Does Peter Jackson plan to make Children of Hurin after the Hobbit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
As most of you know, Peter Jackson's new film, 'The Hobbit' is coming out in December this year. Does anyone know if Peter Jackson is planning to make 'The Children of Hurin (another middle earth story) into a film? If you don't know, do you think he will? Please let me know.

C-3POTheClever
Come on someone! Post an answer!

roughrider
It took several years of wrangling and headaches for him to get The Hobbit before cameras, even after the monster box office and Oscar success of the trilogy. Give the man some breathing space on this. Even if he wanted to do more Tolkien after this is finished, don't expect him to do another one for a decade or so.

Patient_Leech
Quite frankly i'm kind of growing tired of this LOTR nonsense. I'd like to see Peter Jackson get back on the Halo project. He'd probably be a good director for that.

Phoenix2001
The thing about Tolkien's fictional world is there are so many stories that could be told. Why make a movie about the Children of Hurin and not a movie about the jewels? The jewels play just as large a part in the first age that the Ring plays in the third age.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Quite frankly i'm kind of growing tired of this LOTR nonsense. I'd like to see Peter Jackson get back on the Halo project. He'd probably be a good director for that.

Or even go back to doing some of the things he use to do such as Bad Taste & Meet The Feebles.

RE: Blaxican
"I'm tired of all this LotR nonsense"

Yeah totally, because it's not like the last LotR movie was released almost a decade ago or something.

Besides, the Halo movie will suck, just like every other video game movie has sucked. PJ isn't even interested in doing a Halo movie anymore, lol.

Kazenji
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Besides, the Halo movie will suck, just like every other video game movie has sucked. PJ isn't even interested in doing a Halo movie anymore, lol.

Did you even see what they were doing with the movie before it was declared dead?

it was actually turning out to be good.

colossulrage
you have no idea if the movie was gonna be good or not.lol nobody knows until they see it

Kazenji
Uh they showed off all the props and stuff and most of the things looked like what you seen in the game.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
"I'm tired of all this LotR nonsense"

Yeah totally, because it's not like the last LotR movie was released almost a decade ago or something.

Nice try, smartass. What is he working on now as we speak? Essentially two more LOTR movies. And if they aren't exactly LOTR, they sure do look damn near identical.

Kazenji
Wow.....ya think???

it is still set in the that Tolkian world ....what were you expecting it to be set on tatooine.

Patient_Leech
Oh my god... I've never read the books, f*ck-hole. Talking to you people is like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a rabid, castrated squirrel. Random, yes, but that is what it is like. I'm sure of it.

doh

nono

Kazenji
Well the your that likes to point out the obvious alot nubnuts.

Patient_Leech
Lern too right, tittyshit.

josephw002
Even if he wanted to do more Tolkien after this is finished, don't expect him to do another one for a decade or so.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Leaga
I think Peter Jackson should make a movie about this. At least it would be better than "twighlight saga and the hunger games. He could go more into the elves story and history.

xtinataguba
i really wish! but as far as i know, no plans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.