Smallville: Season 11 Comic Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



abhilegend

JakeTheBank
It's crap.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's crap.

I'm a Superman fan and I endorse this message.

JakeTheBank
I refuse to see Hank Henshaw get sodomized by Smallville canon.

Digi
You guys are so protective. It doesn't infringe on "normal" canon, and if you're doing another version of a character, why do the exact same thing? It would be incomprehensibly more dumb if they didn't change anything.

Besides, it's not like DC doesn't go batsh*t with changes to their main universe anyway. The "it's ruining characters I love" argument is laughable. Someone will like this series, and the characters we love have been changed completely at least 1-2 times in their history anyway. Alternate realities should be exempt from that line of thinking.

As always, this will depend on the strength of the stories themselves. transitioning from TV will be tricky though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
You guys are so protective. It doesn't infringe on "normal" canon, and if you're doing another version of a character, why do the exact same thing? It would be incomprehensibly more dumb if they didn't change anything.

Besides, it's not like DC doesn't go batsh*t with changes to their main universe anyway. The "it's ruining characters I love" argument is laughable. Someone will like this series, and the characters we love have been changed completely at least 1-2 times in their history anyway. Alternate realities should be exempt from that line of thinking.

As always, this will depend on the strength of the stories themselves. transitioning from TV will be tricky though.

It's not about changes; it's about changes that are, well, laughable. Change isn't inherently a bad thing. Bad changes on the other hand...

Also, the "ruining characters i love" argument is laughable how? Most of the bigger characters have been written pretty consistently, at least in character, since the 90s.

DC might change the universe on a grand scale, but they tend to leave individuals alone more often than not imo.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's crap. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I refuse to see Hank Henshaw get sodomized by Smallville canon.
Don't be so gloom and doom jake. Its by a good writer and I think its going to be good.

Existere
This isn't particularly related but I don't want to make a new thread, so:

Does anybody know if the new Green Arrow show is going to be a spin-off from Smallville? Or is it new, stand alone canon?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Digi
You guys are so protective. It doesn't infringe on "normal" canon, and if you're doing another version of a character, why do the exact same thing? It would be incomprehensibly more dumb if they didn't change anything.



thumb up

Philosophía
Originally posted by Existere
This isn't particularly related but I don't want to make a new thread, so:

Does anybody know if the new Green Arrow show is going to be a spin-off from Smallville? Or is it new, stand alone canon? Stand alone.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Existere
This isn't particularly related but I don't want to make a new thread, so:

Does anybody know if the new Green Arrow show is going to be a spin-off from Smallville? Or is it new, stand alone canon?

All I could find was this:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/11/01/is-this-proof-a-smallville-spinoff-is-in-the-works-dont-bet-on-it/

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Don't be so gloom and doom jake. Its by a good writer and I think its going to be good.

It's Smallville, which means that "good" is highly subjective and debatable. The entire last season was a joke and there's really no reason to continue the story of Smallville if said story continues with Clark as Superman...the very same reason why they never had Clark wear the tights till the finale anyway. At this point, it doesn't even make sense to continue the story.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's Smallville, which means that "good" is highly subjective and debatable. The entire last season was a joke and there's really no reason to continue the story of Smallville if said story continues with Clark as Superman...the very same reason why they never had Clark wear the tights till the finale anyway. At this point, it doesn't even make sense to continue the story.
Yeah, its smallvill but its written by BQM. He's a very good writer and I think that we should give him a chance.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's crap. Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm a Superman fan and I endorse this message. Shut up...Haters! sneer

Now, in honor of what's sure to be an awesome comic. Here's to Smallville: Season 11!

AGa7yJvctnM

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's Smallville, which means that "good" is highly subjective and
debatable.

NO!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The entire last season was a joke

Well Yeah..

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
and there's really no reason to continue the At this point, it doesn't even make sense to continue the story.

Well I want to know what happened when the secret society go after the justice league, and what happens when Lex Luthor becomes president..

And did Lex lose all his memory.. a bit confused about that. Because it would kind of make seasons 1-7 pointless.

Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up...Haters! sneer

Now, in honor of what's sure to be an awesome comic. Here's to Smallville: Season 11!

AGa7yJvctnM

Ah yes Laura Vandervoot.. She made season 7 so worth watching cool

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up...Haters! sneer

Now, in honor of what's sure to be an awesome comic. Here's to Smallville: Season 11!

AGa7yJvctnM

Don't make me hurt you shortround.

Badabing
Bada says to Pr: Allow me to introduce my fist to your face. smile

Pr: Hello Bada's fist, I'm Pr.

Bada's fist: BAM...POW!

Pr's face: boxed2

Bada's face: biscuits

-Pr-
That would suppose that you were tall enough.

Shall I fetch you a box to stand on, little one?

Badabing
Run, run as fast as you can. I'll still catch you even though you're the ginger head man. pr

abhilegend
Originally posted by Badabing
Bada says to Pr: Allow me to introduce my fist to your face. smile

Pr: Hello Bada's fist, I'm Pr.

Bada's fist: BAM...POW!

Pr's face: boxed2

Bada's face: biscuits Originally posted by -Pr-
That would suppose that you were tall enough.

Shall I fetch you a box to stand on, little one? Originally posted by Badabing
Run, run as fast as you can. I'll still catch you even though you're the ginger head man. pr
hysterical2

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Run, run as fast as you can. I'll still catch you even though you're the ginger head man. pr

And to think, I wasn't going to use any racial slurs... Oh well, forget that.

steverules_2
I think I made that smilie...

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
And to think, I wasn't going to use any racial slurs... Oh well, forget that. I can't "hear" you. I'm too engrossed in drinking Black & Tans. biscuitsOriginally posted by steverules_2
I think I made that smilie... Correctamundo.

abhilegend

abhilegend
BRYAN Q. MILLER EXPANDS THE UNIVERSE OF "SMALLVILLE SEASON 11"

I have to say this is the best Martian Manhunter costume bar none.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1361556984.jpg

The Legion would star in the next arc alongside Booster Gold

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1361557897.jpg

This is undoubtedly one of the best comics on the sale. Black Flash? Jay Garrick? Totally awesome. And lastly "Crisis is coming". eek!

Golgo13
Originally posted by abhilegend
Don't be so gloom and doom jake. Its by a good writer and I think its going to be good.

The Smallville comic is universaly liked and accepted. Brian Q is knocking it out of the park, which saddens me, because I want him on a Teen Titans book or a regular DCnU title. Ah, well.

abhilegend
Wonder Woman comes to Smallville Season 11!!!!

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/05/smallville-season-11-16-mtv-geek.jpg

Kazenji
Is the Smallville comic worth checking out?

abhilegend
Yes, it is.

abhilegend
Constantine joins cast of "SMALLVILLE"

Uh-oh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.