PC Superman vs Silver Surfer, Thor and Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
PIS and CIS are off. No weakness exploitation like red sun, kryptonite or magic. Who wins?

Cogito
Superman wrecks them. Easily

Colossus-Big C
Supes, although hulk got stronger and started to vibrate superman with his punches untill supes started blocking. Hulk is the only one with the potential to be a physical threat to superman here.

Odekahn
Spite thread. Superman stomps.

Magnon
PC Supes superstomps them.

Juntai
Originally posted by Cogito
Superman wrecks them. Easily

Mistress-Death
Team

Juntai
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Team You have to be kidding. Superman ends this fight as soon as he tires of it. Instantly, or drawn out just to amuse himself.

lilshogun
PC Earth humans can stomp Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk. You don't need PC Superman.

Odekahn
Originally posted by lilshogun
PC Earth humans can stomp Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk. You don't need PC Superman.

lmao

I just pictured Ma Kent roflstomping the team.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
PIS and CIS are off. No weakness exploitation like red sun, kryptonite or magic. Who wins?

PIS off? Well, there goes a lot of the vaunted Pre-Crisis feats. mmm

Curious as to why there's no weakness exploitation allowed, though?

PillarofOsiris
Turn weakness exploitation on and this still isn't a fair fight.

carver9
Team wins. Minus his insane fts of sneezing away Galaxy...his fights wasn't as impressive as his space cheese fts. Team 8/10.

Endless Mike
And again carver doesn't disappoint with the kind of post I expected from him.

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
And again carver doesn't disappoint with the kind of post I expected from him.

Good to see you too Mike.

Endless Mike
Keep it up dude, you're a riot

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Curious as to why there's no weakness exploitation allowed, though?
Why's that jake? You can make a thread with weakness exploitattion on. See the result.Originally posted by carver9
Team wins. Minus his insane fts of sneezing away Galaxy...his fights wasn't as impressive as his space cheese fts. Team 8/10.
Lulz.

JakeTheBank
Why's that jake? You can make a thread with weakness exploitattion on. See the result.
Lulz.

Plot Induced Stupidity was pretty big in some of the Silver Age stories.

I was just curious as to why you'd turn it off in the first place?

abhilegend
Plot Induced Stupidity was pretty big in some of the Silver Age stories.

I was just curious as to why you'd turn it off in the first place?
Really, you aren't implying that superman doing those things was PIS, do you? So it doesn't devolve in another surfer creating kryptonite and oneshotting superman type debate.

JakeTheBank
Really, you aren't implying that superman doing those things was PIS, do you? So it doesn't devolve in another surfer creating kryptonite and oneshotting superman type debate.

No.

I'm saying that a bunch of those feats are garbage because half of them don't make any sense even given comic logic and the other half are just stupid in terms of explanation and scale.

Of course, I recognize they did happen and are canon for Pre-Crisis Superman. I just think a bunch of those PC feats, not just his, but in general, are retarded as all hell. So you can cut me some credit on that front.

And really, a PC Superman thread is generally bound to devolve into "Superman stomps/oneshots *insert opponent* 10/10 with ease" anyway, so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

abhilegend
No.

I'm saying that a bunch of those feats are garbage because half of them don't make any sense even given comic logic and the other half are just stupid in terms of explanation and scale.

Of course, I recognize they did happen and are canon for Pre-Crisis Superman. I just think a bunch of those PC feats, not just his, but in general, are retarded as all hell. So you can cut me some credit on that front.

And really, a PC Superman thread is generally bound to devolve into "Superman stomps/oneshots *insert opponent* 10/10 with ease" anyway, so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
And now who sounds bitter jake?

JakeTheBank
And now who sounds bitter jake?

I'm not the one responding to posts from 2008, am I? wink

abhilegend
I'm not the one responding to posts from 2008, am I? wink
I wasn't responding or quoting anyone. I just bumped a thread and showed some scans. Now you were talking about "being touched", I found out why.

JakeTheBank
I wasn't responding or quoting anyone. I just bumped a thread and showed some scans. Now you were talking about "being touched", I found out why.

C'mon, man. At least be honest here.

You bumped a thread because you got upset or strongly disagreed with what a Surfer fan stated years ago - rightly or wrongly - posted scans of your own, and then challenged any Surfer fans to defend their "invincible god".

abhilegend
C'mon, man. At least be honest here.

You bumped a thread because you got upset or strongly disagreed with what a Surfer fan stated years ago - rightly or wrongly - posted scans of your own, and then challenged any Surfer fans to defend their "invincible god".
Nope, I was just reading threads as usual when I stumbled to this thread. I was astounded by the idiocy in this thread and being the kind man that I am corrected it. Now how's that is being upset? Now you tell me what happened to you?

JakeTheBank
Nope, I was just reading threads as usual when I stumbled to this thread. I was astounded by the idiocy in this thread and being the kind man that I am corrected it. Now how's that is being upset? Now you tell me what happened to you?

The tone in your post after bumping and responding to a old as dirt thread says as much.

abhilegend
The tone in your post after bumping and responding to a old as dirt thread says as much.
Nope, its all your insecurities which you're projecting on me.uhuh

JakeTheBank
Nope, its all your insecurities which you're projecting on me.uhuh

I ain't projecting nothin' but the troof.

abhilegend
I ain't projecting nothin' but the troof.
Every one of those boys say so too.ahuh

JakeTheBank
Every one of those boys say so too.ahuh

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9Ml_HqDxWX4/T2t_Epa31aI/AAAAAAAAA28/Z8yCp7KAzHc/s1600/black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

abhilegend
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9Ml_HqDxWX4/T2t_Epa31aI/AAAAAAAAA28/Z8yCp7KAzHc/s1600/black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmd6nvez1m1qafrh6.gif

JakeTheBank
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmd6nvez1m1qafrh6.gif

http://gifsoup.com/view5/2685576/stone-cold-stunner-on-the-rocl-o.gif

abhilegend
http://gifsoup.com/view5/2685576/stone-cold-stunner-on-the-rocl-o.gif
http://gifsoup.com/view1/1159593/the-rock-stuns-stone-cold-o.gif

-Pr-
You two are precious.

biensalsa
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Turn weakness exploitation on and this still isn't a fair fight.

We should turn on weakness exploitation on the Marvel side too, how about non implied vulnerabilities?

Everybody always jumps into weakness exploitation for Superman but they forget how their favorite character has his own share of vulnerabilities.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
You two are precious.
Yes we are. Like you and bada.sneer

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by biensalsa
We should turn on weakness exploitation on the Marvel side too, how about non implied vulnerabilities?

Everybody always jumps into weakness exploitation for Superman but they forget how their favorite character has his own share of vulnerabilities.

Like what?

abhilegend
Like what?
Bullet for one.sneer

JakeTheBank
Bullet for one.sneer

Wasn't aware anyone here had a conventional weakness to bullets, unless you're talking about that one time Thor got shot with a vibranium bullet to the dome, which is about as valid as a gas station exploding taking out Superman.

No one on team Marvel has a conventional weakness like Superman does, though, so I'm not sure of his point?

abhilegend
Wasn't aware anyone here had a conventional weakness to bullets, unless you're talking about that one time Thor got shot with a vibranium bullet to the dome, which is about as valid as a gas station exploding taking out Superman.

No one on team Marvel has a conventional weakness like Superman does, though, so I'm not sure of his point?
Originally posted by Mindset
Wrong.

Come at me.

biensalsa

Just to mention an example Hulk has a lot of times being defeated by gas, even though "gas" is not an explicit weakness.

Just like that every character in comics has it's own share

psycho gundam
oh no..........

JakeTheBank
Just to mention an example Hulk has a lot of times being defeated by gas, even though "gas" is not an explicit weakness.

Just like that every character in comics has it's own share

But how would gas be relevant here?

biensalsa

Well, you were just asking, and I responded, now You want me to create a whole scenario in which that comes into play?

I just gave you an example.

JakeTheBank
Well, you were just asking, and I responded, now You want me to create a whole scenario in which that comes into play, I just gave you an example.

I'm just not getting your stance though? Turning on weakness exploitation for team Marvel through non implied vulnerabilities doesn't make sense, as they'd be by, default, on. Hulk isn't "weak" to gas in the same sense that Superman would be "weak" to kryptonite, red solar energy, or adversely effected by magic (depending on how you view his relationship to magic). Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

biensalsa
I'm just not getting your stance though? Turning on weakness exploitation for team Marvel through non implied vulnerabilities doesn't make sense, as they'd be by, default, on. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Oh! I get your point. Yes maybe I did not explained myself correctly, last time I came here Silver Surfer was a "GOD" and pretty much the only character suffering from weaknesses exploitation was Superman, regardless of anything.

and the no limits fallacy argument left and right for every Marvel character

quanchi112
Oh! I get your point. Yes maybe I did not explained myself correctly, last time I came here Silver Surfer was a "GOD" and pretty much the only character suffering from weaknesses exploitation was Superman, regardless of anything.

and the no limits fallacy argument left and right for every Marvel character Superman has specific weaknesses while gas isn't a specific weakness of the Hulk's.

Juntai
No.

And really, a PC Superman thread is generally bound to devolve into "Superman stomps/oneshots *insert opponent* 10/10 with ease" anyway, so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. So you think we should have a cut off of Silver Age Marvel feats for the likes of Hulk and Thor as well, because of the absurdity of the era?

I agree.

smile

abhilegend
Originally posted by Juntai
So you think we should have a cut off of Silver Age Marvel feats for the likes of Hulk and Thor as well, because of the absurdity of the era?

I agree.

smile
Nope, just superman has the absurd feats and his low feats are the norm for him or the high feats superman is different from low feats superman or something like that. Didn't you get the memo?

Juntai
Nope, just superman has the absurd feats and his low feats are the norm for him or the high feats superman is different from low feats superman or something like that. Didn't you get the memo? Well if we cut out their retarded Silver Age feats it cut out half of their feats and becomes even less likely that most of those characters are comparable to the likes of Superman. Given his last 10 years has feats comparable to their last 50, and not only just as impressive, but far greater in number. Shows their ultimate maximums are just.. I dunno. .. average for the Man of Steel.

abhilegend
Well if we cut out their retarded Silver Age feats it cut out half of their feats and becomes even less likely that most of those characters are comparable to the likes of Superman. Given his last 10 years has feats comparable to their last 50, and not only just as impressive, but far greater in number. Shows their ultimate maximums are just.. I dunno. .. average for the Man of Steel.
What're you talking about? Didn't you look how fast thor moved in that comic 40 years ago or how he ran in a park at super-speed? That totally makes sense, only superman's doesn't. Why would we take his solar system sneezing feat into account, it isn't like he has snuffed stars on two different time under two different writers, moved a giant star with his breath, moved earth with his breath etc. But thor affecting a multiversal being (chaos king) with his lightning is totally acceptable.

quanchi112

Curious as to why there's no weakness exploitation allowed, though? Look at who made the thread.

Prep-Man
Nope, just superman has the absurd feats and his low feats are the norm for him or the high feats superman is different from low feats superman or something like that. Didn't you get the memo?

What would you say is his lowest feat?

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
Look at who made the thread.
Says the guy who is arguing about king thor beating kal kent in a match without his power source is a fair fight.
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What would you say is his lowest feat?
I don't know, I haven't seen them. But usually there is a context behind those low showings unlike surfer getting ktfo by hammers or thor getting koed by a tranquilizer bullet.

PillarofOsiris
How is gas not a weakness for the Hulk when it takes him down easier than kryptonite has been shown to take down Superman?

quanchi112
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
How is gas not a weakness for the Hulk when it takes him down easier than kryptonite has been shown to take down Superman? Gas can hurt him it's just not a specific weakness. It's like saying Superman has a weakness to punches since they have knocked him out before. Superman isn't immune to powerful punches but they aren't a specific weakness.

Says the guy who is arguing about king thor beating kal kent in a match without his power source is a fair fight.

The super sun is an external amp. He still gets his powers but the environment isn't set up right next to is external amp. You still see Kal Kent as winning so it's ridiculous for you to say it isn't fair.

Dream Stuff

PC Superman's gas is the stuff of legend.

biensalsa
Gas can hurt him it's just not a specific weakness. It's like saying Superman has a weakness to punches since they have knocked him out before. Superman isn't immune to powerful punches but they aren't a specific weakness.

Gas is not a specific weakness for the Hulk, but people seem to forget that just because characters have no specific weakness, they are unbeatable

Like for example Thor, for what I have seen about Thor, He is not immune to powerful lasers, yet most people will believe that no laser in the universe will be able to hurt Thor, so therefore Superman's laser vision can do nothing to Thor.

So, yes I agree You can take Superman down if you hit him hard enough, but will you agree that you can severe one of Thor's limbs with a laser?

Go into any single thread of SM in here and you will always find the words Kryptonite, Red. and Magic

Go to any of the others and you will rarely see a Hulk thread mentioning Gas, even though Gas should be considered a weakness for Hulk, because hes been defeated with it many, many times.

The point is that every character has limits, but people seem to forget about those.

abhilegend
Gas can hurt him it's just not a specific weakness. It's like saying Superman has a weakness to punches since they have knocked him out before. Superman isn't immune to powerful punches but they aren't a specific weakness.

The super sun is an external amp. He still gets his powers but the environment isn't set up right next to is external amp. You still see Kal Kent as winning so it's ridiculous for you to say it isn't fair.
Nope, it's the normal power source for him which you took away in your thread. He still wins but add super sun and its no contest.

JakeTheBank
So you think we should have a cut off of Silver Age Marvel feats for the likes of Hulk and Thor as well, because of the absurdity of the era?

I agree.

smile

Nice strawman attempt.

Me thinking a feat is stupid/silly/absurd =/= me thinking said feat doesn't count or shouldn't be used. Thor and Hulk have retarded feats too and I never said otherwise.

What're you talking about? Didn't you look how fast thor moved in that comic 40 years ago or how he ran in a park at super-speed? That totally makes sense, only superman's doesn't. Why would we take his solar system sneezing feat into account, it isn't like he has snuffed stars on two different time under two different writers, moved a giant star with his breath, moved earth with his breath etc. But thor affecting a multiversal being (chaos king) with his lightning is totally acceptable.

And you honestly don't think any of what you typed up here is bitter sounding at all? erm

abhilegend
Nice strawman attempt.

Me thinking a feat is stupid/silly/absurd =/= me thinking said feat doesn't count or shouldn't be used. Thor and Hulk have retarded feats too and I never said otherwise.

And you honestly don't think any of what you typed up here is bitter sounding at all? erm
Nope.

JakeTheBank
Nope.

You sure about that?

Because the two posts reeked of a thinly veiled accusation that I somehow "pick" on Superman or something but let Thor get a pass or that there's some kind of movement against PC Superman for whatever reason. I've dealt with that shit before, so I'm pretty keen on picking up when that sentiment is uttered or implied.

It's the only thing that makes sense given the oddly specific examples such as Chaos King or a speed feat 40 years ago.

If you have an accusation to make, go ahead and make it, but don't try to come off as snippy in your posts or resort to strawman tactics.

abhilegend
You sure about that?

Because the two posts reeked of a thinly veiled accusation that I somehow "pick" on Superman or something but let Thor get a pass or that there's some kind of movement against PC Superman for whatever reason. I've dealt with that shit before, so I'm pretty keen on picking up when that sentiment is uttered or implied.

It's the only thing that makes sense given the oddly specific examples such as Chaos King or a speed feat 40 years ago.

If you have an accusation to make, go ahead and make it, but don't try to come off as snippy in your posts or resort to strawman tactics.
I was just ridiculing the notion that since its silver age, its ok to dismiss superman's feats but bring feats of thor or silver surfer which are as ridiculous or even more than superman from the same era. You can think that "I sounds bitter" but frankly I don't care at all. I didn't accuse of anything at all, I told you directly.

JakeTheBank
I was just ridiculing the notion that since its silver age, its ok to dismiss superman's feats but bring feats of thor or silver surfer which are as ridiculous or even more than superman from the same era. You can think that "I sounds bitter" but frankly I don't care at all. I didn't accuse of anything at all, I told you directly.

Which feats of Thor's or Silver Surfer's are as or more ridiculous than Superman of the same era? Legitimately curious.

And again, who says I'm dismissing those feats to begin with? I can think those feats are ridiculous as all hell (some of them truly are) and are downright absurd in some cases. That in of itself doesn't mean I think they don't exist or don't count. Like I said before, that's where being objective comes in. There's plenty of stuff in comics I'm not a fan of or think don't even bother deserve being printed on paper in the first place, but I don't wave my hand and act like they never happened or arbitrarily decide what counts and what doesn't.

quanchi112
Nope, it's the normal power source for him which you took away in your thread. He still wins but add super sun and its no contest. So you're complaining he needs to win more decisively in your mind for it to be a fair thread ? You can't be this simple. It's an external amp. The arc he appeared throughout in 1 million he was without it pretty much the entire arc. It's an amp plain and simple. Odinforce is far more powerful than Kal Kent.Originally posted by biensalsa
Gas is not a specific weakness for the Hulk, but people seem to forget that just because characters have no specific weakness, they are unbeatable

Like for example Thor, for what I have seen about Thor, He is not immune to powerful lasers, yet most people will believe that no laser in the universe will be able to hurt Thor, so therefore Superman's laser vision can do nothing to Thor.

So, yes I agree You can take Superman down if you hit him hard enough, but will you agree that you can severe one of Thor's limbs with a laser?

Go into any single thread of SM in here and you will always find the words Kryptonite, Red. and Magic

Go to any of the others and you will rarely see a Hulk thread mentioning Gas, even though Gas should be considered a weakness for Hulk, because hes been defeated with it many, many times.

The point is that every character has limits, but people seem to forget about those. Whoa, whoa, whoa. A specific weakness is one thing that doesn't need using said weakness is a win either but acting like gas is a weakness to the Hulk is inaccurate.

The Hulk isn't 100 percent immune to gas but it isn't something akin to red solar energy to Superman.

No one argues this way or from what I've seen so slow down. Magic, red solar energy, and kryptonite are weakness to Superman. This is dc's thing while marvel doesn't list gas as a weakness for the Hulk.

biensalsa
So you're complaining he needs to win more decisively in your mind for it to be a fair thread ? You can't be this simple. It's an external amp. The arc he appeared throughout in 1 million he was without it pretty much the entire arc. It's an amp plain and simple. Odinforce is far more powerful than Kal Kent. Whoa, whoa, whoa. A specific weakness is one thing that doesn't need using said weakness is a win either but acting like gas is a weakness to the Hulk is inaccurate.

The Hulk isn't 100 percent immune to gas but it isn't something akin to red solar energy to Superman.

No one argues this way or from what I've seen so slow down. Magic, red solar energy, and kryptonite are weakness to Superman. This is dc's thing while marvel doesn't list gas as a weakness for the Hulk.

Should I collect all of them??? This is only the tip of the iceberg.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Hulk%20and%20gas%20attacks/

TheHulk
I Love It When People Use Wrestling To Insult Each Other(The Rock>Stone Cold Steve Austin) And Team 5/5

TheHulk
Yes we are. Like you and bada.sneer thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheHulk
I Love It When People Use Wrestling To Insult Each Other(The Rock>Stone Cold Steve Austin) And Team 5/5

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ii7ipz.jpg

quanchi112
Should I collect all of them??? This is only the tip of the iceberg.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Hulk%20and%20gas%20attacks/ It's the same as me using punches or something to show Superman has a weakness to fists.

carver9
Which Hulk is this? Is this Savage or WWH? If its WWH, gas doesn't work on him?

JakeTheBank
What about Family Man Hulk?

carver9
What about Family Man Hulk?

Lol...Pease don't start this again Jake. Da**.

JakeTheBank
Honest question. Really. I'm curious as to when the last time gas effected Hulk on panel.

carver9
Honest question. Really. I'm curious as to when the last time gas effected Hulk on panel.

It's been a bit. They tried it during World at War and it failed...didn't even slow him down (have the scans if you want to see them).

TheHulk
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ii7ipz.jpg BOOT TO ASSES!!!

abhilegend
BOOT TO ASSES!!!
http://i.imgur.com/DXijd.gif

Placidity
It's the same as me using punches or something to show Superman has a weakness to fists.

Not the same thing at all.

It should be said that Hulk has been known on many occasions that he can be affected by gas (important to note what kind/potency). Now while it probably isn't correct to label it as a weakness, people probably do so because when we're talking about people on Superman's (or even Hulk's) level of invulnerability, we wouldn't expect mere gas (unless its some super gas) to affect him.

You can say Superman has been known on many occasions that he can be affected by physical force in the form of a punch. Just sounds silly.

BTW I don't even know why there's a debate on whether to call gas a weakness or not for Hulk. Either establish Hulk has a considerable history of being affected by it or not. Even after that I don't know what the original point was and how its relevant to this fight.

biensalsa
It's the same as me using punches or something to show Superman has a weakness to fists.

lol, is not the same thing at all.

biensalsa
Originally posted by Placidity

It should be said that Hulk has been known on many occasions that he can be affected by gas (important to note what kind/potency). Now while it probably isn't correct to label it as a weakness, people probably do so because when we're talking about people on Superman's (or even Hulk's) level of invulnerability, we wouldn't expect mere gas (unless its some super gas) to affect him.

You can say Superman has been known on many occasions that he can be affected by physical force in the form of a punch. Just sounds silly.

BTW I don't even know why there's a debate on whether to call gas a weakness or not for Hulk. Either establish Hulk has a considerable history of being affected by it or not. Even after that I don't know what the original point was and how its relevant to this fight.

Yes, I agree this is not labeled a weakness but a vulnerability and it should be mentioned that it would depend on the potency on the gas and weather He inhales the vapors or not.

The point I'm making is that in most forums people forget that all the superheroes have limits, vulnerabilities or weaknesses and people seem to forget them.

Case in point, now they are asking "when was the last time Hulk faced gas" as if Hulk is not vulnerable to gas anymore if He inhales the vapors.

That is all, people forget for their own benefit that all superheroes have vulnerabilities and focus all their attention in creating kryptonite around

quanchi112
Originally posted by Placidity

BTW I don't even know why there's a debate on whether to call gas a weakness or not for Hulk. Either establish Hulk has a considerable history of being affected by it or not. Even after that I don't know what the original point was and how its relevant to this fight. It comes down to this weaknesses are dictated by the writers. Superman's weaknesses are pretty cut and dry. Hulk doesn't have weaknesses in the same vein. Gas has affected him obviously that just means it affects him like punches affect both he and Superman. That doesn't mean that punches are a weakness for either. It's the same kind of basic logic and sounds ridiculous but then again listing gas as a weakness for the Hulk is pretty ridiculous.

quanchi112
lol, is not the same thing at all. At its core it is.

biensalsa
At its core it is.

At the core We all have the potential to use our brains. Some show it more, some don't

Do not list Hulk vulnerability for gas as a weakeness is just a vulnerability and remember it when debating on forums.

That is all I am saying.

Like the fact that Silver Surfer gets tired after using CP people forget that a lot too.

Diesldude
The Rock>Stone Cold Steve Austin

You're kidding right?

biensalsa
Oh I forgot, I have to answer, Who wins?

Superman sneezes and kills them all

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk293/BattlethreadJok/Action_Comics-273-04.jpg

btw that is a speed feat too big grin

-Pr-
Originally posted by Diesldude
You're kidding right?

Nope; he's right too.

Juntai
Nope; he's right too. He cut some good promos, but Stone Cold was never really a good wrestler.

-Pr-
He cut some good promos, but Stone Cold was never really a good wrestler.

I thought he was decent. He had a savagery in the ring that served him well; I just tend to consider the Rock as being the best all round wrestler since Hulk Hogan.

batdude123
I thought he was decent. He had a savagery in the ring that served him well; I just tend to consider the Rock as being the best all round wrestler since Hulk Hogan.

http://www.bradsburgers.com/images/chuck%20norris%20approves.gif

abhilegend
I thought that was cena.uhuh

I keed, I keed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by batdude123
http://www.bradsburgers.com/images/chuck%20norris%20approves.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/tumblr_lxl9gsgFHQ1qgcf06o1_400.gif

I thought that was cena.uhuh

I keed, I keed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/supernatural.gif

Raptor22
The argument for gas being a weakness for hulk is basically the same as the one for magic being a weakness for Superman. Where they're not any more susceptible to it than anyone else they are still vulnerable to it. And when one of your powers is to be invulnerable to almost anything like it is for hulk and supes then u would have to consider the things they are vulnerable to like gas and magic to be weaknesses.

dmills
The HHH, Rock and Stone Cold era of wrasslin' was by far my favorite. And I grew up on Hulkamania, the Mega Powers, Warrior madness et al.

Raptor22
Originally posted by dmills
The HHH, Rock and Stone Cold era of wrasslin' was by far my favorite. And I grew up on Hulkamania, the Mega Powers, Warrior madness et al. I always loved the time in-between with Brett hart, yokozuna, lex Luger, razor ramon and those guys.

quanchi112
At the core We all have the potential to use our brains. Some show it more, some don't

Do not list Hulk vulnerability for gas as a weakeness is just a vulnerability and remember it when debating on forums.

That is all I am saying.

Like the fact that Silver Surfer gets tired after using CP people forget that a lot too. No one ever said the Hulk is completely immune to gas I have no idea who has argued this before in your past.

What board are you from ? I think I need to run back into delta again.

Diesldude
Nope; he's right too.

I guess, the rock had one of the best mike skills of all-time among wwe wrestlers. Kurt angle was right up there too. My favorite is the hulk and Triple H #2. That dude was Diesel. smile

JakeTheBank
Shawn Michaels was the greatest in-ring performer of all time.

In terms of all-around entertainer, probably the Rock.

biensalsa
No one ever said the Hulk is completely immune to gas I have no idea who has argued this before in your past.

What board are you from ? I think I need to run back into delta again.

Geez dude, I just mentioned how many people seem to forget that their favorite characters are not unbeatable and then I explained some examples and then You said I listed the gas as a weakness.

I just wonder what is going to happen when I jump into Thor's set of vulnerabilities.

What board Am I from? Does it matter? What now? are you going to try to attack my credibility based on where I usually debate?

I don't think so, Right? So where I come from is not relevant to this topic

quanchi112
Geez dude, I just mentioned how many people seem to forget that their favorite characters are not unbeatable and then I explained some examples and then You said I listed the gas as a weakness.

I just wonder what is going to happen when I jump into Thor's set of vulnerabilities.

What board Am I from? Does it matter? What now? are you going to try to attack my credibility based on where I usually debate?

I don't think so, Right? So where I come from is not relevant to this topic I just want to post on your board. Every elite top tier hero has vulnerabilities but not everyone has specific weaknesses like Superman.

carver9

I don't think so, Right? So where I come from is not relevant to this topic

I have seen you on comicvine before.

biensalsa
Originally posted by carver9
I have seen you on comicvine before.

Good for you, but not exactly.

biensalsa
I just want to post on your board. Every elite top tier hero has vulnerabilities but not everyone has specific weaknesses like Superman.

You have already posted on it big grin

quanchi112
You have already posted on it big grin I can't remember what it's called. Devil hulk asked me to post over there. I just can't recall what it's called. I need to go back.

Damborgson
Superman wins

-Pr-

Honestly, I respect your opinion and why you have it, but for me, the only thing that's come close to Hogan's greatness is Rock's superhero-esque "second wind" thing where after taking a beating he'd come back and lay the smackdown on pretty much everyone.

The only thing that's ever beaten that, for me, is Hulkamania.

abhilegend

thumb up
HBK is just on another level.

Delta1938

Fail, Quanchi. Did you even pay attention to those scans? NUMEROUS times Hulk has been rendered unconscious by gas attacks, or even reverted back to Bruce Banner. And we're talking about generic gas in most instances. We have an example of SPIDER-MAN lasting longer against gas than Hulk, and Hulk being downed, and transformed back to Banner, by some random cops throwing normal tear gas(well, tear gas isn't gas, but the writer probably didn't know that, and I digress). Sure, Spider-Man is more durable than a normal human, but the durability difference between Hulk and Spidey is far greater than between Spidey and a normal human. Yet, Pete handled it better. During the Anti-Vietnam riots, protestors had developed enough of a tolerance to tear gas that they could run into the cloud, grab the canisters and throw them back at the police. What's my point? You'll see it soon.

Now for Superman, the amount of force required to hurt him would be far, far greater than required to hurt a normal human being. Yet, Hulk is downed by something that normal humans can handle, even in limited amounts. Unless you're going to argue that Hulk is inferior to hippies?

Anyways, common, Run-Of-The-Mill gas attacks have significantly harmed Hulk, regularly incapacitating him. Amount of force required to harm Superman? I'd have to say that surpassing a nuke is an understatement. Your argument is actually rather illogical.

Hell, considering numerous examples I've seen for Superman, I'd say gas harms Hulk worse than Kryptonite harms Superman(at least Post-CRISIS, Pre-NEW 52). Unless you're gonna troll lowballs and non-canon showings.

So, in closing, you argue that Superman is vulnerable to physical force because he can be harmed with sufficient levels of it, if Hulk is vulnerable to gas. Can I hurt Superman by punching him under normal circumstances? No. Can I down Hulk by spraying him with a canister of tear gas?

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Hulk%20and%20gas%20attacks/?action=view&current=IH103GASHIMAGAIN.jpg

Why, yes. Yes I can.

Diesldude
Superman Wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Delta1938
Fail, Quanchi. Did you even pay attention to those scans? NUMEROUS times Hulk has been rendered unconscious by gas attacks, or even reverted back to Bruce Banner. And we're talking about generic gas in most instances. We have an example of SPIDER-MAN lasting longer against gas than Hulk, and Hulk being downed, and transformed back to Banner, by some random cops throwing normal tear gas(well, tear gas isn't gas, but the writer probably didn't know that, and I digress). Sure, Spider-Man is more durable than a normal human, but the durability difference between Hulk and Spidey is far greater than between Spidey and a normal human. Yet, Pete handled it better. During the Anti-Vietnam riots, protestors had developed enough of a tolerance to tear gas that they could run into the cloud, grab the canisters and throw them back at the police. What's my point? You'll see it soon. So it's effective against the Hulk. It's also funny to see these ancient Hulk scans as some sort of proof despite Hulk obviously being a lot more powerful over recent years. This still means Hulk isn't immune and it works but it still isn't a weakness.
Hulk's power greatly varies due to his anger level and obviously where the writers have him pegged power wise. To even suggest this tactic would work on a current version of the Hulk is both an insult to my intelligence and my overall sensibilities. The logic at it's core is the same. If I posted scans of Hulk over 50 years ago we'd see he was far less powerful than he is by new earth's standards. Superman like the Hulk has steadily grown in power over the last forty years. Superman can be hurt by punches so by your logic it's a weakness. It's flat out wrong.
Way back in the day, sure. I never argued he was completely immune to gas attacks either. The funny thing is you posting scans from his 40 plus year resume really doesn't have any bearing on today's over the top version of the Hulk.
So if I use examples then it's lowballs but you're free to post examples way back when as your proof. K-nite is a weakness for Superman as dictated by dc. Gas isn't a weakness against the Hulk. Maybe in the past it's been effective but to argue it as a weakness it logically pushing it to the edges of being reasonable.
Just like your case can be taken down to Hulk has been vulnerable to certain levels of gas in the past.

Should I waste people's time by posting punches really hurting Superman while running around saying he has a weakness to haymakers ? Think next time, kiddo.

Delta1938
So it's effective against the Hulk. It's also funny to see these ancient Hulk scans as some sort of proof despite Hulk obviously being a lot more powerful over recent years. This still means Hulk isn't immune and it works but it still isn't a weakness.
Hulk's power greatly varies due to his anger level and obviously where the writers have him pegged power wise. To even suggest this tactic would work on a current version of the Hulk is both an insult to my intelligence and my overall sensibilities. The logic at it's core is the same. If I posted scans of Hulk over 50 years ago we'd see he was far less powerful than he is by new earth's standards. Superman like the Hulk has steadily grown in power over the last forty years. Superman can be hurt by punches so by your logic it's a weakness. It's flat out wrong.
Way back in the day, sure. I never argued he was completely immune to gas attacks either. The funny thing is you posting scans from his 40 plus year resume really doesn't have any bearing on today's over the top version of the Hulk.
So if I use examples then it's lowballs but you're free to post examples way back when as your proof. K-nite is a weakness for Superman as dictated by dc. Gas isn't a weakness against the Hulk. Maybe in the past it's been effective but to argue it as a weakness it logically pushing it to the edges of being reasonable.
Just like your case can be taken down to Hulk has been vulnerable to certain levels of gas in the past.

Should I waste people's time by posting punches really hurting Superman while running around saying he has a weakness to haymakers ? Think next time, kiddo.

You completely and UTTERLY fail to see the serious flaw in logic in your argument.

About the only good point you have is that Hulk's become more powerful over the years. It still doesn't counter MY point.

You're arguing that saying Hulk is weak against gas is like saying Superman's weak against being punched. Yet, it requires an insane amount of force to even harm Superman with physical force. If, with a rare exception of bad writing, Hulk were only harmed by some "super gas" that also effected others of comparable durability, then you'd have a point. But Hulk has been taken-down numerous times in the past by common, even generic gas attacks. This is disproportionately weak compared to his level of durability.

I actually haven't seen any examples of him taking gas attacks in recent years(heard it happened during WORLD WAR HULK, either I don't remember that example or it happened in a tie-in I didn't read) so I don't know how he's handled them now. But to compare him being incapacitated or even turned back to Banner by NORMAL tear/nerve/sleep/ect gas to Superman being hit with enough force to actually hurt him? Doesn't work.

As for the me talking about lowballing Superman on Kryptonite examples, that was preparing ahead of time in case someone I had in mind started trolling.

quanchi112
You completely and UTTERLY fail to see the serious flaw in logic in your argument.

About the only good point you have is that Hulk's become more powerful over the years. It still doesn't counter MY point. It's the same logic you are using. Superman has become more powerful throughout the years so the amount of force from a punch has spiked exponentially from say the 60's to say what it takes to hurt Superman. The Hulk's powers have grown as well so the amount of gas needed to affect him has grown if it at all works. I don't even think it would affect the Hulk anymore but never said he's immune to gas.
Hulk's grown in power just as Superman has throughout the years. My logic stands unflinching while yours makes exceptions ie. a double standard.
I am applying your logic to both and by your logic Superman has a weakness to punches. You want to have your cake and eat it too. The Hulk is one bad ass nowadays so your ancient scans don't apply to the Hulk of today. Sorry. I wish you the best. wink

Delta1938
It's the same logic you are using. Superman has become more powerful throughout the years so the amount of force from a punch has spiked exponentially from say the 60's to say what it takes to hurt Superman. The Hulk's powers have grown as well so the amount of gas needed to affect him has grown if it at all works. I don't even think it would affect the Hulk anymore but never said he's immune to gas.
Hulk's grown in power just as Superman has throughout the years. My logic stands unflinching while yours makes exceptions ie. a double standard.
I am applying your logic to both and by your logic Superman has a weakness to punches. You want to have your cake and eat it too. The Hulk is one bad ass nowadays so your ancient scans don't apply to the Hulk of today. Sorry. I wish you the best. wink

No, nah, nope. Your logic is flawed. Yes, both have become more powerful over time. But even the Byrne-era Superman required at least a nuke literally in the face to KO him. Hulk has been downed by regular tear gas. How are you not comprehending this?

Even if Hulk's resistance has increased, and I'd like to see an actual example, it doesn't mean he's still not disproportionately weaker to it.

Answer this, have people been able to endure tear gas long enough to throw the canister back at the police? Yes, or no?

quanchi112
No, nah, nope. Your logic is flawed. Yes, both have become more powerful over time. But even the Byrne-era Superman required at least a nuke literally in the face to KO him. Hulk has been downed by regular tear gas. How are you not comprehending this?

Even if Hulk's resistance has increased, and I'd like to see an actual example, it doesn't mean he's still not disproportionately weaker to it.

Answer this, have people been able to endure tear gas long enough to throw the canister back at the police? Yes, or no? Both Huklk and Superman have grown far beyond what level of power affected them forty years ago as their standard showing imo.

I can't put in my giant Hulk disk as my disk drive is broke. My pc crashed and I just have stuff from this new era along with whatever is from my old hard drive. I don't believe the Hulk stuff is there.

If you are seriously arguing tear gas would have stopped WW Hulk or current Hulk you're kinda loopy though. Hulk has tanked nukes as well so saying tear gas works but let's forget how nukes haven't in the past 15 years is wrong.

biensalsa
40 years ago hulk tanked antimatter, still did not changed the fact that gas bring him down. IMO

lilshogun
laughing laughing The pnly one guy that can physically beat PC Superman to a pulp is PC Mongul. Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Supes, although hulk got stronger and started to vibrate superman with his punches untill supes started blocking. Hulk is the only one with the potential to be a physical threat to superman here.

SuperiorTech
40 years ago hulk tanked antimatter, still did not changed the fact that gas bring him down. IMO

It is not just that he has gotten more powerful Hulk has the ability to adapt to his environment back in the day Hulk could not breath in space now his body is capable of adapting to let him do that just like he could not breath under water and he body adapted to let him do that.

Delta1938
Both Huklk and Superman have grown far beyond what level of power affected them forty years ago as their standard showing imo.

I can't put in my giant Hulk disk as my disk drive is broke. My pc crashed and I just have stuff from this new era along with whatever is from my old hard drive. I don't believe the Hulk stuff is there.

If you are seriously arguing tear gas would have stopped WW Hulk or current Hulk you're kinda loopy though. Hulk has tanked nukes as well so saying tear gas works but let's forget how nukes haven't in the past 15 years is wrong.

You still fail to see the point. And in fact, your argument shall be easily countered.

Now, I'm not arguing tear gas would've stopped WWH. I know Hulk's grown more powerful, and acknowledge he could've become more resistant to gas. Doesn't mean he's not disproportionately vulnerable to it.

You bring-up Hulk has tanked nukes. You know what? I had once been shown a scan of Hulk taking what appeared to be 4 nukes at once, from around the same era as being taken down by tear gas.

So, what is it, Quanchi? You concede that Hulk is indeed weak against tear gas, or are you arguing tear gas>nuclear explosion?

Or are you going to dodge this question?

quanchi112
You still fail to see the point. And in fact, your argument shall be easily countered.

Now, I'm not arguing tear gas would've stopped WWH. I know Hulk's grown more powerful, and acknowledge he could've become more resistant to gas. Doesn't mean he's not disproportionately vulnerable to it.

You bring-up Hulk has tanked nukes. You know what? I had once been shown a scan of Hulk taking what appeared to be 4 nukes at once, from around the same era as being taken down by tear gas.

So, what is it, Quanchi? You concede that Hulk is indeed weak against tear gas, or are you arguing tear gas>nuclear explosion?

Or are you going to dodge this question? I never said Hulk was immune to tear gas only that it isn't a weakness just like punches aren't a weakness of Superman's. It's that simple. Quit using ancient scans as your entire basis for Hulk since his power has exponentially grown since then.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by lilshogun
laughing laughing The pnly one guy that can physically beat PC Superman to a pulp is PC Mongul. Actually, a weakened PC Superman beat up PC Mongul.

TheHulk
Let Me Just Sum This Down

The Rock=Greatest Entertainer
Stone Cold Steve Austin=Greatest WWE Superstar
Hulk Hogan=Greatest Icon
Shawn Michaels=Greatest In-Ring Performer
John Cena=Greatest Role Model
Bret Hart=Greatest Tech Wrestler

....Seems Right...

Oh And Team Wins

DTM
IMO, PC Superman isnt that much below Galactus in overall power, and Galactus would wreck even Thor, Surfer and Hulk combined. Easy victory for PC Superman here.

Sr J-Bieb
ugh

OneDumbG0
laughing out loud

Delta1938
I never said Hulk was immune to tear gas only that it isn't a weakness just like punches aren't a weakness of Superman's. It's that simple. Quit using ancient scans as your entire basis for Hulk since his power has exponentially grown since then.

So, you dodged the question, Quanchi. Why am I not surprised?

I'll repeat it: So, what is it, Quanchi? You concede that Hulk is indeed weak against tear gas, or are you arguing tear gas>nuclear explosion?

DARTH POWER

I think taking away magic exploitation is just saying "let's make Superman invulnerable to everything and see who wins".

Magic's not a weakness like Kryptonite. It's a power that hurts him as well as loads of other High Herald Characters. But no one makes Hulk or Surfer threads stating stips as "He can't be hurt by magic."

abhilegend
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I think taking away magic exploitation is just saying "let's make Superman invulnerable to everything and see who wins".

Magic's not a weakness like Kryptonite. It's a power that hurts him as well as loads of other High Herald Characters. But no one makes Hulk or Surfer threads stating stips as "He can't be hurt by magic."
Hulk and surfer aren't specifically weak to magic. I just wanted to make a thread where not everyone tries to prove whether surfer would oneshot or twoshot superman with kryptonite like previous gazillion threads. Magic comes into weakness exploitation as well. Are you trying to tell me that these three can't hurt superman without magic or some weakness?

-Pr-
Hulk and surfer aren't specifically weak to magic. I just wanted to make a thread where not everyone tries to prove whether surfer would oneshot or twoshot superman with kryptonite like previous gazillion threads. Magic comes into weakness exploitation as well. Are you trying to tell me that these three can't hurt superman without magic or some weakness?

I would argue that Superman isn't either.

Though it is pre crisis...

DARTH POWER

Im arguing Magic isn't a specific weakness to Superman. It hurts him, but it hurts loads of superheroes.

It's nothing like Kryptonite or Red sun radiation which other high heralds would just laugh off.

Because those things are weaknesses specific to Superman. They won't hurt many other people.

Also when you say take PIS and CIS off with pre-crisis Supes, your basically saying only take his higher end showings, but ignore his low showings. If you take away magic invulnerability on top of that, then yes your right, none of these 3 can hurt him.

No one short of Galactus could hurt THIS Superman with THESE stips. So Im not sure what your trying to prove with this thread.

abhilegend
Im arguing Magic isn't a specific weakness to Superman. It hurts him, but it hurts loads of superheroes.

It's nothing like Kryptonite or Red sun radiation which other high heralds would just laugh off.

Because those things are weaknesses specific to Superman. They won't hurt many other people.

Also when you say take PIS and CIS off with pre-crisis Supes, your basically saying only take his higher end showings, but ignore his low showings. If you take away magic invulnerability on top of that, then yes your right, none of these 3 can hurt him.

No one short of Galactus could hurt THIS Superman with THESE stips. So Im not sure what your trying to prove with this thread.
Tell me about these low showings, which are so famous on internet.
So you think any other hero have an official weakness to magic? Name them.
What are you talking about? I'm not taking away these people's ability to hurt him. You think mjolnir can't hurt someone who has no specific weakness to magic? I didn't make him immune to magic. I'm not trying to prove anything, make a thread with weaknesses included and superman would still win.

DARTH POWER
Tell me about these low showings, which are so famous on internet.
So you think any other hero have an official weakness to magic? Name them.
What are you talking about? I'm not taking away these people's ability to hurt him. You think mjolnir can't hurt someone who has no specific weakness to magic? I didn't make him immune to magic. I'm not trying to prove anything, make a thread with weaknesses included and superman would still win.

Tell me was SA Superman more vulnerable to magical based attacks than Savage Hulk or Silver Surfer?

Magic hurts everyone, so how can you count that as a weakness specific to Superman?

It would be like me saying make Thor invulnerable to Physical blows..

Im not arguing with you leaving out K-Nite or Red Sun Rad.. They are specific weaknesses which attack the source of Supes powers.

But adding that to No Magic vulnerability plus no PIS/CIS as well and it seems like your just making a thread where Superman has no hope of losing.

If your trying to prove SA Supes is physically above these 3, you don't have to do that. Because we all know that already.

quanchi112
So, you dodged the question, Quanchi. Why am I not surprised?

I'll repeat it: So, what is it, Quanchi? You concede that Hulk is indeed weak against tear gas, or are you arguing tear gas>nuclear explosion? I'm saying the Hulk is vastly superior to what he was thirty years ago. So I will say unless you have tear gas defeating Hulk in the past ten years or so when his power has grown exponentially then you have nothing. Your logic at its core fits the punches are a weakness of Superman's.

abhilegend
Tell me was SA Superman more vulnerable to magical based attacks than Savage Hulk or Silver Surfer?

Magic hurts everyone, so how can you count that as a weakness specific to Superman?

It would be like me saying make Thor invulnerable to Physical blows..

Im not arguing with you leaving out K-Nite or Red Sun Rad.. They are specific weaknesses which attack the source of Supes powers.

But adding that to No Magic vulnerability plus no PIS/CIS as well and it seems like your just making a thread where Superman has no hope of losing.

If your trying to prove SA Supes is physically above these 3, you don't have to do that. Because we all know that already.
Yes, his powers were very weak against magic.

That isn't my point, can you tell me about any other character who has an official weakness to magic?

I don't see how that's relevant here. Has thor ever been helpless to punches to such a degree that even someone like aquaman fares better than him?

What? I already said that I'm not trying to prove anything.

DARTH POWER
Yes, his powers were very weak against magic.

That isn't my point, can you tell me about any other character who has an official weakness to magic?

I don't see how that's relevant here. Has thor ever been helpless to punches to such a degree that even someone like aquaman fares better than him?

What? I already said that I'm not trying to prove anything.

Did Aquaman fair better than SA Supes against magic?

Im saying even post-crisis Supes can be hurt by magic, so to take that vulnerbaility completely off him is actually enhancing the powers and ability of the character.

lilshogun
It's now how magic hurts him, it's how magic will affect him. Pre Crisis Superman had no special weakness to magic; he merely had no special resistance to it. That's all.

Im saying even post-crisis Supes can be hurt by magic, so to take that vulnerbaility completely off him is actually enhancing the powers and ability of the character.

Delta1938
I'm saying the Hulk is vastly superior to what he was thirty years ago. So I will say unless you have tear gas defeating Hulk in the past ten years or so when his power has grown exponentially then you have nothing. Your logic at its core fits the punches are a weakness of Superman's.

You realized you painted yourself into a corner, didn't you?

Answer the question. Is Hulk disproportionately vulnerable to gas, or is tear gas>nuclear explosion?

Which is it Quanchi? The fact that you refuse to answer a relatively simple question proves you're just grasping at straws.

abhilegend

He broke a magic bubble which was strangling superman IIRC. How's that enhancing, I didn't amp him.

lilshogun
If tear gas can hamper Hulk then imagine Superman waking up with morning fresh breath and decides to let Hulk have it. Originally posted by Delta1938
You realized you painted yourself into a corner, didn't you?

Answer the question. Is Hulk disproportionately vulnerable to gas, or is tear gas>nuclear explosion?

Which is it Quanchi? The fact that you refuse to answer a relatively simple question proves you're just grasping at straws.

Diesldude
Just a question, a magic dagger can cut superman because it overrides his invulnerability. Will the same dagger have the same affect on hulk, SS or thor. I don't think so, this is why magic is used against superman in a vs forum, more so than other characters. Prolly why we put these stips on superman. Just mho.

-Pr-
Just a question, a magic dagger can cut superman because it overrides his invulnerability. Will the same dagger have the same affect on hulk, SS or thor. I don't think so, this is why magic is used against superman in a vs forum, more so than other characters. Prolly why we put these stips on superman. Just mho.

it would, because it would have to be a magic dagger designed to be especially able to penetrate things.

carver9
Proof that gas doesn't work on the latest version of Hulk.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/318/thunderbolts1a7cq.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/866/thunderbolts1b1wj.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/65/thunderbolts1c9xv.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6167/thunderbolts1d8ag.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/5439/thunderbolts1e1dt.jpg
http://img145.exs.cx/img145/8531/thunderbolts16ny.jpg

Thunderbolt #34

biensalsa
it would, because it would have to be a magic dagger designed to be especially able to penetrate things.

thumb up

Delta1938

It would depend on the enchantment, actually. I've seen at least one example of a mystic blade not harming Superman. The argument that it overrides his invulnerability just 'cuz it's magick is poor. That would mean that punches from mystical beings would hurt him disproportionately, yet he's fought Wonder Woman, Etrigan, Black Adam, Captain Marvel and more and shown to be no worse off against them than Lobo, Kalibak, Orion and others. It would also mean he'd be hurt more from mystical energy attacks than conventional energy attacks. For example, during the Byrne-era when he could be hurt by the force of a nuclear explosion, there were two examples of him taking nuke-equivalent mystical force and showing to be no worse than nukes or non-mystical nuke-equivalents.

By the way, I know at least Surfer has been cut by an enchanted dagger, although there might have another factor.

Thunderbolt #34

Actually it's clear the gas is having an effect. Otherwise, why would they be trying to keep Hulk from directly pounding on the force bubble, and why would Hawkeye want him to breath more in?

biensalsa

Thunderbolt #34

Last scan states Hulk visible WHAT?

carver9
Last scan states Hulk visible WHAT?

It didn't take him out though and the gas was circled around his head...he even breathed some in.

JakeTheBank
That would mean that punches from mystical beings would hurt him disproportionately, yet he's fought Wonder Woman, Etrigan, Black Adam, Captain Marvel and more and shown to be no worse off against them than Lobo, Kalibak, Orion and others. It would also mean he'd be hurt more from mystical energy attacks than conventional energy attacks.

Captain Marvel's punches hurt Superman because of his similarly tiered strength as he's portrayed to be an equal/peer to Superman. When he amps them with magical lightning, it deals more damage.

DARTH POWER
He broke a magic bubble which was strangling superman IIRC. How's that enhancing, I didn't amp him.

By saying Magic can not hurt him in this fight, you've essentially amped him.

There's not many beings that magic can't hurt.

I think whoever said tear gassing hurts Savage Hulk probably made the most appropriate analogy. It's not like tear gas was his weakness, he just wasn't invulnerable to it.

The magic vulnerability would just be a lack of complete versatility on Supes Invulnerability.

Someone with Powerful Magical based attacks (like Captain Marvel or Thor) have the versatility in their attacks to take advantage of that.

It's like Thor being able to absorb Supes Heat Vision with Mjolnir, whilst Captain Marvel can't do that. It doesn't mean Heat Vision is Cap's weakness, just that he does not have the same versatility in defense that Thor has.

biensalsa
It didn't take him out though and the gas was circled around his head...he even breathed some in.

I thought Your argument was:

It seems that it does work indeed, how do I know?

Because it states on panel that Hulk seems affected?! roll eyes (sarcastic)

biensalsa
By saying Magic can not hurt him in this fight, you've essentially amped him.

There's not many beings that magic can't hurt.

I think whoever said tear gassing hurts Savage Hulk probably made the most appropriate analogy. It's not like tear gas was his weakness, he just wasn't invulnerable to it.

The magic vulnerability would just be a lack of complete versatility on Supes Invulnerability.

Someone with Powerful Magical based attacks (like Captain Marvel or Thor) have the versatility in their attacks to take advantage of that.

It's like Thor being able to absorb Supes Heat Vision with Mjolnir, whilst Captain Marvel can't do that. It doesn't mean Heat Vision is Cap's weakness, just that he does not have the same versatility in defense that Thor has.

The magic thing will be allowed as the OP says "No weakness exploitation" magic is not a weakness but a vulnerability, maybe it was a missunderstanding. I guess, who knows.

In any case, Thor uses magic in any form.

Thor punches PC Superman in the nose, his nose tickles, PC Superman sneezes and is game over as We know how powerful PC Superman sneezes with magic. smile

DARTH POWER
The magic thing will be allowed as the OP says "No weakness exploitation" magic is not a weakness but a vulnerability, maybe it was a missunderstanding. I guess, who knows.

PIS and CIS are off. No weakness exploitation like red sun, kryptonite or magic . Who wins?

biensalsa

Geez dude I was trying to be nice, yes it would count as an amp, I agree with you. cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>