Thought Robot vs Lucifer Morningstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jynocidus
something bigger than the DC continuity apparently

vs

a being with powers comparable to "god" inside of a continuity

Cogito
Lucifer, IMO

quanchi112
This is so interesting to see if the posters who always say it adapts somehow argue Lucy wins just because.

Galan007
Personally, I view Mandrakk I as superior to Lucifer. Therefore the CA would be superior by proxy.

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is so interesting to see if the posters who always say it adapts somehow argue Lucy wins just because.

I think the winner of this is going to be subjective, as there's no clear comparison or related characters to gauge from.

I wouldn't argue with someone who went with CA Superman, I just personally feel otherwise.

Jynocidus
I think thought robot wins. It was fighting a threat implied to be bigger than the DC continuity in its entirety. That includes the presence and the angels.

If they think the story of superman is that big, so be it. Not knocking Supes in anyway but...it is what it is.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
I think the winner of this is going to be subjective, as there's no clear comparison or related characters to gauge from.

I wouldn't argue with someone who went with CA Superman, I just personally feel otherwise. Just like the winner of the thought robot is subjective in every thread. Lucy somehow overcoming something most argue adapts to any threat is just being biased. I never believed it adapts to anything and attaching a no limits fallacy. It's silly and I am smart.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Personally, I view Mandrakk I as superior to Lucifer. Therefore the CA would be superior by proxy.

Do you see Mandrakk as superior to Michael?

JakeTheBank
Eh, if Lucifer is capable of manipulating any force in creation (provided it has been created), I wouldn't be surprised if he bested or other subverted the thought robot.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Eh, if Lucifer is capable of manipulating any force in creation (provided it has been created), I wouldn't be surprised if he bested or other subverted the thought robot.

Exactly. This is infinite reality warping power vs. adapt to anything on the fly.

How do you choose the winner?

Meh. You guess.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Morrison basically presented the Monitors as above everything, seeing the multiverse as germs.. They had weapons that dwarfed galaxies, as I recall, and fired reality blitzing missiles and other weird tech.

And the story in general was kind of fourth wall breaking..

It's hard to say where Michael, Lucifer, and Presence stand next to what Morrison set up though...

kevdude
Lucifer imo. Btw Mandrakk got consumed by the void, Lucifer not so much.

Galan007
Do you see Mandrakk as superior to Michael? Tough call. I think Mandrakk would have a much better chance of beating Michael, then Michael would have at beating him.

Igniz
Just like the winner of the thought robot is subjective in every thread. Lucy somehow overcoming something most argue adapts to any threat is just being biased. I never believed it adapts to anything and attaching a no limits fallacy. It's silly and I am smart.

The Thought Robot didn't adapt to Death if I remember.

Batman-Prime
I never believed it adapts to anything and attaching a no limits fallacy. It's silly and I am smart.

I base my opinion off the comics I wish more posters were as honorable as myself.

no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by Igniz
The Thought Robot didn't adapt to Death if I remember. I need to leaf through arc. Most of these arcs I haven't read in years.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
no expression smile

Prep-Man

ares834
I'd go with CA on this one. The Monitors seemed to be "outside" of creation and were analogous to the authors. And considering that an author (Monitor) wrote the story of Lucifer I would say they are superior to him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by ares834
I'd go with CA on this one. The Monitors seemed to be "outside" of creation and were analogous to the authors. And considering that an author (Monitor) wrote the story of Lucifer I would say they are superior to him.

Who created the Monitors?

ares834
Don't know. Maybe the Overmonitor?

Cogito
Originally posted by ares834

What makes you think the Monitors are analogous to the writers? I don't believe I've ever heard that theory/explanation, not that I doubt that it could be Morrison's intent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.