Is there going to be more star wars movies after episode III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justinday15
I think there might be more star wars movies because GL said he was making 9 movies out of one book.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, well this has been discussed before, and the overwhelming majority seems to be that Episode III will be the last Star Wars film. Go figure....

justinday15
yeah i have heard both stories but episode III will probably be the last star wars movies. sad

Ushgarak
Out of one 'book'? That is just nonsense.

GL finished his story with Return of the Jedi- abandoning any plans to finish it with a sequel trilogy- so there is nowhere really for any new films to go.

justinday15
Well he said he was making 9 movies out of one book. And i read it on this website.

GordonSkywalker
I know what he's saying, Ush. I read the same thing. As to what it means is a good point of this debate. Return of the Jedi IS considered the last(chronologically) film in the entire Star wars series.Mr Lucas has stated he will NOT be doing Episodes 7,8,and 9.

Julie
eh I don't really know...I would love to see more star wars...but too much of a good thing could get well...not good

Catch 22
So which bit of George Lucas saying that there DEFINITELY would NOT be any Episode 7, 8 or 9 was hard to understand?

Corran
I think they are missing the NOT.

Dexx
i heard something about lucas making ep 7-9 too...sometime ago...
but i doubt it.

Catch 22
*sigh*

Lucas has very publically said on numerous occasions now that there will NOT be a third trilogy.

GordonSkywalker
Which pretty much ends this topic, I imagine.

Captain REX
Unless any other fanatics would like to say otherwise... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
I voted no....only wishful thinkers still believe that GL will continue star wars movies after EpIII...I believe he said he wanted to move onto other things.....
just for the heck of it though: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

justinday15
Well catch 22 im just telling you what i read. So you dont have to be a ******* ***** smile

GordonSkywalker
Watch the language, my friend. And don't let him get to you. You bring up valid ideas.

Julie
* who's he talkin to ???????????

GordonSkywalker
I am advising justinday15 in his dealings with catch 22.

Julie
I see.....the Gordon...the peacemaker>????

GordonSkywalker
You know it. I am a natural born peacemaker,a Libra.

Member.
lol, gl on ur peacekeepingbig grin

GordonSkywalker
Times are tough, what can I say? How ya doing, Member?

Julie
Times are tough???????

GordonSkywalker
A figure of speech.

Julie
I see.....but in the world...times are either relatively easy or tough....

GotNoRice
You'd be surprised what some people will do when there is money to be made. Sure I doubt there will be any movies after Jedi in the near future... but another ~20 years or so down the road when you have possible $$$$$ to be made, it's hard to see it not happening.

GordonSkywalker
Like the 16- year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace? I agree it's possible. stick out tongue

Member.
lollolololololololololololol, this is REALLY F****** FUNNYLOLOLOL, ROFL DUDES. big grinbig grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dancelaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud, im sorry i just find this funnylaughing out loudroflmao dudes.

GordonSkywalker
Glad to finally hear from you,man!

Member.
laughing out loudLOLOLOLHappy Dancebig grineek!laughingwacko

Julie
pull your self together:-)
BTW I would love to see more star wars movies, but six is a lot and plenty for the moment

GordonSkywalker
After all, we wouldn't want it to start being compared to Star Trek. They have had ten films so far!

Member.
...MORE SW MOVIES!!!

GordonSkywalker
You heard the man! More Star Wars! Would Lucas ever be willing to let one of his production staff(Like McCallum) do a one-off Star Wars film,or even a whole trilogy?

Member.
hm...i wish GL would think/act about doing 3 more--->SW epVII, epVIII, epIX. heheek!

GordonSkywalker
Don't we all?

Julie
we want it, but I wouldn't get all excited.....stick to the books

GordonSkywalker
What if they made some books into films?...No we already covered that elsewhere.....DARN!!

Julie
yes the circle of arguments continues

GordonSkywalker
Thanks for reminding me.

Member.
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
I still believe it would have worked better if the Clone Wars had been brought into the story earlier.

Member.
MORE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GordonSkywalker
Yes, we heard you! They should consider doing a whole slew of films to keep fans such as us happy!

Member.
hm...GL jr. should continue the legacybig grin.

GordonSkywalker
George Lucas has a son? I thought he was a confirmed bachelor!

justinday15
They could also do a prequal before episode 1, where Dooku is Qui Gons
master.

Ushgarak
Plot-wise there would be no purpose in that. That sort of thing is left to the EU.

GordonSkywalker
Doesn't mean it's a bad idea,however. But that will only be realised through books like Legacy, it seems.

Member.
*GL saying his lasts words in the year 2030* "continue the saga...my son..."*GL dies while GL jr. starts thinking about what his late father says*

Evil Windu
I voted no... I dont think GL will make anymore starwars movies, EPIII will probably be the last, unless he wants to do somthing on the EU. But I doubt it, I think he will invest all of his money into the little programs that hes doing..

Member.
hm...yea maybe, we know everything we need to know.

GordonSkywalker
No NJO movies then.

Member.
so we all agree? then this topic gone down the drainstick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
I cannot think of any reason to keep things going here. Up to the moderators of course.

Member.
hm...

GordonSkywalker
No more Star Wars films? It isn't as if 3 has come and gone. We still have a brand new Star wars film to look forward to, regardless of what happens afterwards.

Member.
we can all agree that sw ep3 gonna be good.

GordonSkywalker
On that we are in the same frame of thought.

cookies2006
jd15 are you out there

justinday15
yup Happy Dance

cookies2006
hey

GordonSkywalker
Cool! You guys know each other! Excellent!

justinday15
He's my cousin

GordonSkywalker
Even cooler!

cookies2006
where do u live gordon

justinday15
and how old are u?? doctor

GordonSkywalker
I am from NC. As to my age I have answered this a multitude of times already but for one more time:I am 26. Old enough to apprentice either of you it seems. big grin

justinday15
cool beer

Member.
hah, man, i gotta think about my future, so what do u do in weekdays gordon? though im only a freshman so i still got long ways to go, won't hurt to start thinking thoughstick out tongue

Julie
interesting smily faces roll eyes (sarcastic)

GordonSkywalker
Thinking about what, Member? confused

cookies2006
I think hes talking about his future. I think i want to be a part of slamball. That is if its still goin on in 4 or 5 years.

cookies2006
Anyway, if there is another movie it will probly be about "KOTOR" or "Jedi Outcast".

Ushgarak
Errr... no.

GordonSkywalker
What does KOTOR stand for? confused

Ushgarak
Knights of the Old Republic, upcoming Star Wars console and PC RPG game made by RPG veterans Bioware and set a thousand years before the films in the days of the Jedi Sith wars. All very interesting, but it's not going to be a film.

Member.
alright, nice.

cookies2006
What about Jedi Outcast?

Ushgarak
Nope. If they start making films of Star Wars EU- which is not something I ever see happening- there is a ton of stuff they would do before the computer games.

GordonSkywalker
I think it would be a big mistake to make any films based on EU based on my understanding of the word.

Julie
*eeek*.....even NJO.....yes you know I think that would be bad for the books....the movies would just go against what we already have in our minds and then we won't like the books as much or hate the movies...I'm not sure I could love both.

GordonSkywalker
I think it would be cool to see a Star Wars where Luke and company are much older and face some new threat not fully taken from any of the books.Now that might work. All the actors are older now anyway so it could work....

Corran
It'd be quite difficult cos you would have to spend a lot of the first part of the movie filling in what has happened over the years and then you would ahve to start bringing in the new threat, I think the film would have to be quite long for that or just skip over things too quickly.

finti
It would have been pathetic

GordonSkywalker
I still say it is an idea with much potential regardless.

cookies2006
Thanks. I think.

GordonSkywalker
Do you think there should be another Star Wars film, friend?

cookies2006
Yeah. But im afraid it might not be as good as the other movies.

justinday15
I would really like GL to make more star wars
movies, but I don't think he will.

GordonSkywalker
Seems to be the general consensus around here. I think it would be cool for him to do more but if it ain't what he wants to do, there is no hope he would do more.

Member.
GL probably won't do anymore, i think it was in one of his interviews but he said like SW takes alot of time and he doesnt time anymore, so ep3 last movie he gonna do.

Julie
last SW movie...perhaps, but he may do other types of movies

GordonSkywalker
I believe that is his game plan once 3 is out of the way.

Julie
I want to see other movies by GL, but I dunno how they will be

GordonSkywalker
Ever seen American Graffiti? That is the only non-SW movie by him that I know of.

justinday15
I read some where that GL was going to make other movies besides star wars after episode 3.

GordonSkywalker
Yes I read the same. How ya doin', justin?

cookies2006
I herd a little about that. O justin is doin good from what i see of him everyday.

justinday15
Yeah, im doing real good.

cookies2006
And you Gordon?

GordonSkywalker
I am well, can't complain. We have now reached about 100 posts on this topic. That is always an amazing thing to me.

justinday15
I didnt think this thread would get up to 100 posts, cool! rock

Member.
GL doing other movies, i can't imagine that, he poured his best into the SW movies, he'll probably run out of ideas. i think that he should quit after ep3, retire and have fun with his kids.

justinday15
I think he's just going to direct movies, i dont
think he will write any more movies

GordonSkywalker
So instead of writing his own he will just direct other people's stories?

Member.
he'll be a good director i guess.

justinday15
I read it on some website, but i can't rember where.

cookies2006
I hope he will keep making movies, but maybe just not SW. Cause he will have to get an entire new cast.

justinday15
If he made more sw movies he will probably wait along time to do it.

GordonSkywalker
By that time he will be really old. It took sixteen years after the original release for Return of the Jedi before The Phantom Menace was in theaters. With Episode 3 out in two years(2005) another long gap like that would not work. So it is quite unlikely he will ever do anything past the upcoming installment.

yerssot
he clearly said there won't, so I don't see the point in people asking again and again

GordonSkywalker
Then perhaps you should mention this to whoever mods this board so they can close this thread.

yerssot
haven't seen queeq around, ush is around here frome time to time so he has a reason to keep it open, no?

cookies2006
Well we are still talking arent we, so it must have good results.

yerssot
yes, but the point is gone imho-oc

GordonSkywalker
Then someone should be made aware of this and close the thread.

yerssot
done and done

Ushgarak
Wlel, there was still a fair amount of discussion on the subject and you never know when someone else might want to make a point... but ok, I guess we can close this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.