Aquaman VS Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Aquaman VS Wolverine

No prep. No bfr. current aquaman. fight is in the forest surrounding the jean grey school.

who wins?

cdtm
Aquaman, with ease.

Batman-Prime
But... but you need at least CL 100 strength to hurt Wolverine, else he will heal instantly and it's PIS if something below CL 100 hurts him!

Odekahn
I say Wolvie, but I've gotta admit... I don't read Aquaman. The most I see of him is in Justice League.

FlyingAces
Wolverine should take this. On Krakoa, he'll have a huge home field advantage.

Starscream M
Wolverine guts fish man.

abhilegend
Aquaman.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by abhilegend
Aquaman.

thumb up

jalek moye
What are DCNU Aquaman's feats?

YFZ 350

YFZ 350
Aqaman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
Wolverine guts fish man.

Good thing Aquaman's not a fish then.

On topic, Aquaman imo.

jalek moye
Originally posted by -Pr-
Good thing Aquaman's not a fish then.

On topic, Aquaman imo.

How good is he now? I was under the impression he was more around Wolverine's level of enemy so far

Bouboumaster
Wolverine, hands down

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
How good is he now? I was under the impression he was more around Wolverine's level of enemy so far

TBH, I've seen nothing to make me think he's been downgraded at all. He's shown decent strength and durability; the only thing we haven't really seen is his telepathy at work.

If we're just using DCNU Aquaman's feats, then yeah, Wolverine could be argued to be a winner, but if we're giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with him being as powerful as he was before (which isn't unreasonable given he has the exact same writer from Brightest Day), then he wins imo.

Starscream M
TBH, I've seen nothing to make me think he's been downgraded at all. He's shown decent strength and durability; the only thing we haven't really seen is his telepathy at work.

If we're just using DCNU Aquaman's feats, then yeah, Wolverine could be argued to be a winner, but if we're giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with him being as powerful as he was before (which isn't unreasonable given he has the exact same writer from Brightest Day), then he wins imo. how exactly can aquaman beat logan?

-Pr-
how exactly can aquaman beat logan?

telepathy, beating him to a pulp, using him for stabbing practice, etc.

Logan's just lucky Aquaman doesn't have the water hand.

jalek moye
how exactly can aquaman beat logan?

Beating the crap out of him with the trident most likely. After a while Logan would stop getting up

Starscream M
Originally posted by jalek moye
Beating the crap out of him with the trident most likely. After a while Logan would stop getting up why would logan not be able to retaliate? logan is much more skilled fighter than aquaman, and he could take the trident better than aquaman can take his claws.

Starscream M
telepathy, beating him to a pulp, using him for stabbing practice, etc.
oh, didn't realize logan had his hands tied for this fight roll eyes (sarcastic)

jalek moye
why would logan not be able to retaliate? logan is much more skilled fighter than aquaman, and he could take the trident better than aquaman can take his claws.

I'm personally undecided on the fight, but you asked how. And that's most likely hoe he would win if he does.

Blight
I don't know who would win in this fight. It's definitely too early to tell on whether Current Aquaman would win.

I'm not even sure if Aquaman would win at all sans Waterhand. Good Match up.

FlyingAces
why would logan not be able to retaliate? logan is much more skilled fighter than aquaman, and he could take the trident better than aquaman can take his claws.

Good point. Plus, with this fight being on land, Wolverine would likely diminish at a much slower rate than Aquaman would being away from water. Plus, Krakoa may help Wolverine in some ways as well (not that I think he'll need it given how he has home advantage anyway).

Blight
Originally posted by FlyingAces
Good point. Plus, with this fight being on land, Wolverine would likely diminish at a much slower rate than Aquaman would being away from water. Plus, Krakoa may help Wolverine in some ways as well (not that I think he'll need it given how he has home advantage anyway). I don't think Aquamans Powers Diminish away from water. You mean Fatigue would set in? That would be a while, since he can move at multiple mach speeds without fatigue setting in even in extremely high pressured water.

FlyingAces
It's everything including sustaining injuries by being cut by Wolverine and bleeding.

comicfan11
Aquaman is actualy some sort of benchmark for endurance in DC so I find it highly unlikable that he would tire before Wolverine.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/388/nw145p06lp4.jpg

In this scan Thalia al Gul's scientists try to replicate the powers of DC's heroes mainly strength, speed and endurance. When asked how close they are the scientist responds "Don't expect Superman, Flash or Aquaman levels of strength, speed and endurance."

FlyingAces
The endurance mentioned here is more battle endurance than "training" endurance. For instance, if both we say that both characters were stabbed in the chest with a sword, which character would last the longest before succumbing to wounds and blood loss.

comicfan11
You used the word diminish and I understood you meant something akin to "tire"

FlyingAces
Yeah, sorry about that. I should've used a different term.

Parmaniac
If this goes melee, Aquaman is ****ed for sure.

cdtm
True, it would get messy in melee range.

Aquaman doesn't like polluting the ocean, and he'll get a LOT of Logan blood on his uniform.. And you think a guy that lives under water knows anything about doing laundry?

Nietzschean
Wolverine guts and filets the fish.
Aquaboy isnt on Namor's lvl from what i seen so far in DCNU.

I am sure eventually the writers will make Aquaman uber passed the original intent with some wacky high lvl TP but till then its Wolverine for the win.

srankmissingnin
Aquaman isn't beating Wolverine in anything remotely resembling melee combat.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Aquaman isn't beating Wolverine in anything remotely resembling melee combat.

He's faster than Wolverine, and a lot stronger than him. He can pull a Wonder Man and blitz him into the ground...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
He's faster than Wolverine, and a lot stronger than him. He can pull a Wonder Man and blitz him into the ground...

Aquaman is not faster than Wolverine, and the Wonder Man comment is almost too stupid to dignify with a response given the scenario laid out in the OP.

If Aquman tried to engage Wolverine in melee combat, he would be quickly and decisively beaten.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Aquaman is not faster than Wolverine. The Wonder Man comment is almost too stupid to dignify with a response given the scenario laid out in the OP.

Have you seen Aquamans speed feats? He's faster than Hulk, that's for certain, and Hulk always manages to tag him.

And the op says this:

What precludes Arther from beating him down like Wonder Man did?

It's not like you have to be as strong to stagger him.. Class 50 and above should be more than sufficient to hurt him (Or less, considering Sabertooth can hurt him with melee, as can Daredevil, Mr. X, Gorgon, Captain America...)

Parmaniac
Have you seen Aquamans speed feats? He's faster than Hulk, that's for certain, and Hulk always manages to tag him.

And the op says this:

It's not like you have to be as strong to stagger him.. Class 50 and above should be more than sufficient to hurt him (Or less, considering Sabertooth can hurt him with melee, as can Daredevil, Mr. X, Gorgon, Captain America...) Woverine's stealth in a forest.

Not saying it will work TP could screw this up.

Nietzschean

And the op says this:

It's not like you have to be as strong to stagger him.. Class 50 and above should be more than sufficient to hurt him (Or less, considering Sabertooth can hurt him with melee, as can Daredevil, Mr. X, Gorgon, Captain America...)

do u really want to use a sucker punch from behind the head for Aquaman being able to do the same to a prepared Logan? erm

in comics these sucker punches are used to ko opponents who may not be readily knocked out in an actual fight. hell, guys like daredevil have bn able to knock out 10 tonners who could shrug off his best punch and kick if they werent caught by surprise.

I guess I could argue what is to stop Wolverine from slashing and killing Aquaman when a polar bear has bn able to nearly kill aquaboy or Batman able to ko and put up a fight against him with his bear hands? smokin'

Wolverine fights Hulk completely differently than he does smaller opponents due to size difference and powers involved and even than Hulk doesnt consistently tag Wolverine when they fight.

u know spiderman has bn tagged by Hulk too, so has Cap, DD that doesnt mean Hulk is comparable to them in speed or reaction.... it happens in a fight.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Parmaniac
If this goes melee, Aquaman is ****ed for sure.

How is it not going to melee? Wolverine will beat Aquaman 10/10

FlyingAces

I think they're referring to a big distraction so that Wolverine's back is turned for a sucker punch. I think the argument is that things would've gone differently had Wolverine not been distracted. If the scenario is that Wolverine is completely distracted, then maybe Aquaman can do something similar. But if they are both ready and aware, then the WM thing won't be very likely.

I think they're using a lot more than just punches. They tend to use techniques more esoteric in nature (or at least different than a normal punch) and that always gets a good pull in comics. And even so, thru his thousands of appearances and fights, it's only a small number where he's really affected by it. So the odds are against it most of the time.

Wolverine does well with blunt force, however. Spidey, Namor, Hulk, Thing, Wendigo, Hercules, etc. are all really strong guys that Wolverine can take hits from because it's likely mostly blunt force. Aquaman's attacks will be more in line with them than the likes of someone like Gorgon or Sabes.

Can Aquaman knock Wolverine out? I'm sure he could a couple tines here and there depending on the story or the desire of a writer, but it seems unlikely given the type of attacks he presents and there number of times Wolverine has taken similar attacks and not be affected vs. the number of times he epwear knocked out.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Tony Stark
How is it not going to melee? Wolverine will beat Aquaman 10/10 TP but that's like opening Pandora's box here I don't want to go into an argument of how powerful AM TP is and how high Wolverine's resistance is.

-Pr-
oh, didn't realize logan had his hands tied for this fight roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nobody said he did, and your snippy, uninformed answers aren't helping anyone.

tkitna
TP is Aquamans only chance here.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by tkitna
TP is Aquamans only chance here.

It sucks that he won't work at all. For Aquaman.

Wolverine murder the beejeezus out of Aquaman. Aquaman will do his thing, and find out, to late, that the midget in front of him is a bloodlusted killing machine, eating gunpowder on breakfeast and washing it all with warm blood.

Aquaman find this too late. And he get his ass guted.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It sucks that he won't work at all. For Aquaman.

Wolverine murder the beejeezus out of Aquaman. Aquaman will do his thing, and find out, to late, that the midget in front of him is a bloodlusted killing machine, eating gunpowder on breakfeast and washing it all with warm blood.

Aquaman find this too late. And he get his ass guted.

...Huh?

SuperiorTech
LOL

nwg202
AM tp for the win.

without tp and bfr im going with logan. ( don't see him overcoming the healing factor especially without bfr)

Bentley
Arthur speed bltiz Wolverine, Gorgon and Sabretooth at the same time cool

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Bentley
Arthur speed bltiz Wolverine, Gorgon and Sabretooth at the same time cool

Arthur must have trained in K'un Lun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.