Lockout (2012)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Looks cliche and silly, but also might be fun...

pmAbEgayExs

Why is Guy Pearce all of a sudden becoming a big action star? He's been around for a long time.. I've always thought he was a pretty solid actor. He's good in Memento. I've seen him in a few other things, too... The Proposition and The Road, etc..

steverules_2
Actually looks kinda cool

siriuswriter
He probably got into action because the last Aussie who did it is now a big, big star.

Hattie94
This wedding themed scenario seems a bit hokey though.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Placidity
Originally posted by siriuswriter
He probably got into action because the last Aussie who did it is now a big, big star.

Who are you talking about?

Jackman, Hemsworth, Worthington?

0mega Spawn
looks good. IMO

haven't said that in long time... long long time no expression

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Placidity
Who are you talking about?

Jackman, Hemsworth, Worthington?

LOL. You see my point then.

roughrider
Certainly no points for originality.

The remake of Escape From New York with Gerard Butler gets cancelled, but instead Luc Besson gets to make this ripoff?

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I think this looks like fun. It's just the whole "save the president's daughter thing" is really lame.

Originally posted by roughrider

The remake of Escape From New York with Gerard Butler gets cancelled, but instead Luc Besson gets to make this ripoff?

Luc Besson? What are talking about Luc Besson? He didn't make this.. shit, I wish he did! Then it would rock.

roughrider
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I think this looks like fun. It's just the whole "save the president's daughter thing" is really lame.

Luc Besson? What are talking about Luc Besson? He didn't make this.. shit, I wish he did! Then it would rock.

The credits list him as a producer, don't they? That's what he mostly does now.

srankmissingnin
The credits list him as a producer, don't they? That's what he mostly does now.

He also wrote it.

Patient_Leech
The credits list him as a producer, don't they? That's what he mostly does now. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He also wrote it.

Ah, I did not look closely enough. Thanks for mentioning that. Hm.. I might actually be a bit more excited about this than I initially thought. Cool. The directors look like this is pretty much their first feature-length effort, though.

BruceSkywalker
this seems.. interesting.. might see

Patient_Leech
It's hard to believe that Luc Besson wrote some of those bad lines. That was probably the other writers.. IMDB

Esau Cairn
I'm in 2 minds whether to watch this on the big screen becos of the special fx of wait for dvd becos of the cheesiness factor....

Snake Plissken, Guy Pearce ain't.

seth9110
long long time no expressionhttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Snake Plissken, Guy Pearce ain't.

Yeah, he's nothing without the eyepatch... lol, Y'argh, matey! laughing

roughrider
It's hard to believe that Luc Besson wrote some of those bad lines. That was probably the other writers.. IMDB

You're surprised? Luc Besson has become the French equivalent of Michael Bay & Jerry Bruckheimer. Too outrageous? - Nonsense! is his attitude.

Major_Lexington
Looks like a great film, purely entertainment big grin

Patient_Leech
Um.. that doesn't seem like a fair comparison. Luc Besson's movies are good.. La Famme Nakita, The Professional, The Fifth Element, I think he wrote Unleashed (oui?).. probably others I'm not familiar with. I don't necessarily judge people for producing stuff that is subpar, as long as they didn't direct it or write it.

Patient_Leech
Not-so-great reviews are starting to pop up for this... RT

sad

Robtard
sHoCkInG

Patient_Leech
I know, not a surprise considering how it looks on the trailer. But I don't always care about reviews. Films like this can still be brainless fun. And Luc Besson's writing is at least entertaining. I'm almost always up for a fun Sci-Fi/Action yarn.

Patient_Leech
The reviews don't sound as bad as one might have expected... RT

Sweet... this gets my hopes up. laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
Anyone seen this yet? I'm gonna try to see it tonight...

jaden101
Looks cheesily bad but it's got the guy that plays Woody from This is England in it as a crazy one-eyed Scotsman so I'll probably see it just for that.

Major_Lexington
Shane Meadows movies are usually pretty good, Dead Mans Shoes was amazing.

but back on topic, I do want to see lockup just for the popcorn wink

Patient_Leech
I saw it. I like the premise and writing, and the characters are amusing. But for me the direction and shitty special effects kinda ruined it. Some of the special effects were "Ultraviolet" bad (you know, that awful movie with Milla Jovavich?). Those are the kind of special effects that make you say, "What the f#ck were they thinking??" I enjoyed it for the fun premise, but it should have been so much better. I wish Luc Besson had directed it.

erm

I would say save your money and wait for video or cheap theater (if you have one). You'll probably enjoy it more that way.

dadudemon
Originally posted by siriuswriter
LOL. You see my point then.

haha

Well played.

dadudemon
I liked Ultraviolet, a lot. I gave it an 8.

But, yes, I will see this movie. Looks like a renter.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
I liked Ultraviolet, a lot. I gave it an 8.

Dude, seriously? I mean, it's been a long time since I saw it, but I remember just about everything about it being a complete atrocity (besides Milla's ass, of course). It's up there with the worst movies I've ever seen. It has 9% on RT.

dadudemon
Dude, seriously? I mean, it's been a long time since I saw it, but I remember just about everything about it being a complete atrocity (besides Milla's ass, of course). It's up there with the worst movies I've ever seen. It has 9% on RT.

I would have given it an 80%, obviously. big grin

But, yes, I really liked the movie: the story, the special effects, the dialogue, the choreography, the enjoyability, etc. Music wasn't great. Acting was good at times and bad at others.

Patient_Leech
Well maybe I'll try giving it another chance sometime. I do like Sci-Fi a lot. I do remember it having a sort of interesting premise. I just thought everything else about it was extremely badly done.

Kazenji
Must not have been "THAT" great Ultraviolent, It did'nt even make it to the cinema in this country.

Clarissa63
I've always thought he was a pretty solid actor. He's good in Memento. I've seen him in a few other things, toohttp://www.heritems.info/avatar4.jpg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Clarissa63
I've always thought he was a pretty solid actor. He's good in Memento. I've seen him in a few other things, toohttp://www.heritems.info/avatar4.jpg

Originally stated by me. What the fvck is the deal with this??

jaden101
Seen this tonight. Went in with low expectations and it's actually not bad. cheesy funny ridiculous. As I expected Joe Gilgun from This is England steals the show. My guess is they got a lot of solid British actors such as Vincent Regan and Lenny James because they're good and cheaper than US actors with the same talent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.