Superman vs Marvel Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
CIS is off for Superman. He's also not holding back. He thinks the team just killed Lois Lane and his mom.

He sundips for one week prior to fight.

vs

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Thor Girl (current)
Ronan
Ragnarock (Thor Clone)
Thunderstrike
World War Hulk
Hercules

No BFR

Endless Mike
There is really not enough data to tell how much sundipping would increase his powers, if he take the OWAW showing as representative he could take this but most people see that as an outlier. Even if it boosted his power by like 10 times or so he would still go down to this team.

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
There is really not enough data to tell how much sundipping would increase his powers, if he take the OWAW showing as representative he could take this but most people see that as an outlier. Even if it boosted his power by like 10 times or so he would still go down to this team.

This

Endless Mike
Carver agreed with me about something. I feel dirty...

BullwinkleMoose
I assume the team is aware of the battle? If not SuperMan could pick them off 1 by 1.

Also, can he use his Clark Kent persona? He could disappear and work on 1 Shotting them while dressed as Clark before they figure things out

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
He sundips for one week prior to fight.

We have no idea how this would effect Superman so it's pretty much up to people to basically make shit up.

PillarofOsiris
Well in OWAW he didn't sundip for nearly a week. Plus Supes isn't holding back. This Superman is clearly > SBP, who can take on teams full of herald level characters. And no CIS? This doesn't look good for this team. Especially since the OP didn't mention CIS for the team.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, and he nearly lost his shit in OWAW. A week long sundip? There's a possibility he might not even survive that crap or he suddenly turns into an abstract being or something else.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, and he nearly lost his shit in OWAW. A week long sundip? There's a possibility he might not even survive that crap or he suddenly turns into an abstract being or something else.

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/8/8c/Superman_Prime.jpg

biensalsa
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/8/8c/Superman_Prime.jpg

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

abhilegend
Are you feeling alright jake? Superman ftw.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Are you feeling alright jake? Superman ftw.

I'm feeling fine. The point is that we have no idea how a week long sundip would effect Superman, especially with CIS off, so basically, the premise of the thread is to assign some theoretical power level to Superman.

-Pr-
Really not seeing how this thead can be in any way constructive...

RANDY1888
Agree with above

Stoic
So this thread is all based on an assumption right? It's like Jake said, Superman could become anything due to this prolonged sunbath, which includes over exposure, and death like he did in All Star Superman.

Q99
Golden Superman was after he had done a lot of other stuff over the years (including, iirc, some stuff involving the Source), then did a long sundip.

Modern pre-FP Superman, a week sundip is probably fatal, and is definitely unknown in how much it powers him.

The *only* sundip times we've seen are a few minutes (OWAW), and hundreds of thousands of years.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Golden Superman was after he had done a lot of other stuff over the years (including, iirc, some stuff involving the Source), then did a long sundip.

Modern pre-FP Superman, a week sundip is probably fatal, and is definitely unknown in how much it powers him.

The *only* sundip times we've seen are a few minutes (OWAW), and hundreds of thousands of years.
How do you figure this out that a week sundip is fatal for superman? Any proof that golden prime only sat in sun so long due to powers from source?
I'm feeling fine. The point is that we have no idea how a week long sundip would effect Superman, especially with CIS off, so basically, the premise of the thread is to assign some theoretical power level to Superman.
Nope, there's much evidence that he would grow exponentially in power. In LGK he overpowered a skyfather level being albeit weakening just by being on the surface of sun, absorbed enough solar radiation that his mere touch would've leveled a block, he broke darkseid like a feeb, and then there is OWAW. Remember he's already absorbed anti-sun, I don't see any reason that he wouldn't be able to absorb enough power in a week to pwn this team.

Stoic
How do you figure this out that a week sundip is fatal for superman? Any proof that golden prime only sat in sun so long due to powers from source?

Nope, there's much evidence that he would grow exponentially in power. In LGK he overpowered a skyfather level being albeit weakening just by being on the surface of sun, absorbed enough solar radiation that his mere touch would've leveled a block, he broke darkseid like a feeb, and then there is OWAW. Remember he's already absorbed anti-sun, I don't see any reason that he wouldn't be able to absorb enough power in a week to pwn this team.

Has he ever been exposed to this amount of solar radiation on panel?

Sr J-Bieb
An assumption thread eh?

Everyone besides Hercules and Hulk absorbs Superman's powerup. And then all the hammers forge together into some sort of magic super sledgehammer and kill everyone who is green and powered by gamma.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Has he ever been exposed to this amount of solar radiation on panel?
He's absorbed an ENTIRE sun. What do you think?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
An assumption thread eh?

Everyone besides Hercules and Hulk absorbs Superman's powerup. And then all the hammers forge together into some sort of magic super sledgehammer and kill everyone who is green and powered by gamma.
Sorry bieb, speed kills.

Sr J-Bieb
Sorry bieb, speed kills. Agreed. Power draining from 6 beings is going to happen quickly.

abhilegend
Agreed. Power draining from 6 beings is going to happen quickly.
Not if he punches their heads off first. Normal superman has resisted enough power drainage to suggest that he wouldn't be overwhelmed before he punches their heads off.

Sr J-Bieb
Not if he punches their heads off first. Normal superman has resisted enough power drainage to suggest that he wouldn't be overwhelmed before he punches their heads off. And Thor doesn't have the feats to show he could resist Superman "punching his head off"

Hulk stands in front of the 6 while they start draining him. Gamma sponge

abhilegend
And Thor doesn't have the feats to show he could resist Superman "punching his head off"

Hulk stands in front of the 6 while they start draining him. Gamma sponge
From an insanely amped superman, no he doesn't. Kal kills hulk and the rest of the team with punches. No exotic powers needed.

Sr J-Bieb
From an insanely amped superman, no he doesn't. Kal kills hulk and the rest of the team with punches. No exotic powers needed. Superman > Celestials

abhilegend
Superman > Celestials
Superman>Soulfire darkseid>The source. We can play high end feats all day.

Sr J-Bieb
Superman>Soulfire darkseid>The source. We can play high end feats all day. Superman was beaten/drained by shadow demons in that arc...

abhilegend
Superman was beaten/drained by shadow demons in that arc...
And? He also tanked source wall exploding and two galaxy (presumably) sized planets colliding.

Sr J-Bieb
And? He also tanked source wall exploding and two galaxy (presumably) sized planets colliding. he got knocked out

galaxy sized planets...

abhilegend
he got knocked out

galaxy sized planets...
That's right he was contained in a red sun light(most probably) sphere by Infinity man and was knocked out by source wall exploding, how humiliating.

I know right, but I can show you earth compared to apokolips.

Sr J-Bieb
That's right he was contained in a red sun light(most probably) sphere by Infinity man and was knocked out by source wall exploding, how humiliating.

I know right, but I can show you earth compared to apokolips. I wouldn't say getting knocked out is you tanking something...
Also, red sun sphere...

And were the planets galaxy sized compared to Superman?

abhilegend
I wouldn't say getting knocked out is you tanking something...
Also, red sun sphere...

And were the planets galaxy sized compared to Superman?
So what would you call a weaker (presumably) superman tanking something that metron was sure not even scott free with ALE could survive without source's protection, low showing? Works for me.
I said presumably, I'm not sure about it.

That's the only reference to their size which I'm going to show you. Feel free to provide any other information about their size.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/0001001.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
So what would you call a weaker (presumably) superman tanking something that metron was sure not even scott free with ALE could survive without source's protection, low showing? Works for me.
I said presumably, I'm not sure about it.

That's the only reference to their size which I'm going to show you. Feel free to provide any other information about their size.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/0001001.jpg I would call that Superman getting knocked out. Getting knocked out isn't tanking something.
Why you would try to lie to me, and then me correcting you means I think it's a low showing is beyond me.
Or it was a sphere.

1. Why would this make both planets galaxy sized?
2. Those planets were not even close to galaxy sized in Death of the New Gods.

Assume Superman's power level, assume red sun is in play, assume galaxy sized planets
This thread is headed in the right direction

abhilegend
I would call that Superman getting knocked out. Getting knocked out isn't tanking something.
Why you would try to lie to me, and then me correcting you means I think it's a low showing is beyond me.
Or it was a sphere.

1. Why would this make both planets galaxy sized?
2. Those planets were not even close to galaxy sized in Death of the New Gods.

Assume Superman's power level, assume red sun is in play, assume galaxy sized planets
This thread is headed in the right direction
So, none of these chumps can produce such a blast if we go to that route as you're trying to play here and that was a normal superman. Ah, my mistake. They are not galaxy sized but unless you can find some other evidence of their size, your "nuh-uh, they weren't of that size in DOTNG" isn't going to cut it.
Your the one who is trying to play high feats card here, kal shattered the body of a being who was no selling source.

Sr J-Bieb
So, none of these chumps can produce such a blast if we go to that route as you're trying to play here and that was a normal superman. Ah, my mistake. They are not galaxy sized but unless you can find some other evidence of their size, your "nuh-uh, they weren't of that size in DOTNG" isn't going to cut it.
Your the one who is trying to play high feats card here, kal shattered the body of a being who was no selling source.

Good. They don't have to. Energy draining you see. Worked in the same series you're citing your feats from.

k. This blast was a big blast on Apokalips.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/DotNG8p08.jpg

This is how much it cleared out when Darkseid was in the middle of it:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/DotNG8p10.jpg

galaxy sized

I'm not trying to play anything. I wasn't even being serious before you started trying to lie to me.

abhilegend
Good. They don't have to. Energy draining you see. Worked in the same series you're citing your feats from.

k. This blast was a big blast on Apokalips.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/DotNG8p08.jpg

This is how much it cleared out when Darkseid was in the middle of it:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/DotNG8p10.jpg

galaxy sized

I'm not trying to play anything. I wasn't even being serious before you started trying to lie to me.
On a normal superman, you might want to add. Totally different scenario here.
Heh, are we really trying to measure power with collateral damage? Shame on you bieb.
I accepted my mistake, now bring your proof that they weren't that size in DOTNG.
I wasn't serious too untill you try to play high feat card. What lies?

JakeTheBank
An assumption thread eh?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/GIFs/Supernatural/94f4e6fd.gif

Sr J-Bieb
On a normal superman, you might want to add. Totally different scenario here.
Heh, are we really trying to measure power with collateral damage? Shame on you bieb.
I accepted my mistake, now bring your proof that they weren't that size in DOTNG.
I wasn't serious too untill you try to play high feat card. What lies? Superman overflowing with energy has better power draining defense.

What are you even talking about? Follow along for once.
I merely showed you how big a blast was on Apokalips and how much damage it did to the surface. Which would have made the thing nowhere near galaxy sized.
Seriously learn how to comprehend things... Unless this is your distraction

Red sun sphere, galaxy sized planets, Superman tanking blasts... That knocked him out. I read the comics, you can't just make shit up to throw me off

Well this is going nowhere, and I hope you're trying to troll me, so I'm done with this 'argument'. Hulk dies either way

PillarofOsiris
CIS is off for Superman here. That means he's using his speed to its utmost. With his outrageous amp, and no mention of CIS for the team, this fight isn't going to last long enough for the team to go right to a drain, which is out of character for them in any event.

Bouboumaster
Thor kills him
If Sups forget his versatility, Hulk kills him
Beta Ray Bill got the powerset to kills him
These are the three who could solo Sups in this thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thor kills him
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Superman overflowing with energy has better power draining defense.

What are you even talking about? Follow along for once.
I merely showed you how big a blast was on Apokalips and how much damage it did to the surface. Which would have made the thing nowhere near galaxy sized.
Seriously learn how to comprehend things... Unless this is your distraction

Red sun sphere, galaxy sized planets, Superman tanking blasts... That knocked him out. I read the comics, you can't just make shit up to throw me off

Well this is going nowhere, and I hope you're trying to troll me, so I'm done with this 'argument'. Hulk dies either way
Normal superman has better energy drainage resisting feats. Who says he is going to be overflowing with energy? He didn't overflow when he absorbed an entire sun. He hypermetabolizes solar energy in bio energy. What are you talking about? Make sense for once. How does a blast radius measures a planet's size? Seriously learn how to read scans. You are just making shit up which makes no sense. I have a direct comparison, you have err something only you understands.
Blast radius mapping a planet's size. You are making shit up, I have at least some proof and I said presumably not definitely. stick out tongue
I'm done with this too. Superman kills this team.

Sr J-Bieb
How does a blast radius measures a planet's size? classic

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thor kills him

This.

Odekahn

abhilegend
classic
For you maybe.

Sr J-Bieb

abhilegend
Indisputable
Absolutely.kinda

Q99

Because OWAW was almost fatal, his mind was almost overwhelmed, and it wasn't remotely near a week.

And Golden Superman did all kinds of stuff and lived for a really long time before residing in the sun.

Also to the point, we have *no idea* the precise rate that time in the sun translates into power. Even if we assume he can handle it, it tells us nothing about precisely how much energy that is.

We'd need more datapoints.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Because OWAW was almost fatal, his mind was almost overwhelmed, and it wasn't remotely near a week.

And Golden Superman did all kinds of stuff and lived for a really long time before residing in the sun.

Also to the point, we have *no idea* the precise rate that time in the sun translates into power. Even if we assume he can handle it, it tells us nothing about precisely how much energy that is.

We'd need more datapoints.
Not this shit again. Where did you learn that he was nearly killed

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11008324_Action_Comics_782_pg03.jpg

He already has absorbed an entire sun before.

carver9

abhilegend

quanchi112
The guy thinks superman gets weaker at night time. Makes me wonder has he actually read a superman comic. Jurgens has actually wrote both superman and thor.

facepalm @ broken link. The guy has written Superman which means he has a say in what's canon for Superman. You don't. Jurgens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you.

JakeTheBank
Jurgens also clarified his statement concerning the "millions of times stronger" thing as well, suggesting that if you think Superman is really that much stronger than Thor, you're probably crazy in the head.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
The guy has written Superman which means he has a say in what's canon for Superman. You don't. Jurgens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you.
Who's this JK guy?

abhilegend
Jurgens also clarified his statement concerning the "millions of times stronger" thing as well, suggesting that if you think Superman is really that much stronger than Thor, you're probably crazy in the head.
Excuses, excuses.doped

carver9
The guy thinks superman gets weaker at night time. Makes me wonder has he actually read a superman comic. Jurgens has actually wrote both superman and thor.

facepalm @ broken link.

Both are interviews which holds no weight here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Both are interviews which holds no weight here.
Did I say it holds any weight here?

JakeTheBank
The interviews are about as relevant as Joe Casey thinking Superman would need Classic Beyonder to stop him, Bendis thinking Sentry can't be destroyed by any force unless he wants to die, and Pak thinking WWH could have taken Galactus.

carver9
Did I say it holds any weight here?

Well stop responding to my posts. Stop bringing my name up in threads that I don't even reply in. All of this is simple. You can stop quoting me if you want...I wouldn't mind.

abhilegend
The interviews are about as relevant as Joe Casey thinking Superman would need Classic Beyonder to stop him, Bendis thinking Sentry can't be destroyed by any force unless he wants to die, and Pak thinking WWH could have taken Galactus.
thumb up

abhilegend
Well stop responding to my posts. Stop bringing my name up in threads that I don't even reply in. All of this is simple. You can stop quoting me if you want...I wouldn't mind.
Why carv, are you angry? I'm just messing around with you. Don't be such a spoil-sport.

-Pr-

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Trust you to quote an interview with a writer that's borderline retarded and doesn't understand how superman's powers work.

I didnt post that to say Savage Hulk>Superman...no need to quote it. I posted it as a joke and like I said before, Superman would get the majority over Savage Hulk imo.

-Pr-
I didnt post that to say Savage Hulk>Superman...no need to quote it. I posted it as a joke and like I said before, Superman would get the majority over Savage Hulk imo.

Only because you keep lowballing Savage Hulk to make WBH look more impressive.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Only because you keep lowballing Savage Hulk to make WBH look more impressive.

Lol...is that what you truly believe? I like Savage Hulk and I would give him wins against most high Heralds and majority against some...this has nothing to do with WBH. If I was trying to make WBH look good, I would say Savage Hulk pulls a majority against Supes but I don't believe that.

CosmicComet

Diesldude
Who's this JK guy? You don't know?

JK = Just Kidding. That's probably what it was, a retarded joke.

quanchi112
Who's this JK guy? ?

Sr J-Bieb
The interviews are about as relevant as Joe Casey thinking Superman would need Classic Beyonder to stop him, Bendis thinking Sentry can't be destroyed by any force unless he wants to die, and Pak thinking WWH could have taken Galactus. Pak would write WWH to beat Galactus though...

guy222
yeppers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.