CISless Surfer vs HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins...Surfer is going all out. Fight takes place on an indestructible planet.

Starscream M
HP DD in a wtfstomp.

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
HP DD in a wtfstomp.

Surfer is faster, more powerful, can turn intangible...how is Doomsday hitting him. Not saying that he wouldn't win, just want to know why you give him the win against someone with Surfer capabilities?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer is faster, more powerful, can turn intangible...how is Doomsday hitting him.

This is one of the most ironic posts I've ever seen on this site.

Also, Doomsday crushes the Surfer.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

How is Doomsday winning?

Batman-Prime
Surfer is faster, more powerful, can turn intangible

Not saying that DD wouldn't win, just want to know why you give him the win

no expression

PillarofOsiris
How is Doomsday winning?

the Silver Surfer has one of the worst glass jaws in comics. He's been physically KO'ed by people a LOT weaker than Doomsday.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
no expression

Lol...so are you going to answer my question? Surfer goes intangible...start blasting with planetary, matter manipulating blast...stay in the air the entire match, how is Doomsday winning?

carver9
the Silver Surfer has one of the worst glass jaws in comics. He's been physically KO'ed by people a LOT weaker than Doomsday.

So is that why Thor koed him during their last run? Surfer is faster and can fly...if he stays airborne and attack his opponent from the sky, what can Doomsday do?

OneDumbG0

Also, Doomsday crushes the Surfer. It's intentional.

The real irony lies in people not recognizing that.

Odekahn
Doomsday has already been killed by a blast much stronger than anything Surfer could dish out. Doomsday can't be killed the same way twice.

Starscream M
Lol...so are you going to answer my question? Surfer goes intangible...start blasting with planetary, matter manipulating blast...stay in the air the entire match, how is Doomsday winning? HP Doomsday killed an intangible being of energy.

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
HP Doomsday killed an intangible being of energy.

When?

Odekahn
So is that why Thor koed him during their last run? Surfer is faster and can fly...if he stays airborne and attack his opponent from the sky, what can Doomsday do?

Surfer is faster? During the Death of Superman the Justice League couldn't touch him because of how fast he was. Some even thought he was faster than Flash.

leonidas

thumb up

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Odekahn
Surfer is faster? During the Death of Superman the Justice League couldn't touch him because of how fast he was. Some even thought he was faster than Flash. facepalm

carver9
Surfer is faster? During the Death of Superman the Justice League couldn't touch him because of how fast he was. Some even thought he was faster than Flash.

When couldn't they touch him? You are using Hyperbole statements from Boostergold.

Yes, Surfer is faster.

Galan007
Assuming BFR is not permitted, DD beats the shit out of Surfer, and shoves the board up his ass for the lulz.

Odekahn
When couldn't they touch him? You are using Hyperbole statements from Boostergold.

Yes, Surfer is faster.

Travelling faster, yes. But is he faster attack wise?

And what I meant by not being able to touch him is they remarked about how quick he was with attacks and many heroes went down before they even had a chance to react. He's got kryptonian speed and reflexes.

Odekahn
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
facepalm

Am I wrong?

OneDumbG0
Who wins...Surfer is going all out. Fight takes place on an indestructible planet. The irony of this thread is reaching critical levels. Originally posted by Odekahn
Surfer is faster? During the Death of Superman the Justice League couldn't touch him because of how fast he was. Some even thought he was faster than Flash. Originally posted by Odekahn
Am I wrong? Justice League touched him a lot actually. So you tell me.

Odekahn
The irony of this thread is reaching critical levels. Justice League touched him a lot actually. So you tell me.

You're taking what I said too literally. Of course they were able to hit him, I just meant that they couldn't compare to his speed and they remarked on his quickness. This was the writer's way of letting us know how fast Doomsday could attack.

carver9
You're taking what I said too literally. Of course they were able to touch, I just meant that they couldn't compare to his speed and they remarked on his quickness. This was the writer's way of letting us know how fast Doomsday could attack.

confused

Odekahn
confused

Lol, edited it. Started to sound kinda kinky.

OneDumbG0
You're taking what I said too literally. Of course they were able to touch, I just meant that they couldn't compare to his speed and they remarked on his quickness. This was the writer's way of letting us know how fast Doomsday could attack. . . . . .

Galan007
In his defense, it was made clear that DD was remarkably fast/agile for his size. The JLA (inc. Superman) stated such quite a few times.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galan007
In his defense, it was made clear that DD was remarkably fast/agile for his size. the JLA (inc. Superman) stated such quite a few times. If that was what Odekahn was actually trying to state, much less imply, I'd jump to his defense too. In the meantime:

. . . . .

carver9
In his defense, it was made clear that DD was remarkably fast/agile for his size. The JLA (inc. Superman) stated such quite a few times.

He is fast for his size but I wouldn't call him a speedster.

Galan007
If that was what Odekahn was actually trying to state, much less imply, I'd jump to his defense too. In the meantime:

. . . . . Yeah, I'm not really sure what he was trying to say, tbh.

He is fast for his size but I wouldn't call him a speedster. Agreed. However, he's also faster than your typical brick, so...

Dream Stuff
I admit that I haven't read much Doomsday, but I find it hard to believe he can win. This version can't fly right? Can't teleport?

How does he not get BFRed?

Odekahn
I'm not calling him a speedster guys, lol. AGAIN, I'm talking about his reflexes/quickness.

" ... speed and agility are vastly disproportionate to his bulky stature, and he has been able to match Superman in this regard, once even managing to grab the Flash while the hero was in motion."

OneDumbG0
^ You said he was faster than Surfer. Accordingly: facepalm

Odekahn
^ You said he was faster than Surfer. Accordingly: facepalm

They are in a fight, right? So when someone says that Surfer is faster I'm taking it as attack speed. I don't think DD could beat SS in a race or anything, lol.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Someone (IIRC Booster Gold) stated that but imo it's hyperbole:

1. All other heros could keep up with DD (speedwise)
2. All citizens of Metropolis were able to follow the fight with their eyes.
3. Some air combat soldiers were even able to fire and hit DD while he was fighting supes. DOS DD though.

carver9
Yeah, I'm not really sure what he was trying to say, tbh.

Agreed. However, he's also faster than your typical brick, so...

Honestly, I would put him around Darkseid, Grundy level (high end Grundy) in regards to speed. Everything that Doomsday has done, Grundy has done as well...along with the statements that was mentioned for Doomsday. He isn't your typical brick but he sure as hell isnt Superman, Wonder Woman fast.

Galan007
He isn't your typical brick but he sure as hell isnt Superman, Wonder Woman fast. In term's of how fast they can get from point A to point B? I agree. DD isn't remotely close to their speed-level. Where punching/reflex/brawling speed is concerned, however, DD is every bit their equal.

PillarofOsiris
I can't believe this thread could last even 2 pages. What is there to say about this? The Surfer is toast.

Odekahn
In term's of how fast they can get from point A to point B? I agree. DD isn't remotely close to their speed-level. Where punching/reflex/brawling speed is concerned, however, DD is every bit their equal.

^This is what I was trying to say. Thanks!

carver9
In term's of how fast they can get from point A to point B? I agree. DD isn't remotely close to their speed-level. Where punching/reflex/brawling speed is concerned, however, DD is every bit their equal.

What are you basing this off of? Please don't say "their fights".

carver9
I can't believe this thread could last even 2 pages. What is there to say about this? The Surfer is toast.

But he doesnt get roasted though.

Galan007
What are you basing this off of? Please don't say "their fights". Fights are the only way to gauge the speed I'm referring to. confused

OneDumbG0
In term's of how fast they can get from point A to point B? I agree. DD isn't remotely close to their speed-level. Where punching/reflex/brawling speed is concerned, however, DD is every bit their equal. Battlezone H/P Doomsday vs Wonder Woman's or Superman's reflex speed?

carver9
Fights are the only way to gauge the speed I'm referring to. confused

Lol, then you'll be wrong then you would have to share the wealth to other "typical" bricks that has done similar against similar characters.

PillarofOsiris
Fights are the only way to gauge the speed I'm referring to. confused

Not quite true. Superman rebuilt an entire city in a matter of seconds. He had to hammer nails, drill holes, lay bricks, mortar, build things up...These are all far more complicated actions than simply throwing a punch.

Galan007
Battlezone H/P Doomsday vs Wonder Woman's or Superman's reflex speed? Why? It'd be a loaded BZ from the beginning. I alone can think of a dozen+ instances in which Superman and Dianna have reacted in miniscule amounts of time (nanoseconds, picoseconds, etc.)--which are the type of scans I'd expect you to post. Doomsday, on the other hand, doesn't have those kind of feats to his name. All we have to go by on his behalf are the instances in which the JLA remarked how fast he was, along with him dominating each of them respectively.

All I am getting at is that DD is not a slow feeb--FAR from it, in fact. In battle, he can (and has) kept up with the creme of DC's crop. I'm certainly not calling him a speedster by any means, though.

Starscream M
Battlezone H/P Doomsday vs Wonder Woman's or Superman's reflex speed? HP DD was too fast for superman

Galan007
Lol, then you'll be wrong then you would have to share the wealth to other "typical" bricks that has done similar against similar characters. So you're of the opinion that everyone Doomsday fights holds back their 'superior' speed, and opt, instead, to let him beat them to within an inch of their life?

Hmm, okie dokie.

carver9
Not quite true. Superman rebuilt an entire city in a matter of seconds. He had to hammer nails, drill holes, lay bricks, mortar, build things up...These are all far more complicated actions than simply throwing a punch.

Superman was amped by blue sunlight when he did this. Visiting respect threads is a terrible route to take. Read the comics buddy.

leonidas
So you're of the opinion that everyone Doomsday fights holds back their 'superior' speed, and opt, instead, to let him beat them to within an inch of their life?

Hmm, okie dokie.

sounds sensible to me.

Parmaniac
Why? It'd be a loaded BZ from the beginning. I alone can think of a dozen+ instances in which Superman and Dianna have reacted in miniscule amounts of time (nanoseconds, picoseconds, etc.)--which are the type of scans I'd expect you to post. Doomsday, on the other hand, doesn't have those kind of feats to his name. All we have to go by on his behalf are the instances in which the JLA remarked how fast he was, along with him dominating each of them respectively.

All I am getting at is that DD is not a slow feeb--FAR from it, in fact. In battle, he can (and has) kept up with the creme of DC's crop. I'm certainly not calling him a speedster by any means, though. I think that's DCs biggest prob tbh they mix a lot slow and fast characters together and simply ignore the difference from time to time.

Going by this kind of argumentation I could actually make valid claims for Spider-man fighting at near lightspeed.

carver9
So you're of the opinion that everyone Doomsday fights holds back their 'superior' speed, and opt, instead, to let him beat them to within an inch of their life?

Hmm, okie dokie.

I'm under the impression that Superman is faster than Doomsday just like Gladiator is faster than Hulk just like Martian Manhunter is faster than Despero (hope you caught on to that). Doomsday is fast, hell, all of these people I mentioned are fast but he isn't Superman fast.

OneDumbG0
Why? It'd be a loaded BZ from the beginning. I alone can think of a dozen+ instances in which Superman and Dianna have reacted in miniscule amounts of time (nanoseconds, picoseconds, etc.)--which are the type of scans I'd expect you to post. Doomsday, on the other hand, doesn't have those kind of feats to his name. All we have to go by on his behalf are the instances in which the JLA remarked how fast he was, along with him dominating each of them respectively.

All I am getting at is that DD is not a slow feeb--FAR from it, in fact. In battle, he can (and has) kept up with the creme of DC's crop. I'm certainly not calling him a speedster by any means, though. Being every bit of Wonder Woman's and Superman's reflex speed level does make him a speedster. If you actually believe in the former premise. Originally posted by Starscream M
HP DD was too fast for superman What, like Konvikt was? Or General?

PillarofOsiris
Superman was amped by blue sunlight when he did this. Visiting respect threads is a terrible route to take. Read the comics buddy.

Weren't you the one arguing not too long ago that Blue sunlight didn't amp Superman all that much or at least to an unknown degree? Or am I confusing you with some other moron? It's hard to keep track of all the dumb things you post.

Galan007
I'm under the impression that Superman is faster than Doomsday just like Gladiator is faster than Hulk just like Martian Manhunter is faster than Despero (hope you caught on to that). Doomsday is fast, hell, all of these people are fast but he isn't Superman fast. Where fighting is concerned, he is absolutely 'Superman fast'. Superman himself stated as much. srsly

CosmicComet

Doesn't matter. Even if it amped his speed by a factor of one million, its still an unbelievable demonstration of reflexes, and better than anything other rival company bricks have done.

Besides this, he had a shared feat with the Flash in grounded that was quite similar, when they put the city and the citizens back to normal after Flash was decorating it as though it were Krypton while he had that mindcontrolling head-band on him.

carver9
Weren't you the one arguing not too long ago that Blue sunlight didn't amp Superman all that much or at least to an unknown degree? Or am I confusing you with some other moron? It's hard to keep track of all the dumb things you post.

Do you know about any comic character you debate for or against? I never said that blue sunlight does nothing for Superman when on panel, it states the opposite. Read the comic and stop visiting respect threads. Like you mentioning 50 Super Nova, didn't happen...it was a made up story by Superman adopted parent. You would have known this if you read the comic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/21.jpg

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Doesn't matter. Even if it amped his speed by a factor of one million, its still an unbelievable demonstration of reflexes, and better than anything other rival company bricks have done.

Besides this, he had a shared feat with the Flash in grounded that was quite similar, when they put the city and the citizens back to normal after Flash was decorating it as though it were Krypton while he had that mindcontrolling head-band on him. And, apparently, H/P Doomsday could do it. Because he isn't a rival company brick.

Is this what I'm supposed to believe?

Odekahn
I'm under the impression that Superman is faster than Doomsday just like Gladiator is faster than Hulk just like Martian Manhunter is faster than Despero (hope you caught on to that). Doomsday is fast, hell, all of these people I mentioned are fast but he isn't Superman fast.

He's got kryptonian dna. He's in the ballpark for sure.

CosmicComet
And, apparently, H/P Doomsday could do it. Because he isn't a rival company brick.

Is this what I'm supposed to believe?

He absolutely should have the necessary perception speed to do it, but not the powerset. E.G. the flight and heat vision. Maybe he could make do with the fire breath he got at one time though in place of HV.

carver9
Sigh*

OneDumbG0
. . . . .

If someone could post a facepalm gif worthy of the complete befuddlement and disappointment I am feeling right now, I'd greatly appreciate it.

That the irony of this thread is lost on so many convinces me that we're headed straight towards the apocalypse.

carver9
. . . . .

If someone could post a facepalm gif worthy of the complete befuddlement and disappointment I am feeling right now, I'd greatly appreciate it,

laughing out loud

CosmicComet
I didn't read through the thread, so I don't know the full details of what irony I could be missing.

I just honed in on one comment.

enlighten me.

OneDumbG0
^ A straight-up request deserves a straight-up response: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=562589&pagenumber=1

CosmicComet
uhuh

you're asking me to read?

leonidas
Where fighting is concerned, he is absolutely 'Superman fast'. Superman himself stated as much. srsly

i've never understood the reticence associated with this fact. are there any kryptonians (creations or beings) who do NOT have some level of superspeed...? comparing him to hulk and other bricks is ludicrous....imo.

Odekahn
Originally posted by leonidas
i've never understood the reticence associated with this fact. are there any kryptonians (creations or beings) who do NOT have some level of superspeed...? comparing him to hulk and other bricks is ludicrous....imo.

Exactly. Yet this whole thread is an attempt to prove something in a debate on a completely different topic. OneDumbG0 is right. The irony here is mind blowing.

Dream Stuff
As for the actual fight, though, may I presume that we all agree that Doomday gets BFRed while Surfer laughs at him from low-orbit?

Parmaniac
i've never understood the reticence associated with this fact. are there any kryptonians (creations or beings) who do NOT have some level of superspeed...? comparing him to hulk and other bricks is ludicrous....imo. The prob is DOS DD fought a league eeryone could keep up with him even shitty ass fodder soldiers could, going by "he keeps up with character X who can operate at Y" allows you to pretty much levitate the entire universe including street levelers to hyper sonic or even FTL fighting speeds.

Odekahn
The prob is DOS DD fought a league eeryone could keep up with him even shitty ass fodder soldiers could, going by "he keeps up with character X who can operate at Y" allows you to pretty much levitate the entire universe including street levelers to hyper sonic or even FTL fighting speeds.

Superman doesn't always fight at super-speed. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to do so.

Parmaniac
Superman doesn't always fight at super-speed. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to do so. I don't doubt Supes fighting speed I doubt DD.

Odekahn
I don't doubt Supes fighting speed I doubt DD.

Yet the Justice League is talking and describing his speed during DOS...

Again, they aren't just saying that. They are saying it because the writer of the story is wanting to let the readers know how fast he is.

carver9
Doomsday doesn't fight at super speed and his heritage doesn't change this. His fts, every other brick share. Just like Paramiac stated, Doomsday never displayed anything your typical brick can and has done.

Parmaniac

Again, they aren't just saying that. They are saying it because the writer of the story is wanting to let the readers know how fast he is. On panel evidence > Character statements.

carver9

Again, they aren't just saying that. They are saying it because the writer of the story is wanting to let the readers know how fast he is.

confused Same has been said about numerous of Bricks the JLA has tackled. Grundy has straight up pimp slapped a Flash during mid blitz, choked one during a blitz, punched, etc, etc...not saying Doomsday isn't fast but again, what high end brick isn't.

Odekahn
On panel evidence > Character statements.

Granted, but you can't deny a part of the story. It wasn't just Booster who remarked about his speed. Claiming that Doomsday is only as fast as other bricks is desperate and nothing short of denial.

Odekahn
Super Speed isn't in Solomon Grundy's powerset. Is it in Hulk's? How about Thing? Juggernaut?

It IS in Doomsdays.

Parmaniac
Super Speed isn't in Solomon Grundy's powerset. Is it in Hulk's? How about Thing? Juggernaut?

It IS in Doomsdays. http://osck.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/doomsday-origin-2.jpg?w=598

doesn't looks like it

Odekahn
http://osck.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/doomsday-origin-2.jpg?w=598

doesn't looks like it

Here's the problem with that... That's modern Doomsday, and this is HP Doomsday who was stronger and faster than DOS.

JayDaDon
the Silver Surfer has one of the worst glass jaws in comics.

This is pretty false. Not counting stupid s#it where he's hit with a brick, I can think of few instances where someone ko'd surfer without an important detail playing a factor. Almost all of those ko's I can think of come from thanos.

OneDumbG0
i've never understood the reticence associated with this fact. are there any kryptonians (creations or beings) who do NOT have some level of superspeed...? comparing him to hulk and other bricks is ludicrous....imo. You have got to be kidding me. A post fact does not suddenly solidify Booster Gold's statement as being faithfully literal. What he did in Death of Superman, Savage Hulk has surpassed on-panel. And Doomsday being some genetic freak of Kryptonian science doesn't justify reverse-projection of all of Superman's feats. Originally posted by Odekahn
Exactly. Yet this whole thread is an attempt to prove something in a debate on a completely different topic. OneDumbG0 is right. The irony here is mind blowing. Phucking christ. I can honestly say that this thread is starting to p1ss me off.

carver9
Here's the problem with that... That's modern Doomsday, and this is HP Doomsday who was stronger and faster than DOS.

Neither is it in Doomsdays BIO. I have never seen speed as a description of Doomsday powers. You are basically making excuses for everything that is being said and shown to you.

carver9
You have got to be kidding me. A post fact does not suddenly solidify Booster Gold's statement as being faithfully literal. What he did in Death of Superman, Savage Hulk has surpassed on-panel. And Doomsday being some genetic freak of Kryptonian science doesn't justify reverse-projection of all of Superman's feats. Phucking christ. I can honestly say that this thread is starting to p1ss me off.

laughing out loud laughing

Odekahn
Phucking christ. I can honestly say that this thread is starting to p1ss me off.

Then leave?

Parmaniac
Here's the problem with that... That's modern Doomsday, and this is HP Doomsday who was stronger and faster than DOS. That doesn't make any sense.

carver9
Lol...he isn't making any sense period.

Odekahn
Neither is it in Doomsdays BIO. I have never seen speed as a description of Doomsday powers. You are basically making excuses for everything that is being said and shown to you.

Have you guys even read DOS? geez, lol.

Odekahn
That doesn't make any sense.

How does that not make any sense? HP Doomsday was very powerful, and more recent versions of Doomsday were far less powerful.

iceman24567
Here's the problem with that... That's modern Doomsday, and this is HP Doomsday who was stronger and faster than DOS. huh laughing

carver9
Have you guys even read DOS? geez, lol.

A total of 6 times...I'm not seeing anything in there that other bricks have NOT replicated.

JakeTheBank
*opens thread*

*reads posts*

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W6ti67rs4b0/T1UBjzMY3-I/AAAAAAAAAz8/4nRiPiADOI8/s1600/ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Odekahn
A total of 6 times...I'm not seeing anything in there that other bricks have NOT replicated.

Because you don't want to see it. During the DOS storyline the people who were watching even described Superman fighting Doomsday as blurs.

carver9
Because you don't want to see it. During the DOS storyline the people who were watching even described Superman fighting Doomsday as blurs.

They said SUPERMAN was a blur when he bomb rushed Doomsday. Lol...I swear. confused

That smiley will always belong to you when you say something crazy like that.

Odekahn
Originally posted by iceman24567
huh laughing

Apologies if my posts aren't making much sense. I'm at work and pretty distracted.

Odekahn
They said SUPERMAN was a blur when he bomb rushed Doomsday. Lol...I swear. confused

That smiley will always belong to you when you say something crazy like that.

Does Superman say this about all the bricks?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55519/1062644-dos13_super.jpg

carver9
Does Superman say this about all the bricks?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55519/1062644-dos13_super.jpg

Yes, hes said it to Darkseid, Lobo, Grundy, and the General...hell, Shaggyman has whacked Superman mid blitz.

carver9
Lol, he has even said it about Hulk during a crossover.lol

leonidas
You have got to be kidding me. A post fact does not suddenly solidify Booster Gold's statement as being faithfully literal. What he did in Death of Superman, Savage Hulk has surpassed on-panel. And Doomsday being some genetic freak of Kryptonian science doesn't justify reverse-projection of all of Superman's feats. Phucking christ. I can honestly say that this thread is starting to p1ss me off.

wut? gold's word is all right i guess, (though pretty much utterly irrelevant as that was a different version of dd than the one being discussed here) but that's hardly what has i'm talking about. so...yeah. and where exactly did i say that he has superman speed again.....? there is more than enough inferrential and direct evidence to indicate to me that dd has legit superspeed. you want to think dd and hulk are the same in terms of speed, knock yourself out.

Odekahn
Yes, hes said it to Darkseid, Lobo, Grundy, and the General...hell, Shaggyman has whacked Superman mid blitz.

Scans?

carver9
Scans?

Of what?

OneDumbG0
wut? gold's word is all right i guess, (though pretty much utterly irrelevant as that was a different version of dd than the one being discussed here) but that's hardly what has i'm talking about. so...yeah. and where exactly did i say that he has superman speed again.....? there is more than enough inferrential and direct evidence to indicate to me that dd has legit superspeed. you want to think dd and hulk are the same in terms of speed, knock yourself out. What has H/P Doomsday, much less DOS Doomsday, done that puts him past surprisingly agile/fast bricks like Hulk? What exactly? Because we both know his Kryptonian origins have sh1t to do with that. All Kryptonians have exhibited heat vision, x-ray vision, flight. All unconsciously without even trying to manifest those powers. And Doomsday hasn't exhibited those, much less Kryptonian superspeed. So tell me again, other than widely inaccurate and unreliable inferences, what speed/agility feats vault H/P Doomsday past Hulk?

Let's get to first base before I even start having to deal with other people who believe Doomsday is faster than Surfer or is on par with Superman's superspeed.

Odekahn
Of what?

Him saying it to the characters you've mentioned.

CosmicComet
What has H/P Doomsday, much less DOS Doomsday, done that puts him past surprisingly agile/fast bricks like Hulk? What exactly? Because we both know his Kryptonian origins have sh1t to do with that. All Kryptonians have exhibited heat vision, x-ray vision, flight. All unconsciously without even trying to manifest those powers. And Doomsday hasn't exhibited those, much less Kryptonian superspeed. So tell me again, other than widely inaccurate and unreliable inferences, what speed/agility feats vault H/P Doomsday past Hulk?

Let's get to first base before I even start having to deal with other people who believe Doomsday is faster than Surfer or is on par with Superman's superspeed.

'much less kryptonian superspeed'?

That's a basic physical attribute. Heat Vision, Flight, X-Ray vision, those are specialized powers that require conscious activation.

We know because of his Kryptonian DNA he also acts as a solar battery, and this is what gives him his physical strength...so why exactly would it not give him super speed? Since his speed would be coming from his direct muscular strength, as opposed to the non-standard explanation such as with the Speed Force guys.. no expression

Placidity
Hulk

See the thread title? Read it slowly and then read it again.

Take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere.

leonidas
What has H/P Doomsday, much less DOS Doomsday, done that puts him past surprisingly agile/fast bricks like Hulk? What exactly? Because we both know his Kryptonian origins have sh1t to do with that.

you can categorically rule out his heritage if you choose, fact remains that there aren't any kryptonians that do not have some degree of superspeed. definite proof? of course not, but when added with the sheer number of times his speed has been referenced (gold, kal himself, multiple times--he even reiterated in h/p (AFTER he's already faced dd and knows full well his abilities) that the killer was fast--fast as lightning, max, guy, all in different parts of the story, and even ACROSS arcs) the indication and intent of the authors is crystal clear to me. dd has superspeed. (incidentally carver, dd's wiki bio has superspeed clear as day.....) there is a scan somewhere showing him fighting supes with speed lines surrounding them both as they hit each other but i can't recall where i saw it. regardless, even without that bit of support there is STILL ample proof imo to support his speed. then there's the alternative--we assume everyone's comments and the repeated nature of them were what? pis? hyperbole? i can't make you change your mind if that's how you want to view them, but that belief fairly flies in the face of the authors' intentions imo. and for no real reason other than a dearth of feats, which seems kind of silly given the ltd appearances he's had.

i could always turn things around too. hulk's speed HAS been referenced, sure, but by whom? he was a statue to a po'd spiderman. so who are the superspeedsters who have made reference to hulk? have they been momentarily surprised by it, or were they utterly overwhelmed as both kal and guy and booster were? love to see him overwhelming someone who HAS legit superspeed with speed of his own.

carver9
Him saying it to the characters you've mentioned.

I'm only providing one scan...not searching for something you should know.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobovsSupermanAOS464-3.jpg

Here.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Placidity

Take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere.

lmao

carver9
Let me post the Darkseid showing anyways. Superman comment on his speed as well. Would you like to see Grundy?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanvol2003p08.jpg

OneDumbG0
you can categorically rule out his heritage if you choose, fact remains that there aren't any kryptonians that do not have some degree of superspeed. definite proof? of course not, but when added with the sheer number of times his speed has been referenced (gold, kal himself, multiple times--he even reiterated in h/p (AFTER he's already faced dd and knows full well his abilities) that the killer was fast--fast as lightning, max, guy, all in different parts of the story, and even ACROSS arcs) the indication and intent of the authors is crystal clear to me. dd has superspeed. (incidentally carver, dd's wiki bio has superspeed clear as day.....) there is a scan somewhere showing him fighting supes with speed lines surrounding them both as they hit each other but i can't recall where i saw it. regardless, even without that bit of support there is STILL ample proof imo to support his speed. then there's the alternative--we assume everyone's comments and the repeated nature of them were what? pis? hyperbole? i can't make you change your mind if that's how you want to view them, but that belief fairly flies in the face of the authors' intentions imo. and for no real reason other than a dearth of feats, which seems kind of silly given the ltd appearances he's had.

i could always turn things around too. hulk's speed HAS been referenced, sure, but by whom? he was a statue to a po'd spiderman. so who are the superspeedsters who have made reference to hulk? have they been momentarily surprised by it, or were they utterly overwhelmed as both kal and guy and booster were? love to see him overwhelming someone who HAS legit superspeed with speed of his own. Why wouldn't I categorically rule out this flimsy reverse-projection for what it is? Doomsday exhibit some of the most basic Kryptonian powers there are? No. Flatly, no, he hasn't. Sorry if don't take for granted that he inherited others through "inference."

You and I both know full well that all of Doomsday's incarnations have exhibited nothing beyond what Hulk has. And your garbage false absolutes don't change that. My reading everybody's statements of DD for what they are, i.e., statements that are categorically referenced towards almost all agile bricks, does not necessitate me dismissing them as pure PIS. What I won't do is take Superman being surprised by an elbow from Doomsday as any different than Professor Hulk dodging Speedfreak.

The authors' intentions are, and have always been, fairly obvious. Doomsday isn't a slow hulking brute and his speed and agility belie his size and power. Now where exactly do you think that concept came from?

Odekahn
Let me post the Darkseid showing anyways. Superman comment on his speed as well. Would you like to see Grundy?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanvol2003p08.jpg

Yes.

Juntai
I'm only providing one scan...not searching for something you should know.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobovsSupermanAOS464-3.jpg

Here. Coincidentally, Superspeed is listed as one of Lobo's superpowers in the Guide to the DCU as well. smile

Juntai
Why wouldn't I categorically rule out this flimsy reverse-projection for what it is? Doomsday exhibit some of the most basic Kryptonian powers there are? No. Flatly, no, he hasn't. Sorry if don't take for granted that he inherited others through "inference."

You and I both know full well that all of Doomsday's incarnations have exhibited nothing beyond what Hulk has. And your garbage false absolutes don't change that. My reading everybody's statements of DD for what they are, i.e., statements that are categorically referenced towards almost all agile bricks, does not necessitate me dismissing them as pure PIS. What I won't do is take Superman being surprised by an elbow from Doomsday as any different than Professor Hulk dodging Speedfreak.

The authors' intentions are, and have always been, fairly obvious. Doomsday isn't a slow hulking brute and his speed and agility belie his size and power. Now where exactly do you think that concept came from? He was too fast for Guy Gardner to react.

GUY GARDNER.

Your argument is invalid.

cool

carver9
Yes.

Lol...just take my word for it...I'm not searching through 100's of scans to prove my case. I posted two scans proving my point. Superman has said this about almost every brick that has surprised him with an attack.

Odekahn
Lol...just take my word for it...I'm not searching through 100's of scans to prove my case. I posted two scans proving my point. Superman has said this about almost every brick that has surprised him with an attack.

Hey, you offered.

And I don't consider Darkseid a brick. Plus, I'm pretty sure he has super speed as well.

POWERS AND WEAPONS

Darkseid's greatest power is his intellect. He is a ruthless strategist and organizer and holds the entire population of Apokolips, including his inner circle, in absolute dread of him. Darkseid's goal is not chaos but absolute order and the extinction of free will. A universe united under the will of Darkseid.
Even though he prefers to work through agents and not to engage in physical conflict with his enemies, Darkseid nevertheless possesses great superhuman strength, speed, and stamina. He was held his own against the likes of his own son Orion and Superman of Earth.

Darkseid also wields the power of the Omega Beams, force blasts emitted from his eyes. These beams can either erase a being from existance or simply transport them to a location of Darkseid's choosing.

http://www.dcuwiki.net/w/Darkseid

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by CosmicComet
'much less kryptonian superspeed'?

That's a basic physical attribute. Heat Vision, Flight, X-Ray vision, those are specialized powers that require conscious activation.

We know because of his Kryptonian DNA he also acts as a solar battery, and this is what gives him his physical strength...so why exactly would it not give him super speed? Since his speed would be coming from his direct muscular strength, as opposed to the non-standard explanation such as with the Speed Force guys.. no expression Heat vision, flight and x-ray vision do not require conscious activation. Superman himself discovered them by accident. As did all of the Kryptonians from the New Krypton storyline. As did Supergirl in Batman/Superman and even the new one in the New 52. So forgive me for saying this, but you're wrong.

And if you're trying to tell me that Doomsday does have heat vision, x-ray vision and flight strictly because of his Kryptonian heritage and just never chose to consciously activate them, forgive me for saying in advance, that's retarded. Originally posted by Placidity

Take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere. It's quite obvious you have no inkling that this thread was a direct respone to the arguments in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread. That I actually stated that outright in this thread leads me to believe you're a moron. Originally posted by Juntai
He was too fast for Guy Gardner to react.

GUY GARDNER.

Your argument is invalid.

cool Guy Gardner's kept up with Lobo. Your move. uhuh

kgkg
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

carver9
Hey, you offered.

And I don't consider Darkseid a brick. Plus, I'm pretty sure he has super speed as well.

POWERS AND WEAPONS

Darkseid's greatest power is his intellect. He is a ruthless strategist and organizer and holds the entire population of Apokolips, including his inner circle, in absolute dread of him. Darkseid's goal is not chaos but absolute order and the extinction of free will. A universe united under the will of Darkseid.
Even though he prefers to work through agents and not to engage in physical conflict with his enemies, Darkseid nevertheless possesses great superhuman strength, speed, and stamina. He was held his own against the likes of his own son Orion and Superman of Earth.

Darkseid also wields the power of the Omega Beams, force blasts emitted from his eyes. These beams can either erase a being from existance or simply transport them to a location of Darkseid's choosing.

http://www.dcuwiki.net/w/Darkseid

Where are you getting this bio from. Hulk bio states similar. This is from his bio.

The Hulk's powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has

displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, and Sentry.

Galan007

i could always turn things around too. hulk's speed HAS been referenced, sure, but by whom? he was a statue to a po'd spiderman. so who are the superspeedsters who have made reference to hulk? have they been momentarily surprised by it, or were they utterly overwhelmed as both kal and guy and booster were? love to see him overwhelming someone who HAS legit superspeed with speed of his own. thumb up

h1a8
Honestly, I would put him around Darkseid, Grundy level (high end Grundy) in regards to speed. Everything that Doomsday has done, Grundy has done as well...along with the statements that was mentioned for Doomsday. He isn't your typical brick but he sure as hell isnt Superman, Wonder Woman fast.

In short bursts (like within battle distance) DD has flash like speed. Tell me how fast do you have to be in order to be several meters away from the JL and in a blink hit them all SIMULTANEOUSLY (including Superman).
Superman at the time could see bullets in slow motion complained that he couldn't see him move and that his speed is too fast.

Then we have HP DD move so fast that he covered hundreds of meters, after being buried in rubble, before Darkseid could turn around. Darkseid has legitimate super speed and reflexes.

No brick has ever shown that type of speed. Not even close. You just can't hit more than 5 people with only 2 hands (including Superman watching you) if you don't have flash like speed.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
In short bursts (like within battle distance) DD has flash like speed. Tell me how fast do you have to be in order to be several meters away from the JL and in a blink hit them all SIMULTANEOUSLY (including Superman).
Superman at the time could see bullets in slow motion complained that he couldn't see him move and that his speed is too fast.

Then we have HP DD move so fast that he covered hundreds of meters, after being buried in rubble, before Darkseid could turn around. Darkseid has legitimate super speed and reflexes.

No brick has ever shown that type of speed. Not even close. You just can't hit more than 5 people with only 2 hands (including Superman watching you) if you don't have flash like speed.

confused

h1a8
confused reread dos

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
reread dos

Read DOS.

Stoic
I wonder what a black hole in both eyes would do to Doomsday's IQ?

Placidity
It's quite obvious you have no inkling that this thread was a direct respone to the arguments in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread. That I actually stated that outright in this thread leads me to believe you're a moron.

Oh wait, did you create the thread? Didn't think so. No one cares what you "outright stated", you're not even in a position to do so. If Carver admits he started a bait thread, then mods might deal with him. You are derailing the thread and playing politics because of your religious Hulk convictions.

It is clear you are emotional and angry - and you have stated several times you are - because you feel Hulk is being treated unfairly in another thread (and the same standards are not being applied to what you believe is a similar character here) - guess what, no one cares. If you want to discuss Hulk/Double Standards rather than the fight then create another thread to do it.

For now, take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere. Maybe you'll realize this once you've calmed down, but its really sad, like a child who got his hero insulted has to go around yelling at every one to take it back or how unfair it is.

abhilegend
Oh wait, did you create the thread? Didn't think so. No one cares what you "outright stated", you're not even in a position to do so. If Carver admits he started a bait thread, then mods might deal with him. You are derailing the thread and playing politics because of your religious Hulk convictions.

It is clear you are emotional and angry - and you have stated several times you are - because you feel Hulk is being treated unfairly in another thread (and the same standards are not being applied to what you believe is a similar character here) - guess what, no one cares. If you want to discuss Hulk/Double Standards rather than the fight then create another thread to do it.

For now, take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere. Maybe you'll realize this once you've calmed down, but its really sad, like a child who got his hero insulted has to go around yelling at every one to take it back or how unfair it is.
laughing out loudthumb up

carver9
That wasnt funny. I don't create bait threads. Someone asked me to make this thread, so I did. Look at all all the Hulk threads that gets created daily just to get my attention to pi** me off then maybe you'll aim that anger at someone else (yes, I'm famous like that). If you don't think Surfer would win this fight then vote against him but I'm not the type to create bait threads when I can prove my point in another thread involving Hulk.

Placidity
That sh** wasnt funny. I don't create bait threads. Someone asked me to make this thread, so I did. Look at all all the Hulk threads that gets created daily just to get my attention to pi** me off then maybe you'll aim that anger at someone else (yes, I'm famous like that). If you don't think Surfer would win this fight then vote against him but I'm not the type to create bait threads when I can prove my point in another thread involving Hulk.

I'm not saying you are. OneDumbGo was implying this was a political thread, and I am saying unless Carver actually says it is a bait thread, then this is a legitimate thread. For once I am "defending" you.

As for the topic, IMO CISLESS Surfer would win. The most important reason being CIS OFF for SS, and on for Doomsday. I've always viewed CISLess SS as being at the top of the food chain among Heralds. CISless SS means he has access to all of his powers with Cosmic Awareness aiding him in determining which course of action would be most efficient and effective.

carver9
I'm not saying you are. OneDumbGo was implying this was a political thread, and I am saying unless Carver actually says it is a bait thread, then this is a legitimate thread. For once I am "defending" you.

As for the topic, IMO CISLESS Surfer would win. The most important reason being CIS OFF for SS, and on for Doomsday. I've always viewed CISLess SS as being at the top of the food chain among Heralds. CISless SS means he has access to all of his powers with Cosmic Awareness aiding him in determining which course of action would be most efficient and effective.

Aaaaahhhh, gotcha, my bad (you should always defend me...Hulk stomps evil face ).

Odekahn

roflmfao! And that right there is gold. /clap

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Stoic
I wonder what a black hole in both eyes would do to Doomsday's IQ?

He would adapt to become a super genius with a new brain.

sneer

Juntai
Guy Gardner's kept up with Lobo. Your move. uhuh Which leads us to Guy Gardner = Lobo < Doomsday in the super-speed category. Which means Doomsday is way off the charts, because Guy and Lobo don't deal in logic.

Mistress-Death
Surfer stomps

-Pr-
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
no expression

Pretty much reaction to this thread.

OneDumbG0

For now, take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere. Maybe you'll realize this once you've calmed down, but its really sad, like a child who got his hero insulted has to go around yelling at every one to take it back or how unfair it is. This thread being a direct response to the arguments made in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread doesn't make it a bait thread. What it makes it, is a direct response to the arguments made in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=562589&pagenumber=18

It is clear you're being a moron. My incredulity that Doomsday is faster than Surfer or has superspeed on par with Superman can be expressed in many ways. The easiest way is: Doomsday is about as fast as the Hulk. Who most people wouldn't even begin to suggest is faster than Surfer or on par with Superman.

At some point, you can get over the fact that not only are the observations cogent, the origins of this thread clear, but the deconstructions of the double standards remain. That you feel the need to destruct conversations that are very much on-topic, i.e., Doomsday's superspeed (or lack thereof), is your problem, not mine.

Take a tampon. We're talking about Doomsday's speed here. Not your irrational gamma-induced anal bleeding. And it's fairly obvious it's sourced in your Hulk butthurt. Because I can't really imagine you waddling into a Gladiator thread and going b1tchtastic when someone happens to mention Superman as an analogue/comparison, "zomg, this isn't about Superman! Don't ever mention Superman in a Gladiator thread! Go make a Superman thread if you're going to talk about him, waah waah waah!!!11"

Then again, you can always surprise me. kinda

Placidity
This thread being a direct response to the arguments made in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread doesn't make it a bait thread. What it makes it, is a direct response to the arguments made in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=562589&pagenumber=18

Are we just repeating the same thing again? Just because you say it is a direct response means nothing. You are not the OP. OP has refuted your claims. What you DO WANT, is to make it about that thread so you have an excuse rant on about Hulk. No one cares.

It is clear you're being a moron.

On the contrary, that is not clear at all. You are the one derailing the thread with your Hulk butthurt nonsense. Maybe its time to do a little self-reflecting.

My incredulity that Doomsday is faster than Surfer or has superspeed on par with Superman can be expressed in many ways. The easiest way is: Doomsday is about as fast as the Hulk. Who most people wouldn't even begin to suggest is faster than Surfer or on par with Superman.

Too bad that's not all you were saying. Now I fully expect you to lie and claim it was, but your posts are all there. You are not worth my time quoting it. Its hard to explain why you were angry if that's all it was about. Oh wait its not hard to explain at all - you were butthurt but don't want to admit it.

Because I can't really imagine you waddling into a Gladiator thread and going b1tchtastic when someone happens to mention Superman as an analogue/comparison, "zomg, this isn't about Superman! Don't ever mention Superman in a Gladiator thread! Go make a Superman thread if you're going to talk about him, waah waah waah!!!11"

Then again, you can always surprise me. kinda

Moronic how you can turn that around when you are the one whining in this thread about Hulk. I don't even know how you can post such drivel without feeling like an idiot, and I mean intellectually, even logically void. Maybe when you see me behaving like yourself in another thread then you can attempt to copy my observations about you.

All you have are personal attacks because you know I am right, you were butthurt about Hulk, you were angry about how he was treated - the injustice of it all was not something you could stand for. Yes all very noble - now take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere.

OneDumbG0
Are we just repeating the same thing again? Just because you say it is a direct response means nothing. You are not the OP. OP has refuted your claims. What you DO WANT, is to make it about that thread so you have an excuse rant on about Hulk. No one cares. My claim wasn't that this was a bait thread, moron. My claim was that it was a direct response to arguments made in the WBH vs Martian Manhunter thread. That carver9 already admitted to making this thread, "That wasnt funny. I don't create bait threads. Someone asked me to make this thread, so I did." because he was asked to in there ought to inform you that you need to sit down, shut up and listen. Originally posted by Placidity
On the contrary, that is not clear at all. You are the one derailing the thread with your Hulk butthurt nonsense. Maybe its time to do a little self-reflecting.

Too bad that's not all you were saying. Now I fully expect you to lie and claim it was, but your posts are all there. You are not worth my time quoting it. Its hard to explain why you were angry if that's all it was about. Oh wait its not hard to explain at all - you were butthurt but don't want to admit it.

Moronic how you can turn that around when you are the one whining in this thread about Hulk. I don't even know how you can post such drivel without feeling like an idiot, and I mean intellectually, even logically void. Maybe when you see me behaving like yourself in another thread then you can attempt to copy my observations about you.

All you have are personal attacks because you know I am right, you were butthurt about Hulk, you were angry about how he was treated - the injustice of it all was not something you could stand for. Yes all very noble - now take your Hulk butthurt elsewhere. You have got to be 15 lbs of stupid in a 10 lb bag, aren't you? First of all, I didn't bring up Hulk in this thread. That was carver9, leonidas and Odekahn. In fact, I was talking about Doomsday and not Hulk for the first few pages of this thread.

So let me ask you... who here is upset that Hulk is being discussed? Me? Obviously not. Because when others were talking about it, I wasn't even engaging in it and eventually started responding to it constructively. You? Phuck, yes. Because for whatever reason, you're flopping around in your anal blood so badly you don't even realize who's talking about what.

So, once again, what exactly do you stand for? A defender of "keeping on topic"? A backseat mod who demands that "nobody but the characters in the thread title may be discussed"? Or are you just some half-a$$ed nitwit who has b1tched and moaned in other Hulk threads (yeah, you have)... and when you see Hulk being discussed you end up taking it out on me when I'm not even the one that brought him up or was discussing him in the first place?

Seriously, learn to read English. You want to go b1tch-mode on people for bringing up Hulk, go b1tch-mode on the people who brought him up in the first place. Singling me out only demonstrates one thing: you have a massive amount of pent-up gamma-shaped boot up your anus. Now do yourself a favor and go jump in some Mr. Majestic thread and spam report everyone that happens to make a reference/analogy to Superman to manufacture some pretense that your backseat modding contributes anything. Also, make sure you single out the person who didn't even bring up Superman in the first place. Consistency is key here for you. Even when it's being consistently stupid and consistently butthurt.

doped

Placidity
blah blah blah. spam report everyone that happens to make a reference/analogy to Superman.

Yep, because thats all you were doing roll eyes (sarcastic)

The implications from the beginning and your rants about "the irony of this thread" was you whining about Hulk for those who are more discerning.

What is this alleged "irony"? Yes that DD apparently not receiving the same standards Hulk was subjected to, their opponents being similar - that was obvious. You continued on with this for awhile.

I find it hilarious how you try to reverse the tables on me by mentioning something about me and Superman. Yea, good luck with that.

From now on I will reply to your posts with:

Proof of Butthurt:

Phucking christ. I can honestly say that this thread is starting to p1ss me off.

Placidity
dp

OneDumbG0
Yep, because thats all you were doing roll eyes (sarcastic)

The implications from the beginning and your rants about "the irony of this thread" was you whining about Hulk for those who are more discerning.

What is this alleged "irony"? Yes that DD apparently not receiving the same standards Hulk was subjected to, their opponents being similar - that was obvious. You continued on with this for awhile.

I find it hilarious how you try to reverse the tables on me by mentioning something about me and Superman. Yea, good luck with that.

From now on I will reply to your posts with:

Proof of Butthurt: shocklaugh

So now you're backtracking on what this thread's origins were ("stfu, this thread has nothing to do with Hulk"wink to manufacture pretense for singling me out when I didn't even bring up Hulk in the first place ("stfu, it's obvious this was about Hulk the entire time if you read between the lines"wink?

laughcry

But, congratulations! You win the weekly phail award for "biggest-foot-in-mouth-post-exchange." It was a close race, but you definitely clinched it with your arbitrary anger at the poster who didn't even bring up Hulk in the first place. The whole reversing course 180 degrees on your other justification for anger certainly clinched it for you. Not often you can take the role of a b1tch-mode backseat mod and make it even worse for yourself.

You, sir, are a phucking internet warrior. /salute kinda

-Pr-
Guys, tone down the hostility, please.

Placidity
shocklaugh

So now you're backtracking on what this thread's origins were ("stfu, this thread has nothing to do with Hulk"wink to manufacture pretense for singling me out when I didn't even bring up Hulk in the first place ("stfu, it's obvious this was about Hulk the entire time if you read between the lines"wink?

laughcry

But, congratulations! You win the weekly phail award for "biggest-foot-in-mouth-post-exchange." It was a close race, but you definitely clinched it with your arbitrary anger at the poster who didn't even bring up Hulk in the first place. The whole reversing course 180 degrees on your other justification for anger certainly clinched it for you. Not often you can take the role of a b1tch-mode backseat mod and make it even worse for yourself.

You, sir, are a phucking internet warrior. /salute kinda

I was right about you being behaving like a child. I love the smileys by the way. You are the god of ad hom and smileys. Is it your way of getting a "reaction" out of me lol... I mean you know you are going to look foolish either way, I think you're going for a thread lock or for me to "get angry" so I get warned to save face. Tactics like that are easy to recognize, its the type of things people resort to when they have no way out.

Proof of Butthurt:

smile

OneDumbG0
^ Right. Like you have any excuse to accuse others of ad hominem when you're the genius who decided to yell at a poster for discussing Hulk with other people who had already brought up Hulk in the first place.

You've got one tactic down straight: chewing on the shoe presently in your mouth. The only way you could have avoided this epic e-trainwreck was admitting, "oops.... sorry, didn't realize other people brought up Hulk and not you." But, no. That wouldn't have soothed the Hulk-shaped imprint on your tuckus.

But please, keep projecting a feigning sense of bemusement. We all believe that you haven't just made a colossal bumbling goon of yourself. kinda Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, tone down the hostility, please. Reported for talking about hostility... even if you're not the one who instigated the hostility in the first place... still, y'know... hostility has no place in this thread or these forums. And you're not helping matters by shining a light on it. So... reported. Yeah...

sneer

abhilegend
Lulz at this thread.

Placidity
Hey, hey, hey wanna know something?

Proof of Butthurt:

OneDumbG0
^ Hey hey? Wanna know something? Artificially expanding posts isn't going to cover up the bumbling mess you created for yourself. kinda

And, yes, I am annoyed that people think Doomsday is faster than Surfer or Superman. I was annoyed about that from page 1, before Hulk was brought up... by three other people before me... which somehow makes it only my fault that Hulk was being discussed...

hysterical

Let me know when you start trolling carver9, leonidas and Odekahn for bringing up Hulk in this thread. Of course, it'd be awkward considering you were defending carver9's intentions when he made this thread to justify b1tching me out. laughing out loud

-Pr-
I don't think Doomsday is faster than Superman or Surfer.

I'd say he's faster than Hulk though. Otherwise he's not quite the "Superman killer" he's supposed to be, imo.

And guys, seriously?

Diesldude
This isn't a race from Jupiter to Earth, this is a fight. HP DD kills SS so fast it makes Thanos GREEN with envy.

Placidity
before Hulk was brought up... by three other people before me... which somehow makes it my fault that Hulk was being discussed...

hysterical

No you did.

It's intentional.

The real irony lies in people not recognizing that.

Proof of Butthurt:

smile

OneDumbG0
^ Still chewing on that foot of yours I see. I like how you spent two pages trying to convince me that this thread didn't have anything to do with Hulk and only now, having realized your folly, that you're trying to convince us that we all should have been reading between the lines and see it was about Hulk from the start... like I told you. Nice failure attempt to save face. It might be working. mhmm

But anyway, feel free to prove that Doomsday is faster than Surfer and Superman though. laughcry Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think Doomsday is faster than Superman or Surfer.

I'd say he's faster than Hulk though. Otherwise he's not quite the "Superman killer" he's supposed to be, imo.

And guys, seriously? Stop bringing up Hulk, -Pr-. GAWD. Not every thread has to be about Hulk! belch

Philosophía
You have got to be kidding me. A post fact does not suddenly solidify Booster Gold's statement as being faithfully literal. What he did in Death of Superman, Savage Hulk has surpassed on-panel. And Doomsday being some genetic freak of Kryptonian science doesn't justify reverse-projection of all of Superman's feats. Phucking christ. I can honestly say that this thread is starting to p1ss me off. All of the statements are corroborated by Superman later having problems matching Doomsday's speed, in the final fight in Metropolis.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/SupermanvsDoomsdayFinal3.jpg

If Hulk would be in the same situation, and somebody with nanosecond-level combat speed (which Superman was, at this point) commented on his difficulty in matching his speed while in hand to hand combat for the fate of the world, you'd be dripping happiness in your pants. Don't pretent otherwise. You can dance around it all you want, but the issues have made it very clear, repeatedly, that his combat speed is high-end, by different fighters, in the same arc, twice of which being implied to be on Superman/Flash level, and third by another person with superspeed expressing stupefaction at him moving as fast as he does.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanvol2003p08.jpg You didn't read that comic. Darkseid has superspeed. You are dense.

The sooner you proceed to accepting or improving either of those, the beter.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>