Ganthet Vs Phantom Stranger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/419815-10177_400x600_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64507/2225744-phantomstranger74_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
Phantom Stranger is, by far, the cooler character, and in terms of implied power, leagues ahead of that little dwarf.

quanchi112
Ganthet.

Odekahn
Phantom Stranger is simply more powerful. Poor Ganthet, this one is a stomp.

Sr J-Bieb
Phantom Stranger has so much... power... implied... implied power... that it's hard to see him lose here

DarkSaint85
Ganthet on feats.

Phantom Stranger on implied power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Odekahn
Phantom Stranger is simply more powerful. Poor Ganthet, this one is a stomp. Based off of what ?

Galan007
PS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
PS. What makes you say so ?

Galan007
I simply view him as more powerful. I don't think Ganthet would have been any sort of challenge to DoV Spectre, for instance.

quanchi112
I simply view him as more powerful. I don't think Ganthet would have been any sort of challenge to DoV Spectre, for instance. Ps wasn't a challenge either just harder to kill.

Galan007
And I don't think Ganthet would have been hard to kill at all. smile

quanchi112
And I don't think Ganthet would have been hard to kill at all. smile Harder to kill and harder to beat are two entirely different things. I don't think ganthet would be beaten by a mere gesture.

Galan007
I don't care what you think, tbh. wink1

quanchi112
I don't care what you think, tbh. wink1 Deep down you love me. yes

Galan007
It's a love/hate relationship, with hate being the dominate emotion. embarrasment

quanchi112
It's a love/hate relationship, with hate being the dominate emotion. embarrasment I'm trying to get over the fact I hate you. Give me time. thumb up

Galan007
catfight

abhilegend
In day of judgement spectre owned entire quintessence with a gesture.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
In day of judgement spectre owned entire quintessence with a gesture. Wasn't he also cut off from his powers from mages ? Been a while since I read it but he was nowhere near as formidable as in day of vengeance imo. Also what page from what issue I believe I have it somewhere.

Galan007
In day of judgement spectre owned entire quintessence with a gesture. DoJ Spectre was a beast. He owned Neron with a gesture as well.

*sighs* those were the good 'ol days... Before Johns got ahold of Spectre. srsly

kevdude
Phantom Stranger as well.

Batman-Prime
PS

BTW could he be Adam?

quanchi112
Abhilegend is going to get exposed.

Zeus was recovering from a war....etc. They were just cut off from intervening and trapped. They weren't owned in combat and weren't at their best.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Notintervening.jpg

Here is Spectre cut off from his power source. I wouldn't call this showing from the Spectre anywhere near the top of his game or near dov.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Spectredepowered1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Spectredepowered1b.jpg

A depowered Spectre still owns the Phantom Stranger from this arc with a gesture. Ps is weak sauce.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Psowned1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Psowned1b.jpg

I'd like to thank abhilgend for bringing this arc back to my attention it's been quite a while since I read it. smile

Prep-Man
PS as well.q

Mindset
Has PS ever done anything?

Iirc Faust karate chopped his face off.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
Has PS ever done anything?

Iirc Faust karate chopped his face off.

When?

Mindset
It was actually Dr. Thirteen.

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2917/964/1600/85013/13%20chop.jpg

Lord Feron
PS has never done anything except not died... i guess thats enough to beat anyone???

JakeTheBank
He battled the Spectre during DoV, has battled the demon sorceress Tala (he actually tossed her out of a window when she was trying to come on to him, which was actually quite baller), battled various demonic entities in his ongoing back in the day, and other misc. feats. He's also been knocked out by less than stellar forces like baseball bats and other crap back in the day, though iirc, this was before it was confirmed he was something beyond human.

In terms of combat feats, you're not going to find much; Phantom Stranger by very definition of his character is not supposed to actively interfere in the affairs of mortals, but very act like a guide/mentor. Considering how other forces in the universe and entities treat and regard him, it's easy to say that he ranks quite high in the food chain, however, as it's strongly implied (stated in some cases) that he's a fallen angel who answers only to God/The Presence.

In cases such as these, people will ultimately decide if they want on panel feats more so than implied power and the nature of a character. /shrug

In my personal opinion, if Phantom Stranger were to actually be allowed to fight, he'd beat Ganthet's ass pretty badly.

OneDumbG0
^ Ganthet's implied power doesn't measure up?

Prep-Man
Didn't Ganthet crack a planet with a thought?

OneDumbG0
^ Kyle said he could. I don't recall him actually doing so.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Didn't Ganthet crack a planet with a thought? No.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
Abhilegend is going to get exposed.

Zeus was recovering from a war....etc. They were just cut off from intervening and trapped. They weren't owned in combat and weren't at their best.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Notintervening.jpg

Here is Spectre cut off from his power source. I wouldn't call this showing from the Spectre anywhere near the top of his game or near dov.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Spectredepowered1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Spectredepowered1b.jpg

A depowered Spectre still owns the Phantom Stranger from this arc with a gesture. Ps is weak sauce.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Psowned1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Psowned1b.jpg

I'd like to thank abhilgend for bringing this arc back to my attention it's been quite a while since I read it. smile
How is this relevant here? I don't see zeus or spectre involved in this thread. Did ganthet beat spectre and I missed it?

Cogito
Didn't Ganthet crack a planet with a thought?

Kyle commented in GL Rebirth that Ganthet could crack a planet in half with a thought while he was casually trouncing Killowog. He never actually did it, though.

Pre-rebirth/Post ZH, one of the female Guardians that Kyle created matured too rapidly and, as she wasn't too aware of her powers/herself, she pretty much wrecked an alien planet, its military, and Kyle/Jade when they went to investigate. Ganthet arrived and undid all of the damage to the planet with a wave of his hand.*

Post-rebirth though, Guardians are weaksauce.

*I'd post scans but I'm at work erm

quanchi112
How is this relevant here? I don't see zeus or spectre involved in this thread. Did ganthet beat spectre and I missed it? Your statement made it relevant. I wouldn't have posted it had you not posted he owned the quintessence with a gesture type statement ignoring the context. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

abhilegend
Your statement made it relevant. I wouldn't have posted it had you not posted he owned the quintessence with a gesture type statement ignoring the context. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.
I just made a passing comment which has no relevance on the topic at the hand. I didn't even quoted any post or said who wins. Come on quan, its not exactly quantum physics.

quanchi112
I just made a passing comment which has no relevance on the topic at the hand. I didn't even quoted any post or said who wins. Come on quan, its not exactly quantum physics. And I corrected you. I even asked what issue. When you ignored me I corrected you. Get used to it. The best part is you asked how it was relevant.

the Darkone
PS

abhilegend
And I corrected you. I even asked what issue. When you ignored me I corrected you. Get used to it. The best part is you asked how it was relevant.
Lulz. You're getting desperate quan.

quanchi112
Lulz. You're getting desperate quan. Your replies are worthless. I correct you while you repeat lulz. I'm a far better debater than you are.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Cogito
Kyle commented in GL Rebirth that Ganthet could crack a planet in half with a thought while he was casually trouncing Killowog. He never actually did it, though.

Pre-rebirth/Post ZH, one of the female Guardians that Kyle created matured too rapidly and, as she wasn't too aware of her powers/herself, she pretty much wrecked an alien planet, its military, and Kyle/Jade when they went to investigate. Ganthet arrived and undid all of the damage to the planet with a wave of his hand.*

Post-rebirth though, Guardians are weaksauce.

*I'd post scans but I'm at work erm Issue #?

abhilegend
Your replies are worthless. I correct you while you repeat lulz. I'm a far better debater than you are.
laughing out loud

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Issue #? He's talking about Lianna, shortly after Kyle sacrificed most of the ION power to ressurect the guardians, but she may or may not have been powered up as well. Lianna aged herself forward while all the male guardians were still children.

Cogito
Originally posted by Juntai
He's talking about Lianna, shortly after Kyle sacrificed most of the ION power to ressurect the guardians, but she may or may not have been powered up as well. Lianna aged herself forward while all the male guardians were still children.

thumb up

I don't know what you mean by "may or may not have been powered up" though, as she didn't have any more power than an adult guardian was supposed to have.

I'll try to remember to post scans when I get home tonight.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Maybe one day you will think before you post something ignoring the context.

Prep-Man
thumb up

I don't know what you mean by "may or may not have been powered up" though, as she didn't have any more power than an adult guardian was supposed to have.

I'll try to remember to post scans when I get home tonight.

She had the power of a baby guardian, right?

Cogito
She had the power of a baby guardian, right?

Nah she had the power of an adult Guardian. She just wasn't mature/in control enough to use it, which is why she nearly destroyed a planet/Kyle & Jade.

abhilegend
Maybe one day you will think before you post something ignoring the context.
laughing

quanchi112
laughing wink

Cogito
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Issue #?

Ganthet fixes planet
Ganthet explains

Green Lantern, Volume 3, Issues 159-161

Odekahn
Based off of what ?

Based by association if nothing else. PS's peers far outclass any guardian.

quanchi112
Based by association if nothing else. PS's peers far outclass any guardian. Who are his peers ?

Odekahn
Who are his peers ?

I'm assuming here, but I always kind of thought that beings like The Word and The Voice were his peers. I could totally be wrong on this. I don't know a whole lot about PS, I just have always heard he's insanely powerful and the stuff I have seen be seems to be more of an entity. I would naturally place him above beings like the guardians. I look at him in the same way I look at Uatu the Watcher.

Odekahn
double post

Blight
I'm assuming here, but I always kind of thought that beings like The Word and The Voice were his peers. I could totally be wrong on this. I don't know a whole lot about PS, I just have always heard he's insanely powerful and the stuff I have seen be seems to be more of an entity. I would naturally place him above beings like the guardians. I look at him in the same way I look at Uatu the Watcher. The problem is most of that is implied. Doesn't do good to have implied power on a KMC battle.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm assuming here, but I always kind of thought that beings like The Word and The Voice were his peers. http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/128228-3/Jerk-knees-woman.gif

quanchi112
I'm assuming here, but I always kind of thought that beings like The Word and The Voice were his peers. I could totally be wrong on this. I don't know a whole lot about PS, I just have always heard he's insanely powerful and the stuff I have seen be seems to be more of an entity. I would naturally place him above beings like the guardians. I look at him in the same way I look at Uatu the Watcher. laughing out loud Yeah, totally wrong.

Odekahn
Ok, ok guys, lol. I said I could be wrong. I'd actually like to be wrong. I like Ganthet tons better. My favorite character in all of comics is Hal Jordan so any guardian is going to have a special place in my heart. I'm open to this battle, I just always heard about PS's implied power, and even in the old DC RPG his card was by far the most powerful out of the characters in the game, so I thought this would be a stomping. If I'm wrong then I'll be more than happy to admit it. I'll continue to watch the discussion and see where it goes.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/128228-3/Jerk-knees-woman.gif

that is......one of the most disturbing things i've ever seen posted here. no expression

quanchi112
Ok, ok guys, lol. I said I could be wrong. I'd actually like to be wrong. I like Ganthet tons better. My favorite character in all of comics is Hal Jordan so any guardian is going to have a special place in my heart. I'm open to this battle, I just always heard about PS's implied power, and even in the old DC RPG his card was by far the most powerful out of the characters in the game, so I thought this would be a stomping. If I'm wrong then I'll be more than happy to admit it. I'll continue to watch the discussion and see where it goes. Ps is all hype and rarely if ever delivers.

Cogito
Ps is all hype and rarely if ever delivers.

Well, that's not surprising given that he's not allowed to deliver. wink

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by leonidas
that is......one of the most disturbing things i've ever seen posted here. no expression Oh Leo. Sometimes you just make me laugh hard

quanchi112
Well, that's not surprising given that he's not allowed to deliver. wink I go by what I read and how he stacks up. Can you recall an instance where he owned anyone of note.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Cogito Well, that's not surprising given that he's not allowed to deliver. wink

id like to see ganthets feats.

Juntai
thumb up

I'll try to remember to post scans when I get home tonight. The Hearstone.

lilshogun
Phantom S level isn't phenomenally high in my reading of the character, maybe equivalent of an average Doctor Strange IMO. His true power lies is in his awareness of the situation and Universe around him and his ability to navigate the solution to his objectives. He never faces opponents without preperation, he didn't take down Eclipso direct and he doesn't face the Spectre or more day to day opponents face to face, not without a methodical plan and back-up. He's the Batman of the mystical world. The Phantom doesn't have the power to physically beat Ganthet. It is very unlikely the he would even consider directly assaulting him. I will take Phantom by prep only.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Phantom Stranger has so much... power... implied... implied power... that it's hard to see him lose here

Cogito
id like to see ganthets feats.

His two best feats that I can recall are gesturely restoring that planet in the scan I posted and casually owning Kilowog in rebirth. Third best is probably engaging hundreds of rookie GLs with one hand.

Then there's abstract feats/statements (e.g. "crack a planet in half with a thought", recreating Hal's shattered ring pre-ZH, co-creating the Blue Lantern Corps, creating his own power ring)

Then there's him being a member of the Quintessence, and whatever that entails. A part of his power inbued Gog's staff.

quanchi112
His two best feats that I can recall are gesturely restoring that planet in the scan I posted and casually owning Kilowog in rebirth. Third best is probably engaging hundreds of rookie GLs with one hand.

Then there's abstract feats/statements (e.g. "crack a planet in half with a thought", recreating Hal's shattered ring pre-ZH, co-creating the Blue Lantern Corps, creating his own power ring)

Then there's him being a member of the Quintessence, and whatever that entails. A part of his power inbued Gog's staff. Compare that to Ps's feats and see who looks more impressive.

Prep-Man

Then there's him being a member of the Quintessence, and whatever that entails. A part of his power inbued Gog's staff.

If Ganthet could crack a planet, I'd be impressed, but most of those feats aren't all that.

quanchi112
If Ganthet could crack a planet, I'd be impressed, but most of those feats aren't all that. What are some of Ps's feats ?

Prep-Man

Someone should post the scans of Phantom Strangers meeting with Pandora and Tanaraq.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64507/2189574-phantom_stranger_large.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64507/2225744-phantomstranger74_large.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.