How come Darth Vader died in Force Unleshed II?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
At the ed of this clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqAETxOzYs
Darth Sidious uses his force lighting on Vader & say's Vader will die. How could he die though if he's alive later? Does anybody own TFU2? If so; do you know what the explanation is?

ares834
It's non-canon... A what-if.

KingD19
What he said.

C-3POTheClever
OK... So does that mean it's kinda like what would have happened if Vaders new aprentace had kept loyal to Vader?

DARTH POWER
Lol Han Solo and Princess Leia also die in that. How could you not tell that was an alternate reality?

As for these "what if's", I've never found it realistic for Palpatine to take out Marek or Vader as easily as he does in the dark side endings. They're made to be no better than Kit Fisto.

A bit unrealistic when Lucas has already stated Vader's power to be 80% of the Emporer's. And then we know Galen was considerably more powerful than that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
OK... So does that mean it's kinda like what would have happened if Vaders new aprentace had kept loyal to Vader?

I'm pretty sure that is ment to be part of Star wars since the first game is suppose to bridge the gaps between the two trilogies.

Darth Truculent
Galen IMO was not a clone due to one source: Joruus C'Boath. He was a clone and a total wackjob. Anyway, Vader didn't die just allowed himself to be captured. The dark apprentice is non-canon as ares stated. Somewhere along the line Galen will be KIA to keep the canon correct. Can't have Galen and Luke loose in the galaxy. After all, Luke was to rebuild the Jedi Order.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lol Han Solo and Princess Leia also die in that. How could you not tell that was an alternate reality?
Maybe because I didn't watch the whole of it. I just skiped over to the end, because I realy wanted to see the bit with Darth Vader & the emperor (the 2 sith lords). I did get to see a bit of the fight with Leia, but I didn't really know she was Princess Leia so you know..

Kazenji
Still haven't played Force Unleashed 2, I'll wait until it get's cheaper after all the stuff i heard about it when it got released being short and not as great as the first one.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Galen IMO was not a clone due to one source: Joruus C'Boath. He was a clone and a total wackjob.

Well most jedi clones were supposed to be faulty. But apparently Vader got it right in TFUII. So God knows. We need a TFUIII to confirm the truth!

Kazenji
Well most jedi clones were supposed to be faulty. But apparently Vader got it right in TFUII. So God knows. We need a TFUIII to confirm the truth!

If and when that happens Lucasarts better make sure its actually good.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
If and when that happens Lucasarts better make sure its actually good.

Problem is they've made TFU such a big part of the SW EU now, they can't just end it with Vader captured and Starkiller alive on the Rebels side.

They have to finish the lose ends and tie the story in to ANH, good game or not.

But of course making a good game and story(on par with the first) to go with it will be preferable.

NTJack0
TFU is utter shit anyway.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by NTJack0
TFU is utter shit anyway. No offense, but I'd rather you wouldn't swear on my threads. Also, that is a matter of opinion.

Lord Lucien
No offense, but I'd rather you wouldn't swear on my threads. Also, that is a matter of opinion. No, TFU is shit. Cocksucking shit.

Kazenji
Maybe the second game sure, Yeah.

DARTH POWER
I don't care how crap the second game was. This was awsome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a864SYyIJM8

As was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_13_QD8KE&feature=relmfu

Darth Truculent
Non-canon was the dark apprentice. During novelization, the Kamonians weeded out Force abilities because it led to psychosis. When Vader mentioned the accelerated the first clones went mad in months, then that would mean TFU II Galen was the same. Severe brain-trauma causes memory loss - it can be seen in current victims of IEDs. Revan suffered from memory loss that was forced on him until his memory returned. Over time Galen's memories did return, but how the returned was written poorly and gameplay likewise.

DARTH POWER
^ I don't think the Dark apprentice is non-canon.

Because in the novel Starkiller has a vision of the dark side ending, which means it was a possible future!

So the question remains: Is the TFUII Starkiller a clone or not?! Only a TFUIII would be able to answer that.

Edit- (Although if Vader had really perfected the cloning process then surely he would want to clone himself instead of Galen???)

C-3POTheClever
^ I don't think the Dark apprentice is non-canon.

Because in the novel Starkiller has a vision of the dark side ending, which means it was a possible future!

So the question remains: Is the TFUII Starkiller a clone or not?! Only a TFUIII would be able to answer that.

Edit- (Although if Vader had really perfected the cloning process then surely he would want to clone himself instead of Galen???) Hmmmn... That's interesting coz If Vader had cloned himself, then his clones would be probably be potentially far more powerful than himself & the emperor wouldn't they. Becuse they wouldn't be burned & part macine (sorry for bad spelling)

DARTH POWER
Hmmmn... That's interesting coz If Vader had cloned himself, then his clones would be probably be potentially far more powerful than himself & the emperor wouldn't they. Becuse they wouldn't be burned & part macine (sorry for bad spelling)

Exactamondo!

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, TFU is shit. Cocksucking shit.

I second that.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Galen IMO was not a clone due to one source: Joruus C'Boath. He was a clone and a total wackjob.

Clones are only wackjobs when they're grown too quickly.

But there are multiple ways to clone in the Star Wars Universe, and Spaarti cloning cylinders aren't the only way to do it.

I haven't researched Marek nor played the game, but I'm sure they cloned him a different way. Probably similarly to how Fett was cloned.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Battlemaster
Clones are only wackjobs when they're grown too quickly.

But there are multiple ways to clone in the Star Wars Universe, and Spaarti cloning cylinders aren't the only way to do it.

I haven't researched Marek nor played the game, but I'm sure they cloned him a different way. Probably similarly to how Fett was cloned.

It was Force sensitives though that were supposed to be impossible to clone Pre-TFUII. Otherwise the Emporer would have just cloned Vader instead of putting up with the broken version.

DARTH POWER
^ Btw read the whole novel now. Starkiller and Vader were pretty dead even in the final fight. That makes me think this guy is a clone of the Original Galen.

Starkiller was distracted by Juno though. During the fight he was just trying to get to her.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, TFU is shit. Cocksucking shit.

Hell mother ****ing yeah it is! Absolute cock-sucking super ****ing shitty shit! The shittiest shit of all!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Hell mother ****ing yeah it is! Absolute cock-sucking super ****ing shitty shit! The shittiest shit of all! No hold on thar, pardner. We've still got The Phantom Menace for PS1 and PC.

RE: Blaxican
TFU isn't bad. TFU is bad, but TFU1 wasn't bad.

The problem is that we are EU nerds. But, no one gives about continuity besides EU nerds. It's important to keep that in mind, I feel.

Lord Lucien
Very. Star Wars games aren't marketed with us in mind. Sell sell sell!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.