Cherokee Nation in Mexico

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
Apparently there is a Cherokee Nation in Mexico recognized by the Mexican, U.S. and Canadian government and is a sister band of the U.S. and Canadian Cherokee Nation.

http://cherokeediscovery.com/
Do u think Mexicans should be considered Native Americans and claiming themselves as such and gaining Cherokee admission and thereby gaining Cherokee citizenship as an original person of the land north and south?

Do u think genetic testing is a fair indicator and isnt it kinda unfair since Mexicans already share a large portion of the same key markers of northern tribes?

why are they accepted and recognized by all parties involved yet this tribe below is not?

discuss and keep it civil
dMT0MePKRf8

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Apparently there is a Cherokee Nation in Mexico recognized by the Mexican, U.S. and Canadian government and is a sister band of the U.S. and Canadian Cherokee Nation.

http://cherokeediscovery.com/
Do u think Mexicans should be considered Native Americans and claiming themselves as such and gaining Cherokee admission and thereby gaining Cherokee citizenship as an original person of the land north and south?

Do u think genetic testing is a fair indicator and isnt it kinda unfair since Mexicans already share a large portion of the same key markers of northern tribes?

why are they accepted and recognized by all parties involved yet this tribe below is not?

discuss and keep it civil
dMT0MePKRf8

I think the problem with the Cherokee's approach is the pursuit of an overwhelming majority having a Hebraic haplotype. Logic would dictate that the very small handful of Jewish settlers actually making it to the Americas would mix with the existing tens to hundreds of thousands of native peoples: severely diluting the blood or limiting the propagation of the Hebraic blood. A 3% result should be seen as a success to them, but they are wanting a majority to an huge majority to support their case. Why is it difficult for them to believe that only a handful of "light-skinned" people that sailed from far away lands, with different bodies, language, knowledge, etc. would not be able to significantly influence a native culture's traditions for thousands of years? They would have seemed mystical and the people would be much more willing to follow any new traditions brought.

Meh, maybe I am thinking of this in too much of an anthropological perspective. It is possible that I need to be more sensitive about this topic per the request of the OP.

Robtard
Mexicans are finding more clever ways in trying to infiltrate America. Have to say, this one's pretty good.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Robtard
Mexicans are finding more clever ways in trying to infiltrate America. Have to say, this one's pretty good. apparently their clever way in is by acknowledging that they are original americans and not european immigrants

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Nietzschean
apparently their clever way in is by acknowledging that they are original americans and not european immigrants Which has always struck me as a rather moronic claim when you consider that they had to have immigrated their at some point themselves, unless humanity just magically "sprung up" in the Americas. Everyone's an immigrant except for the Africans.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Robtard
Mexicans are finding more clever ways in trying to infiltrate America. Have to say, this one's pretty good.
It's like they've been planning it for centuries before Europeans arrived.

rudester
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Haha I got that joke...lol

Ur funny, ur funny.

rudester
Alot of people forget that, that before mexicans were mexicans they were native, and they were originally from there... then the english came and the spanish conquistadors and they all mixed for the majority.

Weather latin people should get native rights? I dont think so however, latin people are already in USA so theres really no point in trying to stop someone from crossing the boarder if their already there? I mean how long did it take for them to build a wall?? Theres a bigger issue here but it doesnt have to do with immigration, has more to do with the drug trade money...just look at that drug lord who was caught shipping drugs from canada to the U.S? But now im going off topic. continue...

Nietzschean
Originally posted by rudester
Alot of people forget that, that before mexicans were mexicans they were native, and they were originally from there... then the english came and the spanish conquistadors and they all mixed for the majority.

Weather latin people should get native rights? I dont think so however, latin people are already in USA so theres really no point in trying to stop someone from crossing the boarder if their already there? I mean how long did it take for them to build a wall?? Theres a bigger issue here but it doesnt have to do with immigration, has more to do with the drug trade money...just look at that drug lord who was caught shipping drugs from canada to the U.S? But now im going off topic. continue... the problem is they are not identifying themselves as latin and they are asking for their Native American rights that are afforded to Native American people which is and has bn free passage and recognition by governments..

these Mexicans are not the 1st to refuse to identify as latino or hispanic since that is cultural but strictly identify themselves as Native Americans which is their ethnic heritage.

there is a small marauding Mexican/U.S. native band that roamed and were allowed to cross freely to continue their migrating and native tradition. they had bn doing it for centuries.

people also forget that mexicans were crossing the boarder and living on both sides for centuries before and after the european arrived and placed boarders.
do u think they no longer have the right to move freely across their land?

It's not their land anymore. So yes, they've lost that right.

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision

That's completely irrelevant and dismissing that Mexicans aren't Cherokee Indians.

Just as white-people* who decide to grow their hair long, where some feathers and a do-rag on their heads aren't Cherokee Indians either.

http://cherokeediscovery.com/images/cnm01.gif

rudester
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It's not their land anymore. So yes, they've lost that right.

But one could argue and say the same thing about Israelis on Palestinian land? So do Palestinians lose their rights too? The answer yes?

It has more to do with the countries being side by side from each other, different culture clashes, US has less of a ethnic culture then mexico, mexico just happens to be the country that was next door? Do they have a right to go into the country? I dont know? I am canadian?

I'm sure some native person is saying, wait a min here? This is my land not thee americans we know today. Americans are a mix of many cultures today; however the robbery theft from are forefathers and of land that was ment for the queen, a queen which today we don't really need.

You really should brush up on your american history because evidentally you never heard of the french and indian war or the battle of lexington and concord? or the battle of yorktown, or the battle of saratoga....

The only people who have a right to say they were from here were the indians.. but most of them are all dead thanks to the forefathers, and the people who killed them and scalp them alive.

Originally posted by rudester
But one could argue and say the same thing about Israelis on Palestinian land? So do Palestinians lose their rights too? The answer yes? Isreal could wipe the floor with just about any country in the Middle East if it came down to it. So the two situations aren't really comparable. In fact, the example just reinforces my point. The reason why Israel even exists as a country right now is because they've got the strength to repel everyone else.

That, and they have a supremely kick-ass ally in us.

The "native" Americans possessed neither qualities, so **** em. They got outplayed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.