, rather than stay home and get "free" treatment. Why do people in Canada and Europe have to wait an average of six months for a hip replacement?

yes

Right on the $ brother...

FTR Obummercare isn't even close to being free... It's being paid by the US workers tax dollars.

So for those that aren't working, whether they're acually trying to work and can't find work or if they're just the raping, murdering, theiving, shit where they stand freeloaders also known as OWSers that aren't even trying to find a job are getting it from the people that are busting their hump every day.

That sounds fair right...?

Uriel005
^ Yep. Obama is basically still trying to unravel the sh1t left behind by peanut head. hard to get anything done when Republican party let him win by putting someone like Palin up for vice... They knew the situation was unwinnable and it is a sad day when Sarah Palin is better PR than dealing with winning the Presidency. Combined with the fact that the Republican Party pulls stupid crap like trying to stop a bill based on how many pages it is rather than content... I mean really... Congress pulling a TLDR... also complaining about pork barrel spending ignoring the fact that all pork barrel spending is, is the bribe inserted for opposing senators and congressmen to vote for a bill. So... they don't want to vote for a bill because it has too much excess spending which they put in there because they said it would buy their vote??? Not much sense, but then again this is the same group of people who believe the trickle down theory works in a global economy where few other countries are regulating their business practices... I mean god forbid listening to people who aren't multimillionaire/billionaires who studied macroeconomics and don't stand to gain from putting in a bad policy.

carver9
Bush. So by the time he finishes cleaning up his mess Americans may go ahead and vote the republicans back in and we can start all over again. First they would put more taxes on the poor and middle class citizens, and allow the rich to grow richer by encouraging the outsourcing of jobs again. Wow Obama is such a bad guy, after all why should people have free health care?

I agree with this.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nah.
Doom never looses in a thread.
Doom wins.

Doom can lose in threads. He'd lose a "Who sucks the most?" thread with Lex Luthor. And he loses to Lex in this one, too.

JakeTheBank
Anyway, it's pretty obvious this thread was designed to draw people in to a political debate. Is Obama perfect? Far cry from it. But I'll take him over the bigots and zealots on the far right.

abhilegend
Doom can lose in threads. He'd lose a "Who sucks the most?" thread with Lex Luthor. And he loses to Lex in this one, too.
Nope.
Doom wins all.

rotiart
How's the koolaid over there in Jersey? Time for a history lesson. Reagan inheritted a worse economy than Obama did. He didnt piss and moan about it, or keep blaming his predeccessor. He got to work and fixxed it. Why? Because a real leader produces results not excuses. Bush's tax cuts generated more revenues for the government than ever before. The tax cuts didn't tank the economy the housing bubble burst, that is what started the collapse. Guess who decided that not being able to afford a home shouldn't keep people from getting home loans? Here's a hint, it rhymes with Carter. Secondly Obama enjoyed an unbeatable majority in both houses of Congress for the first two years as president yet things got worse, how is that not his/their fault. Finally if free healthcare is so great why are deathrates from common cancers, such as breast and prostate, as much as 50% higher in countries with "free" healcare? Why do millions of Canadians and Europeans chose to come here and pay for treatment every year, rather than stay home and get "free" treatment. Why do people in Canada and Europe have to wait an average of six months for a hip replacement?

A history lesson you say? If you are gonna compare apples then compare apples to apples instead of to oranges. Reagan inherited a problem primary situated in america. It wasn't a global effect like what fdr or Obama had to deal with. Reagan also go the benefit of inheriting an American recovering from decades of presidents who cut taxes, and paid for it by cutting social services? And if you think the mess in the economy came from carter and not all the money spent warring in the cold war era sponsored by the fear mongering of Nixon and his republicans.

And let me simplify health care for you. Right now people run to the emergency room because they can't afford services. Accumulating bills they will never ever pay. So these people that never go. They get far. Sick. On disability. And then they feed off the ssi system. Guess what if you don't do preventive medicines which are cheaper you end up with people with diabetes etc costing us a lot more. Short term pain for long term benefit. Yes there's pros and cons but in the end the pros outweighs the cons.

Way too many people get caught up in the little stuff and ignore the big picture.
And let's just ignore the fact that bush increased spending AND decreased tax collections. If someone told you they were taking a pay cut and going to trade up from a Toyota to a BMW you'd consider them nuts right?

On and on. I could just as easily attack why the democrats did wrong but they didn't start this. I'm sick of people in the republican party, MY party saying its Obama blaming bush when it's a few years back they were just as quick to blame Clinton for 9/11.

Sadly I think the GOP gave obama the keys to the kingdom to use him as a scapegoat like they did carter. Shrug. Economies in a shambles? Let's let the democrats clean up the mess and incite rage and by the time we come back into power the mess will have lessened to the point where we look good. :-/

SamZED
J Jonah Jameson. Everything's Spider-man's fault.

Mshinu
Doomie. Not only does he beat that list but the rest of the comicverse as well. Easily. Heck he would beat Comical Ali.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mshinu
Doomie. Not only does he beat that list but the rest of the comicverse as well. Easily. Heck he would beat Comical Ali.

rotiart
"and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that hippie and his munchie addicted dog too!"

Basically any scooby doo villain.

TheHulk
Lex Luthor FTW

Placidity
Luthor

TheHulk
Guys We Should Not Talk About Politics In The Forums Let Alone A Comic Book Versus Forum..

JayDaDon
I'd say luthor. When doom's plan is foiled he just keeps rolling with the next plan.

Parmaniac
Anyway, it's pretty obvious this thread was designed to draw people in to a political debate. Is Obama perfect? Far cry from it. But I'll take him over the bigots and zealots on the far right. Yeah...well...COMMIE!!!!

Existere
Originally posted by TheHulk
Guys We Should Not Talk About Politics In The Forums Let Alone A Comic Book Versus Forum.. ...

So your profile says you're turning 15 soon.

Are you excited!?

Naija boy
laughing out loud

abhilegend
laughing out loud

rotiart
Anyway, it's pretty obvious this thread was designed to draw people in to a political debate. Is Obama perfect? Far cry from it. But I'll take him over the bigots and zealots on the far right.

What's sad is that it's actually the people who know very little about the overall picture that take the extremist views, where as those who diversify their education will move towards the middle or claim independence so that they don't have to take the sheep mentality of voting. The horrible part is that the uninformed are the extremes. My friend and I are both republicans. He decried obamas health care plan without ever reading it.

Hell he didn't even know the names mitt, newt, sanctorum or what they stand for. Paul Ryan? Ron Paul? We were gonna vote for Palin a woman who wanted a bridge built to nowhere?

Ever meet someone that hated on people that took handouts one war and then accept them the next? What exactly do you think these foreclosure, auto industry bailouts and refinances are? Any republican worth his salt thinking that accepting help in this matter is different than low income accepting food stamps is deceiving themselves.

And I'm sure someone like brockalizer ignore how bush tried to revamp the entire social security system while using it as his own personal bailout piggy bank.

Ever wonder why taxes went up? Tax breaks to the rich during the bush era set for a decade and scheduled to expire two years into obamas term.

People like brockalizer are spoon fed everything they know about politics an like sheep they accept it without looking further into the details.

Hypocrisy exists on both ends.

Lord Feron

laughing

Stoic
What's sad is that it's actually the people who know very little about the overall picture that take the extremist views, where as those who diversify their education will move towards the middle or claim independence so that they don't have to take the sheep mentality of voting. The horrible part is that the uninformed are the extremes. My friend and I are both republicans. He decried obamas health care plan without ever reading it.

Hell he didn't even know the names mitt, newt, sanctorum or what they stand for. Paul Ryan? Ron Paul? We were gonna vote for Palin a woman who wanted a bridge built to nowhere?

Ever meet someone that hated on people that took handouts one war and then accept them the next? What exactly do you think these foreclosure, auto industry bailouts and refinances are? Any republican worth his salt thinking that accepting help in this matter is different than low income accepting food stamps is deceiving themselves.

And I'm sure someone like brockalizer ignore how bush tried to revamp the entire social security system while using it as his own personal bailout piggy bank.

Ever wonder why taxes went up? Tax breaks to the rich during the bush era set for a decade and scheduled to expire two years into obamas term.

People like brockalizer are spoon fed everything they know about politics an like sheep they accept it without looking further into the details.

Hypocrisy exists on both ends.

Kabooom. I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there were people out there that cast their votes on the grounds of who is better looking.

rotiart
And ignoring obamas health care does anyone remember what bush did? Medicare part D? Over a TRILLIONs costing over ten years..Back in 2003 to help himself get reelected when it was already a bankrupt medicare system. He added more debt to it. Then in 2006 seeing the budget obviously so out of whack he tries to rein Medicare by decreasing it 200 billion over 5 years which the democrats wouldn't agree to and now makes the democrats look bad.

Yes yes.. Let's blame Obama for Medicare. It has nothing to do with republicans....

Short sighted solutions lead to long term problems.

Tony Stark
Don't get me twisted...G.W. Bush was a piece of sh!t too... But, as bad as he was... And was most definitely BAD. I'm a Conservative/Libertarain and I didn't agree much of what he did...

Unfortunately Obummer is 100fold worse in almost every way. Less than a year in office he quadrupled the nations already out of control debt.

And that was just for starters with him. How about this dandy being put through Dec 31, 2011 just minutes before the new year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-e7z7S6VI

Bouboumaster
Don't get me twisted...G.W. Bush was a piece of sh!t too... But, as bad as he was... And was most definitely BAD. I'm a Conservative/Libertarain and I didn't agree much of what he did...

Unfortunately Obummer is 100fold worse in almost every way. Less than a year in office he quadrupled the nations already out of control debt.

And that was just for starters with him. How about this dandy being put through Dec 31, 2011 just minutes before the new year.

The economy is this bad right now because Bush slept on the wheel in 2007 - 2008, just before the worst financial crisis ever (after the one in 1929) happened.

If anything, Obama pulled you out of there. Or he would, if it wasn't for the congress, who is currently full of retards.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The economy is this bad right now because Bush slept on the wheel in 2007 - 2008, just before the worst financial crisis ever (after the one in 1929) happened.

If anything, Obama pulled you out of there. Or he would, if it wasn't for the congress, who is currently full of retards.

Obama and the Democrats had control of both the senate and the house for his first 2 yrs in office. And they still have the senate now. So please get your facts straight.

Stoic

Nah man, Bush gave Obama a car speeding towards a cliff doing 250 MPH, and Obama had to try and salvage the approaching wreckage.

Stoic
Obama and the Democrats had control of both the senate and the house for his first 2 yrs in office. And they still have the senate now. So please get your facts straight.

If Obama's party has the majority, then why wasn't free medicare a go?

Brockalizer
If Obama's party has the majority, then why wasn't free medicare a go? Because not all Democrats are mentally retarded. Duh! And for the record I'm not excusing Bush for anything, he screwed up too, but a true leader doesn't blame other people for an economy that they asked to controll and spent hundreds of millions of dollars campaigning to acquire. He new how bad things looked before the election. It didn't just suddenly head south after he already won.

Now back to the actual purpose of the thread. I've been swayed Lex is better at complaining than Doom is.

Parmaniac
Because not all Democrats are mentally retarded. Duh! And for the record I'm not excusing Bush for anything, he screwed up too, but a true leader doesn't blame other people for an economy that they asked to controll and spent hundreds of millions of dollars campaigning to acquire. He new how bad things looked before the election. It didn't just suddenly head south after he already won.

Now back to the actual purpose of the thread. I've been swayed Lex is better at complaining than Doom is. You use that term way to often mein Sohn.

Stoic
Because not all Democrats are mentally retarded. Duh! And for the record I'm not excusing Bush for anything, he screwed up too, but a true leader doesn't blame other people for an economy that they asked to controll and spent hundreds of millions of dollars campaigning to acquire. He new how bad things looked before the election. It didn't just suddenly head south after he already won.

Now back to the actual purpose of the thread. I've been swayed Lex is better at complaining than Doom is.

So other countries with free medicare are run by retards? Canada's economy happens to be doing fine, and they have free medicare.

kgkg
Is there any Villains that mans up when they make mistakes?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by kgkg
Is there any Villains that mans up when they make mistakes?

Doom.

That is, if Doom made mistakes.

Tony Stark
So other countries with free medicare are run by retards? Canada's economy happens to be doing fine, and they have free medicare.

confused

Sorry to all Cunucks no offense intended... You can hardly compare Canada and The US on anything. Canada doesn't have to pay for as much as a country as The US does.

Canada's population is 33,000,000. The US population is 313,000,000

Their military force has less than 100,000 active and reserve personnel combined. The US has 3,000,000 active and reserve personnel combined.

And you don't hear much about their forces baby sitting the world... Which isn't so cheap to do.

52,000,000+ Americans are receiving some sort of Government assistance.

That's almost 20,000,000 more people receiving Government assistance in the US than Canada's entire population, and it is basically equal to the # of people that currently live in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico.

Canada's health care system ranks 30th where as The US is ranked 37th out of 190 countries.

You have to try and compare apples to apples. That's tough to do with The US involved.

How'd you like them apples...?

Bouboumaster
confused

Sorry to all Cunucks no offense intended... You can hardly compare Canada and The US on anything. Canada doesn't have to pay for as much as a country as The US does.

Canada's population is 33,000,000. The US population is 313,000,000

Their military force has less than 100,000 active and reserve personnel combined. The US has 3,000,000 active and reserve personnel combined.

And you don't hear much about their forces baby sitting the world... Which isn't so cheap to do.

52,000,000+ Americans are receiving some sort of Government assistance.

That's almost 20,000,000 more people receiving Government assistance in the US than Canada's entire population, and it is basically equal to the # of people that currently live in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico.

Canada's health care system ranks 30th where as The US is ranked 37th out of 190 countries.

You have to try and compare apples to apples. That's tough to do with The US involved.

How'd you like them apples...?

You have 10 times more peeps, but your PIB is almost 10 times ours too.

I guess the problems is that you invest too much in military, and not enough where you should really put some grands.

-Pr-
Guys, I've removed President Obama from the list, so anyone wishing to further debate about the man or policies can use the General Discussion Forum, as this really isn't the place for it. Anyone wanting to debate the other five is free to do so.

Stoic
^ Not to mention that with more people comes an equally proportionate amount of more taxes that people pay on useless things like building theme parks, Astro Domes, and in the past space missions. If it's not a problem with other countries, it shouldn't be one in the US. Fortunately for me, I can live in both countries, and am in the midst of saving enough to get out of dodge.

rotiart
Dr doom. If it wasn't for that accursed Richards!! He always seem to be having that kind of attitude.

Stoic
Skeletor

JayDaDon
Dr doom. If it wasn't for that accursed Richards!! He always seem to be having that kind of attitude.

Well to be fair, reed richards is a damn good excuse.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Parmaniac
You use that term way to often mein Sohn. looool

rotiart
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Well to be fair, reed richards is a damn good excuse.

Point taken.
Imagine sue storms expression when Reed came to her at the honeymoon saying. Look everything stretches!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by SamZED
J Jonah Jameson. Everything's Spider-man's fault.

DAMMNIT! You beat me to it!

Thread over. JJJ FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.