Spiderman(Tobey) vs. Spiderman(Andrew)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
I know it's early in the game to choose but make your best guess, and when the new movie comes out guess again...anyways not all spider powers are created equal. Though they both got bit by a radioactive spider both garfield and mcguire both display their spider powers differently. Who would win in an all out battle. Believe me i loved the spiderman movies with spiderman 2 being my all time favorite comicbook movie followed by ironman. Anyways i think andrew would wipe the floor with tobey.

Placidity
I doubt it. Tobey Spider-man has many high-end feats in the bag. Just going by the trailer, I don't really see any train-stopping type feats making it in to the new film.

BruceSkywalker
TobeySpidey stomps and stomps badly, however my opinion might change once i see the new film

Psychotron
Tobey had great strength and durability, unless the new Spider-man shows something really impressive Tobey-man wins.

Flyattractor
Tobey sucked.
He couldn't act for crap and some of the story/drama from those movies were purley vomit inducing.
I doubt the new movie will be any better.

the ninjak
the one with an actual film wins.... laughing out loud

Going by the trailers. New Spidey appears to be less extremely competent than the old. The take down of the cops is a good example. But the beauty of this new Spiderman is he is definitely more realistic. And has room for growth.

Old Spidey just did incredible feats with no prior showings of growth or how he got there, he just did it. NewSM appears to be a character who will need some warming up.

Tobey wins this on every front in the meantime.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Tobey sucked.
He couldn't act for crap and some of the story/drama from those movies were purley vomit inducing.
I doubt the new movie will be any better.
I think this new incarnation is going to rock.

Psychotron
I don't know about that. The film does look good at the moment, but the new guy looks like a twig. A slap on the face would probably snap his spine. I'm also not sure if I like that he's playing Peter as some kind of hipster loner as opposed to a nerd. On the plus side it's nice to finally see Gwen Stacy instead of Mary-Jane.

steverules_2
No more MJ singing or moaning 'This isn't about you, it's about me!' Gah, shut up! mad

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Psychotron
I don't know about that. The film does look good at the moment, but the new guy looks like a twig. A slap on the face would probably snap his spine. I'm also not sure if I like that he's playing Peter as some kind of hipster loner as opposed to a nerd. On the plus side it's nice to finally see Gwen Stacy instead of Mary-Jane. hipster loner?fukking gay.

Psychotron
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
hipster loner?fukking gay.

Didn't you see the trailer? He looks just like one of those depressed teenagers sitting in the back of the room being all broody and angsty.

the ninjak
Didn't you see the trailer? He looks just like one of those depressed teenagers sitting in the back of the room being all broody and angsty.

Well I guess Spidey isn't for you. That's the way young Parker was presented for years. The bullied nerd. Who gets powers and expresses his lighter side when wearing the mask.

Who would you guys prefer to play him??? I reckon he's a good choice.

Psychotron
He was never so angsty.

the ninjak
In the early High School years he appeared to be. Spiderman was always dark. I do agree though this version seems to be dealing with the loss of his parents and sooner or later his uncles death in a brooding manner. But when he has the costume on he appears to be wacky and humorous. We haven't seen the film yet.

Teens are angsty. Especially those who have lost parents, get bullied often and are going through their High School years.
Marketing groups no doubt want to appeal to the Twicrowds. But they also want to appeal to everyone else and I reckon once he gets the powers will more fun.

0mega Spawn
peter was never a skateboarding loner emo.

he was always a nerdy guy who got bullied a little thats it :l.

his personality was always good people just didn't like him :l

new spiderman is gey

Psychotron
I like him in the suit, he's funny (he's still skinny as **** though) but I hope he's not some brooding type in his civilian clothes. It would be pretty annoying.

Nephthys
He was never so angsty.

Lol wut? Obviously someones never heard of the Clone Saga. Spiderman over the years has been plenty angsty.

the ninjak
new spiderman is gey Originally posted by Psychotron
I like him in the suit, he's funny (he's still skinny as **** though) but I hope he's not some brooding type in his civilian clothes. It would be pretty annoying.

You guys have got to be freakin kidding me! Seriously!

Patient_Leech
Jesus H. Christ. ugh3

0mega Spawn
no im not "freaking kidding you"

when was spiderman ever a skateboarding loner emo?

the ninjak
no im not "freaking kidding you"

when was spiderman ever a skateboarding loner emo?

Since he was swinging from buildings. Doing 1080's. Against the law and doing it in the name of the death of his dead uncle!

0mega Spawn
how does that describe his personality as skateboarding loner emo?

no expression

the ninjak
How doesn't it represent early Spiderman? Let alone many of his later incarnations.

0mega Spawn
skateboarding emo was never spidermans personality.

Scarlet315
Tobey had great strength and durability, unless the new Spider-man shows something really impressive Tobey-man wins.

True, Tobey did display great strength and durablilty, especially in that train scene when he was getting hit with incoming trains and when he stopped a train. I really can't call it. I'd have to wait until after seeing this reboot for a more definitive answer.

the ninjak
skateboarding emo was never spidermans personality. Originally posted by the ninjak
Since he was swinging from buildings. Doing 1080's. Against the law and doing it in the name of the death of his dead uncle!

I hate repeating myself. Parker was always a brooding individual. depressed full of guilt but found release through his newfound powers in being an agile spider man.
His sense of humor was simply a method to overwhelm an anger his opponents.

0mega Spawn
you're not repeating anything no expression
1. you haven't shown peter ever skateboarding
2. he was never a loner aside from fighting crime
3. he was never emo wearing dark colors & hoodies 24/7

nothing you've said says otherwise erm

Nephthys

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/148/412887583_e3ec958fdb_z.jpg?zz=1

No, ok hes never skateboarded.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1knnh6X7I1qlva78o1_500.jpg

http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/venom/mephistolover.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf56zq7HI91qfwhlqo1_500.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FVXCQBs2iUU/THNlspAHHwI/AAAAAAAAEPc/6aN9VOQxS3E/s1600/Scarlet1.jpg

0mega Spawn
LMAO
1. thats black cat who comes & goes on a moments notice. not like they made an actual name.
2. thats not peter parker erm

the ninjak
2. he was never a loner aside from fighting crime.
3. he was never emo wearing dark colors & hoodies 24/7.

nothing you've said says otherwise erm

1. Oh you literally want me to show Peter Parker as a skater.....? Why? laughing out loud
2. He was a loner in high school. He was bullied. He branched out later though. He was a massive loner in the first film.
3. I don't think he's doing that in the new movie neither.

I gave you a metaphorical answer before. And this is just a movie so putting him on a skateboard and giving him a hoody isn't a crime against the creators.

Psychotron
The point is Parker had a happy go lucky attitude. He wasn't so depressed all the time.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by the ninjak
1. Oh you literally want me to show Peter Parker as a skater.....? Why? laughing out loud
2. He was a loner in high school. He was bullied. He branched out later though. He was a massive loner in the first film.
3. I don't think he's doing that in the new movie neither.

I gave you a metaphorical answer before. And this is just a movie so putting him on a skateboard and giving him a hoody isn't a crime against the creators. he wasn't a loner in high school.
whenever he was shown in civilian disguise he was usually around someone he knew mary jane, harry, aunt may, norman, otto, ETC

he wasnt do ollies in the ally acting emo

the ninjak
I reckon an awkward infatuation with the girl next door.
An on/off friendship.
And 3 old people. Two of them turning out to be psychos. Still constitutes as Lonely life. But I get you point.

I'm fine with the hoody, the hair and the skateboard. I think everybody is gonna be pleasantly surprised in the end. People are fearing this is going to be Twilight but I've seen 13 mins of footage and I reckon they are going in the right path.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.