Superman (Kingdom Come) vs. Doomsday (Hunter/Prey)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
No bfr. Ko or death is the only way off this indestructible planet.

JakeTheBank
KC Superman.

the Darkone
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
KC Superman.

I concur, KC Superman was on another level than his counterpart!!

carver9
KC Supes.

carver9
Originally posted by carver9
KC Supes.

Gets speed blitzed.

quanchi112
Gets speed blitzed. You know someone might even really argue Doomsday blitzes Kc Superman. I'd actually enjoy the insanity for a moment.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
You know someone might even really argue Doomsday blitzes Kc Superman. I'd actually enjoy the insanity for a moment.

Lol.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by the Darkone
I concur, KC Superman was on another level than his counterpart!!

based on what, the hercules ownage?

Cogito
Doomsday still wins.

abhilegend
Doomsday. KC superman has only one showing where he was shown superior to normal superman while gog pushed his shit in with entire JSA supporting him. The same gog got his face rearranged in one punch from superman. To say that based on a single showing against hercules KC superman wins against someone who steamrolled entire JLA is foolish.

Galan007
Doomsday wins.

Estacado
DD.

Blight
Wasn't Hunter Prey Doomsday impossible to defeat sans teleporting him to the end of time? And since that would be considered BFR, which isn't allowed, KC Superman can't do that.

No choice but to say Doomsday. Though I guess one has to wonder at what point Doomsday is at during Hunter Prey. If it's him at the end of it, there is no chance in hell of KOing him. I could see an argument for KC Superman knocking him out if it were him at the beginning, though highly unlikely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday. KC superman has only one showing where he was shown superior to normal superman while gog pushed his shit in with entire JSA supporting him. The same gog got his face rearranged in one punch from superman. To say that based on a single showing against hercules KC superman wins against someone who steamrolled entire JLA is foolish. If I could find the time would you be up for battlezoning this ? I'd rep Kingdom Come Superman you could rep Doomsday.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blight
Wasn't Hunter Prey Doomsday impossible to defeat sans teleporting him to the end of time? And since that would be considered BFR, which isn't allowed, KC Superman can't do that.

No choice but to say Doomsday. Though I guess one has to wonder at what point Doomsday is at during Hunter Prey. If it's him at the end of it, there is no chance in hell of KOing him. I could see an argument for KC Superman knocking him out if it were him at the beginning, though highly unlikely. This is just flat out incorrect and was later proven wrong in another arc. The writer himself disagrees regarding the hp arc as well.

abhilegend
If I could find the time would you be up for battlezoning this ? I'd rep Kingdom Come Superman you could rep Doomsday.
Not atm. I'm still in the hospital though recovering fast. Maybe next week or the week after that.

The Pict
Doomsday will win this.

quanchi112
Not atm. I'm still in the hospital though recovering fast. Maybe next week or the week after that. So are you saying no or yes in the next few weeks. If you say no I will ask mistress death since he claimed I ducked him before. I never forget and always hold onto grudges.

abhilegend
So are you saying no or yes in the next few weeks. If you say no I will ask mistress death since he claimed I ducked him before. I never forget and always hold onto grudges.
Yes, perhaps next week.

quanchi112
Yes, perhaps next week. It's so ripe with irony is it not ? Me representing a Superman against you.

abhilegend
It's so ripe with irony is it not ? Me representing a Superman against you.
Yeah, one day I would rep thanos against you.313

quanchi112
Yeah, one day I would rep thanos against you.313 I'd never accept. smile But really though KC is by far the coolest Superman to ever grace a comic. New earth Superman disgusts me.

Galan007
But really though KC is by far the coolest Superman to ever grace a comic. This is one of the few things I agree with you about. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
This is one of the few things I agree with you about. thumb up He's going to be punching Doomsday in the grill real soon. Galan you and I are becoming pretty epic friends.

Galan007
No.

...And did you just use the word "epic". Heh, f*cking loser. ermmnone

quanchi112
No.

...And did you just use the word "epic". Heh, f*cking loser. ermmnone How people from different worlds came to overcome their differences to become friends. Sounds like a lifetime movie.

abhilegend
I'd never accept. smile But really though KC is by far the coolest Superman to ever grace a comic. New earth Superman disgusts me.
Only time will tell.evillaugh
I agree but all star superman is the coolest superman ever.Originally posted by Galan007
This is one of the few things I agree with you about. thumb up
Traitor.uhuh

quanchi112
Only time will tell.evillaugh
I agree but all star superman is the coolest superman ever.
Traitor.uhuh I hate All Star Superman as well. Figures you'd like him too.

carver9
I'd never accept. smile But really though KC is by far the coolest Superman to ever grace a comic. New earth Superman disgusts me.

I agree 100% with this. KC is by far one of the coolest Superman. Do you think he could have given Prime a fight?

abhilegend
I agree 100% with this. KC is by far one of the coolest Superman. Do you think he could have given Prime a fight?
So you finally admit you hate main earth superman.

carver9
So you finally admit you hate main earth superman.

With a passion.

When people admit Gladiator on a bad day>Superman, then I would probably like the character.

mad

abhilegend
With a passion.

When people admit Gladiator on a bad day>Superman, then I would probably like the character.

mad
Pigs would fly sooner than that happening. Even quan thinks superman>gladiator. Poor you.

quanchi112
I agree 100% with this. KC is by far one of the coolest Superman. Do you think he could have given Prime a fight? Definitely. Prime has lost a lot of his "invincibility status" since the teen titans beat down. More appearances for any character tend to do that eventually.

carver9
Pigs would fly sooner than that happening. Even quan thinks superman>gladiator. Poor you.

laughing out loud

Quan think they are peers.

Blight
This is just flat out incorrect and was later proven wrong in another arc. The writer himself disagrees regarding the hp arc as well. Really? So essentially the arc was retconned?

quanchi112
Really? So essentially the arc was retconned? No, the arc wasn't retconned but he was killed since then and the writer stated he could still be physically killed.

Blight
No, the arc wasn't retconned but he was killed since then and the writer stated he could still be physically killed. That seems to fly in the face of everything Hunter/Prey stood for.

Sr J-Bieb
That seems to fly in the face of everything Hunter/Prey stood for. That Superman couldn't kill him?

quanchi112
That seems to fly in the face of everything Hunter/Prey stood for. No, it didn't. They wanted to put him in a place where he couldn't return from. Killing him and him coming back more powerful wouldn't necessarily stop Doomsday for good.

Blight
No, it didn't. They wanted to put him in a place where he couldn't return from. Killing him and him coming back more powerful wouldn't necessarily stop Doomsday for good. Oh I see. I know he can die. So you think KC Superman is that much more powerful than Superman with a MotherBox?

quanchi112
Oh I see. I know he can die. So you think KC Superman is that much more powerful than Superman with a MotherBox? Does Fu-k yeah answer your question.

Blight
Ah, I see. What puts him so far above Superman with a Motherbox?

carver9
Current Superman (pre Reboot) is more powerful than the Supes with the motherbox that fought HP Doomsday. Superman has grown in power since then. Hell, Current Wonder Woman (before the Reboot) would give HP Doomsday a hell of a fight...especially if we look at her latest battles like Amazo, Konvikt.

carver9
Doomsday fought a far weaker Superman and JLA than current Supes and JLA.

quanchi112
Ah, I see. What puts him so far above Superman with a Motherbox? For one thing I don't see that Superman at the time as powerful as pre reboot new earth Superman. I also didn't see anything impressive with the motherbox to denote some huge leap in power.

Blight
For one thing I don't see that Superman at the time as powerful as pre reboot new earth Superman. I also didn't see anything impressive with the motherbox to denote some huge leap in power. You have a point. But what has KC Superman done that puts him above?

quanchi112
You have a point. But what has KC Superman done that puts him above? Do you need to see it yourself ?

Blight
I'm not arguing. I just don't remember him being that much more powerful than regular Superman.

I'm not much of a KMC Battler, Quan. I tend to stick to the sidelines asking questions to gain Knowledge. I also have a more malleable opinion than probably anyone on this board regarding comic book fights, to be honest.

quanchi112
I'm not arguing. I just don't remember him being that much more powerful than regular Superman.

I'm not much of a KMC Battler, Quan. I tend to stick to the sidelines asking questions to gain Knowledge. I also have a more malleable opinion than probably anyone on this board regarding comic book fights, to be honest. I hope this will suffice.

I think because I swore in the file name it didn't work. Bunch of babies.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Dontmesswithkc1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Dontmesswithkc1b.jpg

Blight
I hope this will suffice.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Dont****withkc1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Dont****withkc1b.jpg
A moved or deleted image will not suffice...................

Sr J-Bieb
This image or video has been moved or deleted

*picture* photobucket

x2

Blight
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
This image or video has been moved or deleted

*picture* photobucket

x2 It's very convincing stick out tongue

quanchi112
A moved or deleted image will not suffice................... I swore in the file name. I'm what you call an internet badass. Look up and then swear your loyalty to me for the rest of your life.

zeel
DD

Sr J-Bieb
Now we're supposed to play the guessing game? Just too much work Quan

Blight
I swore in the file name. I'm what you call an internet badass. Look up and then swear your loyalty to me for the rest of your life. It requires a password. You're making me jump through a lot of hoops for this......

Sr J-Bieb
Quan's got secret documents that he needs to keep private

quanchi112
Once you verify you see it I will delete it. I don't want to clog up the page with these giant images.

quanchi112
Quan's got secret documents that he needs to keep private Deviant things.

Blight
Dude. What is that from? I want to read. Is that something JSAish?

Galan007
JSA #13.

That's KC Superman's best feat.

quanchi112
Dude. What is that from? I want to read. Is that something JSAish? Yeah, pm me later I will look up the issues it covers. I read it a while back. The arc ended kinda shitty but for a while it was pretty awesome. Kc Superman would eat New Earth Superman for lunch. I am deleting the images now.

Blight
You know, I think I may have read those, actually. In fact I must have if it's JSA since it's my favorite Comic.

Sr J-Bieb
JSA #13.

That's KC Superman's best feat. He punched magic Gog lightning... which isn't quantifiable, but it was cool

h1a8
DD

quanchi112
He punched magic Gog lightning... which isn't quantifiable, but it was cool Funny you said something about that image as this sig was in the works. Quit copying me, bro.

carver9
Funny you said something about that image as this sig was in the works. Quit copying me, bro.

Traitor.

quanchi112
Traitor. Always liked kc Superman, carvey. This sig ain't comin' down for a bit. Get used to it.

Sr J-Bieb
Funny you said something about that image as this sig was in the works. Quit copying me, bro. I said that and then your sig came into being.

I created you

carver9
Always liked kc Superman, carvey. This sig ain't comin' down for a bit. Get used to it.

Someone is currently making me a Thanos and Hulk Sig. Get use to it when I put it up.

quanchi112
I said that and then your sig came into being.

I created you In the end nver always thought we were the same guy. Maybe he was right.Originally posted by carver9
Someone is currently making me a Thanos and Hulk Sig. Get use to it when I put it up. That means you'll have one Hulk sig to match my one and one Thanos sig to my 10.

carver9
In the end nver always thought we were the same guy. Maybe he was right. That means you'll have one Hulk sig to match my one and one Thanos sig to my 10.

But my Sig will be better and I'm in the process of taking Thanos from you.

quanchi112
But my Sig will be better and I'm in the process of taking Thanos from you. Having one sig of Thanos means shi-. You can love Thanos and be one of my clones if you really want.

carver9
Having one sig of Thanos means shi-. You can love Thanos and be one of my clones if you really want.

Who said I will have only one Thanos Sig?

quanchi112
Who said I will have only one Thanos Sig? Carver, you've never had a sig before in 8 years. You lie. If you want your first sig to be of Thanos I'd actually laugh at you.

carver9
Carver, you've never had a sig before in 8 years. You lie. If you want your first sig to be of Thanos I'd actually laugh at you.

Get it right. Hulk and Thanos...the two idols of KMC.

quanchi112
Get it right. Hulk and Thanos...the two idols of KMC. Oh I see. Is it Thanos slapping the Hulk or overpowering the Hulk. Color me curious.

carver9
Oh I see. Is it Thanos slapping the Hulk or overpowering the Hulk. Color me curious.

It's Thanos and Hulk ripping Superman in half. Im also getting one done of Thanos melting from the collision in the Dark Dimension.

quanchi112
It's Thanos and Hulk ripping Superman in half. Im also getting one done of Thanos melting from the collision in the Dark Dimension. Thanos melting in the collision that's just pure fantasy and wishful thinking on your end.

carver9
Thanos melting in the collision that's just pure fantasy and wishful thinking on your end.

I can see it happening. I think you can as well (denial).

quanchi112
I can see it happening. I think you can as well (denial). No, carver you wish it would happen but Thanos is leagues away higher than Hulk on his best day.

carver9
When Thanos tank hits from high class 100, holla at me.

iceman24567
I can see it happening. I think you can as well (denial). LOL you really believe the collision would kill Thanos laughing

quanchi112
When Thanos tank hits from high class 100, holla at me. laughing out loud

Thanos has tanked attacks from far higher beings than high class 100. Carver says the darndest things.

thepersuader
No bfr. Ko or death is the only way off this indestructible planet.

DD.

This is a little off topic but I have a question about supermans durability.
This is completely a "what if" situation. Lets say Superman is walking down a dark alley and the persuader jumps out of the shadows and swings his atomic axe full force at supermans neck. Lets say superman is amused by this masked villain and allows this to go down. Does the persuader have the necessary strength and more importantly can the atomic axe decapitate superman. The atomic axe is said to be able to cut through ANYTHING.

quanchi112
Originally posted by thepersuader
DD.

This is a little off topic but I have a question about supermans durability.
This is completely a "what if" situation. Lets say Superman is walking down a dark alley and the persuader jumps out of the shadows and swings his atomic axe full force at supermans neck. Lets say superman is amused by this masked villain and allows this to go down. Does the persuader have the necessary strength and more importantly can the atomic axe decapitate superman. The atomic axe is said to be able to cut through ANYTHING. you're saying he can cut through anything and asking if Superman can resist this hypothetical plot device....seriously ?

CosmicComet
When Thanos tank hits from high class 100, holla at me.

Tanked blasts from Gungnir.

Considering Odin's weaker brother, The Serpent, broke Cap's shield with his bare hands--well I'll let you work out the rest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Tanked blasts from Gungnir.

Considering Odin's weaker brother, The Serpent, broke Cap's shield with his bare hands--well I'll let you work out the rest. Carver says the worst things.

carver9
Carver says the worst things.

Whatever Quan.

quanchi112
Whatever Quan. That's my point Hulk's best doesn't even match up to Thanos' average showings. One day you will learn. I hope it's soon.

carver9
That's my point Hulk's best doesn't even match up to Thanos' average showings. One day you will learn. I hope it's soon.

This is the wrong thread to discuss this even though you are wrong.

Juntai
Why are you guys discussion Hulk and Thanos in a Superman vs Doomsday thread?

carver9
Originally posted by Juntai
Why are you guys discussion Hulk and Thanos in a Superman vs Doomsday thread?

Read above.

quanchi112
This is the wrong thread to discuss this even though you are wrong. I'm rarely if ever wrong. Originally posted by Juntai
Why are you guys discussion Hulk and Thanos in a Superman vs Doomsday thread? Who wins this thread ? If you gave your opinion I must have missed it. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matchup.

Juntai
I'm rarely if ever wrong. Who wins this thread ? If you gave your opinion I must have missed it. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matchup. You're wrong a lot.

And Doomsday wins.

We don't know definitively with their limited time together that KC Superman is above our Superman. And even if he were, how much would that be? We hardly had good comparisons.

But by the time Hunter/Prey happened Doomsday was unable to be defeated by any normal means of blasting or punching.

He was stopped by being sent to the end of time, his body was taken from there by Brainiac, he was stopped next time by having him put into perpetual teleportation, and then when released was only stopped by Imperiex Prime.

Waverider, Darkseid, Superman, all the characters he encountered in H/P where an inconvenience to him at most, and only slowed him down. It was pretty much the same story all the way till Imperiex.

quanchi112
You're wrong a lot.

And Doomsday wins.

We don't know definitively with their limited time together that KC Superman is above our Superman. And even if he were, how much would that be? We hardly had good comparisons.

But by the time Hunter/Prey happened Doomsday was unable to be defeated by any normal means of blasting or punching.

He was stopped by being sent to the end of time, his body was taken from there by Brainiac, he was stopped next time by having him put into perpetual teleportation, and then when released was only stopped by Imperiex Prime.

Waverider, Darkseid, Superman, all the characters he encountered in H/P where an inconvenience to him at most, and only slowed him down. It was pretty much the same story all the way till Imperiex. I've gotten used to you being wrong.

Earth 22 Superman completely no sold an attack which sent ne Superman flying backwards. That's a pretty definitive example comparing the two. It shows they aren't even close. Earth 22 Superman didn't move an inch.

I disagree entirely but I'll go more into the specifics in my battlezone. I love that I am repping an alternative Superman while you are on the side of a Hulk like character. It's a good day.

Juntai
I've gotten used to you being wrong.

Earth 22 Superman completely no sold an attack which sent ne Superman flying backwards. That's a pretty definitive example comparing the two. It shows they aren't even close. Earth 22 Superman didn't move an inch.

I disagree entirely but I'll go more into the specifics in my battlezone. I love that I am repping an alternative Superman while you are on the side of a Hulk like character. It's a good day. Once again, one attack doesn't mean much. The mentallity of the two Superman characters is completely different. KC Superman appeared in Metropolis directly after seeing everyone he knows die.

There's nothing to suggest that once New Earth Superman gets going that he's not every bit as powerful.

It's not a definitive comparison.

I'm wrong occasionally, not very often however. I whip ass and take names in a much higher respect bracket than you. wink

carver9
Doomsday doing good against a weaker Superman doesnt mean that this would fly against superior characters. Current Superman would rock HP and KC Superman would do the same. HP Doomsday never faced anyone with this type of strength...he fought a far weaker Superman.

abhilegend
I've gotten used to you being wrong.

I disagree entirely but I'll go more into the specifics in my battlezone. I love that I am repping an alternative Superman while you are on the side of a Hulk like character. It's a good day.
And got ktfo by gog.Originally posted by carver9
Doomsday doing good against a weaker Superman doesnt mean that this would fly against superior characters. Current Superman would rock HP and KC Superman would do the same. HP Doomsday never faced anyone with this type of strength...he fought a far weaker Superman.
laughing out loud
If you think that then current superman must be stronger than j'onn and orion combined.

quanchi112
Once again, one attack doesn't mean much. The mentallity of the two Superman characters is completely different. KC Superman appeared in Metropolis directly after seeing everyone he knows die.

There's nothing to suggest that once New Earth Superman gets going that he's not every bit as powerful.

It's not a definitive comparison.

I'm wrong occasionally, not very often however. I whip ass and take names in a much higher respect bracket than you. wink What does the mentality have to do with tanking attacks ? One Superman didn't budge while the other got thrown back hundreds of feet.

Both are powered by solar energy so why does Ne suddenly become more powerful while e-22 doesn't. The comparison was pretty clear. You can complain all you want it isn't changing anything.

Yes, it is. smile

Nah.

carver9
And got ktfo by gog.
laughing out loud
If you think that then current superman must be stronger than j'onn and orion combined.

Which Jonn and Orion? If you are talking about this one...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/3-10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/4-9.jpg

The one that got taken out by a tank being thrown on him...I sure do. Now if you are talking about current Orion before the reboot, then no.

carver9
Forgot to add this...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/6-8.jpg

quanchi112
And got ktfo by gog.
Jsa Gog ? When did he ko him ?

abhilegend
Which Jonn and Orion? If you are talking about this one...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/3-10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/4-9.jpg

The one that got taken out by a tank being thrown on him...I sure do. Now if you are talking about current Orion before the reboot, then no.
laughing out loud
They are the same guy.

carver9
laughing out loud
They are the same guy.

Except with a noticeable power increase.

abhilegend
Jsa Gog ? When did he ko him ?
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/sallyp617/th_25rhxqa.jpgOriginally posted by carver9
Except with a noticeable power increase.
How did he increased his power? He has no upgrades since then.

abhilegend

quanchi112
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/sallyp617/th_25rhxqa.jpg
How did he increased his power? He has no upgrades since then. He's holding him up. He isn't ko'd. Jsa Gog was beastly anyway. The team beat the snot out of him. The team that was assembled would beat the snot out of many foes.

carver9
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/sallyp617/th_25rhxqa.jpg(auto quote)
How did he increased his power? He has no upgrades since then.

By physically stalemating a Supes that has grown in power in a fist fight unless you think the Supes that fought that Doomsday is equal to current Supes (please say yes).

Diesldude
Superman wins.. LOL at people saying hp is like hulk and that pre reboot ww can take him when he has no clue about HP DD or Hunter Prey.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman wins.. LOL at people saying hp is like hulk and that pre reboot ww can take him when he has no clue about HP DD or Hunter Prey.

Hulk>>>>>>Doomsday

abhilegend

By physically stalemating a Supes that has grown in power in a fist fight unless you think the Supes that fought that Doomsday is equal to current Supes (please say yes).
Then you don't know how comics work.

abhilegend
He's holding him up. He isn't ko'd. Jsa Gog was beastly anyway. The team beat the snot out of him. The team that was assembled would beat the snot out of many foes.
He was stunned, his eyes closed and body limp and wasn't even trying to free himself. Usually that happens when you get koed in comics. DD steamrolled a similiar team.

jalek moye
Doomsday. KC superman has only one showing where he was shown superior to normal superman while gog pushed his shit in with entire JSA supporting him. The same gog got his face rearranged in one punch from superman. To say that based on a single showing against hercules KC superman wins against someone who steamrolled entire JLA is foolish.

When did New Earth superman fight JSA Gog one on one?

Juntai
What does the mentality have to do with tanking attacks ? If you have to ask why one Superman losing everyone he knows during the story while the other is having a happy-go-lucky day by comparison, and why one might appear to take a single attack better than the other, then your understanding of Superman is very clear; minimal.

Juntai
Doomsday doing good against a weaker Superman doesnt mean that this would fly against superior characters. Current Superman would rock HP and KC Superman would do the same. HP Doomsday never faced anyone with this type of strength...he fought a far weaker Superman. I disagree. Superman has never been more powerful than Doomsday, and there's no reason to believe he would be today. Superman's power had already begun ramping up after his 'ressurection' by the time of Hunter/Prey, and Doomsday wars, there in the mid-90s he began doing things like moving the moon around, so suggesting he's far more powerful today, just because he's amassed more feats just doesn't seem very sound to me.

Superman was even amped in H/P, had Darkseid, Waverider, etc all helping, and it was still just an inconvenience. He even had a motherbox healing his wounds.

Later on the entire big time JLA team was almost useless against him.

He could only be stopped by by a deus ex until Imperiex. A) the end of time. B) perpetual teleportation.

Also, powerscaling would work for him as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by jalek moye
When did New Earth superman fight JSA Gog one on one?
JSA gog is the same gog from Wrath of gog storyline. The power of retcons rule supreme.

carver9

Shaking my head at you and pointing. It doesn't work like that.

carver9
I disagree. Superman has never been more powerful than Doomsday, and there's no reason to believe he would be today. Superman's power had already begun ramping up after his 'ressurection' by the time of Hunter/Prey, and Doomsday wars, there in the mid-90s he began doing things like moving the moon around, so suggesting he's far more powerful today, just because he's amassed more feats just doesn't seem very sound to me.

Superman was even amped in H/P, had Darkseid, Waverider, etc all helping, and it was still just an inconvenience. He even had a motherbox healing his wounds.

Later on the entire big time JLA team was almost useless against him.

He could only be stopped by by a deus ex until Imperiex. A) the end of time. B) perpetual teleportation.

Also, powerscaling would work for him as well.

After the DOS Doomsday fight, Superman was getting knocked out by stuff that current Superman would brush off and it happened consistently. He was far weaker back then and I can't believe you are debating this. HP Doomsday fought a far weaker Superman, FAR WEAKER. You trying to make Doomsday look impressive because he defeated far weaker characters than todays characters isnt helping your case.

Juntai
After the DOS Doomsday fight, Superman was getting knocked out by stuff that current Superman would brush off and it happened consistently. He was far weaker back then and I can't believe you are debating this. HP Doomsday fought a far weaker Superman, FAR WEAKER. You trying to make Doomsday look impressive because he defeated far weaker characters than todays characters isnt helping your case. And yet when he was side by side with the Doomsday from Hunter/Prey after being released from perpetual teleportation during OWAW, possibly one of Superman's biggest biggest stories and when he was possibly at the height of his power post-crisis, he was still in awe of Doomsday.
For all of how strong you believe Superman might have powered up, Doomsday powerscaled right with him.

Even when they do flashbacks to those old moments in comics, those characters are written with more current power as if they had it originally- even though they weren't written that way back then. It's the way comics work.

Even Superman's allies powerscaled with him, many of them without any discernable 'powerups' over time.

carver9
And yet when he was side by side with the Doomsday from Hunter/Prey after being released from perpetual teleportation during OWAW, possibly one of Superman's biggest biggest stories and when he was possibly at the height of his power post-crisis, he was still in awe of Doomsday.
For all of how strong you believe Superman might have powered up, Doomsday powerscaled right with him.

Even when they do flashbacks to those old moments in comics, those characters are written with more current power as if they had it originally- even though they weren't written that way back then. It's the way comics work.

So are you using Current (before reboot) Doomsday as a reference for HP? Are you sure you want to compare the two?

Juntai
So are you using Current (before reboot) Doomsday as a reference for HP? Are you sure you want to compare the two? All the way till Imperiex, where that version died.

Until Imperiex, no blasting or punching would down him, certainly not from Superman who tried many times.

And with no real evidence that KC Superman is stronger than our Superman, there's no reason to believe he could defeat him straight up either.

Juntai
I suppose you were hoping I'd say yes, so you could break out the scans of Doomsday in Infinite Crisis slapping up Kal El, until he was saved by Kal L, a stronger Superman, and try to conflate that to this.

Doomsday hasn't been the same engine of destruction since Imperiex.

quanchi112
He was stunned, his eyes closed and body limp and wasn't even trying to free himself. Usually that happens when you get koed in comics. DD steamrolled a similiar team. There's no proof he was ko'd Gog just was holding him up. We see earth 22 speaking to him later in the fight. He wasn't ko'd. Originally posted by Juntai
If you have to ask why one Superman losing everyone he knows during the story while the other is having a happy-go-lucky day by comparison, and why one might appear to take a single attack better than the other, then your understanding of Superman is very clear; minimal. So if I have nothing to lose and someone swings a crowbar at me I ignore it but if I am in a happy go lucky mood it breaks my jaw. This is some of the worst logic I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

We got to see a direct comparison of the two Supermen. Earth 22 is flat out superior. Being more aggressive doesn't change one's durability. Come on, man.

-Pr-
Doomsday is like Captain Marvel and Darkseid when related to Superman; power scales with him.

Cogito
He's holding him up. He isn't ko'd.
He was stunned, his eyes closed and body limp and wasn't even trying to free himself. Usually that happens when you get koed in comics.

Nah man. He was just napping 'cause dimensional travel causes serious jet lag. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
Nah man. He was just napping 'cause dimensional travel causes serious jet lag. wink He wasn't napping or out. Posters sometimes jump to say a ko when there isn't enough proof to warrant saying so.

abhilegend
There's no proof he was ko'd Gog just was holding him up. We see earth 22 speaking to him later in the fight. He wasn't ko'd. So if I have nothing to lose and someone swings a crowbar at me I ignore it but if I am in a happy go lucky mood it breaks my jaw. This is some of the worst logic I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

We got to see a direct comparison of the two Supermen. Earth 22 is flat out superior. Being more aggressive doesn't change one's durability. Come on, man.
Whatever you say quan. He was stunned and remained helpless untill alan saved his ass. How was he stunned

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_jsagog_jsa8.jpg

This was how strong he really was that even with the help of almost entire JSA he couldn't restrain gog

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_jsagog_jsa4.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_jsagog_jsa5.jpg

This is how new earth superman treated gog

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_gwgog_powers6.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_gwgog_powers8.jpg

You can have one moment where he looked superior but was he certainly so much superior as people want to brag about. No he wasn't.

Before you want to complain that it was a different gog, here's the proof that it was the same gog as "Wrath of gog" and he was defeated by superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_0800.jpg

carver9
I suppose you were hoping I'd say yes, so you could break out the scans of Doomsday in Infinite Crisis slapping up Kal El, until he was saved by Kal L, a stronger Superman, and try to conflate that to this.

Doomsday hasn't been the same engine of destruction since Imperiex.

Naah, this leaves Doomsday open for even further discussions involving his power level. You are picking and choosing though.

carver9
Whatever you say quan. He was stunned and remained helpless untill alan saved his ass. How was he stunned

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_jsagog_jsa8.jpg

This was how strong he really was that even with the help of almost entire JSA he couldn't restrain gog

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_jsagog_jsa4.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_gwgog_powers6.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/th_gwgog_powers8.jpg

You can have one moment where he looked superior but was he certainly so much superior as people want to brag about. No he wasn't.

Before you want to complain that it was a different gog, here's the proof that it was the same gog as "Wrath of gog" and he was defeated by superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_0800.jpg

Please make your scans bigger. Another thing, Gog snuck attack Earth 22 Superman.

abhilegend
Please make your scans bigger. Another thing, Gog snuck attack Earth 22 Superman.
What do you mean? Those aren't my scans. No he didn't.

quanchi112

Gog had the upper hand but 22 Superman was in no way close to being ko'd or beaten.

Gog wasn't powered by third world Gog then. I mean it happened before third world Gog was even created. This is getting rather ridiculous on your part. By your logic Hawkman >>> Earth 22 Superman. It's just ridiculous.

Also why leave out the part where Doomsday interceded on Superman's behalf.

In closing this jsa Gog wasn't empowered by third world Gog once and for all ending this farce you call an argument.

abhilegend
Gog had the upper hand but 22 Superman was in no way close to being ko'd or beaten.

Gog wasn't powered by third world Gog then. I mean it happened before third world Gog was even created. This is getting rather ridiculous on your part. By your logic Hawkman >>> Earth 22 Superman. It's just ridiculous.

Also why leave out the part where Doomsday interceded on Superman's behalf.

In closing this jsa Gog wasn't empowered by third world Gog once and for all ending this farce you call an argument.
Yeah but kc superman had the help of entire JSA backing him and he was as in-effective as power girl. I would say even karen got a lick or two against gog.

Oh quan, how many time you can be wrong

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_16-17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_18.jpg

Hawkman broke V&V despero's teeth out. His mace has hurt top tier being. Its not my fault that every character you support starts to suck.

He was poisoned by yellow kryptonite which was destroying his cells. He was being lightheaded approaching match speed.

LOL.

quanchi112
Yeah but kc superman had the help of entire JSA backing him and he was as in-effective as power girl. I would say even karen got a lick or two against gog.

Oh quan, how many time you can be wrong

Hawkman broke V&V despero's teeth out. His mace has hurt top tier being. Its not my fault that every character you support starts to suck.

He was poisoned by yellow kryptonite which was destroying his cells. He was being lightheaded approaching match speed.

LOL. You trying to twist the truth is flat out terrible. Hawkman isn't anywhere near as powerful as Earth 22 Superman. 22 Superman was at the forefront as this team overwhelmed him.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_kcizzle1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Kcizzle1b.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Kcizzle1c.jpg

22 Superman was far more effective in battle than Hawkman. To argue otherwise is being flat out deceitful. I am not saying Hawkman can't hurt top tiers I am saying he's nowhere near 22 Superman in terms of power. Try and keep up. If you are this dishonest I will eat you up and spit you out in our battlezone.

Yes, k-nite is a huge weakness of Superman's. This other Gog used prep and wasn't powered by Third World Gog. You trying to argue they were the same is being dishonest.

Galan007
In closing this jsa Gog wasn't empowered by third world Gog once and for all ending this farce you call an argument. He absolutely WAS. The scans abhilegend posted couldn't be clearer.

quanchi112
He absolutely WAS. The scans abhilegend posted couldn't be clearer. Are you kidding me ? The scans make it clear this is a real man who isn't the third world Gog. He's only empowered by third world gog for this story. He didn't exist as a character in Superman 825.

abhilegend
You trying to twist the truth is flat out terrible. Hawkman isn't anywhere near as powerful as Earth 22 Superman. 22 Superman was at the forefront as this team overwhelmed him.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_kcizzle1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Kcizzle1b.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Kcizzle1c.jpg

22 Superman was far more effective in battle than Hawkman. To argue otherwise is being flat out deceitful. I am not saying Hawkman can't hurt top tiers I am saying he's nowhere near 22 Superman in terms of power. Try and keep up. If you are this dishonest I will eat you up and spit you out in our battlezone.

Yes, k-nite is a huge weakness of Superman's. This other Gog used prep and wasn't powered by Third World Gog. You trying to argue they were the same is being dishonest.
laughing out loud
So now you're trying to compare hawkman to kc superman. Where did I stated that hawkman> KC superman? You are just trying to distract from the real point that there was just one showing where KC superman looked slightly superior to superman. Well good for him, Kal beats gog alone.
LOL, who is trying to compare hawkman with kc superman save you? We'll see quan, we'll see.
You are really priceless quan. I just posted the scans where Gog himself says that matthews always had his power. You wouldn't last for long in our BZ quan.

abhilegend
Are you kidding me ? The scans make it clear this is a real man who isn't the third world Gog. He's only empowered by third world gog for this story. He didn't exist as a character in Superman 825.
Retcons quan, retcons. Should I bring ka-zar fight in every thanos thread?

Galan007
Are you kidding me ? The scans make it clear this is a real man who isn't the third world Gog. He's only empowered by third world gog for this story. He didn't exist as a character in Superman 825. The f*ck are you talking about?

You specifically stated: "In closing this jsa Gog wasn't empowered by third world Gog." That is a blatantly incorrect statement, as JSA Gog WAS empowered by 3rd World Gog. In fact, the JSA arc retconned Matthew's entire character history.

quanchi112
laughing out loud
So now you're trying to compare hawkman to kc superman. Where did I stated that hawkman> KC superman? You are just trying to distract from the real point that there was just one showing where KC superman looked slightly superior to superman. Well good for him, Kal beats gog alone.
LOL, who is trying to compare hawkman with kc superman save you? We'll see quan, we'll see.
You are really priceless quan. I just posted the scans where Gog himself says that matthews always had his power. You wouldn't last for long in our BZ quan. You are trying to say Hawkman damaged Jsa Gog but then again so did 22 Superman. 22 Superman didn't look slightly superior he looked mountains above him. Not moving at all as opposed to flying hundreds of feet. That isn't even close and the word slightly doesn't mean what you think it does.

Ne Superman never faced a third world Gog. Ever. Post the proof third world Gog empowered him. wielding a staff doesn't mean third world gog who didn't exist at the time empowered it.

quanchi112
The f*ck are you talking about?

You specifically stated: "In closing this jsa Gog wasn't empowered by third world Gog." That is a blatantly incorrect statement, as JSA Gog WAS empowered by 3rd World Gog. In fact, the JSA arc retconned Matthew's entire character history. I am saying third world Gog only came into play for the jsa arc. What happened prior to is another matter altogether. It wasn't the same power source.

Events took place since then which changed the dcu. e 22's mere presence altered the course of history so what happened a year or so ago has nothing to do with this third world Gog empowered Gog.

abhilegend
You are trying to say Hawkman damaged Jsa Gog but then again so did 22 Superman. 22 Superman didn't look slightly superior he looked mountains above him. Not moving at all as opposed to flying hundreds of feet. That isn't even close and the word slightly doesn't mean what you think it does.

Ne Superman never faced a third world Gog. Ever. Post the proof third world Gog empowered him. wielding a staff doesn't mean third world gog who didn't exist at the time empowered it.
laughing out loud
I've said all I wanted to say on this topic. See ya in the BZ.

quanchi112
Retcons quan, retcons. Should I bring ka-zar fight in every thanos thread? That didn't change what happened in the past. This man had a different power source for this arc. Gog was coming and this was his follower. That wasn't the case in action 825.

abhilegend
That didn't change what happened in the past. This man had a different power source for this arc. Gog was coming and this was his follower. That wasn't the case in action 825.
laughing out loud

Galan007
Is this the first time you're read a comic? It's called a RETCON.

The JSA arc very clearly showed Matthew as a normal human being (ie. before he obtained ANY power) obtaining the staff, becoming empowered by the energies of 3rd World Gog, and transforming into Gog. The JSA arc also mentioned Matthew's battle with Superman a year prior. This means Matthew's previous battles as Gog are ALL canon to JSA Gog. abhilegend already posted these scans--it's all there in black and white.

Your inability to accept something as blatant as this retcon is laughable.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Your scan makes no such retcon. We see history change due to time travel which occurred at the time of 825 and events in the jsa which alter the present. Laughing isn't a retort.

abhilegend
Your scan makes no such retcon. We see history change due to time travel which occurred at the time of 825 and events in the jsa which alter the present. Laughing isn't a retort.
hysterical2

quanchi112
hysterical2 Sigh. I tire of this. Gog from the future purposely lost and accelerated Superman's own power tempting him with revenge. You are so dishonest sometimes it hurts. I don't want to drag this out any longer.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Gogscrewshimself1a.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_goglethimwin.jpg

^^Accelerated by my own power.

abhilegend
Sigh. I tire of this. Gog from the future purposely lost and accelerated Superman's own power tempting him with revenge. You are so dishonest sometimes it hurts. I don't want to drag this out any longer.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Gogscrewshimself1a.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_goglethimwin.jpg

^^Accelerated by my own power.
His healing you mean. That's gog of present who at the end swore revenge on superman again, the older gog was at kent farm killing another gog. Future gog just removed the yellow kryptonite and accelarted superman's healing. What else would he accelarate? You are trying to pass it like amping? laughing out loud
Are you backing away from our battlezone? Shame.

Juntai
His healing you mean. He just removed the yellow kryptonite and accelarted superman's healing. What else would he accelarate? You are trying to pass it like amping? laughing out loud He's detracting from the point, that Matthews is the same guy by retcon.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>