Toughest multiplayer/online opponents you've ever faced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Who was the hardest opponent you ever faced online?

I fought Kuraudokin's Juri in SSF4. Arguably the best Juri player I have ever seen.
I swear, this guy's almost impossible to beat if you're not Daigo-level.

I also fought Grizz of CoD fame. He was an absolute MONSTER! I only managed to kill him once. Lucky shot.

ArtificialGlory
Garl.

Digi
I played some stupid basketball game on XBox with some friends against the #3 player in the country at the time. Needless to say, we got wrecked. I also had a broken hand at the time and was essentially playing with a handicap.

Zack Fair
I played Neightbor of Halo 3 MLG and got my ass handed to me. Well not just me...the entire team lol. He only died once and it was a lucky kill I managed to get.

FinalAnswer
I played a team of asians in Bad Company once during Conquest.

They beat me and my team in about 5 minutes =/

Nephthys
I fought a guy on swtor once.

He won. sad

FinalAnswer
I laughed. mmm

RE: Blaxican
I've gotten my ass handed to me in RTS's like starcraft and DoW2 a number of times.

I've never come across someone in an FPS that I couldn't kill at least a few times, though.

NemeBro
Once I fought Mike Z's Tager in BlazBlue.

Real Soviet Damage > Genesic lol.

the ninjak
Once played against a hacker on GTA4 who amazed everyone in game.

He could shoot a missile launcher like an assault rifle. The smoke effect was amazing. Everybody either blew up or ran for cover trying to hit him with pot shots.

I killed the bastard. But then he returned with a new power! Whilst in a car he could shoot you through buildings. So he chased everyone throughout Bohan murdering everything in site with his drive-by auto aim.

0mega Spawn
Tekken 6 hwraong & Asuka players always give my Raven hell

Impediment
Any 13 year old bastard kid on Modern Warfare 3.

It's staggering how good some of these kids are, what with having no life and all.

Originally posted by Digi
I played some stupid basketball game on XBox with some friends against the #3 player in the country at the time. Needless to say, we got wrecked. I also had a broken hand at the time and was essentially playing with a handicap. Originally posted by Impediment

It's staggering how good some of these kids are, what with having no life and all.

lol. Old men in denial.

ArtificialGlory
I once played against a really good 13 year old in Counter-Strike.

If I've ever gotten beat down by a teenager/kid he/she wasn't wearing a mic. I've never done anything besides violently smash any kiddie who I knew was a kiddie via a mic.

Also, apparently the average gamer is 37 years old.

So, the majority of the time, when you're getting your shit pushed in it's fairly likely that the guy who's doing it is a 30 year old man with two kids a full time job and a wife who's on her period.

Zack Fair
Is that right? The average gamer is 37?

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Who was the hardest opponent you ever faced online?

Bass, easily. Dude was a monster.

Digi
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
lol. Old men in denial.

Dafuq? It was the only time I had ever played that game, and was on a team with my buddy. It makes sense that my biggest beatdown was in a game that I had never played. If I was practiced at it, no one would've schooled me so easily.

crackers

Also, if the average gamer is 37, I'm young by video game standards.

ScreamPaste
In Shadowbane we won a seige against 300 people with 30 once. no expression It was ... Difficult, and took us about four hours. I got more kills in those four hours than in any other entire day in my MMO career.

Fighting games? I played against the three top people of the MLG ladder back to back in brawl once, I almost toppled number 2, who was a beastly GnW.

Smasandian
One of the guys I went to school with was a professional CS player.

Let's just say, 4-5 of us verses him and he still kicked the crap out of us. We usually won the match but there were times when he headshotted all of us when we were waiting for him.

Absolutely amazing.

Peach
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Is that right? The average gamer is 37?

The idea that games are for kids is and always has been a fallacy. They've always been primarily made for, marketed towards, and played by adults.

Digi
Originally posted by Peach
The idea that games are for kids is and always has been a fallacy. They've always been primarily made for, marketed towards, and played by adults.

Agreed, adults have the most money and won't limit themselves like they will oftentimes with kids.

Still, I think people are just surprised at 37. My brother is 39, and he's basically the first generation of gamer, since Atari was big when he was a pre-teen. Gamers existed in some form before that, but never reached a wide audience. My assumption has always been that anything much beyond his age (say, 40 or so right now) and you'd see a sharp decline in gamers, with most of them ranging 18-35. If this stat is right, I'm wrong in my estimations.

Zack Fair
Its not like I thought mostly kids played video games. I just thought the average would be around 25-30. Good to know though.

Peach
Well, as people who started out playing when they were young get older, the age is going to rise. Not to mention things like the Wii and how popular casual gaming has become, which has also captured an older audience stick out tongue

§P0oONY
My toughest opponent was with a guy names Liquid'Sheth, I faced him in a placement match in SC2. To put this in to perspective, I'm a Platinum SC2 player, which may sound impressive but it's not. The league ranks goeBronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Masters, Grandmaster. Sheth is a Grandmaster, who plays professionally... all the early game pressure I attempted to put on him was crished and within about 15 mintues I was royally humiliated. The guy was super nice in chat though.

As for the average age of a gamer, 37 my arse. Maybe if you include pensioners who play tennis on the Wii... but still probably not.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
One of the guys I went to school with was a professional CS player.

Let's just say, 4-5 of us verses him and he still kicked the crap out of us. We usually won the match but there were times when he headshotted all of us when we were waiting for him.

Absolutely amazing.

Same here. I went to high school with two of the leaders of the clan UGP, one of them was arguably the best CS player on the west coast. I was really into Counter Strike in High School and was in one of the better west coast clans and played against him on occasion. I was pretty good at the game and would sometimes be able to compete with him if I was on my game, but he was just absurdly good.

Spooony, that's awesome that you played against Sheth, he's one of the more well known non korean pro players. I always thought it would be cool to play against a pro SCII player, even if it means getting demolished.

Nup, 37.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp

Some other ibteresting tidbets in there, too.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Impediment

Dude, this is just...facepalm

Digi
To be fair, the whole vulgar 13-year-old is a bit of a cliche, but speaking for myself, the time I had to play video games peaked right around 15. I doubt I was great at anything, but there also wasn't an online multiplayer world like there is today for me to really sink my teeth into.

Impediment
Old Digi is old. awermm

Seriously, though, I'm 32 years old and I have a 7 year old who is VERY into LittleBigPlanet and she can kick my ass in some of the community levels. She's getting pretty good.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Same here. I went to high school with two of the leaders of the clan UGP, one of them was arguably the best CS player on the west coast. I was really into Counter Strike in High School and was in one of the better west coast clans and played against him on occasion. I was pretty good at the game and would sometimes be able to compete with him if I was on my game, but he was just absurdly good.

Spooony, that's awesome that you played against Sheth, he's one of the more well known non korean pro players. I always thought it would be cool to play against a pro SCII player, even if it means getting demolished.

I remember him saying his brother was one of the best but I didn't catch his name or the name my friend uses for professional games.

But I do know that his brother headshotted three guys in a row with a handgun while flashbanged and he knew the exact route they would take to get him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.