Who are the top tem Bricks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Who are the top ten bricks in comics in terms of strength?

Stoic
Whoops typo ha ha.

abhilegend
1. PC Omega
2. PC Validus
3. Who cares

golem370
Kurse

abhilegend
Originally posted by golem370
Kurse
Would get stomped here.

Damborgson
1.The thing

2. The rest

Stoic
Amok may be up there as well. He was whooping down Supreme, Mighty Man, and every other high powered strong man and woman in Image. It took a full powered sneak attack from Supreme to shut his brain down, and even that failed to move him from the spot that he stood. He was last seen in Savage Dragon 179 I believe. Real bruiser that one.

abhilegend
We are talking about beings who doesn't even notice planet movers are attacking him full force.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
We are talking about beings who doesn't even notice planet movers are attacking him full force.

Trust me Amok is up there. you would have to read the book with him in it. I was very impressed. When he saw Supreme and was hit with all of Supreme's might it did not even register. Amok is the last of his race called the Randanians I believe, and I think that he could challenge even Validus of the PC era. Randanians are virtually invincible, and the only race that not only live on Jupiter, but mine the precious elements that the planet offered the planets of the Image Universe.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Trust me Amok is up there. you would have to read the book with him in it. I was very impressed. When he saw Supreme and was hit with all of Supreme's might it did not even register. Amok is the last of his race called the Randanians I believe, and I think that he could challenge even Validus of the PC era. Randanians are virtually invincible, and the only race that not only live on Jupiter, but mine the precious elements that the planet offered the planets of the Image Universe.
You think that supreme is anywhere near as strong as a PC kryptonian? Superman once stopped the flow of time with brute strength and re directed it. He was like an ant to validus.

Stoic
You think that supreme is anywhere near as strong as a PC kryptonian? Superman once stopped the flow of time with brute strength and re directed it. He was like an ant to validus.

All things being relative. Superman did not always operate at those levels. PC heroes were always written with very little continuity, so certain feats may not apply, or mean that PC Validus did not operate at PC Superman's best levels or showings. Like I said, you simply have to rad the book that Amok was in, and what they wrote him as being. For instance, I could write Popeye as to be able to two 50 universes, but if he ever had trouble with a common thug, I would question the higher feat. Superman of the PC era was plagued with many of those types of showings.

Prep-Man
i think pre-crisis bizarro amazo would be #1. he literally had the strength of all the pc bizarros on his home world. thats thousands if not millions of stacked strength.

Stoic
Which is also why PC characters should be stricken from forum discussions.

abhilegend
All things being relative. Superman did not always operate at those levels. PC heroes were always written with very little continuity, so certain feats may not apply, or mean that PC Validus did not operate at PC Superman's best levels or showings. Like I said, you simply have to rad the book that Amok was in, and what they wrote him as being. For instance, I could write Popeye as to be able to two 50 universes, but if he ever had trouble with a common thug, I would question the higher feat. Superman of the PC era was plagued with many of those types of showings.
How many comics with pc characters you've read? Honestly. Let me tell you something, they had more continuity than today's comics. If something happened in GL with superman relevancy then it would have also refrenced in LOSH if that was refrenced. He was depowered in 1971 when all kryptonite was changed to iron. Before that he was always at that level. Most of low feats of superman lacks context and are no more silly than black panther armbarring silver surfer or cap koing hulk. Show me these instances of superman struggling with thugs.

Prep-Man
2 other mentiones are:
1. BION post crisis. had all the powers of the legion. stacked strength.
2. composite superman. same deal.

abhilegend
Which is also why PC characters should be stricken from forum discussions.
And the feats from marvel characters from the same era?

Stoic
How many comics with pc characters you've read? Honestly. Let me tell you something, they had more continuity than today's comics. If something happened in GL with superman relevancy then it would have also refrenced in LOSH if that was refrenced. He was depowered in 1971 when all kryptonite was changed to iron. Before that he was always at that level. Most of low feats of superman lacks context and are no more silly than black panther armbarring silver surfer or cap koing hulk. Show me these instances of superman struggling with thugs.

Fiction is fiction, but continuity is a great part of good reading, and DC lacked this in the PC era. If not then COIE would have never existed. It's DC's way of cleaning up loose ends. Now this was a very long time ago, so i don't even recall the issue number, but I recall Superman even being stunned by taking a whack to the back of his head from a bank robber with a baseball bat. Now unless this mugger was super strong, I would call that poor continuity. To be honest, when I made this thread, I had not considered barring PC characters, because those same characters today have been tailored to a more reasonable level, without the heavy fluctuations that plagued them in the past. I mean back in the day Superman could have put of a forest fire with his tears, or just super pissed on it.

Stoic
And the feats from marvel characters from the same era?

Name a high feat from Marvel that would trump the high ones of today. Never has the Hulk ever took a step that threatened to sink the Eastern Seaboard for example.

abhilegend
Fiction is fiction, but continuity is a great part of good reading, and DC lacked this in the PC era. If not then COIE would have never existed. It's DC's way of cleaning up loose ends. Now this was a very long time ago, so i don't even recall the issue number, but I recall Superman even being stunned by taking a whack to the back of his head from a bank robber with a baseball bat. Now unless this mugger was super strong, I would call that poor continuity. To be honest, when I made this thread, I had not considered barring PC characters, because those same characters today have been tailored to a more reasonable level, without the heavy fluctuations that plagued them in the past. I mean back in the day Superman could have put of a forest fire with his tears, or just super pissed on it.
Then you don't know about why COIE happened? It created more continuity problems than it solved and DC is struggling with its continuity since then. Superman 317, that bank robber was metallo in disguise. Again you need to read those comics. They are no more fluctuating than the characters of today. No, that was exception not the norm. Even today superman seals holes in reality with hv and red hulk kills someone barred from death's realm and silver surfer turns into snow.Originally posted by Stoic
Name a high feat from Marvel that would trump the high ones of today. Never has the Hulk ever took a step that threatened to sink the Eastern Seaboard for example.
Savage hulk sending shockwaves through countless dimensions, thor almost killing galactus, thor taking shots from celestials, hulk thunderclapping and illuminating dark cosmos, dr strange confronting LT etc.

Endless Mike
Omega

Reacting2
Who are the top ten bricks in comics in terms of strength?

the Ricochet monsters>>All

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3696/thorvsricochetmonsterez7.th.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Omega
1. PC Omega
2. PC Validus
3. Who cares
131fist

TheLordofMurder
1) Classic Beyonder...
2) Thanos with the HoTU...
3-10) Everyone else get in line....

Horrificus
Mangog

carver9
Yes, classic fts should be exempted for Marvel characters as well since the power level of almost every last one of them has changed. I hate when people rely on fts from the 80's and below when overall, these characters are just, different. If you can't provide many scans for your character in a recent era, that should tell you something, that your character isn't as powerful as he use to be or your character again, just isn't as powerful as he use to be.

I hate classic fts, character were drawn cartoon like and the fts were stupid.

psycho gundam
you don't know what you're talking about

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Yes, classic fts should be exempted for Marvel characters as well since the power level of almost every last one of them has changed. I hate when people rely on fts from the 80's and below when overall, these characters are just, different. If you can't provide many scans for your character in a recent era, that should tell you something, that your character isn't as powerful as he use to be or your character again, just isn't as powerful as he use to be.

I hate classic fts, character were drawn cartoon like and the fts were stupid.

Originally posted by psycho gundam

ares834
I can see where Carver's point that classic feats are no longer relevant comes from.

But classic comics are far better than recent ones IMO.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Damborgson
1.The thing

2. The rest

rock

carver9

I think I do.

psycho gundam
you don't sound too sure

carver9
you don't sound too sure

Reread...my post appears full of confidence.

psycho gundam
once was enough, thanks

carver9
Lol.

Bouboumaster
1- Hulk
2- Whatever

Prep-Man
I'm going to add original Shaggy Man to the list. he was playing with the league like they were GI Joe dolls.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.