Sersi vs. Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Fights on some random planet. Both believe the other to be evil.

the Darkone
Sersi

abhilegend
J'onn.

Dream Stuff
Sounds like a quick draw. Either MM takes her down mentally with a thought or Sersi turns him to into fire with a thought. I'm not sure who's faster, but my bet's on MM.

Existere
Except that Sersi's got her own formidable mental defenses. I'm sure she'd lose to J'onn in a feat war, but she's stalemated Exodus - she's probably not gonna fold so easily to a mental attack.

This match is a tough call. I'd probably bet on J'onn, but I could see it going either way.

Estacado
Couldnt Sersi just TK the shit out of him?I mean she did 1 shot Herc with it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Estacado
Couldnt Sersi just TK the shit out of him?I mean she did 1 shot Herc with it.
J'onn has intangibility with speed. I have a hard time seeing TK work on him.

Juntai
I'm not sure J'onn's fire weakness is common knowledge, most of the times he runs into it is because one of the few who are smart enough to know is in on it, or it happens incidentally. It gets weird in every thread involving him thinking whoever is just going to set him on fire and be done with it.

"Id"
How does J'onn cope with Sersi matter manipulation?

abhilegend
Originally posted by "Id"
How does J'onn cope with Sersi matter manipulation?
Shape-shifting. Plas did the same to circe.

Stoic
Originally posted by Existere
Except that Sersi's got her own formidable mental defenses. I'm sure she'd lose to J'onn in a feat war, but she's stalemated Exodus - she's probably not gonna fold so easily to a mental attack.

This match is a tough call. I'd probably bet on J'onn, but I could see it going either way.

Agree

Konton
Originally posted by abhilegend
Shape-shifting. Plas did the same to circe.

Plastic Man is a different story entirely, it's no use comparing their bodies as PM is sort of an anomaly in physicality (he's imune to telepathy and stuff for the same reason).

Sersi can phase too.

Existere
Shape-shifting. Plas did the same to circe. Plastic Man isn't a good bar to set for any other shapeshifter.

carver9
On comicvine they said Martian Manhunter is Stonger than Superman. Sersi is f*****.

Glorificus
Sersi.

biensalsa
Originally posted by carver9
On comicvine they said Martian Manhunter is Stonger than Superman. Sersi is f*****.

They have their own Carver?

carver9
Originally posted by biensalsa
They have their own Carver?

Lol...the entire site says this...I'm saying the opposite.

Endless Mike
Well to be fair, if they were both written to the extent of their abilities without PIS/CIS in play, MM's powerset would let him beat Supes every time

carver9
I distress but whatever.

Endless Mike
I was merely talking about a comparison of powersets

guy222
sersi ftw

Lord Feron
IMO cis free MM would **** Superman up. Also this match is toss up can go either way.

Bouboumaster
MM massacre her.

HandOfFate
Gonna go with J'onn here, super-speed and high level telepathy simple take Sersi everytime.

Dream Stuff
I'm not sure how great Sersi's mental defenses are. She's definitely got powerful psionics, but the relationship between psionics and psychics is kind of murky.

She's also quite fast, multi-mach at least. Though that's not fast enough to help her much here. I don't have feats to suggest she's any quicker off the top of my head.

As for her transmutation working on a shapeshifter, it actually DOES. She's proven it on deviants. Moreover, her feats for transmutation >>>>>>> MM's feats for shapeshifting. Even if he's resistant, he's just going to be overpowered with a thought.

In conclusion, MM's best bet is to blitz with a mental attack. If he tries to slug it out, it's well within Sersi's character to just turn him into something funny and leave him that way. Also, common knowledge or not, fire is a very common thing for her to spontaneously create.

Konton
Speed doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. He isn't one-shotting her and she can just eye-beam him into the sun. She can teleport matter instantaneously.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Konton
Speed doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. He isn't one-shotting her and she can just eye-beam him into the sun. She can teleport matter instantaneously.

Well, if his "one shot" is issuing her brain a "FREEZE" command, then she isn't going to be doing much of anything. If there are feats out there of her resisting TP even for a moment, it could change the outcome of the fight.

Also, given his durability, would the Sun even stop MM? I mean, it's not actually fire and he can obviously return under his own power.

Glorificus
She's got telepathic defenses of her own.

She's a strong enough telepath that she could shut Exodus down briefly.

J'onn's not going to be able to mind rape her.

nwg202
Doesn't Sersi weaken when she teleports? I don't think she likes doing it too much. I remember someone telling me that she risks shutting down after teleporting to a place.

Konton
Originally posted by nwg202
Doesn't Sersi weaken when she teleports? I don't think she likes doing it too much. I remember someone telling me that she risks shutting down after teleporting to a place.

Sounds like you've been reading the Eternals wiki page lol.

She teleports without any strain. Those who accompany her are often disoriented, but she's better than most Eternals.

PillarofOsiris
Sersi has to be one of the most underrated characters in comics, in terms of her level of power. I think she takes this. Depending on which MMH we are talking about she could just turn all the air around him into fire.

abhilegend
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Sersi has to be one of the most underrated characters in comics, in terms of her level of power. I think she takes this. Depending on which MMH we are talking about she could just turn all the air around him into fire.
How does she knows about the fire in first place?
Originally posted by Juntai
I'm not sure J'onn's fire weakness is common knowledge, most of the times he runs into it is because one of the few who are smart enough to know is in on it, or it happens incidentally. It gets weird in every thread involving him thinking whoever is just going to set him on fire and be done with it.

PillarofOsiris
How does she knows about the fire in first place?

Good point. Even without weakness exploitation though, I think she's got way too many ways to beat MMH. I'll give MMH the advantage in strength, speed, and even telepathy, but she has durability, energy manipulation, absorption, transmutation and several other very big advantages IMO. I think she'd be a lot harder for him to put down than vice versa. Not taking anything from J'onn, but I think Sersi is far more powerful.

leonidas
i'd take sersi. don't see speed as a factor, don't see j'onn overwhelming her with tp at all. her transmutation skills are pretty much uncounterable imo. she could simply make him human so he has no more shapeshifting powers. sersi is a beast in forum matches.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.