XMen vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the all powerful XMen group vs the JLA in a closed arena the size of a football field.

Contestants

Magneto
Hope
Magic
Colossonaut
Namor
Storm
Kid Gladiator
Danger
Exodus (I think he will be joining soon)
Rachel

VS

Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Batman
Hal
Martian Manhunter
John Stewart

Who wins?

nwg202
depends on the speed blitz. If they dont magik takes them to limbo and the x-team wins. you cant bfr the x-team cuz of magik and she can dimension dump. magik can use hell fire on MM. she can also redirect heat vision, the lasso etc..Plus hope will have access to all those powers( and i think shes the phoenix now)

key players to blitz for the jla are magik, hope. both tp resistant( the two most powerful ones need a split second to get their most powerful forms) before they amp.

the new wonderwoman can't fly right? I am also not sure how they take danger out either. tp resistant and can reform at will.

if cis is off magik stays in Limbo and just teleports the x-men all over the place slowly taking them out one by one. a couple of x-men fall of course (namor, storm, rachel a couple of others)

if they blitz magik and hope jla wins

oops sorry no bfr allowed? no limbo allowed?

Glorificus
X-men win.

Bouboumaster
JLA got too much firepower to loose here. And of course, thtat doesn't incluse Aquadouche.

But look at this: Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart. All herald lvler, and in that list, only John isn't in the "creme of the crop".

They can bfr X-Men easely, because Magix won't find her teammates, if they are in the middle of space.

Huge versatility advantage on JLA side too.

-Pr-
Your baiting doesn't work, you know.

nwg202
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
JLA got too much firepower to loose here. And of course, thtat doesn't incluse Aquadouche.

But look at this: Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart. All herald lvler, and in that list, only John isn't in the "creme of the crop".

They can bfr X-Men easely, because Magix won't find her teammates, if they are in the middle of space.

Huge versatility advantage on JLA side too.

Magik teleports across space and time. She can arguably send them into the end of time. she time travels often and can manipulate time. She can teleport across galaxies. Magik has a scying pool that can see anywhere. she can go to asgard, space any dimension any time period.

She was able to teleport Colossus right on top of kuurth from the crimson cosmos to kuurth who has right in the middle of san fransico. the soul sword can hurt mephistio it can kill wonder woman.

Hope, magik a cyttorak powered colossus and exodus are herald level people too.

Here doc strange says magik can manipulate time on a vast scale. she turned back an entire reality

nwg202
she can make magical constructs. She depowered the enchatress in one move and threatened to kill her. she can do almost anything in limbo. she can manipulate matter change the surroundings. manipulate time. but she is normally very underpowerd outside limbo( that's why i said the blitz is the best way to deal with her before she amps, gets armored up, etc...)

then you have hope who cable said is the phoenix. plus colossus juggs, exodus and danger. hope will have access to all the combined powers of magneto, exodus, namor storm, magiks porting etc...plus the pf force.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Your baiting doesn't work, you know.

Lol...do you honestly believe I am baiting?

nwg202
mystical hell fire vs MM who in my opinion is the biggest threat for the x-men. ( not sure if its enough to overcome him) supes is vulnerable to magic as well.

Existere
Is that... Pixie?

Pretty much the same as Martian Manhunter, I see your logic. mmm

nwg202
Originally posted by Existere
Is that... Pixie?

Well she was using the soul sword and soul dagger to block it. and those weapons are basically anti magic plot machines but the blast still got thru...(maybe pis though)

Prep-Man
JLA.

nwg202
Originally posted by Existere
Is that... Pixie?

maybe this a better feat. she sends warlock to limbo and tuns limbo into a fire pit. She also can move mountains turn them into giant hands, etc...sorcerer supreme and all that. and forget about magik what about hope? the biggest problem.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...do you honestly believe I am baiting?

Not you.

carver9
Not you.

Aaaahhhh, you are talking about Boub because he said something about Aquaman. Gotcha.

-Pr-
Aaaahhhh, you are talking about Boub because he said something about Aquaman. Gotcha.

Exactly; It amuses me, the ignorance that exists when it comes to a character that big in comicdom.

carver9
Exactly; It amuses me, the ignorance that exists when it comes to a character that big in comicdom.

Honestly, he is a great character...wished DC used him more. From the way things are looking, Aquaman is getting more screen time than some of the main guns before the reboot (Diana, Martian Manhunter...I think he even have more showings than Flash). Aquaman is doing good.

-Pr-
Honestly, he is a great character...wished DC used him more. From the way things are looking, Aquaman is getting more screen time than some of the main guns before the reboot (Diana, Martian Manhunter...I think he even have more showings than Flash). Aquaman is doing good.

He's in a flagship title, and luckily, he's been changed very little in the reboot. They're adding to his history rather than changing it.

And yeah, he's had some decent feats. Physically at least. He needs some more telepathy ones.

Estacado
What is the max number of powers Hope has mimiced at a time?

nwg202
well for me even without relying on magik's magic spells or limbo. without the blitz hope and magik can teleport mm into the sun ww, bats aquaman into some obscure dimension etc... its in character for magik at least. it would take less then a second. both hope and magik have great tp resistance. ( not sure if mm can mid rape them) its debatble. they can also put up disc shields vs physical and energy attacks and redirect them( the energy attacks at least) and the soul sword can carve up wonder woman.

so that leaves the gls and supes while the team dog piles on them. supes in limbo ( which is a highly magical realm will be vulnerable) mm normaly doesn't blitz, thats why aquaman was able to tp the white martian. I only think of flash who blitzes from the start. if he was here..id give the jla the majority for sure.

if they do blitz and hope and magik fall, the x-men have no chance imo. colossus can get bfr'd , no more hell fire or teleporting and dimension dumping against mm, no more magic attacks vs supes. still not sure how they ko danger though( they can bfr her i guess)

Hope absorbed all of utopia but burned out after a short fight. but they say she's getting better. i don't see why she cant get 5 or 6 super powerd guys right now. and still not sure the she can do with the phoenix force. She won't be able to get pete's cyttorak amp and magik's sorcery though, since they arn't mutant powers.

im am also curious i think gl's would beat mags but some say mags can control light. Can mags control the gl's light constructs?

is jla/avengers canon?( like photon abosrbing gl's stuff and wonder man breaking the kyle's sheild?) really hard to compare dc and marvel..

-Pr-
Originally posted by nwg202
well for me even without relying on magik's magic spells or limbo. without the blitz hope and magik can teleport mm into the sun ww, bats aquaman into some obscure dimension etc... its in character for magik at least. it would take less then a second. both hope and magik have great tp resistance. ( not sure if mm can mid rape them) its debatble.

so that leaves the gls and supes while the team dog piles on them. supes in limbo ( which is a highly magical realm will be vulnerable) mm normaly doesn't blitz, thats why aquaman was able to tp the white martian. I only think of flash who blitzes from the start. if he was here..id give the jla the majority for sure.

if they do blitz and hope and magik fall, the x-men have no chance imo. colossus can get bfr'd , no more hell fire or teleporting and dimension dumping against mm, no more magic attacks vs supes. still not sure how they ko danger though( they can bfr her i guess)

Hope absorbed all of utopia but burned out after a short fight. but they say she's getting better. i don't see why she cant get 5 or 6 super powerd guys right now. and still not sure the she can do with the phoenix force.

Why was Aquaman able to tp the white martian?

DarkSaint85

Because MM didn't speedblitz off the bat; had he done so, he may have (arguably) torn through the White Martians, and we would have been bereft of his awesome TP feat.

But I agree with nwg's assesment. Barring a speedblitz, JLA lose.

Estacado
well for me even without relying on magik's magic spells or limbo. without the blitz hope and magik can teleport mm into the sun ww, bats aquaman into some obscure dimension etc... its in character for magik at least. it would take less then a second. both hope and magik have great tp resistance. ( not sure if mm can mid rape them) its debatble. they can also put up disc shields vs physical and energy attacks and redirect them( the energy attacks at least) and the soul sword can carve up wonder woman.

Hope absorbed all of utopia but burned out after a short fight. but they say she's getting better. i don't see why she cant get 5 or 6 super powerd guys right now. and still not sure the she can do with the phoenix force. She won't be able to get pete's cyttorak amp and magik's sorcery though, since they arn't mutant powers.

im am also curious i think gl's would beat mags but some say mags can control light. Can mags control the gl's light constructs?

is jla/avengers canon?( like photon abosrbing gl's stuff and wonder man breaking the kyle's sheild?) really hard to compare dc and marvel..
Exodus could also bfr with teleportation or just teleport him and others around the field as tactic like he did recently.I think Magneto could mess with GL constructs like when he was messing with Proteus's energies.

nwg202

well the white martian was busy bragging. lol he was the speedster of the hyperclan.
if everyone blitzed all the time, bats would be dead. ( he was able to take out a couple of martians with a match and a tank of gasoline)

Estacado
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/MagnetovsProteus7.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/MagnetovsProteus8.jpg

nwg202
Originally posted by Estacado
Exodus could also bfr with teleportation or just teleport him and others around the field as tactic like he did recently.I think Magneto could mess with GL constructs like when he was messing with Proteus's energies.

Can exodus teleport across dimensions and time as well? or is he more like nightcrawler limited to distance? far greater range then kurt of course.

Estacado
IIRC Exodus's greatest teleportation feat is when he teleported Neophyte from Avalon(Magneto's space base) to Earth.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6310/teleportation01rg4.jpg

abhilegend

Superman beat blaze, the ruler of hell then in her own realm and tanked a magical blast that torn her to shreds. Diana and j'onn have speed too, if you forgot. What a white martian did has no bearings on j'onn. He blitzed white martians all over the world.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Because MM didn't speedblitz off the bat; had he done so, he may have (arguably) torn through the White Martians, and we would have been bereft of his awesome TP feat.

well the white martian was busy bragging. lol he was the speedster of the hyperclan.
if everyone blitzed all the time, bats would be dead. ( he was able to take out a couple of martians with a match and a tank of gasoline)

Well yeah, blitzing would have kind of robbed the story of any gravitas.

I don't think it means the JLA won't blitz at some point, though.

abhilegend

That's if we use magik at her highest showings and act like she's going to do it like we are controlling her. CIS is still on.

DarkSaint85
But they wouldn't know, for example, that Hope copies powers (based on the latest showings when she took out the Serpent Society).

Magik DOES seem to BFR more often than not in Uncanny; witness what she did to Sinister's forces. But I agree, abhi; when MM wasn't messing around in Terror Incognita, he speed blitzed White Martian towers worldwide pretty much simultaneously.

Estacado
Also couldnt Exodus psi drain MM?

abhilegend
But they wouldn't know, for example, that Hope copies powers (based on the latest showings when she took out the Serpent Society).

Magik DOES seem to BFR more often than not in Uncanny; witness what she did to Sinister's forces. But I agree, abhi; when MM wasn't messing around in Terror Incognita, he speed blitzed White Martian towers worldwide pretty much simultaneously.
Never count out batman. Superman blitzes too but we're excluding speedblitz here for the sake of this thread.

Sr J-Bieb
This is the all powerful XMen group vs the JLA in a closed arena the size of a football field.

Contestants

Magneto
Hope
Magik
Namor
Storm
Exodus (I think he will be joining soon)
Rachel

VS

Martian Manhunter

Who wins? Can create a bubble around MM
Can create a bubble around MM, or zap him with lightning
Fire
Lightning
Lightning
Bubble
Fire

Oh MM and your shitty showings.

Anyway, ignoring MM's turrible history, the X-Men probably win... maybe?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Never count out batman. Superman blitzes too but we're excluding speedblitz here for the sake of this thread.

I never do, but I thought even he would only know what the average Joe would know; and Hope has been pretty much hidden from the world so far. Give him prep, then yes, he'd know and update the others accordingly, but in this encounter? I don't think he would.

abhilegend
I never do, but I thought even he would only know what the average Joe would know; and Hope has been pretty much hidden from the world so far. Give him prep, then yes, he'd know and update the others accordingly, but in this encounter? I don't think he would.
Batman knows all. He's the goddamn batman.

-Pr-
Standard knowledge isn't always just what the average joe knows; it's the most basic facts about a character.

it's how, say, Hal Jordan would know that Ronan has super-strength etc, even though they've never fought.

Bouboumaster
I think that GLs are good tools in case where them or their teammates are BFR'd. I think they can go and bring them back to the fight.

I rest my case: X-Men don't have the firepower to beat this line-up of the JLA.

Lord Feron
Hope with pheonix force? Should solo but she don't have the feats to back it up.

nwg202
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Hope with pheonix force? Should solo but she don't have the feats to back it up.

I think that's the x-men's thing. tremendous potential but usually powered down to fit the usual x-men stuff. kinda like their theme of humanity's destiny to be godlike.

Ex. nate who is now depowered,cable with the virus, wanda classic vs hom wanda, magik regular vs darkchylde, even colossus as jugs has to power down before jugging out, rachel w/ phnx or without, warlock, jean, iceman, darwin etc...and they turn dark when they reach full power. ( they need angst and drama)lol cant be powerful and all american nice guys at the same time.

on paper that's an avatar of the phoenix force, an avatar of cyttorak, a hell lord and sorcerer supreme, well exodus and mags dont have higher forms but are more consistently written as powerhouses since they were villians.

jla are always written as powerhouses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.