Drax (dumb) vs Gladiator vs Thor vs Sentry vs WBH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

biensalsa
Who can slow down the Destroyer?

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/INSANE%20FEATS/EXTREME%20FORCE/SupermanBeyond01Page015SLOWINGDOWNTHEDESTROYER3.jpg

ares834
Drax and WBH should be able to. Not sure about the rest.

Edit: Eh, they probably all can.

biensalsa
Originally posted by ares834
Drax and WBH should be able to. Not sure about the rest.

Edit: Eh, they probably all can.

You do know this ship is traveling at multiversal speeds, right?

Thanks for the response btw. smile and nice avatar

Lord Feron
Originally posted by biensalsa
You do know this ship is traveling at multiversal speeds, right?

Thanks for the response btw. smile and nice avatar

Multiversal speeds? how fast is that exactly? laughing out loud

biensalsa
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Dc's speed barriers

Sound
Light
Time
Dimensinal/multiversal
Speed force

Lord Feron
Dc's speed barriers

Sound
Light
Time
Dimensinal/multiversal
Speed force

That doesn't answer the question. Speed of sound, got it, speed of light got it, speed of time... confused speed of dimension/multiversal.... confused Speed force is also not a measure of speed it is like saying "that dude is as fast as dreams!"

biensalsa
That doesn't answer the question. Speed of sound, got it, speed of light got it, speed of time... confused speed of dimension/multiversal.... confused Speed force is also not a measure of speed it is like saying "that dude is as fast as dreams!"

Good point, let me downgrade the feat so we could try to meassure it.

Lets say is going just fast enough to break the light barrier

So this is a 70 mile long ship traveling at those speeds who can slow it down?

Fifthchild

Yeah its a bit like saying someone resisted flames "of planetary temperatures!"

I never felt like that was exactly Superman's greatest moment, at least in terms of the sort of over the top feats that most people love.

biensalsa
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Yeah its a bit like saying someone resisted flames "of planetary temperatures!"

I never felt like that was exactly Superman's greatest moment, at least in terms of the sort of over the top feats that most people love.

Funny thing.

The other day I read some guy saying this was a better portrayal of his strength, just because it was a 70 mile long ship of course this same guy was probably not even aware of the ship's speed.

But this isn't about Superman. Is about Drax, Gladiator, Sentry, Thor and WBH

As for saying "planetary temperatures" I just gave a very good measure of the speed.

Lets not even say this ship was traveling between universe, lets make it go slower so you can have an idea of the speed.

Who can slow it down?

golem370
Did he stop it dead or did he slow it down before that point?

biensalsa
Originally posted by golem370
Did he stop it dead or did he slow it down before that point?

He slow it down to the point it was no longer traveling between universes

CosmicComet
So if we assume its only breaking the light barrier, it still has infinite mass right?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/confused.gif

biensalsa
Originally posted by CosmicComet
So if we assume its only breaking the light barrier, it still has infinite mass right?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/confused.gif

Based on numbers, yes I belive so. big grin

biensalsa
I guess the lack of answers means none of the ones cited?

byrdgang21
If Clark did it then Hulk can. He's strongest there is right

biensalsa
Potentially the strongest one there is

But he can't fly

byrdgang21
Hulk thunderclaps and the ship disappears

Diesldude
On a side note, compare a 70 mile long ship with a mountain.

Stoic
Thor, Gladiator, and Drax have the best chances of stopping it. WB Hulk does not fly so.........

carver9
Gladiator throws it out of space and Thor and Drax stops it. WBH punch a building and the shockwaves from the punch connects to the space ship and destroys it.

carver9
Also, I would like to see a scan stating the ship was moving that fast.

biensalsa
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Hulk thunderclaps and the ship disappears

laughing That is a good one

biensalsa
Originally posted by Diesldude
On a side note, compare a 70 mile long ship with a mountain.

Mountains moving FTL?

biensalsa
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor, Gladiator, and Drax have the best chances of stopping it. WB Hulk does not fly so.........

I BELIEVE Drax has the best chances

biensalsa
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator throws it out of space and Thor and Drax stops it. WBH punch a building and the shockwaves from the punch connects to the space ship and destroys it.

I know you are kidding Carver smile

biensalsa
Also, I would like to see a scan stating the ship was moving that fast.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/tumblr_ln4lwu9aj21qfsevf.gif

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/INSANE%20FEATS/EXTREME%20FORCE/SupermanBeyond01Page015SLOWINGDOWNTHEDESTROYER3-1.jpg

Lord Feron
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/tumblr_ln4lwu9aj21qfsevf.gif

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/INSANE%20FEATS/EXTREME%20FORCE/SupermanBeyond01Page015SLOWINGDOWNTHEDESTROYER3-1.jpg

That actually didn't prove anything unless you want to make some assumptions.

-Pr-

facepalm

Even your jokes miss the target.

biensalsa
That actually didn't prove anything unless you want to make some assumptions.

Wait, showing on panel one universe and then another does not mean is traveling between universes? is assuming???

Diesldude
Mountains moving FTL? Yeah. You know the history of the hulk and mountains.

Diesldude
Superman also didn't want to stop it on the dot. That would have destroyed the ship and or the passengers. This is why he slowed it down. smile

Lord Feron
Wait, showing on panel one universe and then another does not mean is traveling between universes? is assuming???

Um well is it speed that is causing it to switch between universes? I don't think it is according to the way they are speaking. Seems like the ship is designed to travel between universes or realitys or whatever. Also was it speed that causes that to happen? Also how do you quantify that speed?

So yeah I assume that the ship was going fast (are there panels before saying that "we are traveling a octillion times light speed and accelerating, holy **** we are in a new universe"wink , I assume it moved so ****ing fast it somehow went into another universe. Assume that makes sense some how.... Yeah I would say there is alot of assumptions.

I'm just trying to quantify the feat.

Edit

abhilegend
Um well is it speed that is causing it to switch between universes? I don't think it is according to the way they are speaking. Seems like the ship is designed to travel between universes or realitys or whatever. Also was it speed that causes that to happen? Also how do you quantify that speed?

So yeah I assume that the ship was going fast (are there panels before saying that "we are traveling a octillion times light speed and accelerating, holy **** we are in a new universe"wink , I assume it moved so ****ing fast it somehow went into another universe. Assume that makes sense some how.... Yeah I would say there is alot of assumptions.

I'm just trying to quantify the feat.

Edit
In DC you have to move faster than light to cross between universes. I don't know what is so confusing about this.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by abhilegend
In DC you have to move faster than light to cross between universes. I don't know what is so confusing about this.

Faster than light speed travel allows you to traverse dimensional barriers, thank you DC authority!

So now we just say this ship that is moving between dimension must be going at least a touch faster that light speed or maybe even much much greater than light speed who the hell knows.

Also you are assuming, I mean straight up declaring that there will be no way for anything to traverse dimensional barriers unless you are going beyond light speed which is the logic we have to use because this ship is clearly traversing the dimensional barrier. Stop me if I am not correctly interpreting the abilities of this spaceship thing.

I would be more comfortable if the OP said "Who can stop/slow down a spaceship sized object 70 miles long flying at light speed" then this would not even be a issue.

Also I am not trying to take away anything from superman, it's just not enough evidence to prove that the ship was going at some ridiculous speed. But if I adopt you idea of "In DC you have to move faster than light to cross between universes." I guess the ship is at least going light speed... But I personally will not unless some editor or someone from DC had something formal "laws and science of how DCU works"

biensalsa
Faster than light speed travel allows you to traverse dimensional barriers, thank you DC authority!

So now we just say this ship that is moving between dimension must be going at least a touch faster that light speed or maybe even much much greater than light speed who the hell knows.

Also you are assuming, I mean straight up declaring that there will be no way for anything to traverse dimensional barriers unless you are going beyond light speed which is the logic we have to use because this ship is clearly traversing the dimensional barrier. Stop me if I am not correctly interpreting the abilities of this spaceship thing.

I would be more comfortable if the OP said "Who can stop/slow down a spaceship sized object 70 miles long flying at light speed" then this would not even be a issue.

Also I am not trying to take away anything from superman, it's just not enough evidence to prove that the ship was going at some ridiculous speed. But if I adopt you idea of "In DC you have to move faster than light to cross between universes." I guess the ship is at least going light speed... But I personally will not unless some editor or someone from DC had something formal "laws and science of how DCU works"

Good point, but I actually went though material before.

It has been stated in canon comics how the speed barriers work in the DC universe by Max Mercury IIRC

Sound Barrier, Light Barrier, Time Barrier, Dimensional Barrier, and finally the Speed Force Barrier.

abhilegend

Yeah, its slightly confusing but there are some barriers in DCU which you have to cross a speed to break. As biensalsa said its all canon.

carver9
The ship was clearly built to cross universes. There was nothing stated on how fast that ship was going after crossing over to that universe. Not quantifiable and all of the people here stops it and Hulk destroys it with a punch.

Batman-Prime
no expression

Existere
Originally posted by abhilegend
In DC you have to move faster than light to cross between universes. I don't know what is so confusing about this. Pretty sure there are plenty of instances of people crossing between universes without needing to hit a speed barrier first.

Le shrug.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
no expression

Lol...what's up buddy. Good to see you.

Cogito
Originally posted by Existere
Pretty sure there are plenty of instances of people crossing between universes without needing to hit a speed barrier first.

Le shrug.

This.

In fact, the only instances of the speed issue coming up that I can think of are related to Speedsters.

The rest of DC uses alternate means.

That said, I have no doubt that ship was moving very quickly, and that it's not at all a low feat for Superman to have been struggling.

A 70 mile long ship is way bigger than a mountain. Add an undetermined amount of momentum and it's a big feat.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Existere
Pretty sure there are plenty of instances of people crossing between universes without needing to hit a speed barrier first.

Le shrug.
Its a shared universe. Inconsistencies are the norm in such a scenario.
srug

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito
This.

In fact, the only instances of the speed issue coming up that I can think of are related to Speedsters.

The rest of DC uses alternate means.

That said, I have no doubt that ship was moving very quickly, and that it's not at all a low feat for Superman to have been struggling.

A 70 mile long ship is way bigger than a mountain. Add an undetermined amount of momentum and it's a big feat.

I agree, its a major ft. Gladiator has done basically the same thing with a larger ship.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/117/shiplr6.jpg/

Cogito
I agree, its a major ft. Gladiator has done basically the same thing with a larger ship.

thumb up

Gladiators was impressive. It was done in space though, which helps some, and I don't mean to imply at all that this was Superman's most impressive feat.

We still don't actually know how fast that ship was moving though.

Colossus-Big C
gladiator>superman

abhilegend

Superman has pushed a ship towing both earth and moon.
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
gladiator>superman

In your eyes colossus (classic)>superman.

biensalsa

I have seen that from the Ff comics, couple of things, this is a very good feat for glads, but this is done in space, mass is not =

For those who have read the issue in question featuring superman and the destroyer, will know that in fact the monitors are using vibration to go from one universe to another.

Taking this into account is not only the sheer size of it under gravity, but also the foward momentum and denying the ftl vibrations moving the ship between universes.

he has two more similar feats.

biensalsa
Correction

I meant weight, not mass

JakeTheBank
Glads, Thor, Sentry, Hulk.

biensalsa
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Glads, Thor, Sentry, Hulk.

Why?

Besides the obvious "is comics and anything is possible"

I cannot picture any of them pulling this up except for Drax and that is based on wishful thinking.

But I cannot picture Thor, Glads, Sentry or Hulk slowing down that mass at those speeds.

But I'm open to ideas.

carver9
Why?

I cannot picture any of them pulling this up except for Drax and that is based on wishful thinking.

But I cannot picture Thor, Glads, Sentry or Hulk slowing down that mass at those speeds.

But I'm open to ideas.

Them being just as strong as Superman should be enough proof and there wasn't anything stated on panel on how fast the ship was going. Gladiator stopped an asteroid that was probably about to lay waste to a planet. Him moving asteroid that was blocking an entire star lane. All of them can stop it and some can probably toss it.

Blue Marvel could probably do it as well, this is a guy that was carry around a small city.

JakeTheBank
Why?

But I'm open to ideas.

Gladiator, Sentry, and Hulk all have high level super strength. Thor has that in addition to Mjolnir, which he can use to create barriers, whirlwinds, and portals, all of which I'd imagine be incredibly useful for slowing down such a vessel.

carver9
Let's look at the entire ft. I need to see some stuff in detail.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01d.jpg

carver9
Per this scan, Superman had help. By the way, the ship was still crossing dimensions while Superman was holding it. Speed had nothing to do with the ship moving from universe to universe.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01d.jpg

I love owning people.

biensalsa
Them being just as strong as Superman should be enough proof and there wasn't anything stated on panel on how fast the ship was going. Gladiator stopped an asteroid that was probably about to lay waste to a planet. Him moving asteroid that was blocking an entire star lane. All of them can stop it and some can probably toss it.

Blue Marvel could probably do it as well, this is a guy that was carry around a small city.

Lol what do you mean this by stating the ship's speed?

Is traveling between universes, You just don't walk to it, You need certain force to pierce that barrier.

And as clearly stated on panel the ship is using vibrations to tune up to universes.

Comparing any of the other feats to this is just funny. This is infinite mass and is not an abstract.

70 mile long ship traveling or vibrating so fast that attunes to universes and Superman slows it down so it stays in one Universe and slows it enough so it does not split the planet.

Oh and on top of it is infinite mass on Gravity, not like the other feat you are mentioning.

Believe me is easier to make a train move than to slow down it's momentum.

You are funny Carver

carver9
Lol what do you mean this by stating the ship's speed?

Is traveling between universes, You just don't walk to it, You need certain force to pierce that barrier.

And as clearly stated on panel the ship is using vibrations to tune up to universes.

Comparing any of the other feats to this is just funny. This is infinite mass and is not an abstract.

70 mile long ship traveling or vibrating so fast that attunes to universes and Superman slows it down so it stays in one Universe and slows it enough so it does not split the planet.

Oh and on top of it is infinite mass on Gravity, not like the other feat you are mentioning.

Believe me is easier to make a train move than to slow down it's momentum.

You are funny Carver

I'm literally shaking my head at you.

biensalsa
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Gladiator, Sentry, and Hulk all have high level super strength. Thor has that in addition to Mjolnir, which he can use to create barriers, whirlwinds, and portals, all of which I'd imagine be incredibly useful for slowing down such a vessel.

Just because they have super strength does not mean they can slow it down.

Having Super strength on super human level does not mean all of them have the same amount of super strength.

I could believe Thor using some sort of plot device coming out from Mjolnir could do it, but not by evidence of super strength, unless We use abstracts.

biensalsa
I'm literally shaking my head at you.

I'm smiling

carver9

Having Super strength on super human level does not mean all of them have the same amount of super strength.

I could believe Thor using some sort of plot device coming out from Mjolnir could do it, but not by evidence of super strength, unless We use abstracts.

Superman didn't even do the ft by himself...lol.

JakeTheBank

Obviously. Luke Cage and Spider-Man have super strength; doesn't mean they can slow it down. But Gladiator, Sentry, Hulk, and Thor all have super strength the likes of which to perform such a task, imo, based off their own feats and how they interact with others.

carver9
I'm smiling

I don't know why when you are making a ft bigger than what it is.

biensalsa
I don't know why when you are making a ft bigger than what it is.

Is not bigger that what it is.

It is Your opinion as You also think that Superman was holding a mini black hole that it did not release, when it shows on panel reality collapsing into the singularity.

and IIRC you thought Superman running at mach 9000 via muscle was lol until I prove it otherwise

carver9
Is not bigger that what it is.

It is Your opinion as You also think that Superman was holding a mini black hole that it did not release, when it shows on panel reality collapsing into the singularity.

The Black Hole was contained and was slowly rupturing in Superman hands. When the black hole was near critical mass, Superman was getting sucked in.

Stating vibrations made it an infinite amount of weight...wtf. The ship was built to travel through Universes.

biensalsa
The Black Hole was contained and was slowly rupturing in Superman hands. When the black hole was near critical mass, Superman was getting sucked in.

Stating vibrations made it an infinite amount of weight...wtf. The ship was built to travel through Universes.

Fair enough.

Picture this Carver and this is kind of a funny annalogy

You have a shake weight on your hand and you start shaking it (which I'm sure you are an expert to it, kidding big grin )

OK, You have a shake weight on your hand and you start shaking it, I bet you, that it will be easier for you to start shaking it at faster rates , that to actually stop the momentum the shake weight has gained. The shake weight it actually weights more when shaking than non shaking shake weight.

Now Imagine this ship is doing the same but in a WTF scale

and I disagree on the Black hole thing. That thing was already sucking in the matter around it.

carver9
Fair enough.

Picture this Carver and this is kind of a funny annalogy

You have a shake weight on your hand and you start shaking it (which I'm sure you are an expert to it, kidding big grin )

OK, You have a shake weight on your hand and you start shaking it, I bet you, that it will be easier for you to start shaking it at faster rates , that to actually stop the momentum the shake weight has gained. The shake weight it actually weights more when shaking than non shaking shake weight.

Now Imagine this ship is doing the same but in a WTF scale

and I disagree on the Black hole thing. That thing was already sucking in the matter around it.

Sigh*

So much wrong...so much.

abhilegend
Sigh*

So much wrong...so much.
laughing out loud

biensalsa
Sigh*

So much wrong...so much.

Now Let me give you the analogy for the Black hole

Imagine a drainage with a cap on top that allows water to remain on the bath tub.

Now imagine You remove that cap and water starts getting sucked in, now imagine you put your hand to close the drainage.

That is what Superman did but on a WTF scale
smile

carver9
Now Let me give you the analogy for the Black hole

Imagine a drainage with a cap on top that allows water to remain on the bath tub.

Now imagine You remove that cap and water starts getting sucked in, now imagine you put your hand to close the drainage.

That is what Superman did but on a WTF scale
smile

This would be true if the containment field wasn't still on. The containment field was there, even during the end but it was dissolving. Martian Manhunter patched it up in enough time to prevent the black hole from destroying the Earth. No matter how you look at it, its an amazing ft for Supes but we don't know how much of the hole he held before it was sealed. The only thing we know is by the end, he was getting sucked in.

biensalsa
This would be true if the containment field wasn't still on. The containment field was there, even during the end but it was dissolving. Martian Manhunter patched it up in enough time to prevent the black hole from destroying the Earth. No matter how you look at it, its an amazing ft for Supes but we don't know how much of the hole he held before it was sealed. The only thing we know is by the end, he was getting sucked in.

confused1 Where did MMH patch it up? let me read reading

carver9
confused1 Where did MMH patch it up? let me read reading

Somebody patched it up, I can't remember.

biensalsa
Somebody patched it up, I can't remember.

Nope detective you are getting confused

GL helped to move and contain it AFTER the fact that Superman ALONE and with ONE hand contained the gravitational pull of the black hole.

even on the next page FAITH states some fluctuation on the gravity field around the moon.

carver9
Nope detective you are getting confused

GL helped to move and contain it AFTER the fact that Superman ALONE and with ONE hand contained the gravitational pull of the black hole.

even on the next page FAITH states some fluctuation on the gravity field around the moon.

I'll have to reread it just to clarify what you are saying is true.

As for this thread...I find this more impressive than what you've used as a ft for this thread.

1. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/4530/gladssurfer002ph.jpg
2. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/923/gladssurfer019ck.jpg
3. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/5351/gladssurfer020zn.jpg
4. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/2056/gladssurfer036hc.jpg

biensalsa
I'll have to reread it just to clarify what you are saying is true.

As for this thread...I find this more impressive than what you've used as a ft for this thread.

1. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/4530/gladssurfer002ph.jpg
2. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/923/gladssurfer019ck.jpg
3. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/5351/gladssurfer020zn.jpg
4. http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/2056/gladssurfer036hc.jpg

Interesting, I have not seen that issue, but I have no idea of the context, so because of this I cannot see your point, If you will be kind enough to share or provide issue #, so I can see why this will be more impressive.

As for the mini Black hole, I guess We agree.

biensalsa
Just a quick post here before this thread goes into oblivion

The mini Black hole

Is being theorized that to create a black hole strong enough to destroy earth it will need the mass of at least mount Everest.

You can also have microscopic black holes the size of plank but they lack enough mass to become a threat and because of the lack of mass they evaporate rapidly.

So in order to create a black hole that will be dense enough to destroy earth with a pendulum motion it will need the mass of mount Everest.

This particular black hole have been around for thousands of years and it was even pulling thoughts out of people's minds meaning it had enough mass to live that long and enough gravitation pull to pick thoughts out of your brain even contained geek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.