Serial Killer Survey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

temi1993
I am researching serial killers and i would love some input from everyone. thanks smile

1. What first comes to mind when you hear serial killer ?

2. What do you think causes one to become a serial killer ?

3. What do you think a typical serial killer looks like ?

4. Do you believe that there are some "good" serial killers out there ?

5. What do you think can be done to prevent the serial killers ?

juggernaut94
Note: I am extremely fascinated by serial killers and their motives, etc. So my answers might be a little mad lol.

1. What first comes to mind when you hear serial killer?

The type of serial killer a person might be. Sloppy and messy? Or clean and careful? Does he have a motive, a point to prove or is it out of sheer pleasure and personal satisfaction?

So many factors can be taken into consideration here. The childhood he/she had, the parents they had, their external influences, their experiences. It could be genetic - mental issues which might trigger violence or even, having the need to hurt someone.

Like every other person.

Dexter Morgan.

Nothing. Out of our control.

the ninjak
1. What first comes to mind when you hear serial killer ?

Ted Bundy.

Addiction to killing has been theorized. Schizoid disorder or people who seem to be born with no emotions can explore or witness extreme violence in the early age and may start to feel through such actions like extreme violence or sex acts. But such addictions always overwhelm the offender in the long run and they start to make mistakes. Those with Schizophrenia tend to get caught much earlier.

There is no typical look for such people. They have ranged from extremely creepy to extremely charming.

You mean like Vigilante Killers? People who kill bad people in a sense of violent justice? Well I know they exist. Whether they are "good" is open for debate.

It can't be done. Most get captured once they start making mistakes or turn themselves in.

Robtard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.