Apocalypse (spoiler)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaedusRules

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by CaedusRules
It also answered the question of what the prophecy that Anakin was meant to bring Balance to the force... He was meant to sit on the Throne of Balance, but denied the responsibility.

What does this mean? Whats the EU take on the prophecy and the chosen one?

CaedusRules
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
What does this mean? Whats the EU take on the prophecy and the chosen one?

It was left more to interpertation in most cases, but some believe Anakin was meant to destroy the Sith, as mentioned in ROTS. Some take it beyond thinking by bringing balance was actually equaling the number of Sith and Jedi... Before ROS thousands of Jedi, 2 sith... After 2 sith, 2 jedi...

Forgive me if I dont get this exactly right, but I dont have the book in front of me.....
In this book Luke says Yoda told him a story that Anakin and Obi-won were transported to a world of the Ones... There the Sister (lightside) and Brother (Darkside) were battling as to which one would take over as the Father (balance). The Father asked Anakin to become the balance and he refused... The Brother killed the Sister, and the father sacrificed himself to kill the brother, so now there is no balance between light and dark, and now they are eternally at war against eachother because there is not checks and balances...

I'm not sure if this story came up in other literature or maybe even the clone wars, as I have mostly stuck to post movie books. (I plan to start the earlier literature soon).

Dr McBeefington
It doesn't follow any of Lucas' continuity and it was incredibly rushed at the end.

DARTH POWER

Forgive me if I dont get this exactly right, but I dont have the book in front of me.....
In this book Luke says Yoda told him a story that Anakin and Obi-won were transported to a world of the Ones... There the Sister (lightside) and Brother (Darkside) were battling as to which one would take over as the Father (balance). The Father asked Anakin to become the balance and he refused... The Brother killed the Sister, and the father sacrificed himself to kill the brother, so now there is no balance between light and dark, and now they are eternally at war against eachother because there is not checks and balances...

I'm not sure if this story came up in other literature or maybe even the clone wars, as I have mostly stuck to post movie books. (I plan to start the earlier literature soon).

LOL This story is from the Clone Wars series. It's the Mortis trilogy. Season 3 episodes 15-17 (in case you want to watch it).

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
It doesn't follow any of Lucas' continuity and it was incredibly rushed at the end.

To be fair the whole EU Post ROTJ stories, especially related to Balance of the Force thing, does not follow what Lucas says.

So I was just wondering if there was an established EU interpretation on the prophecy.

SIDIOUS 66
So Lucas says Anakin did bring balance, but this book is saying he didn't.

This book sounds....yuck!

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
So Lucas says Anakin did bring balance, but this book is saying he didn't.

This book sounds....yuck!

To be fair the EU take on the prophecy HAS to be different. According to Lucas it meant destroying the Sith and the darkside forever.

Obviously all post ROTJ EU Literature can not follow that interpretation of the prophecy.

SIDIOUS 66
To be fair the EU take on the prophecy HAS to be different. According to Lucas it meant destroying the Sith and the darkside forever.

At least there can be an explanation with that: Palpatine and Vader were the last true sith (Banite sith).

But this book just threw the whole thing out the window.

DARTH POWER
At least there can be an explanation with that: Palpatine and Vader were the last true sith (Banite sith).

That only works if we ignore Dark Empire.

CaedusRules

Was Caedus not a Banite Sith? Taught by Lumiya, with Tahiri as his apprentice?

Nephthys
Wow, Tahiri's still alive? And with the Jedi? Shouldn't she be, like, in an insane asylum or something?

CaedusRules

Technically if this was in the clone wars, then Lucas threw it out the window.... right? Doesn't Lucas have Creative Contorl of the Toon?

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Nephthys
Wow, Tahiri's still alive? And with the Jedi? Shouldn't she be, like, in an insane asylum or something?

I like Tahiri... I love broken women. The scars would be hot, and I can imagine her bare feet all over.... Um.... nevermind...

Nephthys
Um, ok, foot fetish huh? I'll file that info away for later.... mmm

But seriously, didn't she turn to the darkside in LotF? And become deranged and obsessed over Anakin? And tried to seduce and kill a 12 year old?

DARTH POWER
Technically if this was in the clone wars, then Lucas threw it out the window.... right? Doesn't Lucas have Creative Contorl of the Toon?

Yeah, but I don't think anybody's actually sure though what those episodes were trying to say regarding the prophecy.

CaedusRules
Um, ok, foot fetish huh? I'll file that info away for later.... mmm

But seriously, didn't she turn to the darkside in LotF? And become deranged and obsessed over Anakin? And tried to seduce and kill a 12 year old?

Yes, and she killed Pelleion(sp) and became a bounty hunter I think, and eventually befriended the Jedi, but didnt join back up, and was put on trial for the assination and conviceted, but borke out of jail... Then Fel took her to the Empire and made her a Hand briefly, but when Fel left office she joined forces with Saba to battle Abeloth, and Saba said it was her first step back into the jedi.

Oh and I really dont have a foot fetish wink I always liked Tahiri from the NJO books... Her and Tenel Ka... Jaina... Not so much.

Nephthys
And some people say its hard to get into the EU. no expression

Whatever happened to 'Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your future'? Apparantly you can be redeemed by just being really sorry and doing the Order a solid.

At least she suffered through being wtfpwned by Boba Fetts (grand?)daughter in the stupidest way possible. That should be punishment enough.

CaedusRules
And some people say its hard to get into the EU. no expression

Whatever happened to 'Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your future'? Apparantly you can be redeemed by just being really sorry and doing the Order a solid.

At least she suffered through being wtfpwned by Boba Fetts (grand?)daughter in the stupidest way possible. That should be punishment enough.

In all fairness it is like 5-6 years after all that happened, and she was reluctant to join, and I dont think anyone has made it official, and no-one said she was free and clear of the dark side... IMO I think it will be temporary until she forms the Imperial Knights anyway.

But EU force users dont always have such an easy way back... Luke struggles with it still. Kyp really had a problem with it, especially in the NJO. The only one that seemed to have a free ride was Zekk.

SIDIOUS 66
That only works if we ignore Dark Empire.

No, not really. There can be an explanation for that also: Anakin brought balance by destroying the rule of two, and by undoing the imbalance Plagueis and Sidious caused that shifting the the force in favor of the dark side which resulted in the dark side basically clouding the entire force and diminishing the jedi's ability to use it.

Though Palpatine returned in DE, he was forced to inhabit inferior clone bodies that caused him a lot of madness. He was left without an apprentice, and he had to spend years gathering his strenght and his forces. Anakin was still the main cause for Palpatine's defeat.

There has to be some contradiction to Lucas' description on what bringing balance means in order for post ROTJ stories to be interesting, but they don't necessarily have to contradict that Anakin did bring balance.

If what this book says is true then Anakin never fulfilled his duty as the chosen since he didn't sit on the throne of Mortis, which means his whole creation was in vain.

Was Caedus not a Banite Sith? Taught by Lumiya, with Tahiri as his apprentice?

Umm, no. How does being taught by Lumiya make him a banite sith?

The dying father tells Anakin that he must take his place on the throne and continue keeping balance between the son and daughter. But the father proves to be just another fallible character whose vision was also being clouded by the dark side. I believe he also says something like the "dark side could not be tamed or controled" which is why he was losing his son to it.

Also at the end of the last episode, the father tells Anakin that he brought balance to Mortis and that he needed to do the same to the galaxy.

Zampanó

Obviously all post ROTJ EU Literature can not follow that interpretation of the prophecy. (and is therefore non canon stick out tongue)

truejedi
That's actually kinda awesome that now Anakin DIDN'T fulfill the prophecy and bring balance to the force.

It makes sense now why he was created by the force. The force needed someone to sit on that throne. He didn't. It ended horribly. The whole thing was in vain.

I'm loving it. I hope they don't do the obvious and have Luke someday sit on that throne.

Herbert Spencer
Word of God dictates Anakin did fulfill the prophecy. Denning, or perhaps more accurately, the characters written by Denning, are simply wrong.

truejedi
kinda... but technically word of god pretty much shuts down all of the EU starting with ANY sith in it at all.

So... we kinda have to ignore the word of god a little bit to enjoy the EU at all.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by truejedi
kinda... but technically word of god pretty much shuts down all of the EU starting with ANY sith in it at all.

So... we kinda have to ignore the word of god a little bit to enjoy the EU at all.

Post ROTJ anyway..

Although the Mortis trilogy did seem to differ to what Lucas has always said.

Q99
Well, we got some Krayt being badass side-by-side with Luke. That was pretty impressive.

Q99
And the reason for Jacen turning- fear that if he didn't act Krayt would gain Allana to his side. By extension, that'd also imply a One Sith takeover much sooner than in the comics.

Krayt's influence in the timeline is growing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.