DNS Shutdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
So Anon threatening to kill the DNS system tomorrow. If they do the only way to access sites will be by inputting a site's IP address directly. If you wish to reach KMC it is 174.133.177.59 (in the address bar).

Anyway since they don't call themselves "the government" this is obviously a good thing.

inimalist
what are their demands?

-Pr-
facepalm

inimalist
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/22/anon_disowns_dns_takedown_plan/

Symmetric Chaos
I like how Anonymous is suddenly a group with a coherent message the moment it is convenient.

Shakyamunison
Hmmmm Just a thought: If you were the government, how would you fight Anonymous? You might sabatash the internet and blame Anonymous.

laughing out loud Hey! conspiracy is fun. stick out tongue

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I like how Anonymous is suddenly a group with a coherent message the moment it is convenient.

lol, good point

Mindship
If you wish to reach KMC it is 174.133.177.59 (in the address bar).
I can rest easy now.

Stoic
I'm still trying to figure out how the Dynamic Name System will be shut down in a way that would prevent anyone from using a search engine or typing in www.whatever....? I meant is this supposed to actually happen globally? What stops a server admin from resetting? Sorry I just don't get it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hmmmm Just a thought: If you were the government, how would you fight Anonymous? You might sabatash the internet and blame Anonymous.

Well what type of government?

Like...a Chinese government?

In that case I think it would involve lots of cyber surveillance, abductions, and torturing of dental nerves.

Shakyamunison
Did it happen? I didn't notice anything...

Symmetric Chaos
Either they failed, they never intended to do it, or they chickened out.

Shakyamunison

I guess talking out their ass falls under "never intended to do it". wink

focus4chumps

false dilemma.

rumors are easy to start. congress is creaming its pants over passing internet security bills and the majority is against it. so perhaps it was all bullshit corporate/government fear-mongering as anon publically speculated?

or perhaps anon's speculation was wrong, however they had nothing to do with it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by focus4chumps
false dilemma.

Possibly but you didn't find one.

rumors are easy to start. congress is creaming its pants over passing internet security bills and the majority is against it. so perhaps it was all bullshit corporate/government fear-mongering as anon publically speculated?

a) This would fall under "never intended to do it"
b) Anonymous is anyone who says they're Anonymous, so there can never be a conspiracy to frame them.

focus4chumps
um. no.

"Either they failed, they never intended to do it, or they chickened out."

in that context, its clear that you suggested that they possibly spread the rumor, but were bluffing. another possibility, yes. however you never brought up the possibility that they simply had nothing to do with it.

you did present a false dilemma. you can either admit that or look silly in front of everyone.

shifty

NemeBro
By definition anyone who claims to be Anonymous, is Anonymous.

Robtard
This being true or not aside, if I had the magical power to have anyone on the planet be instantly anally-fist-raped-by-a-silverback-gorilla, every member of Anonymous would be towards the top of my list.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
This being true or not aside, if I had the magical power to have anyone on the planet be instantly anally-fist-raped-by-a-silverback-gorilla, every member of Anonymous would be towards the top of my list. thumb up

Shakyamunison
This being true or not aside, if I had the magical power to have anyone on the planet be instantly anally-fist-raped-by-a-silverback-gorilla, every member of Anonymous would be towards the top of my list.

I thought you were a high up mucky-muck in Anonymous. confused

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I thought you were a high up mucky-muck in Anonymous. confused

What in the world have I ever said or done that made you believe I'd support a bunch of self-important wannabe revolutionary asshats who hide behind the safety of a computer screen and a firewall?

Shakyamunison
What in the world have I ever said or done that made you believe I'd support a bunch of self-important wannabe revolutionary asshats who hide behind the safety of a computer screen and a firewall?

Well, I must have been mistaken. wink laughing

focus4chumps

quite a harsh condemnation. and how exactly have they negatively impacted your life to deserve such ill wishes?

Robtard
quite a harsh condemnation. and how exactly have they negatively impacted your life to deserve such ill wishes?

It's the message and image they project, which I don't care for.

Take any African genocidal warlord, they've likely not negatively impacted my life in any fashion, they're still a bunch of shits though.

focus4chumps
It's the message and image they project, which I don't care for.

Take any African genocidal warlord, they've likely not negatively impacted my life in any fashion, they're still a bunch of shits though.

sure they impact your life. you likely feel sorry for the men women and children being systematically butchered, etc. sympathy for victims and such. what victims has anonymous claimed?

Robtard
sure they impact your life. you likely feel sorry for the men women and children being systematically butchered, etc. sympathy for victims and such. what victims has anonymous claimed?

That's not impacting my life negatively, not really impacting it at all.

dadudemon

Why are you white-knighting for anon's hacking exploits?

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
Why are you white-knighting for anon's hacking exploits? Because neckbeards see it as the "cool" and "edgy" thing to do.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because neckbeards see it as the "cool" and "edgy" thing to do.

You yourself are a neckbeard though.

NemeBro
My neckbeard has been shaven for years you slandering cur.

inimalist
what victims has anonymous claimed?

their exploits with the Mexican cartels nearly got two of their members, and potentially their families, killed.

their haphazard stunts are essentially the type of thing that give politicians the ammunition they will need to pass ever greater restrictions on the internet. They rarely, if ever, make real lasting change via their attacks and have a history of hitting some rather soft targets (a series of hacks against an epilepsy forum have been linked with them in the past).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.