Old Republic: Jedi Knight vs Sith Inquisitor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UltimateAnomaly
Both parties are at the end-game.

Sith Inquisitor as Darth Nox variant.
Jedi Knight just after defeating the Emperor's Voice.
No companions, in the Geonosis Arena.

1. Force only.
2. Sabers.
3. All out.

Who do you think would win, and why?

Nephthys
I see them as about equal. Nox completely No Selling Thanatons FLightning is really damn impressive. Plus Force Walk vastly increases Nox's power. Even Tulak Hord didn't mess with Force Ghosts and Nox has 4 of them in him. And of course the Knight beat the Emperor('s Voice).

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by Nephthys
I see them as about equal. Nox completely No Selling Thanatons FLightning is really damn impressive. Plus Force Walk vastly increases Nox's power. Even Tulak Hord didn't mess with Force Ghosts and Nox has 4 of them in him. And of course the Knight beat the Emperor('s Voice).

I'd probably agree with that.

The JK managed to fend off the Emperor's lightning, which was enough to down a jedi like Revan (Fair enough he was very suprised at the time.). I suppose it doesn't help their case that they used a lightsaber to block it, which seems to negate the power of FLightning, unless fired at close range (A la Yoda/Palps.)

Nox managed to make Thanaton's lightning storm look weaker than it was, especially at the end, when they were pretty much unscathed through the attack.

Saber-wise I'd give it to the JK, whose described as an expert duellist even when he arrives on Tyhon.
Force I'd give to Nox. Force Walk, and some pretty amazing telekinetic powers seem better than what the JK has been shown to use.

All out I'd have to say it'd depend on if the JK can get into saber range. Then again, the spirits Nox has can keep him alive even if they die (As shown when he tries to fight Thanaton the first time and gets 'killed')

Nephthys
Agreed, the Knight seems to be comparatively weak in terms of Force powers considering how long it takes for him to break a pretty small part of the ceiling off in killing the Emperor. I think the Knight winning the sabers and the Inquisitor the Force is pretty much a given, those are the focus' of the class afterall.

The all-out fight is the big decider. Hopefully the SI isn't as stupid as the Emperor and doesn't run onto the Knights lightsaber. Even then he blocked Thanatons lightsaber pretty casually.

UltimateAnomaly
I could see the Inq just standing there, all badass and making the Knight kneel like he did to Thanaton, and then bust out what is probably one of the funniest Inq lines ever (The VA just makes me laugh like crazy when he says it.)

Knight: "How.. How are you doing this!?"
Nox: "Well.. Your beneathhhhhhhhhhhhffffffhhhhhfhhh me."

Arhael
The player with better skill will win.

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by Arhael
The player with better skill will win.

This isn't player vs player. It's character vs character.
Game mechanics don't factor into the battle (Because then Revan would be an godly powerhouse, as would the Exole/Jaden Korr ect.)

Lord Lucien
To hell with them, can you imagine Galen Marek? Goin' all Super Saiyan on everyone's ass?

UltimateAnomaly
Or his clone? Just doing his repulse thingy where he turns people into dust and ash? Over and over.

It'd get so annoying, with his whiny screaming and shouting.

Arhael
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
This isn't player vs player. It's character vs character.
Game mechanics don't factor into the battle (Because then Revan would be an godly powerhouse, as would the Exole/Jaden Korr ect.)
All you know about them comes from game mechanics most of which hardly can be considered canon.

If seriously this is average scenario:
Force: Sith. Darkside gives power after all.
Sabers: Jedi. Lightside gives better self-control and precision.
All out: God knows.

Stealth Moose
All you know about them comes from game mechanics most of which hardly can be considered canon.

If seriously this is average scenario:
Force: Sith. Darkside gives power after all.
Sabers: Jedi. Lightside gives better self-control and precision.
All out: God knows.

No, you're wrong. There's canon cutscenes that depict power usage for both, and in-game codex to cement the power of their rivals, and nods to their power. The JK is noted as being literally one of the best saber duelists ever, even during training, and SI is overflowing with power, tanking lightning storms and deflecting sabers with TK.

Actual in-game combat mechanics haven't been referenced here and aren't admissable.

Arhael
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
No, you're wrong. There's canon cutscenes that depict power usage for both, and in-game codex to cement the power of their rivals, and nods to their power.

Actual in-game combat mechanics haven't been referenced here and aren't admissable. Canon scenes? You call those scenes CANON?
All that purple light emanating from eyes, all those nonsense vortexes created by Force lightning, cracking floor under legs because of same lightning. No equivalent of that is present in any books or other sources. Most of those scenes are over-hyped in very same way as Galen Marek videos.

That is how I basically summed it up.
Sith are known to get extreme power, while Jedi achieve perfect state of calm giving them superior lightsaber skill. And, when all out, god knows.

Lord Lucien
Canon scenes? You call those scenes CANON?
All that purple light emanating from eyes, all those nonsense vortexes created by Force lightning, cracking floor under legs because of same lightning. No equivalent of that is present in any books or other sources. Most of those scenes are over-hyped in very same way as Galen Marek videos. ...

Have you freaking seen Star Wars lately? That's what the Force is now. Teleportation, conjuration, alteration, transfiguration, time travel, planet-eating... and you think some colored effects are a deal-breaker? The Force has become Magic, the Potter variety.

Zampanó
OOOOH! We should get RJ to do a Gethzerion/Bellatrix thread!

Lord Lucien
Is he back?

truejedi
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Is he back?
yeah, is he?

and what is the Jedi Knight's name?

UltimateAnomaly
Ah, he doesn't have one. He's refered to as the Hero of Tyhon.

The SI on the other hand is called Lord Kallig, since he's a descendant of sith lord Aloynious (SP.) Kallig.

Zampanó
Is he back?
Did he leave?

Anyway, Bellatrixstomp rofl

Nephthys
BellatrixXHermoine stomps harderer! estahuh

(Zam read this if you havn't already!)

Lord Lucien

Nephthys
And Gethzerion would own Bellatrix anyway.

Battlemaster

Have you freaking seen Star Wars lately? That's what the Force is now. Teleportation, conjuration, alteration, transfiguration, time travel, planet-eating... and you think some colored effects are a deal-breaker? The Force has become Magic, the Potter variety.

doh

Lord Lucien
Yeah, that's... about all you can do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.