Thor vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaarphengaar
I saw the new avengers traler and iron man was fighting thor.

who would win this fight?

Impediment
Care to set up a scenario? Else I'll have to close this thread.

See the rules, please.

Placidity
In the movie, of course they are going to be "even" for awhile.

In a forum fight, I'd say Thor. Haven't really thought about it though.

Impediment
I say Thor wins. He has far more durability and Asgardian help.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Impediment
I say Thor wins. He has far more durability and Asgardian help.

Help?

Kazenji
The Warriors Three i'm guessing.

Psychotron
I thought movie Thor was kind of unimpressive. He didn't really do much with his powers, mostly just brawed. He'd probably beat Iron Man, but it wouldn't be as easy as in the comics.

Norton Hulk would probably beat him and Bana Hulk would eat him alive.

steverules_2
I believe onslaught said it best to War machine in Marvel vs Capcom, 'Tin man, that suit will be your tomb!' Something like that anyways

McNasty996
I give this to Iron Man, Thor didn't show me too much durability feats. Laser spell doom for him.

Puss In Boots
Thor' thunder can defeat Iron man.

golem370
Thor slammed his hammer on the ground and made a massive wave of the ground

the ninjak
Ironman appears to have had an upgrade in the Avengers trailer simply because he appears to be beating the crap out of Thor.

But I'll wait for a week until I see it.

Newjak
Originally posted by McNasty996
I give this to Iron Man, Thor didn't show me too much durability feats. Laser spell doom for him. Thor took a shot from Odin's Spear right to the chest.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
Thor took a shot from Odin's Spear right to the chest.

What did Odin's spear show to be capable of in the film?

BruceSkywalker
interesting thread, however i will wait and see the avengers and better judge

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
What did Odin's spear show to be capable of in the film? It destroyed Lauffey in two hits stick out tongue

Other than that nothing much really. But I'm just saying Thor took a Odin Spear laser shot to the chest. So he did take some kind of laser.

That's really the problem with Thor it's really hard to place just how powerful these people were supposed to be compared to our world.

NemeBro
Thor destroyed and crumbled thousands of tons of rock with a slam of his hammer. If an attack like that hits Tony he's doomed.

Robtard
^This mother****er needs to re-watch the film, yo.

Thor created a shock-wave that knocked loose already crumbling and falling ice and rock, as seen when the Asgardians first arrive on Jotunheimr.

NemeBro
That is irrelevant to the fact that thousands of tons of stone was displaced.

Robtard
No, it's highly relevant.

NemeBro
Only in the mind of a madman.

the ninjak
Odin's Spear didn't prove anything beyond assumptions.

Frost Giants are powerful but we don't know the extent of their power compared to lets say Hulk in film. Sure Hulk would lay waste to a Frost Giant but currently we have nothing to go off.

Movie versions of comic characters have nothing on their predecessors but Thor seems slightly closer.

What makes comic Ironman much weaker than his film counterpart is-
-No Inertial Dampeners.
-No Fields.
-No nano-tech.
Which means he is solely relying on his armors defense.

Duo Death Lasers. A duo beam blade that can cut highly durable mechs apart. A one time only attack......apparently.(there is no proof that such a beam can simply eviscerate Thor.)

Comic Thor's is-
-No teleportation ability.
-Simply a Thor with no exotic speed/strength feats and only 15 mins of film feats. He took down a Destroyer Armor though in a fashion that if replicated in comics should actually work.

To compare the two is mute right now but any comic fan will say Thor stomps. But as far as movie canon dictates Thor is slightly stronger. Ironman would not have been able to replicate the Destroyer win.

Placidity
How does Iron Man win though, Thor can block/absorb the blasts.

NemeBro
I forget, DID Thor show energy absorption in the movie with Destroyer's beam or something?

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
I forget, DID Thor show energy absorption in the movie with Destroyer's beam or something?

I only saw the movie once...but he might have with Mjolnir.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
I only saw the movie once...but he might have with Mjolnir. Same here, is why I can't recall. I know energy absorption with Mjolnir is a power in the comics, just wasn't sure if that made it to the movie.

Placidity
Looks like he only blocked it in the film.

the ninjak

I believe he did. Whilst flying down his hammer absorbed the Destroyer's disintegration beam then he fed it it straight back into it.
Causing the Destroyer to compromise certain parts of it armor and fall defeated.

Thor didn't just block the beams, as shown at time of impact you could hear and see Thor release high amounts of energy into it.

Placidity
Sorry, he was just blocking it. Deflects it multiple times:

yToCX5WpsQY

4:26

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
Sorry, he was just blocking it. Deflects it multiple times:

yToCX5WpsQY

4:26

I remember this scene, now. Here's why: at around 3:19, I remember an unintentional boob grab when he helped her up.

KingD19
That still shows Thor can block, deflect, and redirect IM's lasers and repulsors. So Iron Man will have to rely on his conventional weapons, which may not do much. Thor's also shown reflex speed in spades.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KingD19
That still shows Thor can block, deflect, and redirect IM's lasers and repulsors.

I am not sure about the super duper cutting laser thingie but definitely the repulsers.

So Iron Man will have to rely on his conventional weapons, which may not do much.

Thor has never been damaged (in the movies) while in his Thor form. We do not know his upper limit so we cannot know what will or will not damage Thor.

Thor's also shown reflex speed in spades.

Has he? I did not see that. Bring the convincing arguments (gotta use math, man...MAAATH!) and I'll be convinced.

Robtard

Thor has never been damaged (in the movies) while in his Thor form. We do not know his upper limit so we cannot know what will or will not damage Thor.

No limit fallacy, much?

KingD19
I am not sure about the super duper cutting laser thingie but definitely the repulsers.

Has he? I did not see that. Bring the convincing arguments (gotta use math, man...MAAATH!) and I'll be convinced.

What is this...math, you speak of? And I was speaking about how he was fast enough to block the Destroyer Beams even at close range. Seemed pretty fast to me.

Newjak

Thor created a shock-wave that knocked loose already crumbling and falling ice and rock, as seen when the Asgardians first arrive on Jotunheimr. Considering it was still supporting it's own weight plus the weight of an entire race of giant beings and their cities. Yes it was still very impressive to cause enough power to send out a shockwave like that.

That blast would rock Tony pretty hard imo.

NemeBro
No limit fallacy, much? Well he didn't actually make a claim and as such couldn't have committed that fallacy. He just pointed out ( correctly ) that we have no idea how high Thor's resistance to damage goes.

roughrider

Thor created a shock-wave that knocked loose already crumbling and falling ice and rock, as seen when the Asgardians first arrive on Jotunheimr.

Kenneth Branagh likened Thor's lightning strike with the hammer to a thermonuclear explosion. It clearly devastated Jotunheim's landscape and caused underground cave-ins. So he one-ups Tony in the firepower level for sure.

Watch the trailer: Tony quips about not working well with others, to a few clips of him getting in some shots of Thor. That's quite like Thor in the comics, where he believes so much in his superior might he offers someone a chance to surrender first, and takes the first few hits before he decides 'Enough!' and goes to finish things. But by the end, after Coulson remarks how all the heroes need a 'time-out', we see the three standing together, calmed down. It's all meant to tantalize and amuse us.
We'll just see in the film what leads Thor to come to Midgard, why he's attacking Captain America etc.

Robtard
Well he didn't actually make a claim and as such couldn't have committed that fallacy. He just pointed out ( correctly ) that we have no idea how high Thor's resistance to damage goes.

Incorrect.

Robtard
Originally posted by roughrider
Kenneth Branagh likened Thor's lightning strike with the hammer to a thermonuclear explosion. It clearly devastated Jotunheim's landscape and caused underground cave-ins. So he one-ups Tony in the firepower level for sure.

Watch the trailer: Tony quips about not working well with others, to a few clips of him getting in some shots of Thor. That's quite like Thor in the comics, where he believes so much in his superior might he offers someone a chance to surrender first, and takes the first few hits before he decides 'Enough!' and goes to finish things. But by the end, after Coulson remarks how all the heroes need a 'time-out', we see the three standing together, calmed down. It's all meant to tantalize and amuse us.
We'll just see in the film what leads Thor to come to Midgard, why he's attacking Captain America etc.

Director's often use hyperbole when talking about their creations, see: James Cameron. Clearly what was seen wasn't like a "thermonuclear explosion". It was a shock-wave that crumbled already crumbling rock and ice (as seen) and caused an avalanche-like affect.

Avengers isn't out, so it's irrelevant here.

Zack Fair
Thor totally stomps Iron Man. Its no contest.

Impediment
Iron Man has flight, air speed agility, and tech.

Thor has Mjolnir and his cocky attitude.

Does Mjolnir grant damage soak?

the ninjak
Well I've seen the movie and all I'm really excited to start getting into these inevitable fights.

Spoiler ALERT! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler ALERT

Thor fought Tony pretty evenly for a while. Thor's lightning even
charged Ironman up beyond 400%!!. Thor used Mjolnir to pretty much reflect every form of beam the movie could throw at him.

But Repulsor blasts did little more than shoot Thor, and Loki backwards, no real harm. And most importantly Thor's strength alone twice was shown to easily crush the armor. So Thor wins this in a handy fashion...as he should.

Zack Fair
Tony was way out of his league, but it was a cool fight none the less. Kind of silly how Thor's lightning amped Tony's armor, but I suppose they wanted to get the "Thor is uber" point across. Had Thor been bloodlusted Tony would have been dead. He doesn't even need to use MJOLNIR to block the blasts. He can just tank them all lol. Come to think of it Thor's durability and stamina is up there.

I can't wait either

playa1258
Hulk kicks both of their asses.

Impediment
Bana Hulk, yes.

Norton Hulk, no.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Kind of silly how Thor's lightning amped Tony's armor,

Same thing happened in an old comic.

Originally posted by Impediment
Bana Hulk, yes.

Norton Hulk, no.

The Avenger's Hulk is the Norton Hulk though. Same continuity.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Tony was way out of his league, but it was a cool fight none the less. Kind of silly how Thor's lightning amped Tony's armor, but I suppose they wanted to get the "Thor is uber" point across. Had Thor been bloodlusted Tony would have been dead. He doesn't even need to use MJOLNIR to block the blasts. He can just tank them all lol. Come to think of it Thor's durability and stamina is up there.

I can't wait either

Tony held his own in pure offensive attacks. I wonder what the red laser Ironman has would do to Thor or Loki?

Tony hit Loki with two Repulsor blasts in the movie and he fell shortly. Thor on film has a bad track record of dealing with Loki, but in the recent film Thor felt he could curb Loki's intent and received a beating. And when it became ultimately apparent that he couldn't sway Loki's agenda, Thor absolutely manhandled Loki.

Regardless I reckon Thor would win any encounter with Ironman. Simply due to his strength/defense levels and the fact he won this fight in film and fought the Hulk without Mjolnir. And I don't believe current Ironman would stand 30 seconds against Hulk.

Robtard
Iron Man.

the ninjak
Iron Man.

No freakin way!

BruceSkywalker
will say after i see the film

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
No freakin way!

I was commenting on who had the bigger dick.

the ninjak
I'd bet that Thor's is bigger.

NemeBro
You guys are gay.

the ninjak
Says the guy with animated ponies.

NemeBro
Only about 40-50%.

Robtard
I only bottom about 40-50% of the time.

Fixed

the ninjak
Only about 40-50%.
I don't know. That's alot of ponies.

NemeBro
Ur just jelly of all the cartoon ponies who have sex with me.

Nephthys
I know I am. I wish I got as much plot as you.

the ninjak
Ur just jelly of all the cartoon ponies who have sex with me. Originally posted by Nephthys
I know I am. I wish I got as much plot as you.

Damn furries.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.