Superman vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Could Superman have taken this blast and not been KO'ed?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/34373/1450744-siege_1_super.jpg

Zack Fair
Yep.

DarkOdin
Considering at that point they were all amped my the Odinpower through the Norn stones iam going to say hell no

Zack Fair
YEP.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Considering at that point they were all amped my the Odinpower through the Norn stones iam going to say hell no

It looks like nuke-level at best. Superman's taken nukes and worse numerous times and not been KOed. Why exactly would he be KOed?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Delta1938
It looks like nuke-level at best. Superman's taken nukes and worse numerous times and not been KOed. Why exactly would he be KOed? Thor also tanked nukes. He is Koed due to the fact that all of those villains were amped by the Norn Stones. Now 1 could argue who is more durable Supes or Thor but they are very close. Now Thor being a god has a higher resist to magic based attacks and he still got Koed. And Iam not even go to use the Supes is weak to magic but Thor is more resist then most

Delta1938
Thor also tanked nukes. He is Koed due to the fact that all of those villains were amped by the Norn Stones. Now 1 could argue who is more durable Supes or Thor but they are very close. Now Thor being a god has a higher resist to magic based attacks and he still got Koed. And Iam not even go to use the Supes is weak to magic but Thor is more resist then most

And what makes you think Thor is "very close" to Superman in durable?

quanchi112
And what makes you think Thor is "very close" to Superman in durable? What makes you think he isn't ?

Delta1938
Originally posted by quanchi112
What makes you think he isn't ?

The fact I've never seen Thor endure anything close to many of Superman's feats.

What makes you think otherwise, as you seem to do?

Oh and off-topic, I think I saw you respond on the Surfer/Doomsday thread, not ignoring it, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I should tonight.

carver9
Ok, I'm serious when I ask this and I'm not doubting anything because surviving a nuclear attack imo is VERY impressive (by the way, Thor was koed from that attack). Comics treats nuclear attacks different than anything else I've seen for some strange reason. It seems to affect characters more.

My question is (again, I'm not doubting it didn't happen), when has Supes tanked a nuclear explosion? Something similar to what Thor endured. I remember Supergirl being hit by a couple of Nukes when she was fighting that guy (can't remember his name) that had stars on his body but I would love to see some from Supes. Again, tanking nukes is impressive.

carver9
I want to add that I know for a fact Superman can survive it...I'm just impressed by those type of showings.

Colossus-Big C
The fact I've never seen Thor endure anything close to many of Superman's feats.

. Such as?

quanchi112

What makes you think otherwise, as you seem to do?

Oh and off-topic, I think I saw you respond on the Surfer/Doomsday thread, not ignoring it, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I should tonight. Are you kidding me ? Thor's never had his jaw broken while Superman has. Both have been torn up. Their durability is comparable but you tend to cherry pick showings and anyone can play that game.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Ok, I'm serious when I ask this and I'm not doubting anything because surviving a nuclear attack imo is VERY impressive (by the way, Thor was koed from that attack). Comics treats nuclear attacks different than anything else I've seen for some strange reason. It seems to affect characters more.

Yeah, it does seem like that. I recall seeing scans of an issue of QUASAR that tied-into INFINITY GAUNTLET where Quasar literally destroyed Thanos with force equal to I think a 100 megaton explosion. Of course, Thanos just reformed after that, but that doesn't matter.

My question is (again, I'm not doubting it didn't happen), when has Supes tanked a nuclear explosion? Something similar to what Thor endured. I remember Supergirl being hit by a couple of Nukes when she was fighting that guy (can't remember his name) that had stars on his body but I would love to see some from Supes. Again, tanking nukes is impressive.

I've found some examples, although not all of them are of him tanking them, some aren't actual nukes but were stated to be equivalent. And there's some a couple I wanted to show but couldn't find.

Here he takes what's said to be equivalent to a "baby nuke" though it's non-radioactive.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=AC660SURVIVESBABYNUKEATPOINTBLANK.jpg

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=AC660SURVIVESBABYNUKEATPOINTBLANK2.jpg

Here's another example, although I think it might be another equivalent(meaning no radiation).

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=AC649SNATCHES4BOMBSANDSURVIVESNUKE.jpg

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=AC649SNATCHES4BOMBSANDSURVIVESNUKE2.jpg

Here Superman endured enough nuclear explosives to destroy the Moon, although he was KOed(I think). It ended-up sending him through time.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=AOS478SURVIVESMOONSEXPLOSION.jpg

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=AOS478SURVIVESMOONSEXPLOSION2.jpg

Although this was an "alien bomb," you can see the results.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Invulnerability/?action=view&current=manofsteel12vsalienbomb.jpg

There's a few examples.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Such as?

Quite a few, but one that comes to mind is enduring part of an explosion equal to 50 supernovas while weakened.

Are you kidding me ? Thor's never had his jaw broken while Superman has. Both have been torn up. Their durability is comparable but you tend to cherry pick showings and anyone can play that game.

AHHHHH "cherry pick." The Go-To response when someone doesn't have much of an argument to counter feats.

Doesn't matter if Thor has or hasn't had his jaw broken, you're making a stupid argument, plain and simple. What feats make you think Thor's close to Superman in durability?

Colossus-Big C
Thats thing though, were supposed to believe superman can tank 50 supernovas but he has feats of being hurt by much less..

Delta1938
Thats thing though, were supposed to believe superman can tank 50 supernovas but he has feats of being hurt by much less..

So? I don't use Thor being hurt by bullets against him.

Colossus-Big C
But then if you believe that than you also have to believe sentry has the power of 1 MiLLION supernovas, regardless of other showings. Since you believe Superman can can tank 50 novas regarless of other showings.

Delta1938
But then if you believe that than you also have to believe sentry has the power of 1 MiLLION supernovas, regardless of other showings. Since you believe Superman can can tank 50 novas regarless of other showings.

Not really. I saw the whole "power of a million exploding suns" thing debated, and when someone brought-up a scan, it showed that it was drawn from, not that he literally had that power.

Hattie94
And Iam not even go to use the Supes is weak to magic but Thor is more resist then most.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

carver9

My bad, I meant to say, Thor wasn't koed from the attack and Delta, thanks for the scans, about to read your post now.

Delta1938
Now Thor being a god has a higher resist to magic based attacks and he still got Koed. And Iam not even go to use the Supes is weak to magic but Thor is more resist then most

Originally posted by Hattie94
And Iam not even go to use the Supes is weak to magic but Thor is more resist then most.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

hm DarkOdin alt, maybe?

But anyways, Wonder Woman's more resistant to magick than Superman, too. Didn't stop him from taking mystical attacks better than her on at least two occasions(well, one he looks better than her after taking context into account).

Igniz
And what makes you think Thor is "very close" to Superman in durable?

Thor withstood the Gem Of Infinite Suns.As for the topic, I can imagine Superman getting KO'ed by that attack.Those Norn Stones just provides ridiculous ampage.Hence why Thor got KO'ed.

Delta1938
My bad, I meant to say, Thor wasn't koed from the attack and Delta, thanks for the scans, about to read your post now.

You're welcome. And are you ever going to tell me why you asked why I hadn't been banned yet or whatever the wording was?

Delta1938
Originally posted by Igniz
Thor withstood the Gem Of Infinite Suns.

That was an extremely detailed reason.

carver9
You're welcome. And are you ever going to tell me why you asked why I hadn't been banned yet or whatever the wording was?

I just woke up and I was talking crazy. I think I fussed at a good buddy of mine on here after I said that to you. People usually brush it off when I act like that, I usually apologize when I go back and reread my posts. My bad buddy.

Delta1938
I just woke up and I was talking crazy. I think I fussed at a good buddy of mine on here after I said that to you. People usually brush it off when I act like that, I usually apologize when I go back and reread my posts. My bad buddy.

confused

You go from ignoring me to calling me buddy? Did I walk through a dimensional portal on my way back to the computer?

quanchi112

AHHHHH "cherry pick." The Go-To response when someone doesn't have much of an argument to counter feats.

Doesn't matter if Thor has or hasn't had his jaw broken, you're making a stupid argument, plain and simple. What feats make you think Thor's close to Superman in durability? You cherry picked examples. You use some bs feats and ignore the rest. Their durability is very comparable.

Thor has survived attacks from Galactus, Mangog, Odin, and Celestials. If you want to go high end only you won't like how this plays out. I get a kick out of fanatical Superman fans though.

carver9
Thor has some of the best durability fts out of everyone in his tier imo.

quanchi112
Thor has some of the best durability fts out of everyone in his tier imo. Delta seems rather focused on the word nuke. It's just nukes and tear gas for some people.

carver9
Delta seems rather focused on the word nuke. It's just nukes and tear gas for some people.

laughing out loud I want to see how this durability debate turns out. Keep it going.

Igniz

confused

You go from ignoring me to calling me buddy? Did I walk through a dimensional portal on my way back to the computer?

laughing out loud laughing out loud I think the proper response would be.

"Who are you and what have you done with carver9's account?"

big grin No offense ment to carver9 by the way.

Delta1938
You cherry picked examples. You use some bs feats and ignore the rest. Their durability is very comparable.

Thor has survived attacks from Galactus, Mangog, Odin, and Celestials. If you want to go high end only you won't like how this plays out. I get a kick out of fanatical Superman fans though.

That's nice. Superman has a longer, more impressive list. Still saying I "cherry pick" examples. heh Funny, Quan.

Delta seems rather focused on the word nuke. It's just nukes and tear gas for some people.

Now what exactly are you trying to say here?

quanchi112
That's nice. Superman has a longer, more impressive list. Still saying I "cherry pick" examples. heh Funny, Quan.

Now what exactly are you trying to say here? No, he doesn't. These two are pretty comparable when it comes to durability. I'd say superman is slightly more durable but you are acting like they aren't even on the same page.

That a "nuke" or "tear gas" is a plot device outside of specific powersets involved in these matchups. Just because a Tony Stark satellite takes out Worldbreaker Hulk that doesn't mean Gladiator can take him out. It isn't comparable. Apples to oranges, sport.

Delta1938
No, he doesn't. These two are pretty comparable when it comes to durability. I'd say superman is slightly more durable but you are acting like they aren't even on the same page.

Yes, he does have a longer and more impressive list.

That a "nuke" or "tear gas" is a plot device outside of specific powersets involved in these matchups. Just because a Tony Stark satellite takes out Worldbreaker Hulk that doesn't mean Gladiator can take him out. It isn't comparable. Apples to oranges, sport.

I can see the argument for nukes, but since when was tear gas a plot device?

quanchi112
Yes, he does have a longer and more impressive list.

I can see the argument for nukes, but since when was tear gas a plot device? No, he doesn't. You can post nuke tanking that doesn't impress me. Celestials, Odin, Galactus--this is impressive,

All weapons outside normal tech usually falls under the plot device type of argument.

JakeTheBank
Thor and Superman have comparable durability and damage soak feats.

How or why that's being debated is beyond me.

Placidity
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

How or why that's being debated is beyond me.

Superman's durability is proven and well-known, Thor's are relatively less so. It's no surprise if people want verification on that IMO (respect thread always a good start though).

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Placidity
Superman's durability is proven and well-known, Thor's are relatively less so. It's no surprise if people want verification on that IMO (respect thread always a good start though).

Ignorance of feats or knowledge of a character is not really an excuse when a respect thread is readily available.

For the record, yeah, I'd argue that Superman is generally portrayed as being more "invincible" than Thor is, but really, you'd have to have a glaring lack of knowledge on both characters if you don't think they're even comparable to begin with.

dmills

How or why that's being debated is beyond me. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Ignorance of feats or knowledge of a character is not really an excuse when a respect thread is readily available.

For the record, yeah, I'd argue that Superman is generally portrayed as being more "invincible" than Thor is, but really, you'd have to have a glaring lack of knowledge on both characters if you don't think they're even comparable to begin with.

I dunno brother, you have some peeps around here claiming that Thor is more comparable to Wonder Woman in strength than to Superman eek!

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
I dunno brother, you have some peeps around here claiming that Thor is more comparable to Wonder Woman in strength than to Superman eek!

Lol...exactly and that's sad.

keiththegreat
Does anyone have a scan stating that the ufoes were AMPED by norm stones when they blasted Thor?

deathlife
Big Superman fan here but Thor's durability is insane.

Dude has tanked blasts from high end beings like The Celestials (doesn't really get much higher than that) and survived that Cobalt bomb thing (if its still in continuity). Even that blast in Siege didn't KO him, he was still saying something "you dare" before the Iron Patriot laid the smack down on him.

When we are talking of low end feats, Thor has them plenty but his high end durability feats are on par with Superman.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Placidity

confused

Placidity's half hour comedy hour staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts....... NOW! Please remember to tip your waiters and waitresses.

carver9
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Placidity's half hour comedy hour staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts....... NOW! Please remember to tip your waiters and waitresses.

Lol.

Delta1938
No, he doesn't. You can post nuke tanking that doesn't impress me. Celestials, Odin, Galactus--this is impressive,

All weapons outside normal tech usually falls under the plot device type of argument.

And Superman has Blaze, Shazam, Rift, Gog, Starbreaker, Imperiex Prime and more. Like I said, longer and more impressive list.

Or, one has gotten to a point where they feel respect threads aren't reliable. Since people have tended to embellish, leave-out context or misinterpret what happened.

Originally posted by deathlife
--survived that Cobalt bomb thing (if its still in continuity).

Actually, a cobalt bomb is just a hypothetical modified nuclear bomb. It being a "Doomsday Weapon" has to do with it basically poisoning the atmosphere, and it's only theoretical, not proven. Others dispute it'd work due to variables.

quanchi112
And Superman has Blaze, Shazam, Rift, Gog, Starbreaker, Imperiex Prime and more. Like I said, longer and more impressive list. Mephisto, Celestials, Galactus, and Odin are far more impressive than your list. Are you including a sundipped Superman as well to your list ?

Delta1938
Mephisto, Celestials, Galactus, and Odin are far more impressive than your list.

So adding one more name somehow makes it "far more impressive?"

Are you including a sundipped Superman as well to your list ?

confused No. Why would you ask?

JakeTheBank
Or, one has gotten to a point where they feel respect threads aren't reliable. Since people have tended to embellish, leave-out context or misinterpret what happened.

What feats are you taking about and what people?

Or do you mean in the general sense?

Even so, passing knowledge of Thor should tell you that they're comparable. That's just common sense. Or it should be.

JakeTheBank

Odin is far more impressive than the likes of Blaze and Shazam to begin with.

Plus there's Ymir, Surtur, the Dark Gods, Glory, Zeus, Thanos, the Destroyer Armor, etc. if you're looking for more opposition.

Starscream M

Even so, passing knowledge of Thor should tell you that they're comparable. That's just common sense. Or it should be. that's rubbish. common sense tells me that superman's durability is clearly better than thor's...esp in regards to piercing durability, thor gets cut and pierced far far easier than superman. superman's ability to take blunt force also surpasses thor by a margin in my estimation.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's rubbish. common sense tells me that superman's durability is clearly better than thor's...esp in regards to piercing durability, thor gets cut and pierced far far easier than superman. superman's ability to take blunt force also surpasses thor by a margin in my estimation.

And then you compare energy projection durability, stamina and endurance, blunt force trauma, and the likes of opponents they've faced and endured and realize that you're full of crap per usual.

Piercing durability doesn't really mean jack shit in a fight between Thor or Superman unless Superman goes OOC and tries to shiv Thor with something like Promethium.

Starscream M
And then you compare energy projection durability, stamina and endurance, blunt force trauma, and the likes of opponents they've faced and endured and realize that you're full of crap per usual.
superman often stands his ground and at his full strength, he can literally take punches from CL100 opponents (ie doomsday) and hold his ground

that is something i've never seen thor do.

stamina and endurance....now you're just changing the subject.

JakeTheBank
superman often stands his ground and at his full strength, he can literally take punches from CL100 opponents (ie doomsday) and hold his ground

that is something i've never seen thor do.

stamina and endurance....now you're just changing the subject.

Hulk. Hercules.

Well, now that I've obliterated your argument, now what?

quanchi112

confused No. Why would you ask? You used Blaze like that's impressive. 4th host of the Celestials are more impressive than anyone on your list. What instance are you referring to when Imperiex Prime hit Superman.Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Even so, passing knowledge of Thor should tell you that they're comparable. That's just common sense. Or it should be. I thought this was common sense but then delta washed up on the shores of kmc in a cloud of tear gas.

Starscream M
Hulk. Hercules.

Well, now that I've obliterated your argument, now what? my whole point was that it wasn't common sense that they're comparable...that a cursory view would show superman to be more durable as he usually seems to be depicted more with the invincibility aura than thor is.

and you're telling me thor just stood there and took a full punch from hulk or herc without moving?

JakeTheBank
my whole point was that it wasn't common sense that they're comparable...that a cursory view would show superman to be more durable as he usually seems to be depicted more with the invincibility aura than thor is.

and you're telling me thor just stood there and took a full punch from hulk or herc without moving?

So, your argument is that it's not common sense that they're comparable unless you actually look for the evidence on Thor's side...but even when you do, they're still not comparable? Or is your point something else?

I'm telling you Superman wouldn't take a full punch from Hulk or Hercules without moving. You stated "hold their ground". Thor can and has held his ground with Class 100s and above.

Starscream M
So, your argument is that it's not common sense that they're comparable unless you actually look for the evidence on Thor's side...but even when you do, they're still not comparable? Or is your point something else?

I'm telling you Superman wouldn't take a full punch from Hulk or Hercules without moving. You stated "hold their ground". Thor can and has held his ground with Class 100s and above. I believe they aren't comparable even when you dig deeper, but that someone who only has cursory knowledge would likely think superman is more durable.

and I meant superman can literally not move and take a full punch from hulk if he braces himself, which I do not imagine thor can do.

abhilegend
Superman is more durable than thor. Source wall exploding, 52 supernovas, double black holes, sandwiched between two planets at least thousands of times bigger than earth, surviving a sun eater exploding, taking force of the explosion of krypton point blank, thrown in a red sun etc.

quanchi112

and I meant superman can literally not move and take a full punch from hulk if he braces himself, which I do not imagine thor can do. Based off of Superman tanking punches from who ?

JakeTheBank
I believe they aren't comparable even when you dig deeper, but that someone who only has cursory knowledge would likely think superman is more durable.

and I meant superman can literally not move and take a full punch from hulk if he braces himself, which I do not imagine thor can do.

Well, they are comparable with Superman being more "invincible" than Thor, but Thor's damage soak and ability to keep ticking evening things up. And then you look at the cosmic beings and such they've battled and you realize that the idea that Superman being so much more durable than Thor isn't true.

Depends on the Hulk (and Superman in question, I guess). If you think that pre-Flashpoint/New Earth Superman can replicate what Pre-Crisis Superman did against Hulk, you'd be sadly mistaken.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman is more durable than thor. Source wall exploding, 52 supernovas, double black holes, sandwiched between two planets at least thousands of times bigger than earth, thrown in a red sun etc. Is it close iyo ?

abhilegend
Is it close iyo ?
Well I think that thor and diana are almost same in blunt force durability.

Delta1938

Even so, passing knowledge of Thor should tell you that they're comparable. That's just common sense. Or it should be.

In general. Respect Threads are fun to look at and all, but I have seen feats fall under one or more, sometimes all, of those categories. I'm not saying they're worthless, but now I mostly go to them when I'm bored as opposed to going to them to gather evidence.

And I have a passing knowledge of Thor. What I've seen isn't comparable to Superman's best.

Odin is far more impressive than the likes of Blaze and Shazam to begin with.

Plus there's Ymir, Surtur, the Dark Gods, Glory, Zeus, Thanos, the Destroyer Armor, etc. if you're looking for more opposition.

Specifically on Zeus, wouldn't that not be a great example of Thor's durability? If lightning refreshes Thor, wouldn't half of Zeus' attacks in that fight just rejuvenate him?

And I could always bring-up Emperor Joker.

You used Blaze like that's impressive.

Blaze isn't powerful? roll eyes (sarcastic) And where did I say she was the most powerful? But she is an impressive example.

4th host of the Celestials are more impressive than anyone on your list.

More impressive than someone who wields the power of the Big Bang and consumes entire galaxies?

What instance are you referring to when Imperiex Prime hit Superman.

One: That wasn't a question, it was a statement. There was no question mark. Two: I was referring to when Superman was blasted by Imperiex Prime after Imperiex killed Doomsday. Superman wasn't Sun-Dipped until after Brainiac came in with Warworld and absorbed Imperiex Prime's energy.

I thought this was common sense but then delta washed up on the shores of kmc in a cloud of tear gas.

Yeah, so says the guy who thought Superman was Sun-Dipped in my example.

Delta1938
Depends on the Hulk (and Superman in question, I guess). If you think that pre-Flashpoint/New Earth Superman can replicate what Pre-Crisis Superman did against Hulk, you'd be sadly mistaken.

If you're talking about getting pounded on like PC Superman let Hulk do, then I'd agree. But Starscream said "a full punch." Considering some of the examples Superman's pulled-off against top-tier and above top-tier bricks, I don't think it's unreasonable to take a single full-on punch and not move, depending on the Hulk.

quanchi112

Blaze isn't powerful? roll eyes (sarcastic) And where did I say she was the most powerful? But she is an impressive example. Not as impressive as Mephisto so I countered your Blaze reference.

Imperiex didn't use the big bang while Galactus wields the un. That's about as relevant as wielding the big bang. Odin can destroy entire galaxies and affect the entire multiverse. Anything you can do Thor can do better.

After he blasted him he flew through the sun. The sun powers him up. Next.

I wanted you to be clear but you still used an example where his body was healed by flying through the sun directly after the blast.

Delta1938
Not as impressive as Mephisto so I countered your Blaze reference.

Your list was still inferior as a whole.

Imperiex didn't use the big bang while Galactus wields the un. That's about as relevant as wielding the big bang. Odin can destroy entire galaxies and affect the entire multiverse. Anything you can do Thor can do better.

So another example of you being a hypocrite? Why does it matter that Odin can destroy entire galaxies and effect the multiverse unless he was using those attacks against Thor? I mean you bring-up that Imperiex Prime didn't use his full power of the Big Bang against Superman. How about Emperor Joker? He was able to reform the entire universe to his liking.

After he blasted him he flew through the sun. The sun powers him up. Next.

I wanted you to be clear but you still used an example where his body was healed by flying through the sun directly after the blast.

Don't have a digital copy of OWAW and my friend's got my TPBs so I can't check to verify. But even if you're correct, so what? That would just mean Superman would be refreshed after taking the attack. He was hit by what looked like the same attack that killed Doomsday without a Sun-Dip.

quanchi112
Your list was still inferior as a whole.
By feats and standing my list trumps your list by far.

Odin was in the same arc when he attacked Thor. Imperiex Prime shot him through his own power source yet you dismiss that. Was EJ actively trying to best Superman in combat ?

The yellow sun powers him up and you say so what. Are you serious ? It clearly replenishes his power and amps him. Superman got his power back from going right through the sun. So we will just throw that example out.

-Pr-
I think we should take away Quan's right to wear a Superman sig... mmm

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think we should take away Quan's right to wear a Superman sig... mmm You will never see me sporting a ne Superman sig unless he's being hit in it by someone else.

-Pr-
You will never see me sporting a ne Superman sig unless he's being hit in it by someone else.

Sure.

Also, Superman wasn't shot through any sun.

Delta1938
By feats and standing my list trumps your list by far.

Not really. You could say Jake's beats my original list, but not the few you gave.

Odin was in the same arc when he attacked Thor.

So did Odin go all-out with his Galaxy-Busting attacks on Thor? Yes, or no?

Imperiex Prime shot him through his own power source yet you dismiss that. Was EJ actively trying to best Superman in combat ?

The yellow sun powers him up and you say so what. Are you serious ? It clearly replenishes his power and amps him. Superman got his power back from going right through the sun. So we will just throw that example out.

Assuming you're correct, Superman went through AFTER he had already been attacked. But I don't even recall that happening the way you're describing it. I'll try to get a hold of the issues tonight so I can verify if you're BSing or got it wrong or whatever. But it's still a poor argument as Superman was in the same spot for a similar amount of time as Doomsday was.

As for Emperor Joker, what do you mean? He was fighting Superman, pretty clear he was trying to hurt Superman, especially when he got mad that Superman actually hurt him. Of course, if you're trying to argue that Emperor Joker was going all-out, that would verify my point that you're a hypocrite. Them not using their full power only counts for Superman, but it doesn't against Thor?

Here, I'll be your little cheerleader, Quan.

Give me an "H!" "H!" You got your "H" you got your "H.' Gimme a "Y," "Y!!" You got your "Y" you got your "Y." Gimme a "P, O, C, R, I T E!!" What's that spell? HYPOCRITE!!! YAAAAAY!! GoooooOOOOOOOO QUANCHI!!! YAY!!!

quanchi112
Not really. You could say Jake's beats my original list, but not the few you gave. Celestials, Galactus, Odin. That beats your list.

Galaxies weren't destroyed but just because Prime fights Yat and the cemetery survives that their attacks were weak sauce. Thor didn't fly into a healing pool either.

I could post the scans but go ahead and look it up yourself.
Joker usually toys with his opponents that's whY I said so. What issue as I am not familiar with EJoker ?
I can picture you with pom poms and a skirt doing this. sick The interview you cited him in he didn't give a clear answer. He didn't say that definitely did not happen. Bendis said maybe and maybe not.

We go by on panel since his answer was vague.

-Pr-
Quan, don't say you go by what's on panel when you misrepresent Superman scans yourself.

JakeTheBank
Everyone should just join my BZ Tournament and go from there.

quanchi112
Quan, don't say you go by what's on panel when you misrepresent Superman scans yourself. Which scans did I misrepresent ?

-Pr-
Which scans did I misrepresent ?

Saying he was shot through a sun when he wasn't.

quanchi112
Saying he was shot through a sun when he wasn't. Sigh. Give me a moment to post the scans.

-Pr-
Sigh. Give me a moment to post the scans.

I know what scan you're talking about, and you're wrong.

quanchi112
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_sun1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_sun1b.jpg

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Does anyone have a scan stating that the ufoes were AMPED by norm stones when they blasted Thor?

I remember the Avengers were amped by them when fighting the Void.

quanchi112
I know what scan you're talking about, and you're wrong. So what I am wrong about ? Are you saying that isn't a sun ?

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman is more durable than thor. Source wall exploding, 52 supernovas, double black holes, sandwiched between two planets at least thousands of times bigger than earth, surviving a sun eater exploding, taking force of the explosion of krypton point blank, thrown in a red sun etc.

-Pr-
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_sun1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_sun1b.jpg

Yes, that's a boom tube. Notice how it's drawn differently than the sun?

Then there's the fact that Darkseid says he brought him to Apokolips, which wouldn't have happened if Superman had simply been shot through a sun.

quanchi112

Then there's the fact that Darkseid says he brought him to Apokolips, which wouldn't have happened if Superman had simply been shot through a sun. It looks like a boom tube opens up in the second panel after he flies into the sun. he is burning on the next page I didn't scan as of yet.

-Pr-
It looks like a boom tube opens up in the second panel after he flies into the sun. he is burning on the next page I didn't scan as of yet.

he didn't fly in to any sun, nor is that shown.

superman doesn't get set on fire by our sun. he can sit on his flame-retardant couch drinking a flame-retardent beer while watching some flame-retardent tv, and he won't burn.

In the scans you're posting, he's burning because of being hit by Imperiex's blast.

Delta1938
Celestials, Galactus, Odin. That beats your list.

Not really, as I included someone who wields the power of the Big Bang and consumes entire galaxies, and someone who could alter history as well as physically merge two separate dimensional Earths together.

Galaxies weren't destroyed but just because Prime fights Yat and the cemetery survives that their attacks were weak sauce.

And I agree. But you're using Imperiex Prime not using his full power saying my example wasn't impressive, yet are pointing-out Odin has busted galaxies. Hypocritical much?

Thor didn't fly into a healing pool either.

Pr's already covered this. I didn't feel what you were claiming was right, but wasn't 100% sure due to it's been a while since I've seen it and couldn't check to confirm myself.

Joker usually toys with his opponents that's whY I said so. What issue as I am not familiar with EJoker ?

Oh, so this is just a variation on the double standard you've got? Anyways here's the fight.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Emperor%20Joker/

First scan actually takes place after the fight, I think I included it to show just how powerful Emperor Joker was and what he did to the universe.

I can picture you with pom poms and a skirt doing this.

You're picturing me in a skirt with pom poms? eek! mad You're sick, Quan. You need some serious help. And you've never seen me. Or have you? You're stalking me? You need more help than I thought.

The interview you cited him in he didn't give a clear answer. He didn't say that definitely did not happen. Bendis said maybe and maybe not.

We go by on panel since his answer was vague.

So, you're sticking to that double standard, huh? Let's do something JEOPARDY!-style. ANSWER: A hypocritical poster who's debate style is to change the rules on the fly to suit his argument. QUESTION: Who is Quanchi112?

biensalsa

Then there's the fact that Darkseid says he brought him to Apokolips, which wouldn't have happened if Superman had simply been shot through a sun.

The only way you know is a boom tube is because one has to have read the issue, as you usually wont find that in a respect thread.

Someone has not read that issue.

Delta1938
Originally posted by biensalsa
and the only way you know is a boom tube is because one has have to read the issue as you usually wont find tgat in a respect thread.

Someone has not read that issue.

He could also take a closer look at the scan.

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/?action=view&current=sun1b.jpg

To me, it looks awfully close to Earth to be the Sun. Then there's also the fact that it looks tunnel-like in the second panel, and it'd be just a little odd for the Sun to be normal in the first panel, then has those odd rays in the second.

So, Quanchi has scans on his account to dismiss arguments when he's completely wrong about what the scans actually show in the first place.

Juntai
Check out all those rocks circling and emerging from the sun too.
>.>

biensalsa
I think this is like expunging bacteria too.

Diesldude
I know what scan you're talking about, and you're wrong.

thumb up

PR should get props for this. Batted Quan down like a fly..

Delta1938
Originally posted by biensalsa
I think this is like expunging bacteria too.

So Superman survived a Bacteria Expunging blast because the Sun revitalized his bacteria?

quanchi112
he didn't fly in to any sun, nor is that shown.

superman doesn't get set on fire by our sun. he can sit on his flame-retardant couch drinking a flame-retardent beer while watching some flame-retardent tv, and he won't burn.

In the scans you're posting, he's burning because of being hit by Imperiex's blast. I see it differently. I see the sun, then a boomtube open. I don't see Doomsday burn from the attack either. Why would Superman burn when Doomsday didn't ? Originally posted by biensalsa
The only way you know is a boom tube is because one has to have read the issue, as you usually wont find that in a respect thread.

Someone has not read that issue. I read the issue years ago. Originally posted by Diesldude
thumb up

PR should get props for this. Batted Quan down like a fly.. So when I log out without responding that's batting me down ? Surely you jest.

quanchi112
Not really, as I included someone who wields the power of the Big Bang and consumes entire galaxies, and someone who could alter history as well as physically merge two separate dimensional Earths together.
Galactus has used the un to remake the universe with the press of a button. That exceeds Imperiex's best with minimal effort involved. In terms of combat the Celestials would also beat Imperiex Prime.

Thor took on the same corrupted Odin right after. Imperiex didn't set up the big bang in combat against anyone. Obviously isn't that easy for him to do so.

Pr's already covered this. I didn't feel what you were claiming was right, but wasn't 100% sure due to it's been a while since I've seen it and couldn't check to confirm myself. I still disagree.

I'd like the issue numbers to confirm this for myself.

You did a cheer like a teenager. If you wouldn't put these disturbing images into my mind I wouldn't have to think about them.

Does anyone consider your attempts at stand up to be funny ? Serious answer, please.

Delta1938
I see it differently. I see the sun, then a boomtube open. I don't see Doomsday burn from the attack either. Why would Superman burn when Doomsday didn't ?

You see a lot of things differently. The wrong way.

-Pr-
I see it differently. I see the sun, then a boomtube open. I don't see Doomsday burn from the attack either. Why would Superman burn when Doomsday didn't ?

Because Superman wasn't reduced to almost nothing, and was still alive.

You can see it however you like, but there's nothing in the comic to suggest Superman was in any sun.

quanchi112
You see a lot of things differently. The wrong way. Well how does it make sense if it's the same attack that Superman burns but Doomsday doesn't burn.

-Pr-
Well how does it make sense if it's the same attack that Superman burns but Doomsday doesn't burn.

You're reaching. Come on.

quanchi112
You're reaching. Come on. I'm not reaching though it's a good question.

-Pr-
I'm not reaching though it's a good question.

Not really. If Superman was burning because of the sun, it would be hurting him, which basically pisses all over your assertion that he was somehow boosted by his own power source. You're breaking your own logic in your desperate attempt to make Superman look bad.

erm

Superman doesn't burn in the sun, ergo, the sun isn't what set him on fire.

What point are you actually trying to make here?

Existere
Well how does it make sense if it's the same attack that Superman burns but Doomsday doesn't burn. Because Superman's made of different stuff than Doomsday and burns under different conditions.

It's not a lot to base your sun-theory on.

Delta1938
Galactus has used the un to remake the universe with the press of a button. That exceeds Imperiex's best with minimal effort involved. In terms of combat the Celestials would also beat Imperiex Prime.

Oh so Galactus using an artifact instead of his own natural power makes him more powerful? Gotcha, another Quan. Oh by the way, you've proven you have no problem with being a hypocrite so often I'm just calling it a "Quan."

Thor took on the same corrupted Odin right after. Imperiex didn't set up the big bang in combat against anyone. Obviously isn't that easy for him to do so.

So, in other words, you've got nothing but confirmation you're using a double standard? Second Quan you pulled in a row.

Pr's already covered this. I didn't feel what you were claiming was right, but wasn't 100% sure due to it's been a while since I've seen it and couldn't check to confirm myself. I still disagree.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't mean you're right.

I'd like the issue numbers to confirm this for myself.

The issue number's in the link..... ACTION COMICS #770 since you appear to need everything spelled-out for you.

You did a cheer like a teenager. If you wouldn't put these disturbing images into my mind I wouldn't have to think about them.

Actually, I did not. Cheering you would mean I was actually encouraging you. What I was doing was mocking you about your double standards,not encouraging you. And I put no disturbing image in your mind. YOU are the one who thought of me with the skirt and pom poms. But hey, if you swing that way, well I'm not going to say there's nothing wrong with that, because I completely disagree. But your choice, just keep me out of your fantasies, please.

Does anyone consider your attempts at stand up to be funny ? Serious answer, please.

Some people have certainly laughed at the jokes I've made. If you don't like mine, either you've got a different sense of humor, or you don't like it because it's humorously emphasizing that you're a hypocrite. Which you are.

Delta1938
Well how does it make sense if it's the same attack that Superman burns but Doomsday doesn't burn.

How does it make sense that Doomsday would be hurt, let alone reduced to merely a skeleton, by his bacteria being expunged? You already said you don't think Doomsday is powered by bacteria, so don't go trying to say that.

-Pr-
Wait, what?

Doomsday's bacteria?

Juntai
Not really. If Superman was burning because of the sun, it would be hurting him, which basically pisses all over your assertion that he was somehow boosted by his own power source. You're breaking your own logic in your desperate attempt to make Superman look bad.

erm The real question is, does any of this flip-flopping surprise you?

Delta1938
Wait, what?

Doomsday's bacteria?

On the CSI-less Surfer VS H/P Doomsday thread, Quanchi said that Imperiex Prime killed Doomsday with a very specific attack. Expunging Doomsday's bacteria. When it was pointed-out that Imperiex was speaking metaphorically, that he saw Doomsday as bacteria, he said he was taking it literally, and stood his ground never admitting he was wrong.

Galan007
The f*ck..?

Imperiex didn't call Supes/Doomsday "bacteria" because they are made of bacteria (lulz.) He was referring to them as such because of how insignificant they were in comparison to him... Kind of like when Monitors refer to 3rd dimensional beings as "germs".

Christ, guys. durfslap

-Pr-
Originally posted by Juntai
The real question is, does any of this flip-flopping surprise you?

It's Quan; I'm never surprised.

On the CSI-less Surfer VS H/P Doomsday thread, Quanchi said that Imperiex Prime killed Doomsday with a very specific attack. Expunging Doomsday's bacteria. When it was pointed-out that Imperiex was speaking metaphorically, that he saw Doomsday as bacteria, he said he was taking it literally, and stood his ground never admitting he was wrong.

...GTFO.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
The f*ck..?

Imperiex didn't call Supes/Doomsday "bacteria" because they are made of bacteria (lulz.) He was referring to them as such because of how insignificant they were in comparison to him... Kind of like when Monitors refer to 3rd dimensional beings as "germs".

Christ, guys. durfslap thumb up

Juntai
On the CSI-less Surfer VS H/P Doomsday thread, Quanchi said that Imperiex Prime killed Doomsday with a very specific attack. Expunging Doomsday's bacteria. When it was pointed-out that Imperiex was speaking metaphorically, that he saw Doomsday as bacteria, he said he was taking it literally, and stood his ground never admitting he was wrong. laughing

dmills

erm

What point are you actually trying to make here?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/dx_03.gif

Blight
So any time Magneto calls Humans Worms.... we are to believe he is a madman that is literally hallucinating the thought of all people being worms to him?? Or are we to actually believe him and think that all people that aren't mutants in the Marvel Universe are worms?

Juntai
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/dx_03.gif Nice gif. lol. Cracks me up even looking at it.

Mindship
It looks like nuke-level at best. And small battlefield nuke at that. That reporter doesn't even seem more than a mile or so away. The explosion looks almost like something where Superman would say, "I almost felt that."

I think even a MOAB would make a bigger cloud.

I didn't read this comic. But if the bad guys are oh-so powerful, I'd wanna see a Tsar-bomb class mushroom, at least.

dmills
Nice gif. lol. Cracks me up even looking at it.

LOL. Yeah man I've been looking for a gif of this for what seems like forever, and what happens? I end up finding it through random phucking chance the other day.

Juntai
I think he's trying to set the record for how many times he can be proven wrong in a thread, or a day.

Delta1938
Out of curiosity, has Quanchi EVER admitted when he was blatantly wrong to the point he should be embarrassed like "bacteria expunged?" Or, admitting he was wrong, ever?

dmills
Originally posted by Mindship
And small battlefield nuke at that. That reporter doesn't even seem more than a mile or so away. The explosion looks almost like something where Superman would say, "I almost felt that."

I didn't read this comic. But if the bad guys are oh-so powerful, I'd wanna see a Tsar-bomb class mushroom, at least.

Personally I like when nuke level blasts rock heralds. I see a dude surviving a supernova or some such unaided by shields or something and my head hurts too much to ever continue reading it.

Blight
Out of curiosity, has Quanchi EVER admitted when he was blatantly wrong to the point he should be embarrassed like "bacteria expunged?" Or, admitting he was wrong, ever?

But he's never wrong. ermm

Delta1938
Originally posted by Blight
But he's never wrong. ermm

Ah, I guess I shouldn't have asked a question about an impossibility, huh?

Juntai
Out of curiosity, has Quanchi EVER admitted when he was blatantly wrong to the point he should be embarrassed like "bacteria expunged?" Or, admitting he was wrong, ever? No, but what's worse, is that he'll take what he learned to a different thread and use the other angle entirely to support against a different character, and somehow both are correct and he was never wrong in his delusional world. That's his history since he came to KMC in a nutshell.

Blight
No, but what's worse, is that he'll take what he learned to a different thread and use the other angle entirely to support against a different character, and somehow both are correct and he was never wrong in his delusional world. That's his history since he came to KMC in a nutshell.

And this is why I drew him as such:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/The_Olympian/KMCniverse/DSC01966.jpg

Mindship
Personally I like when nuke level blasts rock heralds. I see a dude surviving a supernova or some such unaided by shields or something and my head hurts too much to ever continue reading it. Ditto.

Delta1938
No, but what's worse, is that he'll take what he learned to a different thread and use the other angle entirely to support against a different character, and somehow both are correct and he was never wrong in his delusional world. That's his history since he came to KMC in a nutshell.

Why doesn't this surprise me? I'm actually shocked that I'm NOT surprised than the actual revelation of Quanchi you gave me.

JayDaDon
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/dx_03.gif

These WWE gifs are crack me up badly.

carver9
In general. Respect Threads are fun to look at and all, but I have seen feats fall under one or more, sometimes all, of those categories. I'm not saying they're worthless, but now I mostly go to them when I'm bored as opposed to going to them to gather evidence.

And I have a passing knowledge of Thor. What I've seen isn't comparable to Superman's best.

Specifically on Zeus, wouldn't that not be a great example of Thor's durability? If lightning refreshes Thor, wouldn't half of Zeus' attacks in that fight just rejuvenate him?

And I could always bring-up Emperor Joker.

Blaze isn't powerful? roll eyes (sarcastic) And where did I say she was the most powerful? But she is an impressive example.

More impressive than someone who wields the power of the Big Bang and consumes entire galaxies?

One: That wasn't a question, it was a statement. There was no question mark. Two: I was referring to when Superman was blasted by Imperiex Prime after Imperiex killed Doomsday. Superman wasn't Sun-Dipped until after Brainiac came in with Warworld and absorbed Imperiex Prime's energy.

Yeah, so says the guy who thought Superman was Sun-Dipped in my example.

Correction to this...Superman almost died from Imperiex attack. Darkseid saved him. Not a good example imo but the rest are on point (need to reread them to make sure).

dmills
Correction to this...Superman almost died from Imperiex attack. Darkseid saved him. Not a good example imo but the rest are on point (need to reread them to make sure).

Get outta here..

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/kane_01.gif

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Mindship
And small battlefield nuke at that. That reporter doesn't even seem more than a mile or so away. The explosion looks almost like something where Superman would say, "I almost felt that."

The thing is, we all know that area of effect by itself doesn't indicate how much power is actually used. Something can be super concentrated and a lot more damaging. Odin's Gungnir blasts against Thanos for example, the explosions were big enough to maybe take out a convenience store (lol), but we know that they were powerful as hell.

Thanos would have been able to stand within that barrage from the amped U-Foes and Osborne and not feel a thing.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we have no idea if that explosion is supposed to be equivalent in power to a conventional explosive of the same magnitude. It may be greater.

As for the size of the explosion itself, I think it might be bigger than a MOAB, the explosion is definitely farther than a mile away as well. Since at sea level alone, the visible horizon is about 3 miles away, and the reporters are standing on a building that's maybe 30 feet tall, and on top of that, assuming the reporter is like a bare minimum of 5 feet tall, that should increase the visible horizon to just about 8 miles. The explosion isn't on the horizon, but its definitely closer to the horizon than it is to the reporters.

dmills
^^^ And the funny thing is, the u-foes, Osborne (hell I think even Taskmaster was there) et al tanked that explosion. And the kicker? They were no more the a few feet away from Thor... Comic physics ftw!

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/TGSKI.gif

CosmicComet
^^^ And the funny thing is, the u-foes, Osborne (hell I think even Taskmaster was there) et al tanked that explosion. And the kicker? They were no more the a few feet away from Thor...Comic physics ftw!

What a chump Thor is.

Galan007

erm

What point are you actually trying to make here? I thought the instance was clear.

Some of Imperiex's blast hit Supes--that's why he was 'burning'. However, Darkseid transported Superman away from said blast, just before he was killed. All of this was explicitly stated:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11418639_m0.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11418640_m1.jpg

Where did Darkseid teleport Supes to? Right next to earth:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11418689_m3.jpg

Why would he do that? Because Apokolips was right next to earth at the time:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11418646_m2.jpg

If Superman would have been teleported into the sun (which wasn't even alluded to, btw), he would have been AMPED.... But he clearly wasn't. Why the hell blatant facts like this are argued with blows my mind.

keiththegreat
I'm still waiting for someone to show that that blast was amped by the norn stones. I don't think it was.

Damborgson

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/34373/1450744-siege_1_super.jpg thor was still standind and talking after tje blast...thats not what kod him. superman would take it without being kod either.

Mindship
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The thing is, we all know that area of effect by itself doesn't indicate how much power is actually used. Something can be super concentrated and a lot more damaging. Odin's Gungnir blasts against Thanos for example, the explosions were big enough to maybe take out a convenience store (lol), but we know that they were powerful as hell.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we have no idea if that explosion is supposed to be equivalent in power to a conventional explosive of the same magnitude. It may be greater.Sure, in the end, we can make it work. I just wasn't impressed visually for such a deadly blast.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
As for the size of the explosion itself, I think it might be bigger than a MOAB, the explosion is definitely farther than a mile away as well. Since at sea level alone, the visible horizon is about 3 miles away, and the reporters are standing on a building that's maybe 30 feet tall, and on top of that, assuming the reporter is like a bare minimum of 5 feet tall, that should increase the visible horizon to just about 8 miles. The explosion isn't on the horizon, but its definitely closer to the horizon than it is to the reporters. Gotta disagree with you here. All the buildings look more or less similar size, and the ones right next to the explosion (apparently, pre-shock wave) don't look all that far away. IMO, it looks close enough that the reporter should be worried about the blast wave.

But like you were saying before, this could be a "compacted" energy effect, intended with minimal peripheral power loss (ie, little/no blast wave).

PillarofOsiris
Well, they are comparable with Superman being more "invincible" than Thor, but Thor's damage soak and ability to keep ticking evening things up. And then you look at the cosmic beings and such they've battled and you realize that the idea that Superman being so much more durable than Thor isn't true.

I find myself agreeing with your positions a lot on this forum, but here I think you're wrong. Superman's durability is so far beyond Thor's it's really silly to argue otherwise. Do you really think Superman would get cut up by Wolverine like Thor was? Yeah, Superman was cut up by Doomsday, as some others have stated, but to compare that to WOLVERINE....that's preposterous. As far as this thread goes, I would say the Dark Avengers and U-Foes would NOT be able to KO Superman with that blast. And yeah, it's a good point that piercing durability wouldn't matter much in a fight between Superman and Thor, but the fact that thor can be pierced easier, can be taken as evidence that Superman's overall durability is better. Thor's been one-shot A LOT lately. Diablo, Amadeus Cho, etc.

Here's how we can break this down:

Superman, weakened, survived an explosion equal to 50 supernovas.

Thor, died from one NOVA.

Head to head:

Superman beat Thor. (and yes, it was canon)

Piercing: We already covered this in this thread. Superman is far more impressive in this category.

High end showings: Superman has more, and more impressive. BTW: Saying Thor has survived attacks from Odin? Does anyone think Odin was trying to kill Thor? Doubtful.

Low end showings: Many of Superman's have extenuating circumstances (not all, admittedly), but Thor has more without extenuating circumstances.

Magic: Thor wins here. But even here, not by as much as some people think.

Consistency: Superman has more REALLY high end showings over a longer period of time. Compared to Thor, there's no context here.

carver9
I'm still waiting for someone to show that that blast was amped by the norn stones. I don't think it was.

They were not amped but it isn't a bad showing for Thor either. First, he was still standing after the attack and was pissed. Second, the people that blasted him are hellava powerful. Vector alone has fts that puts him in low to mid trans.

leonidas

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/34373/1450744-siege_1_super.jpg

yes he could have.

Blight
Originally posted by leonidas
yes he could have.

Perfect response laughing

DarkOdin
They were not amped but it isn't a bad showing for Thor either. First, he was still standing after the attack and was pissed. Second, the people that blasted him are hellava powerful. Vector alone has fts that puts him in low to mid trans. They were amped the whole battle it is revealed when loki strips the u foes and company of the norn stones powers and gives it to the avenger to fight void. Carver when will you stop commenting on stuff you never even read roll eyes (sarcastic)

dmills
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I find myself agreeing with your positions a lot on this forum, but here I think you're wrong. Superman's durability is so far beyond Thor's it's really silly to argue otherwise. Do you really think Superman would get cut up by Wolverine like Thor was? Yeah, Superman was cut up by Doomsday, as some others have stated, but to compare that to WOLVERINE....that's preposterous. As far as this thread goes, I would say the Dark Avengers and U-Foes would NOT be able to KO Superman with that blast. And yeah, it's a good point that piercing durability wouldn't matter much in a fight between Superman and Thor, but the fact that thor can be pierced easier, can be taken as evidence that Superman's overall durability is better. Thor's been one-shot A LOT lately. Diablo, Amadeus Cho, etc.

Head to head:

Piercing: We already covered this in this thread. Superman is far more impressive in this category.

High end showings: Superman has more, and more impressive. BTW: Saying Thor has survived attacks from Odin? Does anyone think Odin was trying to kill Thor? Doubtful.

Low end showings: Many of Superman's have extenuating circumstances (not all, admittedly), but Thor has more without extenuating circumstances.

Consistency: Superman has more REALLY high end showings over a longer period of time. Compared to Thor, there's no context here.

Now wait a minute. About the slashing piercing resistance. Stating "Do you think Superman would be cut by WOLVERINE?" is hardly conclusive evidence. What's your evidence that he wouldn't be cut? Also for the purposes of this forum JLA/Avengers is not Canon. That's been stated in the rules. Everything else you wrote is for Thor's fans to dispute, I'm only interested in this claim that Supes wouldn't be sliced by Wolverine.

dmills
... Vector alone has fts that puts him in low to mid trans.

Sigh...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/overshoot.gif

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
I thought the instance was clear.

Some of Imperiex's blast hit Supes--that's why he was 'burning'. However, Darkseid transported Superman away from said blast, just before he was killed. All of this was explicitly stated:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11418639_m0.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11418640_m1.jpg

Where did Darkseid teleport Supes to? Right next to earth:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11418689_m3.jpg

Why would he do that? Because Apokolips was right next to earth at the time:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11418646_m2.jpg

If Superman would have been teleported into the sun (which wasn't even alluded to, btw), he would have been AMPED.... But he clearly wasn't. Why the hell blatant facts like this are argued with blows my mind. That's what happens when you just look at pictures and scans and don't actually read the comics.

dmills
laughing

guy222
tor ftw

Damborgson
Sigh...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/overshoot.gif

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/2011/11/82024480/4.gif

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Damborgson

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

dmills
Originally posted by Damborgson

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/funny-sports-a-real-herp-derp-moment-2.gif

guy222
need a gif with jericho and punk

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

Head to head:

This post is just terrible. Also, Wolverine should be able to cut Supes.

carver9
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/funny-sports-a-real-herp-derp-moment-2.gif

Now this just looks nasty.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>